Former Aptos man convicted of investment scam, faces 25 years i...

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

A jury on Friday convicted a former investment broker who recently lived in Aptos and attended Twin Lakes Church of 20 charges in a securities fraud case that involved bilking investors out of tens of thousands of dollars.
Comments
1 - 20 of 119 Comments Last updated Jul 28, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
wildman

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Oct 20, 2009
He did his homework.......lots of wealthy people at Twin Lakes Church.
Aptosian

Chino, CA

#5 Oct 20, 2009
Justice served for once.
Not Really

United States

#6 Oct 20, 2009
Eat more beef wrote:
Christian love in action.
Actually this is not "Christian love". This is a case of a scamster using the trust factor often found within churches to prey upon innocent victims. Christ did not teach us to do this to our brothers and sisters. He certainly did not act with God's approval.
Yep

Richmond, CA

#7 Oct 20, 2009
Not Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually this is not "Christian love". This is a case of a scamster using the trust factor often found within churches to prey upon innocent victims. Christ did not teach us to do this to our brothers and sisters. He certainly did not act with God's approval.
Well stated - thank you.
SC Local

Union City, CA

#8 Oct 20, 2009
and he was in the 'honor guard' at the white house...

what does that tell you?
Linda Ponzini

San Carlos, CA

#9 Oct 20, 2009
Ken is small potatoes compared to Sam Zell who bilks elderly folks on a regular basis. I guess if you have enough money you can avoid jail.
B Bunner World habitant

Coarsegold, CA

#10 Oct 20, 2009
Twinkle Toes is going to get his do, if Joe had his way after being scammed, there would be no need for prison time, just grave side services. I feel sorry for the children, yet those hidden offshore accounts?
Joe P..... Be happy if possible.(inside story)
Crazy

Santa Cruz, CA

#12 Oct 20, 2009
Not Really wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know because you talk to God?
Glen Beck was right

Morgan Hill, CA

#13 Oct 20, 2009
Typical Santa Cruz liberals, going after a god-fearing hard-working businessman, while murderers roam the streets. If we deregulate business in this country, people would be less tempted to commit financial crimes.
Bible in one hand

Santa Cruz, CA

#14 Oct 20, 2009
It's about time he was caught. Maybe now his kids can see him for what he really is....and to use the bible while stealing...btw he was a republican.
Glen Beck was right

Morgan Hill, CA

#15 Oct 20, 2009
"btw he was a republican."

-Exactly. If he was a Demoncrat, the DA wouldn't be going after him like this.
B Bunner World habitant

Coarsegold, CA

#16 Oct 20, 2009
Seems Kenny Dolittle did a lot, eight children to carry on his honorable name, scammed millions from the elderly, was the guard of the honor among thieves
in D.C.. Good going Kenny, I knew you had it in you. Can you give me a number of one of those off shore accounts? Needy! LOL
B Bunner World habitant

Coarsegold, CA

#17 Oct 20, 2009
Glen Beck was right wrote:
Typical Santa Cruz liberals, going after a god-fearing hard-working businessman, while murderers roam the streets. If we deregulate business in this country, people would be less tempted to commit financial crimes.
Why bring another con artist into the subject, one is enough for anyone, though small time and thanks for type casting a lot of Santa Cruz residents. Your a sweetheart.
Zdaddy

Santa Cruz, CA

#18 Oct 20, 2009
I met this dude briefly about ten years ago. I knew right away that he couldn't be trusted.
B Bunner World habitant

Coarsegold, CA

#19 Oct 20, 2009
Glen Beck was right wrote:
"btw he was a republican."
-Exactly. If he was a Demoncrat, the DA wouldn't be going after him like this.
You must not have been taken by sweet Kenny, politics aside. BOOO!
Glen Beck is wrong

Santa Cruz, CA

#20 Oct 20, 2009
He was convicted by a jury of his peers for using the bible to rip off the elderly. Not because he was republican you tool. Wake up and stop sniffing cry baby glenn beck's dirty underwear.
Glen Beck was right

Morgan Hill, CA

#21 Oct 20, 2009
Glen Beck is wrong wrote:
He was convicted by a jury of his peers for using the bible to rip off the elderly.
That is my point, why should the state have any say in what was a business transaction between two consenting adults? Read some Ayn Rand, you idiots.
annie

Santa Cruz, CA

#22 Oct 20, 2009
wildman wrote:
He did his homework.......lots of wealthy people at Twin Lakes Church.
...and brainwashed people.
Glenn Beck Was wrong

Santa Cruz, CA

#24 Oct 20, 2009
Nice analysis. Anything goes with consenting adults? What if you make a representation that turned out to be false and that false statement was bolstered by bible verses ? Go back to weaping with your hero Glenn "the tool" Beck.
Aptosian

Chino, CA

#25 Oct 20, 2009
I love it that a Glenn Beck fan is defending a criminal in the name of free enterprise! Perfect. Oh and throwing Ayn Rand in for good measure. Classic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Things in your backyard-- 49 min g 20
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 1 hr papersup 15,971
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr spotters 200,620
How's the job search going John? (Feb '14) 3 hr DBS 25
Did DBS eat too many Big Macs? (Feb '14) 3 hr DBS 16
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 8 hr plastic bins 5,018
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 8 hr punch tips 7,935
•••
•••
•••

Santa Cruz Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••