Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
127,301 - 127,320 of 200,578 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>Game,Set and Match.I knew you're not going to acknowledge that I made a good point against you and I caught you in a lie.So better luck next time
only in your dreams fairy.........LOL

So why can't you post this lie and your facts that prove it a lie??????

Waiting..........LOL
Green Fairy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
only in your dreams fairy.........LOL
So why can't you post this lie and your facts that prove it a lie??????
Waiting..........LOL
Typical you won't acknowledge defeat even it hit you on the head.

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>That is not what it states.
A car? Please stop being foolish.
A dog? A dog cannot understand nor give consent.

Sorry, your 'we' will never change the Constitution.
Your dreams of a theocracy are doomed.
31 states have already changed their constitutions and their is nothing you can do to stop it.......

But you can go cry to your mama

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>So why not civil unions for both gays and straights I don't see anything wrong with that but there are others who don't want gays to anything.
because we normal people have been getting married for thousands of years

We don't call blacks white or women men and we will not allow you to use the word marriage
Green Fairy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. Many Churches disapprove of homosexuality, polygamy, & other perversions, & even if you are a Christian, you would still be REJECTED because those perversions are a attack against morality. But let's see you try & push your Gay Agenda in a Muslim church & see how they respond to it.
The only reason why some Church allow you pervs to get married is because the Church knows you gays will throw stones & commit acts as violence on the church if they choose not to do your perverted pseudo-wedding, even though the majority of you are really atheist, especially if the Church is located in a very Liberal area. Many Christian organizations have been THREATENED by the Gay Mafia only for following their beliefs. The Church follows by its morals & the government follow by its own. On the other hand, the government will gladly married you pervs because they don't follow by the same morals & same ethics that the Church follows. And the Church has the right to REJECT a practice they see goes against their morals & teaching.
Gays bully Christians because they know the Christians won't fight back & many Christians are against the violence, yet for some reason, I never see the pervs bully the Muslims into forcing them to accept their sick behavior...probably because the gays know the Muslim will respond back to them violently LOL
Let's just see you try & change the definition of a word in a MUSLIM community. LOL
You prove the reason why more people are leaving religion in masses.

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>Of course nothing is you can't force gays to back just because you don't want them to have equal rights because you're selfish and fearful.
we can and will do what ever we want and there is nothing you can do about it

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy you're an idiot. The States cannot remove the right for woman to vote because the STATES Amended the Constitution to say such. Note, it was because the STATES decided NOT the FEDERAL Government. The States could if they choose take away that right with 3/4's of them ratifying an Amendment to repeal it.
And yes, you are stupid.
There is no MARRIAGE Amendment. Remember that wonderful case that tossed Sec 3 of DOMA? The court was very clear, marriage laws fell under the jurisdiction of the state.
It seams we are at an impasse asshat. One one hand you say it requires a Constitutional amendment, when YOU decide. Good by fluck stick, you have been voted off the island of Intelligent, your new home is the country of Dumbassland.
Green Fairy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
31 states have already changed their constitutions and their is nothing you can do to stop it.......
But you can go cry to your mama
Nope,Maine's question 1 didn't ban gay marriage but repeal the bay marriage law,Hawaii's allowed allow legislature to enact a ban. There for it still 29 states.
Green Fairy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't call blacks white or women men and we will not allow you to use the word marriage
So why not have civil unions for a leave marriage in the church let them defening what marriage in religious setting.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
For any man to marry any woman........
It says nothing about perverts that want to marry a dog or a car nor a person of the same sex......
But if needed we will also change the federal constitution just like we changed 31 states constitution.....
You don't have the votes to get it out of Congress, dolt.
Green Fairy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
EXpect killing you homophobes one by one.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow? Since when did you hold the Trademark on the word marriage? Can you say hubris?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes there is. We can force you back on your Thorazine drip if you don't settle down.
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove the reason why more people are leaving religion in masses.
Really? Last time I checked, Muslim was the fastest growing religion. So how does that dictate your "more people are leaving religion" theory? Please explain.

Wanna know a secret? I know of a few ATHEISTS who disagree with homosexuality

U MAD BRO?
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
EXpect killing you homophobes one by one.
You Queers are just like Muslims: intolerant of those who criticism your deathstyle, & violent to those who speak out against it.
Green Fairy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You Queers are just like Muslims: intolerant of those who criticism your deathstyle, & violent to those who speak out against it.
Yhbt
Better luck next time.
Green Fairy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Last time I checked, Muslim was the fastest growing religion. So how does that dictate your "more people are leaving religion" theory? Please explain.
Wanna know a secret? I know of a few ATHEISTS who disagree with homosexuality
U MAD BRO?
Some athiests but not all of them so what your point,besides thanks to Internet you can find more information on everything

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>Nope,Maine's question 1 didn't ban gay marriage but repeal the bay marriage law,Hawaii's allowed allow legislature to enact a ban. There for it still 29 states.
far more than agree with you

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>So why not have civil unions for a leave marriage in the church let them defening what marriage in religious setting.
I have told you many times already

The normal people have been getting married for thousands of years

“Facts”

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have the votes to get it out of Congress, dolt.
every election we get closer......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Santa Cruz Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Santa Cruz People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Santa Cruz News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Santa Cruz