Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,662

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Peace

Union City, TN

#67023 Aug 13, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. I hope Watch, Peace, OJG, Betty, LSD923 and Prepper come back too. We had some great discussions going on before the invasion. Many have been reading and not posting. Hope you had a great day!:)
Did somebody say Peace? ;) It warms my heart to check back and see that somebody missed me. Here's a song for you, Abeliever. I've missed you too.:)

&fe ature=related
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#67024 Aug 13, 2012
Well spent the better part of the night digging some good tunes on the ipod while star gazin and watching the meteors skate accross the sky. Not as spectacular as in the past perhaps but still nice. The next good one should be Oct 7 I think.

Have a good night peoples.
Saragon

United States

#67025 Aug 13, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been one time. We all caught fish and enjoyed a great feast. Hope to go again soon as the weather turns to cooler temperatures. I posted several shark stories before all the posts removals and bannings came just in case you were reading and not posting like lala and few others. There have been a lot of shark activity and attack this year. I can't imagine reeling in a shark. I would love to go back to South Carolina. It is a beautiful state like Kentucky. I bet you two had a great time. What have you been canning?
We have reservations for October when it is cooler. We go to a park called Hunting Island, it is between Savannah Georgia and Charlotte. I love it there, the beach is only for the campers so it isn't crowded. The garden didn't do well, like I told A. W. not enough rain at first and then too much. I put up vegetable beef soup this week. Hubby's favorite.
Saragon

United States

#67026 Aug 13, 2012
Gonna watch the news and hit the bed. I've had a busy day. Nite All.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#67027 Aug 13, 2012
Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
Did somebody say Peace? ;) It warms my heart to check back and see that somebody missed me. Here's a song for you, Abeliever. I've missed you too.:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =lD5uPZzBr5cXX&feature=rel ated
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Thank you
A Hant

Leitchfield, KY

#67028 Aug 13, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
They do sit in the shadows and wait for activity and certain posters then slither in like the tinypony. Just new names and SOS. At least most of them are gone. I am enjoying it as original regular posters return and new ones join us to carry on the thread. Wonder why the 4 randpaul threads don't bother them so much. lol I am doing my best just to ignore them.
i read scottsville topix too. your crew constantly print the negative judge it's on every comment the ones you hate and constantly refer to here. your little boy blue stills lies and commented there just a little while ago. i really don't think the warden would appreciate vulgar mouthed LSD923 coming back. i assure you that you haters aren't fooling everyone. i must applaud your act, but some are aware of the fakery and lies.
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#67029 Aug 13, 2012
Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
Awe, I love that. What timing. We have missed you so much. My heart is happy to see your post. Here is my PEACEful songs for you.

Eagles - Peaceful Easy Feeling

and the favorite from 60,000 or so posts ago:

Peace Train Cat Stevens

Hope you have had a wonderful summer! Please stay in touch. You brighten our day.:)

Love, hugs, and blessings.
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#67030 Aug 13, 2012
Saragon wrote:
<quoted text>We have reservations for October when it is cooler. We go to a park called Hunting Island, it is between Savannah Georgia and Charlotte. I love it there, the beach is only for the campers so it isn't crowded. The garden didn't do well, like I told A. W. not enough rain at first and then too much. I put up vegetable beef soup this week. Hubby's favorite.
Soup is good food! Says Campbell. lol I bet you do love it there. Sounds like a good place to retire. I know you two are looking forward to that. I love Savannah Georgia too. Gardens did well here in Northern Kentucky. We have been lucky with the rain. See you are watching the news and hitting the bed, so goodnight, sweet dreams, and hope to see you posting again. It has been great to pull the thread up and see you and few others come back. We have missed you too. Have a terrific Tuesday.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#67031 Aug 13, 2012
Everybody is probably familiar with this story already, but there's a point I would like to make.

The jet skier inadvertently brings security lags to the attention of those that need to know, and is charged with a crime. There are companies that would have charged thousands to find and point that out.

Give that man a reward and fine the Security department.

Jet-skier breeches JFK airport’s security perimeter, reaches terminal undetected

POSTED AT 9:32 AM ON AUGUST 13, 2012 BY HOWARD PORTNOY

If the Transportation Security Administration hopes to thwart future terrorist attacks, it had better look not only to the land but to the sea. The water around John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York was the point of origin of a successful breech of the airport’s $100 million, state-of-the-art security system.

The incursion was not an act of terrorism but one of desperation by a water sports enthusiast in distress. The New York Post reports that Daniel Casillo, 31, was riding his jet ski in Jamaica Bay Sunday evening when the watercraft became disabled and sunk around at around 7:45 p.m. Casillo swam the three miles to shore, which placed him squarely in front of an 8-foot-high fence designed to keep intruders out of the airport.

But this wasn’t just any ordinary fence. It was part of the Port Authority’s Perimeter Intrusion Detection System, or PIDS, backed up by motion sensors and closed-circuit cameras. None of the fancy gadgets managed to pick up the image of a lone figure scaling the fence, dripping wet and clad in a bright-yellow life jacket. Nor was Casillo detected when he crossed Runway 4L, where it intersects a second runway. In fact, he made it all the way to Terminal 3 without anyone noticing him.

If he hadn’t flagged down a Delta worker on the tarmac outside the terminal, he might well have made it clear inside the building and out the other side to the taxi line. Instead, he was arrested by Port Authority police and charged with criminal trespass.

Robert Egbert, a spokesman for the Port Authority Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association, said in statement:

The Port Authority PBA has been concerned about the failure of the PIDS system for quite some time. We have brought this to the attention of former Executive Director Chris Ward, who failed to act.

The Post further notes that the Port Authority is reviewing the incident and that plans to meet with Raytheon, maker of the PIDS, to discuss the breach. Let’s hope that in the meantime no enterprising terrorists get wind the vulnerabilities and invest in some used jet skis.
A Hant

Leitchfield, KY

#67032 Aug 13, 2012
Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
with that youtube, you must not like her either.
A Hant

Leitchfield, KY

#67033 Aug 13, 2012
Snidely wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DY1pcEtHI_wXX
Thank you
lord have mercy on my eardrums.

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#67034 Aug 13, 2012
A Hant wrote:
<quoted text>
i read scottsville topix too. your crew constantly print the negative judge it's on every comment the ones you hate and constantly refer to here. your little boy blue stills lies and commented there just a little while ago. i really don't think the warden would appreciate vulgar mouthed LSD923 coming back. i assure you that you haters aren't fooling everyone. i must applaud your act, but some are aware of the fakery and lies.
Be a man! Or a woman! Not whatever the above reflects. I post and the obsessive compulsive attack. I generally let it go 3 or 4 times before responding.
Peace

Union City, TN

#67035 Aug 13, 2012
A Hant wrote:
<quoted text>
with that youtube, you must not like her either.
Oh, heck. I'll bite just this once. I love her, and I love you too.:)
A Hant

Leitchfield, KY

#67036 Aug 13, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Soup is good food! Says Campbell. lol I bet you do love it there. Sounds like a good place to retire. I know you two are looking forward to that. I love Savannah Georgia too. Gardens did well here in Northern Kentucky. We have been lucky with the rain. See you are watching the news and hitting the bed, so goodnight, sweet dreams, and hope to see you posting again. It has been great to pull the thread up and see you and few others come back. We have missed you too. Have a terrific Tuesday.
campbells soup is 95% salt. a stroke in every can.
ghytrf

Winchester, KY

#67037 Aug 13, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
They do sit in the shadows and wait for activity and certain posters then slither in like the tinypony. Just new names and SOS. At least most of them are gone. I am enjoying it as original regular posters return and new ones join us to carry on the thread. Wonder why the 4 randpaul threads don't bother them so much. lol I am doing my best just to ignore them.
kljiuhg
A Hant

Leitchfield, KY

#67038 Aug 13, 2012
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
Be a man! Or a woman! Not whatever the above reflects. I post and the obsessive compulsive attack. I generally let it go 3 or 4 times before responding.
no attack to it, just the truth. you said you no longer commented on scottsville topics, when you did so tonight. you pretend to be kind and tonight on this topic, you refered to a person as being stupid for posting. that person had not typed one word to you. you try to be a wize azz and don't know how.
A Hant

Leitchfield, KY

#67039 Aug 13, 2012
Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, heck. I'll bite just this once. I love her, and I love you too.:)
garsh, you're making me blush. lol.

“SHAKE IT UP”

Since: Jan 11

Fort Myers Fla/London Ky

#67040 Aug 13, 2012
What a time to look in on the fruity nut cluster's bird topic.....
Peace fruity pants in person! You are a real piece of work. A masterpiece that is.
Good to see you girl. There has to be something special in this bunch hanging around here.
If they could love me ....they could love Alfred Hitchcock. That made me think of your song.
And Peace...LOVE the name! Goodnight ladies and germs. Surgery clinicals tomorrow, pray for the patient!!!! Oh Lord! Pray hard. LOL

“SHAKE IT UP”

Since: Jan 11

Fort Myers Fla/London Ky

#67041 Aug 13, 2012
A Hant wrote:
<quoted text>
garsh, you're making me blush. lol.
She's something special. Go carefully, or she'll turn you all nice.
Right Peace ;)
Night
Abeliever

Nashville, TN

#67042 Aug 13, 2012
Hey Shakesoda, so happy to see you too. We are very proud of you and thanks for telling them like it is about our special "Peace". Good luck on the surgery clinicals tomorrow. We do LOVE you. Goodnight to you too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salyersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 15 min Cowboy 7,410
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,564
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min SistaNoneYa 131,119
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Crazy Jae 1,075
Vote Buying Already Oh No Not Again 2 hr Heard the same thing 9
rich scott's up mashfork 2 hr Yes I do 4
tim salyers aka snowball (Mar '10) 5 hr friend of a friend 44
Salyersville Dating
Find my Match

Salyersville Jobs

Salyersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Salyersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salyersville

Personal Finance