parent

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Does anyone know when the last day of school will be?
hmm

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

june 18th
parent of 1

Waco, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

June 18th.. i don't know why we get out so late when all the other schools missed as much as we did, and they get out weeks sooner then us.. I also heard they go back Aug 3.. Wow!! we get a nice summer break.. right at 6 weeks! Yippee enjoy it kids!
soccer mom

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Actually, other counties did not miss as much as we did here in Magoffin. Unlike here, if it flurried, the others had school. But in this county, you can't win for losing. One is complaining because there are a dusting of snow on the ground and we have school. Then others are complaining because we get out late. So, what would you people suggest we do? Should there be a school schedule made for each individual person of this county. Because obviously, no one ever agrees! No wonder kids are so messed up nowadays....I would be too if I was a child from listening to my parents complain about everything under the sun. GEt over it people! Enjoy the time you do have with the children. And...as far as school starting back earlier this year....isn't that what everyone wanted. Everyone wa complaining lst year becaus school started so late and that meant school ended late. So many of Magoffin Countians need to get a life and stop bitching!!@!!!!!
whatever

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

magoffin county does go more than any other county, don't matter how many days we miss,floyd county gets out june 8th and i know we didn't miss many more than them...it's all about the money
soccer mom

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

whatever....goes to show how little you know. According to people like yourself, money is the reason for everything! Get a life, become inquired and get the facts straight. What you and everyone else needs to realize is the days we missed because it flurried while Floyd, Johnson and even Morgan County school was on regular schedule. And...how many days did we miss when in fact we could have had school on regular schedule or at least a 1 hour delay? I personally have talked to several teachers and staff from Johnson and Floyd and no they didn't miss as much as we did!
ORACLE

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

there you go again soccer mom trying to order ppl around again, maybe u should be the one getting a life. you must be a school teacher, hmmm!
Bella

Wittensville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

soccer mom wrote:
Actually, other counties did not miss as much as we did here in Magoffin. Unlike here, if it flurried, the others had school. But in this county, you can't win for losing. One is complaining because there are a dusting of snow on the ground and we have school. Then others are complaining because we get out late. So, what would you people suggest we do? Should there be a school schedule made for each individual person of this county. Because obviously, no one ever agrees! No wonder kids are so messed up nowadays....I would be too if I was a child from listening to my parents complain about everything under the sun. GEt over it people! Enjoy the time you do have with the children. And...as far as school starting back earlier this year....isn't that what everyone wanted. Everyone wa complaining lst year becaus school started so late and that meant school ended late. So many of Magoffin Countians need to get a life and stop bitching!!@!!!!!
The only person I see on here bitching is you soccer mom. You sound like one of those people that turns around everything someone says and make a big whoop about it. I always say that "if you don't want to hear me bitch, then don't do or say anything to make me".
Another view

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

whatever wrote:
magoffin county does go more than any other county, don't matter how many days we miss,floyd county gets out june 8th and i know we didn't miss many more than them...it's all about the money
Though no one at the board of education will tell you this, the reason Magoffin will be going later is the way the calendar was set up several years ago. Schools had the option to set their calendars by instructional hours [1050 hrs] or instructional days [175 days]. A year or two later, when the state added two additional days, that moved magoffin up to 177 days and the ones that went by hours to 1062 hours.

The ones that go by hours made up time as they went along because the day contained more than 6 instructional hours. It would not matter if Magoffin went 9 hours per day, they still have to do 177 days, and hence the June 18th last day while all surrounding schools are out anywhere from the last of May to June7.
Another view

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

soccer mom wrote:
whatever....goes to show how little you know. According to people like yourself, money is the reason for everything! Get a life, become inquired and get the facts straight. What you and everyone else needs to realize is the days we missed because it flurried while Floyd, Johnson and even Morgan County school was on regular schedule. And...how many days did we miss when in fact we could have had school on regular schedule or at least a 1 hour delay? I personally have talked to several teachers and staff from Johnson and Floyd and no they didn't miss as much as we did!
You are right and wrong. I am not sure as to how many days they actually missed for weather/illness, but they also got fall breaks for a week [Johnson got Thursday and Friday of Apple Day week and all the next week off for fall break]where magoffin did not. Regardless, Magoffin did not miss 10-15 more days than the surrounding systems.
whatever

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2010

soccer mom wrote:
whatever soccer mom..we never missed many more days than floyd county..why don't they do something to let us get out a little earlier like go on saturdays or add a few extra minutes to each day...and as far as u saying according to people like myself,money is the reason for everything ur the "soccer mom"...
soccer mom

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2010

To little Miss Bella....don't do or say anything to you to make you bitch? Is that correct? Well, if I were talking directly to you, yes, then you would have a reason to bitch. Therefore, being that I was speaking to 'whatever' and 'oracle', then I guess you just stuck your nosey ass in my business. So....guess you're just looking for a reason to bitch because I sure didn't give you a reason. Sounds as if you're a little bored and want to take your frustration out on others. I am so sorry your life is so sucky and miserable that you have to go on topix to complain about it. And again WHATEVER, yes indeed I am a soccer mom, a basketball mom, a dance mom, a wife, have a full time job....need I go on or do you get the idea? I know you're just jealous that some of us do have jobs instead of sitting on our asses and drawing welfare each and every month...but thats just the way people are. Don't be hating.....get a job instead!
whatever

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

soccer mom wrote:
To little Miss Bella....don't do or say anything to you to make you bitch? Is that correct? Well, if I were talking directly to you, yes, then you would have a reason to bitch. Therefore, being that I was speaking to 'whatever' and 'oracle', then I guess you just stuck your nosey ass in my business. So....guess you're just looking for a reason to bitch because I sure didn't give you a reason. Sounds as if you're a little bored and want to take your frustration out on others. I am so sorry your life is so sucky and miserable that you have to go on topix to complain about it. And again WHATEVER, yes indeed I am a soccer mom, a basketball mom, a dance mom, a wife, have a full time job....need I go on or do you get the idea? I know you're just jealous that some of us do have jobs instead of sitting on our asses and drawing welfare each and every month...but thats just the way people are. Don't be hating.....get a job instead!
jealous,are u kidding what's their to be jealous of, sounds to me like ur nothing but a stuck up snob who thinks she's better than everyone that's not in her little circle...and as far as a job goes I have one but that still doesn't make me better than anyone who doesn't..UNLIKE YOU
Bella

Wittensville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2010

Judged:

soccer mom wrote:
Lotte doll, Soccer mom, I only wished that I could be as smart as you. It must be wonderful to be able to sit on a big fat ass and figure people out like you do. Were you born physic, or is it a special nack you have??? You need to come off your high horse, and quit acting like you're the only bitch with a job. You came into this world with nothing and you'll go out the same. Quit bitching about how busy you are with your life and enjoy it, instead of getting on here showing that you have something lacking in your life~~~and as far as you telling me when I can comment on a topix or not, GET OVER YOURSELF. I don't care how fat your ass is, it's not big enough to make me stop. Maybe, you should go get another job, or put your kids into another sport or something, then you wouldn't have enough time to get on her to be as big of bitch that you are...
parent 101

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2010

Bella....well arent you the pot calling the kettle black? Soccer Mom was bitching and that's all you have done throughout your post. And, I really hate to tell you, but it's psychic not physic. You know what really gets me about topix.com ? Someone can get on here and complain about anything, then when someone else responds to that certain post, everyone starts calling the respondant a bitch, a complainer, etc. Isn't that the purpose of topix? So, who made you all queen of topix and calling people a bitch? Hahaha...last but not least, to call someone a bitch, you personally have to know about one!
Bella

Wittensville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

parent 101 wrote:
Bella....well arent you the pot calling the kettle black? Soccer Mom was bitching and that's all you have done throughout your post. And, I really hate to tell you, but it's psychic not physic. You know what really gets me about topix.com ? Someone can get on here and complain about anything, then when someone else responds to that certain post, everyone starts calling the respondant a bitch, a complainer, etc. Isn't that the purpose of topix? So, who made you all queen of topix and calling people a bitch? Hahaha...last but not least, to call someone a bitch, you personally have to know about one!
You got that right!!!!
Superior

Wittensville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

soccer mom wrote:
You don't know who you're talking too, but you automatically assume all of these things. Why do you think you're superior to others? I think that you should be proud of your accomplishments, but you really shouldn't think you're above others. That's not very nice.
ghostlady

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

It's sad how people can start fights and call eachother names over a question like When is the last day of school. I will pray for you all. By the way there is no need to to comment back to me because I will not entertain that. I wish you all the best.
Butterfly

Paintsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

I know right ghostlady, heres all I gotta say it is what it is I know the kids wont have much of a summer but we have no choice in the matter.
soccer mom

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

superior...i have never nor will i ever think that i'm above anyone. and i mean anyone! It just so ticks me off that everyone else can complain and the minute i say anything, a big bunch of nobodies are downing me. if you don't like what i post, then move on! And Bella...I don't think you quite understood what parent 101 was saying about you. You might want to go back and read it before you agree with it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Salyersville Forum right now

Search the Salyersville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
"The Dolls" 31 min casey 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr heres 147,385
And the Winner Issssss Doc Hardin 2 hr its a shame 100
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr Anne52 81,567
John Montgomery you got this. 3 hr Blind to the truth 14
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr El Hijo de curiosidad 129,058
Sabrina Gipson "Beanie" 6 hr Hkm 21
Renee Shepherd 7 hr Truth 42
•••
•••
•••
Salyersville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Salyersville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000