Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story

“Just keeping it real”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#156146 Aug 24, 2012
Calipo wrote:
so you don't or do like gay's is it the sex or the companionship?
Why is it an "either/or" in your world?
Calipo wrote:
what is it about this life style we who like the opposite sex don't understand?
Well, for starters, the fact that it isn't a lifestyle.

next round of stupid questions....
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#156148 Aug 24, 2012
Prof Dingleberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it an "either/or" in your world?
<quoted text>
Well, for starters, the fact that it isn't a lifestyle.
next round of stupid questions....
I've heard the same arguments for obese people. "i was born fat" or "i have the fat gene".
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#156149 Aug 24, 2012
Being gay just happens through curiosity and cultural influences. The more being gay is accepted in society the more of them come out with it. Saying that it is genetic is just a way of defending themselves by saying they did not have a choice and were born that way. Why does it matter if they made a choice to be gay anyway? This is America and we are free to chose how we want to live. Having to defend yourself for being gay is something that should happen in some other communist country.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156150 Aug 24, 2012
jacques renault wrote:
Dingleberry: you're on AIDS disability, correct
No Jackie, I'm not. Like the vast majority of gays, I'm not infected with HIV. And like the vast majority of gays, I work, earn a higher than average income and pay taxes.

Are there any other preconcieved stupid notions about me that I can help clear up for you?
jacques renault wrote:
you're humorless, and perhaps unhinged, and your side has never won a vote on this issue for good reason
Well, unfortunately for you and those like you that like to gloat over votes on civil rights, SCOTUS has already established that basic fundamental rights of people are not up for popular vote.

"The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts. One's right to life, liberty, and property, to free speech, a free press, freedom of worship and assembly, and other fundamental rights may not be submitted to vote; they depend on the outcome of no elections." - WV State Board of Education v Barnett 1943

That's why Prop 8 was ruled unconstitutional, and the rushed constitutional amendments that many states hurried into their last elections will go the same way. These state constitutional amendments will be viewed historically the same way we currently view Jim Crow laws.

You see jacques, once these amendments are challenged, the states will be required to explain what valid state interest is served in denying gays their right to marry. And just like those that tried to do this in California, the other states will fail to be able to provide this valid state interest since there isn't one. These state amendments will be deemed unconstitutional just like Prop H8 was. Chomp on that.

Oh, and just for giggles jacques, keep your eye out for the upcoming November re-vote in Maine on this issue!! Once that happens, your statement about "your side has never won a vote on the issue" will no longer be accurate.
jacques renault wrote:
debate just isn't for you
Gee, I'm so sorry your not having a good time. Feel free to skip over any of my posts and not respond again. One less inane post from idiots like you would be a good thing.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156151 Aug 24, 2012
akpilot wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all "progress" is good. Ask those from Nazi Germany and the USSR.
I'll be happy to, when you indicate what it is that you are calling progress. Are you under the impression that Nazism is to be considered as progress? Wow, stir the pot much?

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156152 Aug 24, 2012
Hey AKIdjit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Thank you! Thank you for pointing out the best examples of why social repression in the name of progress is a failure!
I just hope the lesson isn't lost on our buddy Rittardo, et al.
Exactly. AK just likes to aggitate and create arguments where they don't exist.
DumbBar

Covina, CA

#156154 Aug 24, 2012
A new level of stupity has been achieved here.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156155 Aug 24, 2012
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
You are soooo comgused .
I am? How do you know I'm comgused? I don't feel comgused at all. What are the specific indicators of my comgusion?
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I see exactly what you are doing that is not me ... take a hike you troll
That is not you? Seems odd given that the link takes me directly to a post from "Mike in Lomita", the same name and city that this here post has. Perhaps you should consider actually registering an account so as not to avoid confusion over which posts are yours and which you want to deny are yours.

As for your suggestion to take a hike, sorry, but I was here first. You aren't in any position to ask me to leave.

Have a nice day.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156156 Aug 24, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
Gays Think You're Stupid!
Even gays can't believe how stupid straights who support same-sex marriage are.
They can't believe you actually believe their totally fake 14th Amendment argument for same-sex marriage has a leg to stand on.
They can't believe that you take men who wear penis suits and penis hats seriously.
They couldn't believe it when you let pedophiles like Larry Brinkin adopt little boys.
They were absolutely astounded you believed them when they said the gay life sytle didn't have anything to do with the HIV-AIDS epidemic.
They roll on the floor and laugh their heads off when you announce there's nothing wrong with gay Boy Scout leaders.
They can't believe you don't remember how wrong they were about gay bathhouses.
The list goes on and on.
The fact is, is liberal straights just like you who are indirectly responsible for the 450,000 gays killed by AIDS.
You never should have allowed gay bathhouse -- they were a health menace.
... Just like same-sex marriage is.
Hey there Gary Lloyd! Baseless repitition is the sin qua non of idiots. Thanks for taking time out again today to demonstrate you're an idiot. We all appreciate that.

Hey Gary, how you coming along with showing the room where the GSLEN is credited in your favorite masturbatory book? How about those 13 additional bible verses you stated existed?

Why such a chicken shit coward Gary? What's the matter, mommie didn't teach you how to be a real man and to publically acknowledge when you lie?

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156157 Aug 24, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
If I had a nickel for every time I've shown the "gay is not a choice" argument is a pile of crap I'd be as rich as Donald Trump.
The APA certainly no longer supports this LGBT pile of crap; nor does anyone who knows the dirty secrets about gay culture; namely, it thrives on converting young heterosexual boys to gay boys.
In fact, the whole purpose of the "born this way" scam is to gain unfettered access to underage boys in schools, Boy Scout troops, Gay-Straight Alliances Clubs, etc.
Young adolescents are especially venerable a fact exploited by the adult males who run high school Gay-Straight Alliance Clubs.
Gay activist, registered pedophile Adam Flanders wrote a letter to a local Maine newspaper detailing how he routinely seduced 14-year-old boys attending local Gay-Straight Alliance Clubs. Drugs and alcohols were often used.
http://mainebusiness.mainetoday.com/newsdirec...
There's only one reason gay males are so manic about these Gay-Straight Alliance Clubs popping-up (no pun) all over the place.
At least let's be honest about that.
Baselesss repetition is the sin qua non of idiots. Thanks for the post Gary.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156158 Aug 24, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
At least let's be honest about that.
Honest? LOL!

Hey Gary, where in your favorite masturbatory book is the GLSEN credited? Which page number?

Hey Gary, where in the bible can one find the "100s of verses" that deal with homosexuality?

You soil the English language by even attempting to employ that word you coward chicken shit.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156160 Aug 24, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Equally with HETEROSEXUAL married couples, silly one.
And right now heterosexuals aren't clamoring to marry relatives. Only the anti-gay bigot crowd is touting incest.
You know, people like you.
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Equally with HETEROSEXUAL married couples, silly one.
And right now heterosexuals aren't clamoring to marry relatives. Only the anti-gay bigot crowd is touting incest.
You know, people like you.
AKidiot loves to employ the "everyone is already equal under the law" argument, which is basically the same argument as "whites are free to marry other whites and blacks are free to marry other blacks, therefore equality already exists" argument. It's a failed concept, but one he clings to so that he can perpetuate arguments and spout is egotistical claims of being an expert on the Constitution. It's a tired routine that plays over and over on all the long term gay related Topix threads.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156161 Aug 24, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You can keep saying it, but it's simply not true.
People who wanted to marry outside their race had the SAME option to do so that folks who married within their race had. But we no longer require that. Why?
Why did the courts decide they were not being treated equally under the law, when the had the SAME ability to marry someone of their same race that everyone else had?
Were they really equal under the law? Why did the court rule that they were not?
Exactly.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156162 Aug 24, 2012
Winston Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
E-book not going as planned?
It's difficult to actually write something when one's time is pretty much consumed with reading and re-reading one's Little Black Book over and over and over.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156163 Aug 24, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
If it's the "truth" you should have no difficulty presenting a credible cite.
And "Prove it isn't a choice!" is not a credible cite, so don't waste everyone's time with that lame response, Okay?
Choice or not a choice. It's irrelevant. Only morons like you Gary, think that its important. But then again, only morons get stirred into a frenzy about books that are no longer in publication or about establishments that were only open 35 years ago.

Carry on you cowardly lying clod.

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156164 Aug 24, 2012
Hey Rittardo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe Gayry's rantings?
Is anyone, anyone at all, surprised that Riccardo completely avoided answering this? LOL!

I know I'm not!!

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156165 Aug 24, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>I've heard the same arguments for obese people. "i was born fat" or "i have the fat gene".
The "same argument"? Um, I didn't present this argument. Blather much?

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

#156166 Aug 24, 2012
Prof Dingleberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Honest? LOL!
Hey Gary, where in your favorite masturbatory book is the GLSEN credited? Which page number?
Hey Gary, where in the bible can one find the "100s of verses" that deal with homosexuality?
You soil the English language by even attempting to employ that word you coward chicken shit.
Don't take this the wrong way, Dingleberry, but I noticed you only post during hours public libraries are open.

Is that a hit?

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156167 Aug 24, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
Being gay just happens through curiosity and cultural influences.
Um, I'm calling bullshit. Proof this statement. Cite a source of peer reviewed research that resulted in this conclusion.

**crickets chirping**
RiccardoFire wrote:
The more being gay is accepted in society the more of them come out with it.
Prove this. If this were true, then the percentages of gays in society would have increased over the last 40 years here in the United States. Prove that it has.

If this were true, countries and states that recognize marriage eqaulity would have higher percentates of gay people. Prove that is the case.

Is this were true, you would be able to present us with some gay people that will confirm they are gay simply based on a giant game of red rover red rover. They will be able to confirm that they are gay solely through trial and error. Please present us with some of these people.

**crickets chirping**
RiccardoFire wrote:
Saying that it is genetic is just a way of defending themselves by saying they did not have a choice and were born that way.
Prove it. Prove that you know more about it then actual gay people. Present your credentials, and then demonstrate how you can prove that we weren't born gay.

**crickets chriping**

You talking about homosexuality is about as moronic as Todd Akin talking about what pregnancy is like.
RiccardoFire wrote:
Why does it matter if they made a choice to be gay anyway?
It doesn't. Not one bit. But you and the other idiots that think you know more about it then we gays do sure do seem to like to drone on about it ad nauseum. Take your current post for example. Just fyi, it makes you look stupid. Correction, "more" stupid.
RiccardoFire wrote:
This is America and we are free to chose how we want to live. Having to defend yourself for being gay is something that should happen in some other communist country.
Um, I don't remember anyone here defending the fact they were gay. Could you indicate where that occured?

“Just keeping it real”

Location hidden

#156168 Aug 24, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a Queer isn't a lifestyle, the way you live because of being a Queer is your lifestyle there Prof Fa$$ot.
Was that actually supposed to be coherant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Barbara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Michael Jackson prosecutor Tom Sneddon dies Nov 24 Live on 28
School security upped after 6 students are arre... Nov 20 Ace McMillan 1
Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... Nov 18 thought 50
Seattle man arrested after bragging online abou... Nov 18 thought 28
Soap actor Don Stewart dead at age 70 (Feb '06) Nov 14 wfehrh 19
Michael Jacksona s ex-maids reveal madness at N... Nov 9 zepforever 132
Police Arrest 18-year-old for Rape Nov 3 teacher 7
Santa Barbara Dating
Find my Match

Santa Barbara People Search