17-year-old homicide victim from San Leandro identified

Dec 30, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Inside Bay Area

A 17-year-old San Leandro boy who died after being shot in the 4500 block of Bancroft Avenue in Oakland shortly before 4:15 a.m. Saturday has been identified as Gerald Catalan, Oakland police spokesman Jeff ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of128
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Dr Robert Branson

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

Meanwhile that cultural rot called "hip hop" continues to glorify these gangsta punks as it condones every uncivil and criminal act up to and including murder. Great message for impressionable young people eh? Anybody really surprised by the continuing carnage? Not me!
RIP GERALD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

Judged:

It is very sad that ignorance can come from people especially those who pass judgment.
Dr Robert Branson

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2009

Judged:

RIP GERALD wrote:
It is very sad that ignorance can come from people especially those who pass judgment.
What kind of an idiotic comment is that? Who is passing judgement?
S Kohl

San Leandro, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Judged:

Gerald was a student of mine several years ago. I would like to extend condolences to his family and friends during this difficult time. God Bless.
Amanda

Half Moon Bay, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2009

Gerald was a very humorus person. He looked at the brighter side of life. He will and already is greatly loved and missed.
IDIOT

Santa Clara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Dr Robert Branson wrote:
Meanwhile that cultural rot called "hip hop" continues to glorify these gangsta punks as it condones every uncivil and criminal act up to and including murder. Great message for impressionable young people eh? Anybody really surprised by the continuing carnage? Not me!
<bR> how does this relate?
Carl Finney

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

Judged:

IDIOT wrote:
<quoted text> <bR> how does this relate?
If you can't figure that out I would suggest you go back to school for a bit!
Liam

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2009

I knew that kid...
Frank-NINO- 9400

Fremont, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

man he didn't deserve that nobody does he was so bright and such a cool friend of mine. met him throught white boy his cousin. i don't know why they shot him i really don't. if anything they wanted somebody else... my girl remembers him from middle schoool when he used to wear glasses but tried to look bad on em.. he was just a cool guy.. one time we was drinking and i started arguing with like 4 guys and we started fighting and i was giving it to everybody it was only me agasinst 4 and he was the only one that helped me get them off my back. RIP SNOOPY!!!! Look out for us from heaven BRO.
Isabella

Mountain View, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2009

Rest in peace pewee you will be loved and missed.
DEATH

Alameda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2009

Judged:

Dr Robert Branson wrote:
Yes, these people, these so-called Gangsters, are simply misguided wannabes. But, it is not just Gangster Rap or Hip Hop. Nope. America, and the world has a long tradition of ignorant wannabes doing this exact same crap. Look at the Catholic Church.
The real problem is that people should not be allowed to have children, because they teach their children to act like wannabe gangsters and Catholics, and police, and every other traditional corrupted social role.
Gangsters, the police, the church, the government, it is all just a tradition of evil bigots. If you support these structures, you should just shut up and take it.
Dr Robert Branson

Berkeley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2009

Judged:

DEATH wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, these people, these so-called Gangsters, are simply misguided wannabes. But, it is not just Gangster Rap or Hip Hop. Nope. America, and the world has a long tradition of ignorant wannabes doing this exact same crap. Look at the Catholic Church.
The real problem is that people should not be allowed to have children, because they teach their children to act like wannabe gangsters and Catholics, and police, and every other traditional corrupted social role.
Gangsters, the police, the church, the government, it is all just a tradition of evil bigots. If you support these structures, you should just shut up and take it.
Well that was the wackiest post in this thread yet! Excuse me...I have another urgent appointment...back on Planet Earth! LOL
hrrdhs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2009

dghd
Island_Mango

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2009

I would like to know if anyone knew "Snoopy" from the 9400 boyz (Oakland, CA)???? Or if anyone know Javier????
S Kohl wrote:
Gerald was a student of mine several years ago. I would like to extend condolences to his family and friends during this difficult time. God Bless.
jessica

Bristow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2009

Judged:

he was hot rip snoopy
vSL DAVIS STREET LOCS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

VARRIO $AN LEANDRO DAVi$ $TREET NORTE 187 ON A PUNK bK bKITCH N A $CRAP
Vladamir Korstanki

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2009

vSL DAVIS STREET LOCS wrote:
VARRIO $AN LEANDRO DAVi$$TREET NORTE 187 ON A PUNK bK bKITCH N A $CRAP
Okay who let the greaseball in?
JohhnyO

Redwood City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Was this guy in a gang?
rip snoopy

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2009

I knew snoopy and javier. basically all of them. good kids crying out for help. look at whats brought to them? nothing but bad all around. parents try to do their best but its out of their control
tuc

Dunaújváros, Hungary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2010

R.I.P. Snoopy...9400

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of128
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent San Lorenzo Discussions

Search the San Lorenzo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr White black supremacy 17,690
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr BleedOheart 199,071
Oakland 2014 Murder Rate. 10 hr Oaklander 35
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 13 hr Bag itts 4,551
Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) 14 hr psycho 16,635
Oakland considers naming-rights deals for parks 21 hr Amused 1
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 22 hr lug heads 7,298
•••
•••

San Lorenzo News Video

•••
San Lorenzo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

San Lorenzo Jobs