Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#1 Jan 25, 2011
most gossip is just rumors,check out the information you hear before spreading it around.
yeh

Knoxville, TN

#2 Jan 25, 2011
you said it. i'm glad someone out there has some sense
jeepers

Antioch, TN

#3 Jan 29, 2011
OH BOY! Everybody loves gossip. Abstract art defines it perfectly, women around a quilting frame, to look at it afar, it's the face of the devil. The name of the painting is "GOSSIP". The artist who did the abstract paintings had one "VANITY" It was a young lady looking at herself in a looking glass. At a distance, it looked like a skull. Can anybody tell me who th e artist was? Just can't remember his name. Think the last name was Allen.
art lover

United States

#4 Jan 30, 2011
jeepers wrote:
OH BOY! Everybody loves gossip. Abstract art defines it perfectly, women around a quilting frame, to look at it afar, it's the face of the devil. The name of the painting is "GOSSIP". The artist who did the abstract paintings had one "VANITY" It was a young lady looking at herself in a looking glass. At a distance, it looked like a skull. Can anybody tell me who th e artist was? Just can't remember his name. Think the last name was Allen.
Gossip is by George Wotherspoon. Vanity is by Charles Allen Gillbert.
art lover

United States

#5 Jan 30, 2011
George Wortherspoon also had a painting called Society with a well dressed important man... or is he just a jackass...
Jeepers

Antioch, TN

#6 Jan 31, 2011
art lover wrote:
George Wortherspoon also had a painting called Society with a well dressed important man... or is he just a jackass...
Thanks for the information. I'll be looking forward to looking up the one on society, never seen it. Been a long time since I saw the pictures, or heard the names in years, again thanks for the information.
Jeepers

Antioch, TN

#7 Jan 31, 2011
My grandmother had a saying about gossip. You can lock a thief out, or get your material possessions back, but a liar, he is more dangerous than a thief, he can take your life from you, and destroy what you have worked a lifetime to build--your character. Most people who lie will steal.
Jeepers

Antioch, TN

#8 Jan 31, 2011
There are two kinds of liars. One is the good old liar that's known for it.(nobody pays attention) and there is the dangerous liar(the one who tells the truth so much, that when he tells a lie people will believe him.) Gossip is about rumors and lies.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#9 Jan 31, 2011
Jeepers wrote:
My grandmother had a saying about gossip. You can lock a thief out, or get your material possessions back, but a liar, he is more dangerous than a thief, he can take your life from you, and destroy what you have worked a lifetime to build--your character. Most people who lie will steal.
Well said,I would rather look down the barrel of a loaded gun with a psycho behind it than have to cope with a liar,but their day will come what goes around comes around.
CONFUSED

Martinsville, VA

#10 Feb 3, 2011
I QUIT!
duhduh

Antioch, TN

#11 Feb 8, 2011
My children took care of my money
My neighbors took care of my business
I survived the children
Lived long enough to bury most of my neighbors
I've had so much freedon without worry, that I may outlive the grandchildren.so much for the affects of gossip.
duhduh

Antioch, TN

#12 Feb 8, 2011
CONFUSED wrote:
I QUIT!
Please don't give up now, we could talk mean to or about somebody yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saltville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who 9 min iknow 2
the new black guy on azalea drive 51 min Willie Nelson 17
Who is the hottest guy in smyth co? 9 hr amer 7
Did Katlin Shelton get prego on purpose? 9 hr Sara 3
Toni Heath Hamm 11 hr nightmare 1
Stubborn 13 hr sympathy 4
Chief Hall! Sep 17 Andy Griffith 7
•••
•••
•••