La Mirada doctor charged with sexual battery

Mar 27, 2010 Full story: Whittier Daily News 53

A local obstetrician gynecologist is accused of unlawfully touching four women patients during medical exams, authorities said Friday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LM Parent

United States

#1 Mar 27, 2010
I can't imagine how hard it is to prosecute a guy like this. I mean its not like he's a dentist and asks women to take off their panties for a root canal. The guy is a gyno doc and most of the time women have to let him inspect their special area. If he was masturbating during the inspection or massaging their breast while his fingers were in the vagina I'd see where we have a problem.

Maybe the women can chime in and educate us men on how a doctor could commit sexual battery when its his job to be in those places.

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not defending him. I'm just ignorant to the process.
Next question

Irvine, CA

#2 Mar 27, 2010
If she decides to complain because she needs a new car or can't make her mortgate payment, then its battery. Otherwise, it's just a physical examination.
fingers

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Mar 27, 2010
the guy is in his sixties im sure that he has seen alot of vejayjays is his lifetime. these must have been very special women to make him act like a perve ,maybe its time for a career change.try ,melon tester at the local grocery store.
kittys56

Camarillo, CA

#4 Mar 27, 2010
He will be found innocent and these females will have to find another way to "get rich quick."
Sadly, it will be at the cost of his career.
parent

Whittier, CA

#5 Mar 27, 2010
you don't know what he did. I was one of his patients until recently. The way he touched me and told me I had a nice body and if my sister were as pretty as me made me feel so unconfortable. I never went back.
took it and ran

Hyde Park, PA

#6 Mar 27, 2010
parent wrote:
you don't know what he did. I was one of his patients until recently. The way he touched me and told me I had a nice body and if my sister were as pretty as me made me feel so unconfortable. I never went back.
So the question is, why didn't you do anything about the situation? Or if you did what was the outcome? If this is the way he talked to you and touched you then you should come forward. Who cares if it was along time ago!!! This is why he still practiced because no one probably ever came forward....This needs to stop and he needs to face criminal charges. I hope he has his day in jail where someone will touch him....like he touched many...
LM Gal

Whittier, CA

#7 Mar 27, 2010
took it and ran wrote:
<quoted text>
So the question is, why didn't you do anything about the situation? Or if you did what was the outcome? If this is the way he talked to you and touched you then you should come forward. Who cares if it was along time ago!!! This is why he still practiced because no one probably ever came forward....This needs to stop and he needs to face criminal charges. I hope he has his day in jail where someone will touch him....like he touched many...
You know it's ignorant statements like this one, from people who don't have any actual information about the case that cause the most damage, both professionally and personally! If you have something intelligent or insightful to say, then please by all means air your views...otherwise if all you have to contribute is hateful ugly comments about a person you've never met then please keep them to yourself! I for one have met Dr. Vouis and know that he IS a good man. He WILL get his day in court. And he WILL prove his innocence.
riches to rags

Hyde Park, PA

#8 Mar 28, 2010
LM Gal wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it's ignorant statements like this one, from people who don't have any actual information about the case that cause the most damage, both professionally and personally! If you have something intelligent or insightful to say, then please by all means air your views...otherwise if all you have to contribute is hateful ugly comments about a person you've never met then please keep them to yourself! I for one have met Dr. Vouis and know that he IS a good man. He WILL get his day in court. And he WILL prove his innocence.
No one is being hateful or ignorant...by all means if he did do bad things to these women or girls then he has to pay...You must be a family member or friend trying to defend him, that is fine...but keep in mind the truth will reveal itself....No one knows for sure what he did...Only the ones who felt uncomfortable by his voice and hands... keep in mind no one is being ugly, hateful, or ignorant....just commenting on a persons encounter with this doctor....once again if he did cause harm in any way, shape, or form he deserves to pay with time in jail...so he can get a taste of his own medicine....
Innocent until PROVEN

Irvine, CA

#9 Mar 28, 2010
America has lost the concept of innocent until PROVEN guilty.
Anyone can file for anything in this country. Doesn't mean you'll win but you can fill out the paperwork and get a case against someone started that easy. Next you drag them through the media so you look like you have a case. Then you retain a tricky lawyer who makes up a case and if you can put it over on 12 products of a failed public education system: ching ching that's money in the bank.
Innocent until PROVEN

Irvine, CA

#10 Mar 28, 2010
No wonder everyone wants to come here.
parent

Whittier, CA

#12 Mar 28, 2010
Innocent until PROVEN wrote:
No wonder everyone wants to come here.
Thank you. I changed doctors because I didn't want to go back to him. He delivered my baby 14 years ago and then he was very proffesional and respectful. But the last time his uncalled comments and the way he touched me changed my opion on him. I don't need help with my car payments of my mortgage, I earn good money and so does my husband. But if he had no respect with his patient and proffesionalism and honor the oath he took when he became OB/GYN then he must be stop and punish.
Pissed

Whittier, CA

#13 Mar 28, 2010
Dear whittier daily news.......I HATE your stupid side pop ups on your website......thanks for annoying me, i will no longer visit your website. you Phu Kan sell outs!!!!!!!
Ughhhhhhhh

Sun Valley, CA

#14 Mar 29, 2010
parent wrote:
What you're talking about is not against the law. Sounds like he was trying to put you at ease but you're too up tight, I think it's in your head.
Biker4Life

Whittier, CA

#15 Mar 29, 2010
took it and ran wrote:
<quoted text>
LOLOLOLOLOL Tell another one before that gets cold man.
CHIVAS

Downey, CA

#16 Mar 29, 2010
I hope he gets what he deserve.
baller4life

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Mar 30, 2010
maybe these women were willing participants and tried getting material things from the doctor and when he refused they concocked this alleged story, anyone think of that, u know all basis have to be thought of and covered

“BudH- Clinton Harris same one.”

Since: Dec 07

La Mirada,Ca.

#18 Mar 30, 2010
Opinions are like "special areas". Every one has one.
opie

Garden Grove, CA

#19 Mar 30, 2010
Sounds like another cochino dr. to me. Sounds like he was trying to massage that special area.
The Day is New

Irvine, CA

#20 Mar 30, 2010
Ughhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>What you're talking about is not against the law. Sounds like he was trying to put you at ease but you're too up tight, I think it's in your head.
No doubt its swimming around in there merging with about 1,000 episodes of one soap oprea or another.

And a pillar of the community gets a perfectly good reputation muddied...

“BudH- Clinton Harris same one.”

Since: Dec 07

La Mirada,Ca.

#21 Mar 30, 2010
opie wrote:
Sounds like another cochino dr. to me. Sounds like he was trying to massage that special area.
You should not be saying that. Now all the woman will be wanting to see him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Gabriel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Humboldt's homeless examine options for winter ... (Feb '09) 23 min ariel thompson 122
When is Pacheco Getting a REAL JOB 1 hr priest 6
Garcia snd Pacheco Don't Care about Community F... 1 hr spy at parks and ... 2
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin Nation 28,403
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 7 hr El Modelos Maxim 2,435
Teens left Westside park when gang members show... (Apr '10) Sat homeless person 430
Gang related shooting leaves West Valinda man dead (Jul '09) Dec 18 Killamunati 257

Beach Hazards Statement for Los Angeles County was issued at December 21 at 5:47PM PST

San Gabriel News Video

San Gabriel Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

San Gabriel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

San Gabriel News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in San Gabriel

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 pm PST