Trevon Martin...self defense or murder?

Mar 21, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 3,858

Geez....where do you start? The 17 year old Trevon Martin gunned down in Sanford FL in February and his assailant George Zimmerman still walks free.

Full Story
Bomb Mexico

Paso Robles, CA

#1484 Mar 31, 2012
this is simple wrote:
He w as told not to follow the kid. So because he was in pursuit of the teen negates the law in FLORIDA. Zimmerman was not threatend.
He was told that and he didnt continue to follow him.That trouble maker Trevon Martin followed him back to his car and started shit and got what he deserved.You wont hear that kind of thing on those liberal T.V. stations like cnn because they tend to edit things out that make minorities look all sweat and innocent,just like Rodney King video tapes.Zimmerman was a head of the neighborhood watch so hid did have the right to follow whoever did look suspicious.That neighborhood had dozens of recent crimes and they were commited by all blacks.If the truth hurts,oh well.
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#1486 Mar 31, 2012
Lashawn wrote:
Here is how I see it...it is a shame that my people cry racism before they have all of the facts. Too many of you people are subjective when you should be objective. Of course we have seen the innocent pictures of little trayvon, but they are not showing the most current pics of 6'3" trayvon, nor are they telling the public about the drug ties trayvon had.
B/c it's irrelevant to the case, unless Zimmerman was a rival drug lord. This is assuming that Martin actually had "drug ties", despite not having a criminal record of any kind.
Of course there was more to the story...it is not circumstantial when a totally objective witness that has nothing to gain comes forth and confirms this was self defense for the accused.
People lie for their neighbors/friends all of the time, it's called unethical loyalty, we're American, we built this country from that.
All of the folks that immediately jumped on the racist bandwagon should be ashamed. Even our president should be ashamed....he is trying to use the sympathy for his upcoming election.
Why is it that no matter what the president does, it's wrong, even when oppositional party members do the same thing? If he hadn't said anything, you'd be complaining about that. SMH, spectators.
Being a proud black man I thank God that I am able to think for myself and not have to be led to pasture by the so-called shepherds that cry racism following an unfortunate event.
It's not just black people noticing the racial element of the crime, every one with a brain notices that. I'm not black, and I still notice it. And bringing up irrelevant tidbits about the victim, which so far are completely untrue, don't even defend your position.
President Obama should not have weighed in on this incident and definately should not have made it personal....
Do you have kids? Every parent in America, regardless of race, dreads the day that their child is killed. Obama is the president, but he's also a proud parent that loves his two daughters. Even Romney said that he would never want to bury his grandchildren.
I'm sorry if you people cannot see behind the mask but as for me I have lost any respect I had for Obama.
Ok, fine, but leave the political protest for another occasion, this has nothing to go with the President, it's about Martin, Zimmerman, and the state of Florida.
Ttt

Bronx, NY

#1487 Mar 31, 2012
Bomb Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>He was told that and he didnt continue to follow him.That trouble maker Trevon Martin followed him back to his car and started shit and got what he deserved.You wont hear that kind of thing on those liberal T.V. stations like cnn because they tend to edit things out that make minorities look all sweat and innocent,just like Rodney King video tapes.Zimmerman was a head of the neighborhood watch so hid did have the right to
follow whoever did look suspicious.That
neighborhood had dozens of recent crimes and
they were commited by all blacks.If the truth
hurts,oh well.
Neighborhood watch is to assist the police period not take the place of the police. Police would have used other measures first before killing someone.
Ttt

Bronx, NY

#1488 Mar 31, 2012
Bomb Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>He was told that and he didnt continue to follow him.That trouble maker Trevon Martin followed him back to his car and started shit and got what he deserved.You wont hear that kind of thing on those liberal T.V. stations like cnn because they tend to edit things out that make minorities look all sweat and innocent,just like Rodney King video tapes.Zimmerman was a head of the neighborhood watch so hid did have the right to
follow whoever did look suspicious.That
neighborhood had dozens of recent crimes and
they were commited by all blacks.If the truth
hurts,oh well.
News flash Rodney King was paid dearly for every blow he was given by the police in the end :o)
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#1489 Mar 31, 2012
Big Bone Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
You are your own best enemy. These type rants that breakdown line-by-line are a great indications you:
And now, Big Bone'd will hang himself by once again making assumptions, that he can't prove, about an anonymous person; while I will once again refute them and end by making fun of him...again.
1) unemployed,
I'm a sociology grad student at Indiana University.
2) collect food stamps,
I shop at organic food grocers with cash and give to charity.
3) voted for obama,
Like everyone else my age, and/or with a brain.
4) can't comprehend beyond simple sentences,
You say that about everyone that pisses you off, and if it is true, then why have you continued to reply to my posts for the last 2 weeks? That's stupid.
5) are typical of northern supremacy mentality,
I'm from California.
6) divert blame to others,
...for what they do, while proving my arguments with evidence and facts.
7) suffer from multiple mental disorders,
Another default insult for your opponents.
8) expect your word to be final,
No more or less than you.
9) are likely a pedophile,
Says the guy from "Florida".
10) anti-American
You're the Taliban supporter, I have done nothing but defend the U.S. government. SMH, desperate for attacks aren't you?
11) an idiot.
Someone's getting angry again...take a lap and cool off LMAO.
Now, I'm done with you.
You give up, smart boy. You've been, ah-say, you've been much fun. ; )
Bomb Mexico

Paso Robles, CA

#1490 Mar 31, 2012
Ttt wrote:
<quoted text>
Neighborhood watch is to assist the police period not take the place of the police. Police would have used other measures first before killing someone.
Says who,you? Neighborhood watch is just that.Watch and observe to fight against criminals.Nobody ever said Zimmerman was trying to take the place of the police.He observed somebody who obviously looked suspicious and T.Martin obviously had something to hide because thats why he bacame so offensive because he was being watched.Why was he even in that neighborhood when he didnt even live there?Every person who was a witness including a black woman said there was a scuffle and it was self defense and Florida has self defense laws which Zimmerman was within that law.Trevon Martin was a known troublemaker and Zimmerman was licensed to carry a weapon.One shot was obviously self defense.If it were 2,3,or 4 shots,then it would seem a little bit more suspicious.
Ted Ned

Bloomington, IN

#1491 Mar 31, 2012
george wrote:
<quoted text>
Sanford???? don't you mean to thank Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, the moneyhungry Martin lawyers, Spike Lee, the New black panthers,the main stream media, and the list goes on and on who created the mob mentality thoughout our country, everyone of them are scum bags, lower than whale shit.
I disagree with the "whale sh*t" reference, and including the president on the scum list, given the fact that he spoke as a parent and the national leader, he didn't have a choice to avoid the subject.
capitlizing off the tragic death of a young man for personel gain. disgusting is what it is.
Yea, that sucks, especially CNN and Fox, broadcasting a fleet of specials, capitalizing from fear and anger. SMH, sad.
This entire case was deceptive from the very beggining, finally the "fact" that the pictures that were given to the media by Martins lawyers are decieving of who Martin and Zimmermen were, they were meant to miss lead the public in thinking a con mad man shot down an innocent 12 year old looking child,
Well, you have to ask yourself, why does a husky adult male, like one that you'd see at a pub, need to use a gun on a minor, as opposed to a less lethal weapon?
they lied from the very beggining, everything they say from then on is deception.
Take it easy, don't be irrational. Just listen to BBC, read NY Times, etc, stop relying on cable news, they always lie. Just look at their political coverage, terrible.
go to msn, they are finally reporting the pictures were extremely decieving and wrong, and are finally questioning why they would resort to this level of deception.,
MSN? All they are doing is what CNN is doing, just spinning it on the opposite side. Neither is fair and balanced coverage.
Holmes

Somerset, KY

#1492 Mar 31, 2012
Boy those black leaders want old Zimmerman thrown in jail real bad!!!, Want him thrown in jail into the jail general population, That's bad ain't it?, I mean if Zimmerman killed Travon even on purpose I dont think even him should be subjected to that kind of punishment!!!.

“Liberals are Ruining America”

Since: May 11

District of Columbia

#1493 Mar 31, 2012
calm down wrote:
MSNBC commentators and others who rush to judgment on the Travon Martin case should be required to read the Oxbow Incident.
They cower under the First Amendment of The Constitution.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#1494 Mar 31, 2012
Kermudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say something bad about where you live, but I've never even heard of OK, must be some corn planting place.
==========

Noodling and Mud Cat capitol. Diving into dirty water and putting their hands in mouth of Catfish.

75% of Okies don't have a college degree.
jfzzzzz

Texarkana, TX

#1495 Mar 31, 2012
im very sorry for loss of this innocent child but im so sick of the racist crapppp why does everyone always think it has to do with color !!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#1496 Mar 31, 2012
Hands are Deadly too wrote:
Wake up people! Hands can be used to kill also.
We also need to thank Sanford for creating a mob mentality throughout our country.
==========

Hands are not considered deadly weapons unless they belong to a professional boxer or person skilled in martial arts.

Location hidden

#1497 Mar 31, 2012
jfzzzzz wrote:
im very sorry for loss of this innocent child but im so sick of the racist crapppp why does everyone always think it has to do with color !!!!!!!!
Right, it is just a wrongful killing no matter what color.
Ttt

Bronx, NY

#1499 Mar 31, 2012
Bomb Mexico wrote:
<quoted text>Says who,you? Neighborhood watch is just that.Watch and observe to fight against criminals.Nobody ever said Zimmerman was trying to take the place of the police.He observed somebody who obviously looked suspicious and T.Martin obviously had something to hide because thats why he bacame so offensive because he was being watched.Why was he even in that neighborhood when he didnt even live there?
Every person who was a witness including a
black woman said there was a scuffle and it was
self defense and Florida has self defense laws
which Zimmerman was within that law.Trevon
Martin was a known troublemaker and
Zimmerman was licensed to carry a weapon.One
shot was obviously self defense.If it were 2,3,or
4 shots,then it would seem a little bit more
suspicious.
T. Martin's stepmother and father live in that neighborhood...he had the right to walk home without being shot...not sure if you realized that... He wasn't in the neighborhood for no reason. He was in route to his father's home.
TRUTH

Bowling Green, KY

#1500 Mar 31, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Hey kkkraker,You all upset,lol.don't go get your panties all bunched up you european lice infested beast.Let us(meaning YOU WHITE PEOPLE)..You're a babaric,uncivilized devil that canNOT BE REFORMED,And ANYTHING that cannot be reformed is not repropucing!Anything thats not reproducing dies!Or,in the process of the deathing process,like you would a wounded puppy or horse,or,Old RACISTS IN YOUR CASE,"You KILL them and put them out of their misery"!Understand it now.Of course you do beast.Now you go back to pray to that weak,pale,blue eyed,dog haired jesus of yours that you devils,for once in history,do the rihjt thing..Thats what many hope for,I on the other hand,know you will NOT.I think theat the slaughter of ALL YOU WICKED BEAST should have started YESTERDAY,But we await the order of our Army,THE NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY,,And when they sound the alarm kkkraker,,KNOW AND BELIEVE,,THERE WON'T BE A ROCK ANYWHERE IN AMERIKKKA THAT ANY OF YOUR RACE CAN HIDE UNDER,We will slaughter you and your babies WHEREEVER WE FIND YOU! Hows that for your VOcabulary cavedwelling,canabolist,hoardi ng,hillhonkie!LMAO!!!
The joke is always going to be on you REtard,,"well,,not ALways,cause you won't be here much longer.LOL!
http://youtu.be/eLiJ4k5QPNs
They need to round people like this racist piece of trash, dig a trench, arrest them, tie them up, and push dirt over their living bodies.

People like this are part of the problem--not the solution.
rebel girl

Brooksville, FL

#1501 Mar 31, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. Hey kkkraker,You all upset,lol.don't go get your panties all bunched up you european lice infested beast.Let us(meaning YOU WHITE PEOPLE)..You're a babaric,uncivilized devil that canNOT BE REFORMED,And ANYTHING that cannot be reformed is not repropucing!Anything thats not reproducing dies!Or,in the process of the deathing process,like you would a wounded puppy or horse,or,Old RACISTS IN YOUR CASE,"You KILL them and put them out of their misery"!Understand it now.Of course you do beast.Now you go back to pray to that weak,pale,blue eyed,dog haired jesus of yours that you devils,for once in history,do the rihjt thing..Thats what many hope for,I on the other hand,know you will NOT.I think theat the slaughter of ALL YOU WICKED BEAST should have started YESTERDAY,But we await the order of our Army,THE NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY,,And when they sound the alarm kkkraker,,KNOW AND BELIEVE,,THERE WON'T BE A ROCK ANYWHERE IN AMERIKKKA THAT ANY OF YOUR RACE CAN HIDE UNDER,We will slaughter you and your babies WHEREEVER WE FIND YOU! Hows that for your VOcabulary cavedwelling,canabolist,hoardi ng,hillhonkie!LMAO!!!
The joke is always going to be on you REtard,,"well,,not ALways,cause you won't be here much longer.LOL!
the new black panthers army?how many are there?i counted 3 on tv.
rebel girl

Brooksville, FL

#1502 Mar 31, 2012
truth wrote:
do not click the links of this coon.it could be a virus.
TRUTH

Bowling Green, KY

#1503 Mar 31, 2012
This case could have been motivated by race on some level though I doubt it.

The indisputable fact is that the racist blacks have shown their true racist ways through this (making assumptions about the case, rallying without good reason, making television appearances spewing hate, bounties being offered for an innocent-until-proven-guilty man, etc.).

This is a problem.

There is a sector of blacks out there full of hatred and that are extremely racist.

This same group of people believe that blacks can't be racists. That idea is ridiculous and is indicative of an even deeper seated ignorance.

The public education system should teach the definition of racism and that is unacceptable by any group, race, or ethnicity.
TRUTH

Bowling Green, KY

#1504 Mar 31, 2012
I don't remember any widespread calling for the extermination of black people during the Simpson trial in the 90s.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ttt

Bronx, NY

#1505 Mar 31, 2012
rebel girl wrote:
<quoted text>do not click the links of this coon.it could be a virus.
Why would you use that word?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All us blacks should go back to Africa (Jul '13) Wed Jim Dog 214
Strip club manager, bouncers charged with beati... Oct 18 Justin 1
Review: Abbey's Housekeeping Personnel (Jul '09) Oct 8 meme 25
Review: Sanford Bail Bonds Oct 7 Gerardo 1
The jury in Michael Dunn's "loud music" murder ... (Feb '14) Oct 2 RuffnReddy 3
America full of racists idiots (Jul '13) Sep 29 neveratfault 62
Police: Zimmerman accused of threatening driver Sep 26 Jesus Brother 4
Sanford Dating
Find my Match

Sanford Jobs