Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.
Comments
12,561 - 12,580 of 22,248 Comments Last updated 9 hrs ago
Waco 1954

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

Judged:

Oregonsux.....You are the meanest democrat on earth.I also believe you to be a human female.Probably in your twenties.Most likely also numb from the waist down although there are many who believe you to be numb from the waist up.You have an insane need to be right at all times.Another sad child of the computer age and the rise of the Internet.One day you will die choking on your own vitriol.A few years will pass and no one will know you ever walked upon the face of the earth.As your body decays your molecules will be disseminated to all corners of the earth.Aside from that have a blessed day.
John C

Waco, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

OBAMACARE IS A HIT AGAINST THE INSURANCE COMPANIES AND PROVIDERS, RYAN'S PLAN IS A HIT AGAINTS THE PATIENT. THIS IS A FACT AND IN WRITING, PLAIN AND SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND. ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IS TOTALLY WRONG AND A LIE.
Waco 1954

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

The campaign heats up.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

I'm all for freedom of speech, just trying to say name calling and insults aren't the way to get your point across. If I say NRH I don't particularly agree with you on this topic can we talk about it? That leaves the door open and we might have a productive conversation, where as if if I say look you stupid MF you don't know s---. You aren't going to be willing to even listen, much less listen with an open mind. So you and SUX go ahead call names and hurl insults and try to get people to buy into your BS. Because untill you two can speak in a civil manner that's all you've got BS!
whey

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

John C wrote:
OBAMACARE IS A HIT AGAINST THE INSURANCE COMPANIES AND PROVIDERS, RYAN'S PLAN IS A HIT AGAINTS THE PATIENT. THIS IS A FACT AND IN WRITING, PLAIN AND SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND. ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IS TOTALLY WRONG AND A LIE.
...hey, john c.....then you cannot read and understand what is in that writing then. ohhh and I highly doubt YOU have read the thousands of pages in the Obama plan(which doctors) do not totally understand BUT know enough that many are leaving the profession. Did you know this? Get real!
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Vouchers for insurance, vouchers for school. Do the F>in Republicans know anything but vouchers and tax cuts for the top 1%. While ObamaCare might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, it damn sure beats any alternitive the Elitist Republicans have come up with.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Texan wrote:
I'm all for freedom of speech, just trying to say name calling and insults aren't the way to get your point across. If I say NRH I don't particularly agree with you on this topic can we talk about it? That leaves the door open and we might have a productive conversation, where as if if I say look you stupid MF you don't know s---. You aren't going to be willing to even listen, much less listen with an open mind. So you and SUX go ahead call names and hurl insults and try to get people to buy into your BS. Because untill you two can speak in a civil manner that's all you've got BS!
Sux is the only one I throw insults at because, well, he started it. As childish as that sounds, its true. Besides, "he" is nothing but a collection of trolls working in some basement or college dorm room or where ever churning out DNC talking points. So, I respond in kind and try to counter balance the insane and absurd accusations coming from them. There might be a few others but for those that arent crazy or just mean, I am more than willing to engage in intelligent debate with them anytime.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Texan wrote:
Vouchers for insurance, vouchers for school. Do the F>in Republicans know anything but vouchers and tax cuts for the top 1%. While ObamaCare might not be the greatest thing since sliced bread, it damn sure beats any alternitive the Elitist Republicans have come up with.
But who is going to pay for it? Where is all the money going to come from to give all these benefits? Half of the population currently doesnt pay any taxes at all. We borrow 33 cents for every federal dollar spent. That cant continue. WE ARE BROKE! 16 trilliion in debt and climbing and we want more govt entitlement programs?
And dont trot out the old standby "Just tax the rich more" line. If we taxed the "rich" 100% of their income, that would be roughly 350 billion. Thats 1/3 of the 1 trillion in debt Obama is adding to the defecit this year. Now how are we going to balance the other 2/3?
We have to cut spending, across the board, or we wont have a future to argue about.

“Smarter Than You”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Texan NRH is a reasonable person.Oregon sux is insane.Oregon presents his arguments is such a hostile and inflammatory fashion that his points are lost in acrimony.
cfd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

hjh
exactly

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
But who is going to pay for it? Where is all the money going to come from to give all these benefits? Half of the population currently doesnt pay any taxes at all. We borrow 33 cents for every federal dollar spent. That cant continue. WE ARE BROKE! 16 trilliion in debt and climbing and we want more govt entitlement programs?
And dont trot out the old standby "Just tax the rich more" line. If we taxed the "rich" 100% of their income, that would be roughly 350 billion. Thats 1/3 of the 1 trillion in debt Obama is adding to the defecit this year. Now how are we going to balance the other 2/3?
We have to cut spending, across the board, or we wont have a future to argue about.
E X A C T L Y!!!!!!!
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Then you are letting SUX get just what he wants, someone lowering themself to his level. As for how to pay for it, do away with all those loop holes, cut out all the perks for the President and all those do nothing bozos in the house and senate. Let's face it no one in elected office is worth the price we are paying. If I were as incompetent at my job as they are theirs I would have been fired long ago. I'm not taolking about Republicans or Democrats, I'm talking about all of them. No one is on the public dole to the extent of the people in Washington, I mean we the tax payers pick up the tab for a lavish life style that most people can only dream about. And people on here talk about entitlement programs like social security and medicare; These bozos in congress and in the White House are reciepiants of the most obscene entitlement program on the planet. Take away all the perks and gimmies that those guys get, not to mention the obscene salaries they vote for themselves, and I'll quarenty not one of them would want to be in elected office. Not one of them are there to serve our country, they are all there to get rich.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

One more way to pay for it: No more foriegn aid keep our money here and take care of our own, those people don't care what happens to us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Texan wrote:
One more way to pay for it: No more foriegn aid keep our money here and take care of our own, those people don't care what happens to us.
I agree. All spending has to be reduced. Everything.
Defiant1
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Texan wrote:
I never could understand what's in it for those of us who foot the bill with our tax money, besides nothing. Foreign spending is as big
of a waste as the politicians in DC.
Waco 1954
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

I'm going to declare myself a foreign country.WASHINGTON will be sending me a couple billion any day.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Texan wrote:
Why don't you tell that to Republiscum over the last 30 years?

The left and the center have not engaged the extremism of the fascist right until now. They (or you) are a bunch of wimps crying to Mommy because the other side is finally hitting back and hitting back hard.

Boo hoo. If you cannot stand the heat then get the hell out of this topic.

Since you are obviously complete ignorant of everything, harsh words in political campaigns have been with us from the start. Pay attention!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Texan wrote:
Then you are letting SUX get just what he wants, someone lowering themself to his level. As for how to pay for it, do away with all those loop holes, cut out all the perks for the President and all those do nothing bozos in the house and senate. Let's face it no one in elected office is worth the price we are paying. If I were as incompetent at my job as they are theirs I would have been fired long ago. I'm not taolking about Republicans or Democrats, I'm talking about all of them. No one is on the public dole to the extent of the people in Washington, I mean we the tax payers pick up the tab for a lavish life style that most people can only dream about. And people on here talk about entitlement programs like social security and medicare; These bozos in congress and in the White House are reciepiants of the most obscene entitlement program on the planet. Take away all the perks and gimmies that those guys get, not to mention the obscene salaries they vote for themselves, and I'll quarenty not one of them would want to be in elected office. Not one of them are there to serve our country, they are all there to get rich.
Why don't you tell that to Republiscum over the last 30 years?

The left and the center have not engaged the extremism of the fascist right until now. They (or you) are a bunch of wimps crying to Mommy because the other side is finally hitting back and hitting back hard.

Boo hoo. If you cannot stand the heat then get the hell out of this topic.

Since you are obviously complete ignorant of everything, harsh words in political campaigns have been with us from the start. Pay attention!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Texan wrote:
Oh yes, we can spend all of our time not engaging any other country for any reason at all. Let's build a moat!

We do not have to get products from them or sell them things we produce. We can ignore oil and food and agriculture and autos and building materials and clothing and everything because, you know, we are an island unto ourselves.

You are such a simpleton. Your political intelligence is at a fifth grade level.

Oh heck, Texas will be an oven on broil fairly soon. We will declare you guys to have seceded and we will not send you foreign aid.
John C
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2012

Judged:

OregonSux... You always hit the nail on the head with your comments!!

Yesterday Ryan admitted his hypocrisy about the stimulus program. Is all over the news, well..except on fox news.

I just got this from a friend...is on public records.

Romney got rich bankrupting 8 companies in 9 years. He did it by using investor’s money (not even his own) buying companies, then taking out a loan against the business to pay himself and his buddies back first. The business would not be able to pay the massive debt load along with Bain’s 20%“fee” so it would cut employees salaries, benefits, and pensions, then liquidate everything or move the business offshore. Is this your vision of American Business or is this Vulture Capitalism?

a. AMPAD - Profit:$102 million - Bankrupt: 2002.
b. DDI CORP - Profits:$36 million - Bankrupt: 2003.
c. DAMON CORP - Profits:$1.5 million - Bankrupt: 2009.
d. DADE BEHRING. Profits:$365 million - Bankrupt: 2002.
e. STAGE STORES. Profits:$100 million - Bankrupt: 2000.
f. GS INDUSTRIES. Profits:$65 million - Bankrupt: 2001.
g. DETAILS. Profits:$93 million - Bankruptcy: 2003.
h. WORD WIDE GRINDING. Profits $16.5 million - Bankrupt: 2001.

Total take:$779 million.

Even Republicans agree - Gingrich: "A story of greed, playing the system for a quick buck. A group of corporate raiders led by Mitt Romney, more ruthless than Wall Street. For tens of thousands of Americans, the suffering began when Mitt Romney came to town.”

I bet Gingrich will eat his own words. Oh yea! he doesn't recall saying such thing on national tv.
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

San Angelo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

San Angelo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

San Angelo News, Events & Info