Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,146

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Sarbore

San Jose, CA

#138768 Apr 30, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you having all rights that we have under a different civil union somehow remove some of your rights?
Will we ACTUALLY have all the same rights, word for word exactly the same, every single one of them? Federal rights too? Or are we only going to get the bits you people allow. The fact that our marriages can be voted on and yours cant is an indication we are far from equal.

And if they are exactly the same what is the point of using two different words? It's is JUST a word. What is your special attachment to it. Will us calling it marriage mean you cant? Is it taking something from you? It's a pretty lame thing to get so incredibly defensive of.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#138769 Apr 30, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Boston still in Mass???
The first link talks about that.....ROTFLMAO
You are the one that made the claim he was telling a fat gore so why don't you back it up????
No it doesn't. But then it is well known FACT that your reading comprehension SUCKS FOR AIR.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#138770 Apr 30, 2012
polly sigh one oh one wrote:
<quoted text>
typical whiny bitchy liberals getting all butthurt.
honey, it's ok that your a virgin.
im sure your craving for girl to deflower
ahahahahahahahha
ahahahahahahahha
aahahahahhahahah

Do you always respond with ridiculous non sequiturs or is it your year to play retard?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#138771 Apr 30, 2012
<quoted text>
oh mona mona when will you learn???
i can give you therapy for free!
wouldn't you like that sweetie???
shit.........

I guess I'll have to spell it out for you DUMBASS. I am male. Got it? The only thing you can do for me is to demonstrate sepuku.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#138772 Apr 30, 2012
Pedro De Pacas wrote:
Yo' Moan a lot...when you call someone retarded you should at least be able to spell the word "realize" correctly you inbred lezbo!
Yo...dumbass.... either spelling is correct.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#138774 Apr 30, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right "Gay" or "Same-Sex" Marriage DOES NOT exist.......just Marriage that involves a Same-Sex Couple or an opposite-sex couple!!!
Notice the difference? It only increases from there!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#138776 Apr 30, 2012
Pedro De Pacas wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not type "blah, blah, blah," what, do you have multiple cockeye syndrome stuck in your eyes and therefore you can't read properly or what Dumbo!?
I always get an extra kick when you allow me to upset you, that means I win in life as usual! Plus it shows what a weak individual you are too!
I know I'm bat S@#t crazy...yet you keep takin' the troll bait and now you can't even paraphrase correctly either chucklehead!!!
Next!!!!!!!!!!
You get an "EF," for "epic failure in life!"
Plus, you don't have 1% of my awesome creative and funny writing skills!
You're about as funny as cancer.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

#138780 Apr 30, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. But then it is well known FACT that your reading comprehension SUCKS FOR AIR.
Maybe you need to disable your spam filter so you can follow the link........

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#138781 Apr 30, 2012
Pedro De Pacas wrote:
This site is sooo much better than Craigslist!!!
Gotta' love it;"Topix" still practices censorship but when you say filthy words in another language...well then; "Topix" nazi can not compute that...cool mang!
go figure...another parasite from Craigslist. Not saying much for you... bud.
Hey Perro de Pacass

Los Angeles, CA

#138786 Apr 30, 2012
Pedro De Pacas wrote:
<quoted text>
blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah...
I know I'm bat S@#t crazy...
blah-blah-blah
I think you're mistaking "stupid" for "crazy".
Hey Perro de Pacass

Los Angeles, CA

#138787 Apr 30, 2012
Pedro De Pacas wrote:
<quoted text>
Like this site isn't as bad!?
You are a victim of your own manifestations of delusion and being a parasite is still 100X better than being gay!
You really shouldn't talk to youself that way. No one's convinced.

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Baltimore, MD

#138788 Apr 30, 2012
Sarbore wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwww, poor you, people in the world doing things you don't approve of. Get a clue fruitcake, it doesn't matter what you or anybody else thinks is moral or immoral. If they aren't stepping on anyone elses rights they can do as they please. Too bad for you.
I'm going to take a wild stab here and say you dropped out of school before learning what Eliot meant by "objective correlative."

A hit ...?
hari67

United States

#138789 Apr 30, 2012
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
the vast majority of Americans would be happy to give you equal rights and the vast majority of Americans will not allow you to change the meaning of the word marriage
But most of the abnormals like you don't care about equal rights you just want to feel normal and your messed up mind let's you believe that the name will somehow make you feel normal
absolutely no offense if they have kept their mouth shut instead of trying to justified what God think we wouldn't be having this conversation if Mexico Spain Argentina the most religious around look the other way we can here

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#138790 Apr 30, 2012
<quoted text>
oh mona mona when will you learn???
i can give you therapy for free!
wouldn't you like that sweetie???
OH Doctor Demented, Mona is a woman, you likes em before they reach puberty. I am sure she can kick yer ass.

“Yellow Brick Road”

Since: Mar 12

The Land of OZ

#138791 Apr 30, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to take a wild stab here and say you dropped out of school before learning what Eliot meant by "objective correlative."
A hit ...?
Now where were we oh yes. So Professor Fundie, tell me how it is that a Pagan does not have the same rights and privileges as a fundie freak like you. I am sure it must be in the US Constitution somewhere that states only God Fearing Fundamentalist Christians are entitled to the rights as stated in the Constitution. Surly a list is given that disallows Buddhist's, Muslims, Hindus, Pagans, Wiccans and atheists the rights that are given to all citizens of this country both natural born and naturalized.

What are the laws that have been past that demand you marry someone of the same sex.

What law has been passed that requires you to have sex with someone of the the sex.

Please show the statutes and the states where these laws have been passed.

Please show me any law or reason that disqualifies a Homosexual or Transsexuals from being a teacher.
Sarbore

San Jose, CA

#138794 Apr 30, 2012
Prof Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>
A hit ...?
If you're trying to say you purposefully attempt to piss people off in this forum, we already knew that :)
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#138795 Apr 30, 2012
<quoted text>
no but your stupidity shows by your posts.
now that wouldn't be considered false would it?
take a hike joe schmo!
I'm guessing from your response, you didn't get the point either.
If people paint pictures expressing homosexuality on their walls, its a pretty good bet, they except homosexuality. I've seen a lot of ancient greek, and roman wall painting, and statues that express homosexuality. Which would suggest to any person there were a lot of people in ancient cultures that excepted homosexuality. Exspecially considering the track record of book god believers destroying things that don't agree with their beliefs.
I asked that question to make the point, people that don't accept homosexuality wouldn't have paintings expressing it, or statues.
If you still fail to understand, or just want to blame your lack of understanding on me, go ahead. I'm confident enough with myself, and I understand your reasons behind it.
rwb

Van Wert, OH

#138796 Apr 30, 2012
The nature of marriage has changed from culture to culture and over time. For a long time, women were not considered 'partners' we have today, they were viewed as 'property'. Much of the time marriage was about property & money rather than love and fulfillment. With the continuing changes in the nature of marriage, we now have legalization of divorce. Recognizing & criminalizing marital rape. Legalizing interracial marriage. The elimination of parents right to choose, child's spouse, along with the elimination of dowries. The elimination of childhood marriages and betrothals. Along with the elimination of polygamy. Romance and marriage did not go hand in hand at one time. Marriage at one time was a matter of obedience, not love. So through history marriage has changed substantially to what we consider traditional now a days. So our traditional marriage consists of love. The ideal of marriage is; love, be loved, grow as a person, and live happily ever after. What is wrong with that...absolutely nothing...well, look around. It seems nearly unfathomable. Look at divorce rates, and number of unmarried adults. So since marriage really took such a long time to develop into what we consider traditional today, is it time for another re-evaluation of the nature of marriage.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#138797 Apr 30, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure seem like you're preaching against bullying, but the last time I saw a protest among Gays & Christians, it was the Gays who did the violence.
www.thegaymanifesto.com/christians-killing-ga...

livinglifewithoutanet.wordpress.com/.../five-... .
www.mpacuk.org/.../christian-preacher-calls-k... -...- United Kingdom
henewcivilrightsmovement.com/70-year-old...ga...
www.lgbtqnation.com/.../ugandan-gay-activist-... -...
www.texemarrs.com/columbine_hate_crime.htm
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#138798 Apr 30, 2012
Bill Of Rights wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it doesn't excuse it but it's sometimes understandable now isn't it! But again,it is but a tiny minority of gays doing it!
I typed in christians killing homosexuals, I provide some of the links earlier. The funny part was I typed in homosexuals killing christians and the same links came up that I posted about christians killing homosexuals. I guess there just isn't many homosexuals killing christians.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Barbara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ex-Michael Jackson prosecutor Tom Sneddon dies 18 hr Live on 28
School security upped after 6 students are arre... Nov 20 Ace McMillan 1
Men like Elliot Rodger are not owed anyone or a... Nov 18 thought 50
Seattle man arrested after bragging online abou... Nov 18 thought 28
Soap actor Don Stewart dead at age 70 (Feb '06) Nov 14 wfehrh 19
Michael Jacksona s ex-maids reveal madness at N... Nov 9 zepforever 132
Police Arrest 18-year-old for Rape Nov 3 teacher 7

Fire Weather Watch for Santa Barbara County was issued at November 24 at 1:48PM PST

Santa Barbara Dating
Find my Match

Santa Barbara People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Santa Barbara News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Santa Barbara

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:19 pm PST