Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments (Page 6,365)

Showing posts 127,281 - 127,300 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
All firm of sex is risky so...
Learn the difference between risky and harmful.

You need to start paying me for your education...
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
I just will nor allow you to change the meaning of the word marriage.........LOL
There is NOTHING you can do about it, you crazy fool.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised you are confused. You stated simple, well known distinctions between genders. Those distinctions don't stop in a marriage or gay union. They profoundly define them.
Expanding your example, marriage has the diversity of uniting 'Mars and Venus'. Not trying to be crude, but rather further expand distinctions, male gay unions are the redundancy of joining Uranus and Uranus. That makes marriage quite a challenging feat, while gay unions are pointless, if not harmful.
<quoted text>
No, your response is pointless and stupid. Really.
Lap Dancer wrote:
<quoted text>must suck being an ignorant bigot... but you manage it well
I consider the source of criticism 'lap dancer'...

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you support equal right then you should let gays share the word marriage,I smell hypocrite.
I also support equal rights for blacks but I would also fight them if they were as stupid as you and tried to change the meaning of the word white.....

But they are not that stupid..........ROTFLMAO

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see if I can help you out.
The 14th Amendment mandates that state's provide all persons within their jurisdiction equal protection of the laws.
Is marriage a protection of the law, yes or no?
Are homosexuals persons, yes or no?
The US Supreme court has held that even constitutional right may be infringed if doing so serves a compelling state interest. Thus far you have indicated no such interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that same sex couples are constitutionally entitled to equal protection of the law, which would include the right to marry.
<quoted text>
Why? If the shoe fits...
You have no legitimate basis of identity, but at least you agree it would take a drastic dumb down!

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Nettiebelle wrote:
<quoted text>The 14th Amendment verifies for us that marriage is a fundamental right.
For any man to marry any woman........

It says nothing about perverts that want to marry a dog or a car nor a person of the same sex......

But if needed we will also change the federal constitution just like we changed 31 states constitution.....
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you support equal right then you should let gays share the word marriage,I smell hypocrite.
I smell Bill.

YUK!YUK!YUK!
Green Fairy

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn the difference between risky and harmful.
You need to start paying me for your education...
So you do know the difference to it's not straight people don't get STDs.
Green Fairy

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
I also support equal rights for blacks but I would also fight them if they were as stupid as you and tried to change the meaning of the word white.....
But they are not that stupid..........ROTFLMAO
You prove my point.
Green Fairy

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
It says nothing about perverts that want to marry a dog or a car nor a person of the same sex......
But if needed we will also change the federal constitution just like we changed 31 states constitution.....
So how that fair to gays? It is not.

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do know the difference to it's not straight people don't get STDs.
Anyone can catch a STD but gays just get them more frequently per capita and also abuse drugs and alcohol more frequently......

Many say it is because they know what they are doing is wrong that they turn to self distraction.....

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
You prove my point.
If your point is that you are a moron then I will agree with you.........LOL

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
So how that fair to gays? It is not.
There is nothing fair in life so just get over it......

How is allowing you to pervert the word marriage fair to straight people????

How is it fair to blacks that they are black and not white???

How id it fair to women that we don't call them men????

The problem is that the majority that were willing to support you in your equal rights have now changed their mind and voted to stop even civil unions for gays and straight..........
thisGuy

Killeen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Green Fairy wrote:
<quoted text>
NO

We will NEVER allow you pervs to change the definition of a sacred, religious, & ethical word just so you can rape our kids. If a piece of paper means so much to you, then write one yourself & take it to the State or NAMBLA where they'll gladly make your pseudo-marriage possible. I won't complain as long as you keep your pseudo-marriage out of the church. I see exactly what you gays are up to! And don't bring your perversion to the Church either, because we know what you gays will do---you will threaten the Church for disapproving your sick depraved "union" so you can sue them & you will try to make the government sue the church & force the church to cave-in to your perverted lifestyle., just so you can push your Gay Agenda down our throats. Your pseudo-marriage is nothing more than an sham & a attack on religious freedom & morality. And trust me...WE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN IF IT'S NECESSARY.

“Facts”

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
NO
We will NEVER allow you pervs to change the definition of a sacred, religious, & ethical word just so you can rape our kids. If a piece of paper means so much to you, then write one yourself & take it to the State or NAMBLA where they'll gladly make your pseudo-marriage possible. I won't complain as long as you keep your pseudo-marriage out of the church. I see exactly what you gays are up to! And don't bring your perversion to the Church either, because we know what you gays will do---you will threaten the Church for disapproving your sick depraved "union" so you can sue them & you will try to make the government sue the church & force the church to cave-in to your perverted lifestyle., just so you can push your Gay Agenda down our throats. Your pseudo-marriage is nothing more than an sham & a attack on religious freedom & morality. And trust me...WE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN IF IT'S NECESSARY.
100% correct..........
Green Fairy

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
If your point is that you are a moron then I will agree with you.........LOL
Game,Set and Match.I knew you're not going to acknowledge that I made a good point against you and I caught you in a lie.So better luck next time

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what it states.
A car? Please stop being foolish.
A dog? A dog cannot understand nor give consent.

Sorry, your 'we' will never change the Constitution.
Your dreams of a theocracy are doomed.
Green Fairy

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
NO
Church can choose who they want to marry,Gays just asking for government because there are churches that have no problem with gays.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

_Reality Speaks_ wrote:
Funny how polls gays presented showed huge support from Hispanics and blacks in California for gay marriage, but when the vote came down for the Prop 8 ban, more than 75% of all blacks voted for it and a similar percentage of Hispanics.
The actual exit poll for the number of both Hispanics and Blacks were much lower than the pandering of the 75% you claim. The real number was 58% of Blacks voted yes on Prop 8 and 56% of Hispanics voted yes on Prop 8......though both are high, neither voted over 60% on Prop 8.

As a Black person, I'd figure you'd have actually known that information!!!!!
Green Fairy

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2012

Judged:

Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing fair in life so just get over it......
How is allowing you to pervert the word marriage fair to straight people????
How is it fair to blacks that they are black and not white???
How id it fair to women that we don't call them men????
The problem is that the majority that were willing to support you in your equal rights have now changed their mind and voted to stop even civil unions for gays and straight..........
So why not civil unions for both gays and straights I don't see anything wrong with that but there are others who don't want gays to anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 127,281 - 127,300 of199,073
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Nestor Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Nestor People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance