Big Sandy Regional Detention Center Under Investigation!!!!

Posted in the Salyersville Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 112 Comments Last updated May 26, 2011
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Community Partner

Flatgap, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 3, 2009
 

Judged:

1

It's about time.
Citizen

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 3, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Yep. They let that poor lady go without medical care and now she is dead. It was what started this whole investigation.

Since: Feb 09

Phelps, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 3, 2009
 
I just heard about them being investigated on my home on the radio. What happened to this lady they are referring to that passed away there?

Since: Mar 09

Wittensville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 3, 2009
 
Community Partner wrote:
It's about time.
You took the words right out of my mouth!!

“Jinkies Scoob!”

Since: Mar 09

Hickville USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 3, 2009
 
HelloKitty650 wrote:
I just heard about them being investigated on my home on the radio. What happened to this lady they are referring to that passed away there?
I don’t know the story behind this case…but I know she is not the first.
Lindas_Sister

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 3, 2009
 
On WYMT news, her family said she had called several time with chest pains and the jail refused to get her medical attenttion.Her family said they begged the jail authorities to take her.You can go watch it on www.wymt.com ,You have to scroll through some of the videos.The headline says Easter Ky Detention Center Under Investigation.

Since: Feb 09

Phelps, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 4, 2009
 
Ok, thanks a bunch!

I hate that. It looks like the jailer would be charged with something?

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 4, 2009
 

Judged:

1

This is not the first time, that this has happened...Dale Stephens layed over there & him with cancer.. lived 2 days after getting out of jail!! U can thank ur' county court system for this..
gimma a hell ya

Staffordsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 4, 2009
 
yea your right everyone thats in office needs voted out or turned into the white house
not good at all

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 5, 2009
 
there was a Lon C Williams that died in 2007 he was friends with Buch Williams
Pissed off mad about it

Staffordsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 5, 2009
 
Prayers go out to the family. I wish the state would take over these facilities. Just like a few of the nursing homes. No offense to the people who do their jobs. I have worked in a few prisons and know first hand what a rough job it is, but they have already been judged, so why not help them when they need it. You cant trust most inmates but around here, most people locked up are family. I hope something good can come out of this tragic event.
Community Partner

Flatgap, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I'm thinking the jail is responsible for the medical bills and this is why they're not sending them out as they should. Like many of you I've heard of several who have been denied medical care upon request while incarcerated at the jail.

I'm thinking somebody is now is serious trouble!!!
outlaw_woman

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Lon C. Williams was my father, and he passed away october 11th 2005..and yes he took his last breath at the johnson county detention center! He was not friends with Butch, we are family..He also begged and pleaded for medical help, but they paid no attention to his suffering cries! They let him lay and suffer for days until finally God put him at ease. This new investigation, and this poor womans death really touched home. It took my breathe away and brought back so many unwanted memories! I hope and pray that this time justice will be served..the question is can justice ever be served? Nothin they ever do or say will bring my daddy back, nor this woman here. Once they are gone, they are gone..no amount of money can bring them back..its lost 4ever!I personally hope that the bsrdc get everything they deserve! Im not the one to judge what that might be, only GOD can do that! My thoughts and prayers are with her family, cause I truly and personally feel thier pain..I also feel thier anger, cause I still carry resentments toward Butch Williams and the Big Sandy Detention Center!I honestly try to let go of my resentments and forgive them, but they took from me a very special person who I loved more than words can say..He wasnt only my dad, but he was also my best friend!He was loved by many and is always in my heart! It really makes me happy to hear that people have not forgotten him... IN LOVING MEMORY OF LON C. WILLIAMS (May 1st 1955-October 11th 2005) R.I.P DADDY...we love and miss you!!! My heart goes out to this family.....
zoro

Staffordsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

everyone need to go after doc hardin i know for a fact he wont pay the jail medical for magoffin countians and thats why the inmates from salyersville dont get no medical but it looks like it came home on him lol look how his son is on the front page and he'll prolly be killed in prison with those changes everyone wake up anyones better than hardin

“Welcome to the Tater patch!”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 5, 2009
 
outlaw_woman wrote:
Lon C. Williams was my father, and he passed away october 11th 2005..and yes he took his last breath at the johnson county detention center! He was not friends with Butch, we are family..He also begged and pleaded for medical help, but they paid no attention to his suffering cries! They let him lay and suffer for days until finally God put him at ease. This new investigation, and this poor womans death really touched home. It took my breathe away and brought back so many unwanted memories! I hope and pray that this time justice will be served..the question is can justice ever be served? Nothin they ever do or say will bring my daddy back, nor this woman here. Once they are gone, they are gone..no amount of money can bring them back..its lost 4ever!I personally hope that the bsrdc get everything they deserve! Im not the one to judge what that might be, only GOD can do that! My thoughts and prayers are with her family, cause I truly and personally feel thier pain..I also feel thier anger, cause I still carry resentments toward Butch Williams and the Big Sandy Detention Center!I honestly try to let go of my resentments and forgive them, but they took from me a very special person who I loved more than words can say..He wasnt only my dad, but he was also my best friend!He was loved by many and is always in my heart! It really makes me happy to hear that people have not forgotten him... IN LOVING MEMORY OF LON C. WILLIAMS (May 1st 1955-October 11th 2005) R.I.P DADDY...we love and miss you!!! My heart goes out to this family.....
Again, I am sorry for your loss. I meet your father through friends several years ago and I can call him my friend. God rest his soul.
Geez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 5, 2009
 
There was also a Rittenhouse who died at the detention center several years ago if I'm not mistaken...I don't think they ever investigated or anything.

Since: Feb 09

Phelps, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 5, 2009
 
I just don't understand how there can be deaths in a jail and there not be an investigation. If I am not mistaken, hasn't this happened in Pike County as well?
have a heart

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

i know that hardin aint worth a sh$t but he is the father of that boy.no matter what hardin has done;he still is a person and i would say that he is hurting right now.
lets see

Flatgap, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 5, 2009
 
Red_Rider wrote:
This is not the first time, that this has happened...Dale Stephens layed over there & him with cancer.. lived 2 days after getting out of jail!! U can thank ur' county court system for this..
If he hadnt been a criminal, he would not have been there... You can thank your local government for getting him OUT of trouble repeatedly for years

Since: Apr 09

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 5, 2009
 
have a heart wrote:
i know that hardin aint worth a sh$t but he is the father of that boy.no matter what hardin has done;he still is a person and i would say that he is hurting right now.
I'm thinking you posted this in the wrong thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Salyersville Forum right now

Search the Salyersville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Le Jimbo 146,893
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 17 min Mike Duquette 128,925
Couple pleads guilty to money laundering in cas... 1 hr houdini 5
And the Winner Issssss Doc Hardin 2 hr angels among us 52
How did that Connelley boy die? 2 hr Stupid People 6
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr hillian 81,559
Renee Shepherd 17 hr John 33
•••
•••
•••
•••

Salyersville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Salyersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Salyersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salyersville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••