First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WHAT IS HAPPENING

Millersview, TX

#1 Feb 14, 2008
Has anyone heard that the new city manager is saying that he is going to stop the Pedler's Day at the courthouse and that the people selling food in the courthouse parking lot and that he ran the people off that sell shoes on the parking lot at the high school on week-ends? What's up with all that? What right does he have?
me too

Millersview, TX

#2 Feb 16, 2008
WHAT IS HAPPENING wrote:
Has anyone heard that the new city manager is saying that he is going to stop the Pedler's Day at the courthouse and that the people selling food in the courthouse parking lot and that he ran the people off that sell shoes on the parking lot at the high school on week-ends? What's up with all that? What right does he have?
I heard the same thing. Who is this man to come into our town and tell us we can or can't do something? I heard he said nothing would be allowed here if it was going to bring in people that drink. Is he going to say we can't have the yearly cookoff too? San Saba citizen better unite now! Attend city meetings, etc.
all wrong

Goldthwaite, TX

#3 Feb 16, 2008
You need to listen to his weekly address on the radio...Monday mornings. He has talked about the permits they are supposed to have....and he is only running off the ones that are not abiding by the city ordernance that is already in place. No one before has wanted to enforce it. He specificly said that the courthouse is FOR the local merchants that bring in their goods to sell. This goes back centuries...he is FOR that...NOT for the guys from Belton, etc. pawning off their goods here. They do not pay local sales tax and only take money from our local economy. The city manager is doing a fantastic job....if you would get your facts straight I bet you would agree....Listen to KBAL on Monday mornings around 7 or 7:30 and go to your city council meetings!
well okay

Millersview, TX

#4 Feb 17, 2008
all wrong wrote:
You need to listen to his weekly address on the radio...Monday mornings. He has talked about the permits they are supposed to have....and he is only running off the ones that are not abiding by the city ordernance that is already in place. No one before has wanted to enforce it. He specificly said that the courthouse is FOR the local merchants that bring in their goods to sell. This goes back centuries...he is FOR that...NOT for the guys from Belton, etc. pawning off their goods here. They do not pay local sales tax and only take money from our local economy. The city manager is doing a fantastic job....if you would get your facts straight I bet you would agree....Listen to KBAL on Monday mornings around 7 or 7:30 and go to your city council meetings!
Got a little nasty didn't you? I only asked a question to get clarification of a rumor I had heard. I guess you answered it but you got a little testy about it. Whatever.

You may think that people coming in from out of town is a bad thing BUT there sure are lots of people going down to the courthouse and and letting them "pawn" their wares off on them. Seems NOT everyone in SS is against it. If they were those people wouldn't waste their time and money to come here and set up.

What about the people FROM SS that were down there selling tamales and got run off? Is it ONLY certain people who are allowed?

I will listen to him on the radio.
JUST WONDERING

San Saba, TX

#5 Feb 17, 2008
DONT KNOW OF ANYONE LOCAL THAT HAS BEEN RUN OFF. MAYBE NEED TO CHECK YOUR FACTS. DID SEE BROWN RUN OFF SOME SPANISH FOLKS SELLING 4 WHEELERS THOUGH. THINK THEY WERE FORM OUT OF TOWN, BUT YOU KNOW BROWN.
yeah I do

Millersview, TX

#6 Feb 18, 2008
JUST WONDERING wrote:
DONT KNOW OF ANYONE LOCAL THAT HAS BEEN RUN OFF. MAYBE NEED TO CHECK YOUR FACTS. DID SEE BROWN RUN OFF SOME SPANISH FOLKS SELLING 4 WHEELERS THOUGH. THINK THEY WERE FORM OUT OF TOWN, BUT YOU KNOW BROWN.
Yeah, I do know Brown. I'm sure if he sent some Mexicans packing, it was for a good reason.

I didn't see first hand the locals who were run off the square but the person who told me was there.

VOTE FOR BROWN AND CLEAN UP THIS TOWN
returning the favor

Early, TX

#7 Feb 18, 2008
PLEASE: ACCEPT AND MOVE ON: So the NEW city manager is wanting to clean up especially go by the books. Isn't this what we are all wanting? Let the NEW CITY MANAGER ENFORCE THE LAW AND DO HIS JOB. AT least and hopefully he does not become a crook like the last one and like some of these cops we have in our town. Now wait a minute before you jump the gun. Don't start crying because someone is coming down on one of your favorites (BROWN). Brown has done some stuff in our town that I am not too proud of and I do hope that the "IDIOT" will now no not to do things in front of the NEW CITY MANAGER or HEAR SOME OF THE THINGS that this so called "Cop" is very SHADY.
NUCKLEHEAD

San Saba, TX

#8 Feb 18, 2008
GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT! BROWN DID NOT GET IN TO TROUBLE WITH THE CITY MANAGER FOR DOING HIS JOB. FACT NUMBER TWO. MOST LIKE THE NEW CITY MANAGER AND FACT NUMBER THREE, IF YOU DONT LIVE HERE THEN STAY OUT OF OUR BUSINESS. IF YOU THINK THE COPS ARE SO CROOKED THEN WALK UP TO THEM AND TELL THEM. ITS STUPID PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE THE BUS LATE!

Since: Dec 07

Millersview, TX

#9 Feb 18, 2008
returning the favor wrote:
PLEASE: ACCEPT AND MOVE ON: So the NEW city manager is wanting to clean up especially go by the books. Isn't this what we are all wanting? Let the NEW CITY MANAGER ENFORCE THE LAW AND DO HIS JOB. AT least and hopefully he does not become a crook like the last one and like some of these cops we have in our town. Now wait a minute before you jump the gun. Don't start crying because someone is coming down on one of your favorites (BROWN). Brown has done some stuff in our town that I am not too proud of and I do hope that the "IDIOT" will now no not to do things in front of the NEW CITY MANAGER or HEAR SOME OF THE THINGS that this so called "Cop" is very SHADY.
Previous manager WAS NOT a crook. I didn't say anything dirogatory about the new manager.... I was asking questions.... Don't like it? Tough S.
That's what these forums are for.
may be

Millersview, TX

#10 Feb 18, 2008
NUCKLEHEAD wrote:
GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT! BROWN DID NOT GET IN TO TROUBLE WITH THE CITY MANAGER FOR DOING HIS JOB. FACT NUMBER TWO. MOST LIKE THE NEW CITY MANAGER AND FACT NUMBER THREE, IF YOU DONT LIVE HERE THEN STAY OUT OF OUR BUSINESS. IF YOU THINK THE COPS ARE SO CROOKED THEN WALK UP TO THEM AND TELL THEM. ITS STUPID PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE THE BUS LATE!
Brown has done more good for this town than most of them put together. I don't know why either city manager would have a problem with him. He is trying to get drugs OUT of here. Let him do his job.

Vote for Brown to Clean Up This Town
Mongo

San Saba, TX

#11 Feb 19, 2008
how does this work?
TAKEN OVER

Millersview, TX

#12 Feb 20, 2008
WELL FIRST OF ALL INSTEAD OF PAYING THAT INCREASE AT THE DUMP GROUND WE CAN ALL JUST START DUMPIN OUR TRASH ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD THAT'LL TEACH EM TO JUMP UP THE PRICES HE MAY JUST BE AS BAD AS OLD JOE
TAKEN OVER

Millersview, TX

#13 Feb 20, 2008
THATS CRAZY JUMPIN UP THE PRICES AT THE DUMP GROUND JUST START JUMPIN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROADS OIL TIRES TRASH ALL OF IT AND I BET THEYLL THINK TWICE ALL OF US POOR FOLKS CANT PAY THAT PRICE WE USE TO BUT NOW ITS GOIN UP THEY CAN PICK IT UP THEMSELVES OFF THE ROAD
crazy

San Saba, TX

#14 Feb 20, 2008
That really is mature. Did you ever think what it cost to transport your trash to Brownwood? If you dont like what is charged here take it to Brownwood yourself. You seem to want to blame someone else for your short comings.
sure thing

San Saba, TX

#15 Feb 20, 2008
let the facts be told..the city manager is doing a great job in town....1st of all they ran the folks of the sq cause you have to have a permit plus be bonded..lets say you were to try riding on of those 4 wheelers and the bikes gear got stuck and you ran it into a building..then what could you do ???you would go after the guy that allowed you to ride it and if he was bonded you would be able to sue him..plus he also needs a city permit to set up here...go around and ask all the local shops and ask for there permit i bet they would show you one...i bought a pizza this tues from the pizza trailor that sets up at logans furniture store on the sq they had a city permit from the city..it takes money to make money....
just asking

Millersview, TX

#16 Feb 20, 2008
sure thing wrote:
let the facts be told..the city manager is doing a great job in town....1st of all they ran the folks of the sq cause you have to have a permit plus be bonded..lets say you were to try riding on of those 4 wheelers and the bikes gear got stuck and you ran it into a building..then what could you do ???you would go after the guy that allowed you to ride it and if he was bonded you would be able to sue him..plus he also needs a city permit to set up here...go around and ask all the local shops and ask for there permit i bet they would show you one...i bought a pizza this tues from the pizza trailor that sets up at logans furniture store on the sq they had a city permit from the city..it takes money to make money....
Okay. I wasn't talking about the 4-wheeler people. I was talking about hispanics who set up there and sell tamales. I also heard that he told the pizza trailer people they couldn't set up anymore either. I am just trying to get info, not hurt anyone.
crazy

San Saba, TX

#17 Feb 20, 2008
just asking wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. I wasn't talking about the 4-wheeler people. I was talking about hispanics who set up there and sell tamales. I also heard that he told the pizza trailer people they couldn't set up anymore either. I am just trying to get info, not hurt anyone.
Why dont you just call him at the office and ask what is going on? I have been told he will meet with any of us. He sits down with you and answers your quetions. Does not always give people the answer they want but he pretty much tells it the way it is.
Mother Earth

San Saba, TX

#18 Feb 20, 2008
TAKEN OVER wrote:
THATS CRAZY JUMPIN UP THE PRICES AT THE DUMP GROUND JUST START JUMPIN ON THE SIDE OF THE ROADS OIL TIRES TRASH ALL OF IT AND I BET THEYLL THINK TWICE ALL OF US POOR FOLKS CANT PAY THAT PRICE WE USE TO BUT NOW ITS GOIN UP THEY CAN PICK IT UP THEMSELVES OFF THE ROAD
Now why would you trash me like that? You must not live in town because thet all have trash service. The dump as you call it is for the people of the City of San Saba, not for the ones that live in the county. I am going to send you some cheese to go with that whine of yours. You must be Rose.
sure thing

San Saba, TX

#19 Feb 21, 2008
hispanices or white folks or brothers must have a permit to sell food ....or junk on the sq..its a city law...plus its a state law you must have a 3 way part sink to was your hands if you are selling food..just ask the pizza lady...and i spoke to here and the city did check to see if she was up to date which she was.she only has to park on the side of logans furniture and not in the front...oh by the way her pizza is great.....there are some folks that try to be legal and pay taxes....ask the tamale lady if she paids any taxes (sales tax)to our wonderful state of texas...i'll place a bet with you, she didnt...also its not hard to get a permit ...maybe she didnt want to get one cause it would cut into here food stamps
just asking

Millersview, TX

#20 Feb 21, 2008
sure thing wrote:
hispanices or white folks or brothers must have a permit to sell food ....or junk on the sq..its a city law...plus its a state law you must have a 3 way part sink to was your hands if you are selling food..just ask the pizza lady...and i spoke to here and the city did check to see if she was up to date which she was.she only has to park on the side of logans furniture and not in the front...oh by the way her pizza is great.....there are some folks that try to be legal and pay taxes....ask the tamale lady if she paids any taxes (sales tax)to our wonderful state of texas...i'll place a bet with you, she didnt...also its not hard to get a permit ...maybe she didnt want to get one cause it would cut into here food stamps
Sounds plausable to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Saba Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr fubar 18,757
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr fubar 22,749
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 6 hr Fossilfarts 806
Alicia Gonzales/Perez/Salinas??? 8 hr abc 16
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 9 hr Fossilfarts 595
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 9 hr Fossilfarts 691
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) 14 hr Gasman 379

San Saba Jobs

San Saba People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

San Saba News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in San Saba

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]