Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,148

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#144884 Jun 8, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No moron, the "thought police" didn't declare it off topic, logic proved it to be off topic. Polygamy has as much to do with marriage equality as bestiality and incest do. Zip, nada, nil. But you fundies just love to keep throwing those words out as if they do. Just pisses you off to no end that you can't establish any cause/effect/correlation between the two totally seperate institutions.
<quoted text>
Yes, we do. You're attempt to paint gays as "selfish" is dismissed for the childish bullshyt it is, yet again.
But please, don't let that stop you from bringing it up again within the next few hours. Nothing helps demonstrate the sheer desperateness of your presence here! LOL!!
Exhibit "A" proves my point. I rest my case. YUK!YUK!YUK!
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

#144885 Jun 8, 2012
NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can have your belief and can force it onto others to accept....BUT NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE A DIFFERENT WAY???????
I have an idea....you live your lfie as you want and others live there lifes as they want and we all accept each other for who they are...YOU KNOW LIKE THE CONSTITUTION MEANS...
TYPICAL NAZI FASCIST CHRISTAIN..........
U MAD BRO?

I'm sorry but when was the last time Christians ever had a parade for being Christian? I know the answer: NEVER. They know it's a choice, but they keep it in the church like they're suppose to. So why is it you gays can't do the same with your buttsex, fisting, & 'watersports'...ROFL?

You Gays on the other hand feel a need to let everyone know about what you do in your bedrooms, & you have parades of the lifestyles you choice? Tell me fudge packer, How the hell is sodomy something to be "proud" of lol (espically when so many AIDS cases have been linked to the sexual practice)? And why are you shoving your preferences down everyone's throats every 120 seconds?

Typical Fascist Homo
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

#144886 Jun 8, 2012
Pam Jordan wrote:
i have been following this thread and another based on gays marrying for some time now.
i was involved in determining whether of not we allow gay marriage in Ohio as well as other states in debates.
one thing i have seen is that those against gay marriage seem to use much more cross language and no real sense of lineal thought in their debates.
i myself have leaned towards the gays right to marry based on a more thoughtful approach towards their agenda and purpose and it is starting to make sense.
i do wish the needless put downs might be placed aside however.
So if your Uncle Tod was to marry a dog, would you approve? LOL
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

#144887 Jun 8, 2012
ELH wrote:
<quoted text>
So, were you born stupid or did you acquire it along the way?
I take it you Homo-Nazis are mad...LOL
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#144888 Jun 8, 2012
So Clyde and my other detractors, to answer your question about why I don't debate, the angry fundie "Jonah1" has just demonstrated for us what happens if I try to discuss marriage equality. So that is why I no longer try.
Dan

Roseville, CA

#144889 Jun 8, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a cut and paste from one of your milder thinly veiled threats:
"... All I can tell you is if you and these other LOSERS were to talk the shit you do in here while not in the safety of the anonymous internet out in the public while having a face to face meeting you just might be walking home with a limp wondering which cabinet had the Excedrine and hoping you have some ice packs in the Frigidaire.....LOL!!!!"
I particularly remember the one where you and your "other suceesful busnessmens friends" would twist me into a human pretzel because you decided I wasn't being tolerant and diverse enough. Sound familiar? Sure it does. How about the time you threatened to beat me into a greasy stain? Sounds like words Dan would use? Sure they are.
And I agree with you on same sex marriage! Imagine if I didn't!
Come on Dan, you get complaints about your threats everyday. You can't claim innocence, no one will believe you except maybe RnL.
Ohhhh Frankie.

That's not a threat. A threat would be direct like telling you I was coming over to your house tonight to smack some sense into you with a Louisville Slugger...LOL!!!

What I gave you was some common sense. You don't go running around talking shit to people you have nothing to do with and hope to get home to a dinner of steak and potatoes without thinking you'll get whomped on one day.

That's common sense Franky not to mention a reminder to be socialble.

As far as the lie about turning you into a pretzel I merely mentioned if you talked to my friends like you do me in here they too might think about giving you a new look.

LOL!!!

Are you that much of a hermit you don't know this????

If you don't believe me go out into a public square and locate some people you don't seem to care for and let them have one of your verbal onslaughts with a first aid kit in one hand and a stopwatch in the other and tell me how many seconds it took before one beat your silly ass into tomorrow...LOL!!!!

Be nice Frank. Then you won't have trouble.
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

#144890 Jun 8, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
So Clyde and my other detractors, to answer your question about why I don't debate, the angry fundie "Jonah1" has just demonstrated for us what happens if I try to discuss marriage equality. So that is why I no longer try.
The only TRUE marriage equality is between MAN & WOMAN. Anything else is just plain weird.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#144891 Jun 8, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhh Frankie.
That's not a threat. A threat would be direct like telling you I was coming over to your house tonight to smack some sense into you with a Louisville Slugger...LOL!!!
What I gave you was some common sense. You don't go running around talking shit to people you have nothing to do with and hope to get home to a dinner of steak and potatoes without thinking you'll get whomped on one day.
That's common sense Franky not to mention a reminder to be socialble.
As far as the lie about turning you into a pretzel I merely mentioned if you talked to my friends like you do me in here they too might think about giving you a new look.
LOL!!!
Are you that much of a hermit you don't know this????
If you don't believe me go out into a public square and locate some people you don't seem to care for and let them have one of your verbal onslaughts with a first aid kit in one hand and a stopwatch in the other and tell me how many seconds it took before one beat your silly ass into tomorrow...LOL!!!!
Be nice Frank. Then you won't have trouble.
No thanks Dan. I won't go out and look for a fight no matter how many times you tell me to. I don't want violence. Save it for another thug like you. I would like to intelligently discuss the topic, but trolls like you won't allow it. And that's my point.

You don't even see the irony in your threats.
thisGuy

Stephenville, TX

#144892 Jun 8, 2012
NEW wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....No the supreme court in the near future will CRUSH your nazi fascist unconstitutional same sex marriage bans....Keep thinking you will win because what is RIGHT AND CONSTITUTIONAL AND FREEDOM BASED AND EQUALITY BASED ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS WINS HITLER LOVER!!!!!!!!!!
And then what? We'll have to constitute marriage between man & dog as "equal marriage"?....ROFL
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#144893 Jun 8, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
The only TRUE marriage equality is between MAN & WOMAN. Anything else is just plain weird.
I see no harm in other arrangements. Weird to you or not.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#144894 Jun 8, 2012
Jonah1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No moron, the "thought police" didn't declare it off topic, logic proved it to be off topic. Polygamy has as much to do with marriage equality as bestiality and incest do. Zip, nada, nil. But you fundies just love to keep throwing those words out as if they do. Just pisses you off to no end that you can't establish any cause/effect/correlation between the two totally seperate institutions.
<quoted text>
Yes, we do. You're attempt to paint gays as "selfish" is dismissed for the childish bullshyt it is, yet again.
But please, don't let that stop you from bringing it up again within the next few hours. Nothing helps demonstrate the sheer desperateness of your presence here! LOL!!
Traditional one man/one woman marriage, same sex marriage and polygamy are all marriage. They are NOT separate institutions.

So lets sum up Jonah1. There is no traditional marriage, there is no same sex marriage, there is no group marriage. There is only marriage. All equally valid.

And oh yeah, you're a fundie. and very angry. Jonah1 The Angry Fundie! YUK!YUK!YUK!

Now type me out a 500 word rebuttal. Spell check! YUK!YUK!YUK!
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#144895 Jun 8, 2012
Sedgewick P Hunsacker wrote:
I got to agree with my good Christian Republican buddy RiccardoFire who is the only guy besides me who is talking sense here. I said it before and I say it again if the good Lord wanted man to marry a man or hammer him up the hershey highway he would have create Adam and Bruce thats all she rote. I was hoping my fellow Christian Rick Sanitorum would have run for president because he would have made gay marrage illegal as well as outlaw sodommy and done some other good things before all this country turn into San Francisco where they give out rubbers and anus grease on street corners and its legal for the sissy boys to go around with there ding dongs hanging out. I didnt fight the gooks and commies in Nam 40 years ago for this country to be turned into no sodomy and gonoreah like there was in the bible I will tell you that right now. Keep up telling it like it is to these girly boys RiccardoFire. Sedgewick got your back amigo. Praise Jesus and God bless Ameria.
Well spoken Sedgewick.

“All things considered”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#144896 Jun 8, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So if your Uncle Tod was to marry a dog, would you approve? LOL
i don't have an uncle 'tod' so i'm not sure of your reference.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#144897 Jun 8, 2012
thisGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
this seems to be a common reflection of those opposed to gay marriages.

unfortunately it is based on opinion with no factual basis in that it should interfere with another citizens rights t a basic freedom such as marriage.

one blockage to gay marriage could be finding a harm embodied in it but so far none has been found.

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#144898 Jun 8, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Traditional one man/one woman marriage, same sex marriage and polygamy are all marriage. They are NOT separate institutions.
So lets sum up Jonah1. There is no traditional marriage, there is no same sex marriage, there is no group marriage. There is only marriage. All equally valid.
And oh yeah, you're a fundie. and very angry. Jonah1 The Angry Fundie! YUK!YUK!YUK!
Now type me out a 500 word rebuttal. Spell check! YUK!YUK!YUK!
this would be incorrect.

marriage has traditionally been based on the legal union of two adults of the opposite sexes. traditional unless you view polygamist marriages in the 1800's as traditional as well.

it has been made aware that 2 adults of the same sex can also find a wish to hold this legal bond as well.it seems they should have it given those requesting this type of marriage are citizens of this country and there appears to be no harm involved in it's being.

polygamy includes the marriage of multiple parties over two and according to the government did possess harmful capabilities explaining it's current illegality.

so far government or others have not been able to isolate any real harm homosexual marriage induces.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#144899 Jun 8, 2012
Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
this would be incorrect.
marriage has traditionally been based on the legal union of two adults of the opposite sexes. traditional unless you view polygamist marriages in the 1800's as traditional as well.
it has been made aware that 2 adults of the same sex can also find a wish to hold this legal bond as well.it seems they should have it given those requesting this type of marriage are citizens of this country and there appears to be no harm involved in it's being.
polygamy includes the marriage of multiple parties over two and according to the government did possess harmful capabilities explaining it's current illegality.
so far government or others have not been able to isolate any real harm homosexual marriage induces.
Bigotry against polygamy in the USA is based on fear and bigotry of Mormons.

What possible harm would a marriage of 3 three consenting adults cause you or anyone else?

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#144900 Jun 8, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bigotry against polygamy in the USA is based on fear and bigotry of Mormons.
What possible harm would a marriage of 3 three consenting adults cause you or anyone else?
mormons have separated themselves from polygamy completely almost 100 years ago. those that practice it now are often shunned by the mormon faith.

i don't know of what fear and bigotry you are referring to so you would have to provide examples.

the harm associated with polygamy was orchestrated by the government after reviewing polygamist's inclusion of cultist practices in many cases including the inclusion of underage brides in multiple marriages and the seclusion of it's parties from common laws. these determinations were made by the government and not by myself so i personally am unaware of the total number of harms determined. i am sure this information is readily available but as we are discussing same sex marriage and not polygamy i see no reason for it's inclusion.
Frank Rizzo

Union City, CA

#144902 Jun 8, 2012
Pam Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
mormons have separated themselves from polygamy completely almost 100 years ago. those that practice it now are often shunned by the mormon faith.
i don't know of what fear and bigotry you are referring to so you would have to provide examples.
the harm associated with polygamy was orchestrated by the government after reviewing polygamist's inclusion of cultist practices in many cases including the inclusion of underage brides in multiple marriages and the seclusion of it's parties from common laws. these determinations were made by the government and not by myself so i personally am unaware of the total number of harms determined. i am sure this information is readily available but as we are discussing same sex marriage and not polygamy i see no reason for it's inclusion.
Yeah, yeah, "underage preteen child brides. forced marriages, cults, bla bla bla", please hold the bigotry for a moment. Let's say three men, all consenting adults, want to marry. What do you have against that?

“All things considered”

Location hidden

#144903 Jun 8, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, yeah, "underage preteen child brides. forced marriages, cults, bla bla bla", please hold the bigotry for a moment. Let's say three men, all consenting adults, want to marry. What do you have against that?
if you wish a discussion i fail to see the need for your rudeness.

i have never seen 3 men wanting to marry. if there were 3 men wanting to marry each other they in turn would have to convince the government and those who determined harm in polygamy in order to convince them to create the allowance of it.

given we are discussing same sexed marriage amongst 2 adults i myself don't see the inclusion of polygamy being a factor.

and i have not exemplified bigotry, please do not make false inferences to my posts.

thank you for your time in this. i may come back later but for now have to leave.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#144904 Jun 8, 2012
[QUOTE who="Here Is One. "]<quoted text>
31 states to 5 states does make you the small hate group
And people like rose ho prove that every time he posts[/QUOTE]

Agreed! These shrill gays in here just go crazy with the judgement icons thinking that what we are saying is somehow lessened. 5 states which have gay marriage which got in them because it was snuck in through the back door and not put to a vote. Gay marriage has NEVER been voted for in any state. Whats more, a full 32 states (more than 2/3) have put constitutional bans against it.

Dont they see that this means that if they push too hard, support is there to add a Constitutional Amendment to the US Constitution permanently banning it? They would do well to drop the adversarial relationship they have with everyone. They just piss more people off, and motivate people who would normally not care about it one way or another. My quiet neighbors are suddenly organizing prevent California from lifting the ban currently still in place after gay judge Walker overturned it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Clemente Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loud Rumbling Noise in Aliso Viejo (Jun '09) Dec 2 Bali b 43
On the road alone in L.A. (Jun '07) Nov 30 carnewshq com 136
Aliso Viejo Music Emporium (Oct '12) Nov 29 Musikologist 10
Review: Sobertec (Jun '12) Nov '14 babydaddy0320 3
Man and Woman Shot Dead in San Clemente Oct '14 Bliss China Crap 1
San Onofre Nuke Plant Closed, but the Siren Tes... Oct '14 Joe Blow 1
Who do you support for Magnolia School District... (Oct '10) Oct '14 12adf 19

San Clemente News Video

San Clemente Dating
Find my Match