Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

Judged:

Today my dogs were out in there own front yard to use the bathroom and my nieghbors black dog came in my yard and grabbed my 13 year old healthy poodle in its mouth took it over to its house and ripped her guts out. We took her to highlands with no money. They tried to help her and the animal league of Washington donated 100 bucks and so that my angel that i had for 13 years could atleast have the xrays to make sure she would beable to have surgery. yes she was old but she was my companion a part of me for many many years well the loose mut took her from me today. and the man told eddie he couldnt and wouldnt pay the bill and the deputys said all they could was fine him i live in a trailer with one car he lives in a 2 story house with 2 new vehicles. Well the big topper is he has been told several times to tie his dog up and he doesnt told hubby my dogs have been in his yard that is total bs mine have never left our yard and we are there watching them. SO I ASK ANY CITIZEN IN SALTVILLE SPECIALLY POOR VALLEY ROAD WHAT GOOD IS THE LEASH LAW WHY PAY TAXES FOR USELESS LAWS THIS CITUATION I AM GOING THROUGH IS WRONG. FEATHER LEIGH CHESSER REST IN PEACE GIRL WE LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOU I CANT REMEBER THE TEARS I HAVE CRIED WITH YOU.

Since: Apr 09

Saltville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2010

Judged:

My advice....shoot your neighbors dog!!!
Or everytime it comes in your yard call the law and say it tried to attack you.
Or since it is your yard and you are tring to control "pest' problems inform your neighbor politly that you have put decon baited hamburger meat all over your property and you "sincerly hope his dog don't trsspass and eat it as that would just be awefull"
or maybe just sringing his doorbell and slapping the living crap out of him when he answers might make you feel better also.
saltville

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Judged:

if the cops and animal control won't do anything, and since your neighbor is such a prick i would shoot the dog too. all you have to say is that you kept telling him to tie it up because it kept coming at you, it tried to attack you and you had no choice but to shoot it. one way to get rid of the dog is to soak a sponge in bacon grease then wrap a rubber band around it until it is small, freeze it, and when it is froze throw it to you neighbors dog. after the dog eats it and the sponge thaws and expands you won't have to worry about it anymore.

I'm sorry for you loss. the same thing happened to me a few years ago and i did shoot the dog. i told the police that he was coming after my kids and i had no choice, and there was no questoins asked.
Amy M Hart

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

happy trails wrote:
Today my dogs were out in there own front yard to use the bathroom and my nieghbors black dog came in my yard and grabbed my 13 year old healthy poodle in its mouth took it over to its house and ripped her guts out. We took her to highlands with no money. They tried to help her and the animal league of Washington donated 100 bucks and so that my angel that i had for 13 years could atleast have the xrays to make sure she would beable to have surgery. yes she was old but she was my companion a part of me for many many years well the loose mut took her from me today. and the man told eddie he couldnt and wouldnt pay the bill and the deputys said all they could was fine him i live in a trailer with one car he lives in a 2 story house with 2 new vehicles. Well the big topper is he has been told several times to tie his dog up and he doesnt told hubby my dogs have been in his yard that is total bs mine have never left our yard and we are there watching them. SO I ASK ANY CITIZEN IN SALTVILLE SPECIALLY POOR VALLEY ROAD WHAT GOOD IS THE LEASH LAW WHY PAY TAXES FOR USELESS LAWS THIS CITUATION I AM GOING THROUGH IS WRONG. FEATHER LEIGH CHESSER REST IN PEACE GIRL WE LOVE YOU AND WILL MISS YOU I CANT REMEBER THE TEARS I HAVE CRIED WITH YOU.
Hey D - just taking a minute outta my day to rest, but just saw this & I am really sorry to hear about your dog. Maybe if that happened to that guy's dog, he'd re-think his decision. I'd been thinking of getting rid of my chihuahua, but had no idea who I would want to have her that would take care of her good, forgot about you. So if I do end up giving her away, you'll be the first in mind, I mean that is if you would want her. I know you treat yours well! Ok, well I'll yell at ya sometime girl, take it easy!!
happy trails

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2010

Thank you Amy, I am interested so let me know . My girls are so spoiled they even have there own dog jackets and when it was cold feather would go over too them and try to get hers down and i had to put it on her then she would go out. love ya Amy
happy trails

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2010

Judged:

First things first:
TO THE ONES THAT UNDERSTAND I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR KIND WORDS THANK YOU.
Well heres the just of my dog being mauled and eventually had to be put down due to the incident. They said they would pay vet bill but now recoup any loss.. But in the Statues of the state of virginia. When we take it to the majistraite in washington county they the owners of the dog that grabbed my feather out of my yard and mauled her are responcible for all bills and loss of my feather. So tonite and tomorrow I am getting all my vet bills from this and the autopsy results and a statement from vhc in Abingdon Husband is going to the majistrait to get the proper papers to file on this so if anyone has a suggestion please let me know. All they lady kept saying is we have lived here for over 11 years and nuthing like this has ever happened i said i had my feather for over 13 years and she has never caused a problem with anyone or anything and she didnt even have all her k-9s to defend herself that is why we always go out when she goes to bathroom. Thanks just mainly sending an update.
Feather angel we miss you and love you soooooo much and you will never be forgotten ever

and Btw who is spreading lies about my business in saltville I will give you reason to then next time. so if you dont know me keep your mouths shut. My animals have never done any harm to anyone nor anything since the time I have had them.
and to the man that is so self righteous that says my dogs have been in his yard (the bad dogs owner)my dogs never have even left my yard since I moved here in Nov. 09.If someone has a problem with me just ask one of the Sadie Mitchells kids they all know me and they will tell you I am a very generous good hearted person I never start nuthing nor do I back down. So ppl of saltville I know that you all cant feel our pain of looseing a member of our family but please to the one that told the owner of the bad dog that we are sueing for millions is a flat out lie and shouldnt tell lies about a family that you DONT KNOW what kind of a family they are I have never sued anyone in the past and had never planned to ever. LMao millions of dollars yeah right what a bs statement for that to have been said. All I want is recovery of the cost and replacement of feather I even told the owner that so I am not hiding nothing. Yes Amy I do take very very good care of my girls they are all spoiled and heck they now wont even go out unless Eddie takes them out and stays right next to Daisy. He just said that as soon as the Big dogs started barking from out back she ran up the back steps and tried to claw the back door open. LOL no trauma yeah right.
citizen

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

I am sorry for your loss! With that said, I am sure that these people did not intend for their dog to hurt your dog, and just because their dog hurt your dog, does not make them bad people. There are always 2 sides to every story. And for people to be on here telling how to kill an animal is just sick. I hat that this happened to both parties! How do you all know that the owners are bad people, and that they are not terribly sorry for what happpened, you don't, you don't even know them.
happy trails

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2010

Judged:

Well ok not bad ppl but irresponsable cause in Washington County Va there is a lease law and all pet owners are to contain and have control of there animals at all times. Sorry if this bothers ppl but it is the law and I follow the pet owners laws and I dont want the dog killed and I dont believe I said that in any post. Thank you for your sympathy. My dog was in her yard where we pay our rent each and every month to a very good landlord and the only problem we have had has been the dog that viciously killed feather and a black and tan which seems to be contained now since it has different owners and to be perfectly blunt feather was peeing outside where she has been trained to do wasnt bothering no one just making the grass greener. I have the state statue on pet owners here and the laws for persons that have had there dogs attacked if anyone has a problem i can email you the link too it. Thanks all but it still isnt easy living day to day with your best friend for over 13 years buried in the ground where she doesnt BELONG.
concerned

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

I agree with citizen. These people haven't gotten to tell their side of the story, and besides that what does it matter if they have a 2 story house? That has nothing to do with what is a tragic accident. Unfortunately, this happens everyday, an animal kills another animal. Maybe the dog didn't mean to kill your dog, it could have been playing, and with your dog being a poodle, it got hurt where it wouldn't have hurt a bigger dog. Don't get me wrong, I am very sorry that you lost your dog!! I think it is horrible, but don't talk about these people on here, go talk to them! Do they even know that they are on topixs?
happy trails

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Hey I dont know what you have heard about this but myself, my husband and the man that owned the dog all witnessed it. I dont understand why I am being bashed on here. How can the owner have anyother story to tell he was there he saw the same thing as we did. His dog came over the highway to my yard and grabbed my poodle up at the midsection. Shook her then with feather in her mouth she ran across the highway shaking her and did the same thing in her yard. There was no playing it was an attack pure and simple. This is so mean of ppl saying these kind of things THERE ARE LEASH LAWS IN WASHINGTON COUNTY THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE OBAYED THAT THE JUST OF THIS THE DOG WASNT TIED OR BEING CONTAINED END OF STORY.
concerned

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

I haven't heard anything about this, just read this. There is no need to get so upset at someone voicing an opinion. That is what topix is, and I am not bashing anyone! Don't even know who you are!
dawglvr

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

saltville wrote:
if the cops and animal control won't do anything, and since your neighbor is such a prick i would shoot the dog too. all you have to say is that you kept telling him to tie it up because it kept coming at you, it tried to attack you and you had no choice but to shoot it. one way to get rid of the dog is to soak a sponge in bacon grease then wrap a rubber band around it until it is small, freeze it, and when it is froze throw it to you neighbors dog. after the dog eats it and the sponge thaws and expands you won't have to worry about it anymore.
I'm sorry for you loss. the same thing happened to me a few years ago and i did shoot the dog. i told the police that he was coming after my kids and i had no choice, and there was no questoins asked.
Closed-minded/Simple/minded people! It's stupidity like this that make us "Appalachian folk" look like hillbillies!!
You have only heard ONE side to this story but you seem so quick to tell someone to SHOOT and animal. I'm absolutely appalled!!
This is the first time I've been to "Saltville Topix" and am, at this moment, embarrased that I am from Saltville.
Grow up or get a little education. We teach our children not to be judgemental and here are you "supposed" adults acting like 2 yr. old!
You should be ashamed of yourselves! Get the entire story before you jump to conclusions!!!
dawglvr

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

wrathchild3777 wrote:
My advice....shoot your neighbors dog!!!
Or everytime it comes in your yard call the law and say it tried to attack you.
Or since it is your yard and you are tring to control "pest' problems inform your neighbor politly that you have put decon baited hamburger meat all over your property and you "sincerly hope his dog don't trsspass and eat it as that would just be awefull"
or maybe just sringing his doorbell and slapping the living crap out of him when he answers might make you feel better also.
Closed-minded/Simple/minded people! It's stupidity like this that make us "Appalachian folk" look like hillbillies!!
You have only heard ONE side to this story but you seem so quick to tell someone to SHOOT and animal. I'm absolutely appalled!!
This is the first time I've been to "Saltville Topix" and am, at this moment, embarrased that I am from Saltville.
Grow up or get a little education. We teach our children not to be judgemental and here are you "supposed" adults acting like 2 yr. old!
You should be ashamed of yourselves! Get the entire story before you jump to conclusions!!!
lurker

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

happy trails wrote:
First things first:
TO THE ONES THAT UNDERSTAND I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL YOUR KIND WORDS THANK YOU.
Well heres the just of my dog being mauled and eventually had to be put down due to the incident. They said they would pay vet bill but now recoup any loss.. But in the Statues of the state of virginia. When we take it to the majistraite in washington county they the owners of the dog that grabbed my feather out of my yard and mauled her are responcible for all bills and loss of my feather. So tonite and tomorrow I am getting all my vet bills from this and the autopsy results and a statement from vhc in Abingdon Husband is going to the majistrait to get the proper papers to file on this so if anyone has a suggestion please let me know. All they lady kept saying is we have lived here for over 11 years and nuthing like this has ever happened i said i had my feather for over 13 years and she has never caused a problem with anyone or anything and she didnt even have all her k-9s to defend herself that is why we always go out when she goes to bathroom. Thanks just mainly sending an update.
Feather angel we miss you and love you soooooo much and you will never be forgotten ever
and Btw who is spreading lies about my business in saltville I will give you reason to then next time. so if you dont know me keep your mouths shut. My animals have never done any harm to anyone nor anything since the time I have had them.
and to the man that is so self righteous that says my dogs have been in his yard (the bad dogs owner)my dogs never have even left my yard since I moved here in Nov. 09.If someone has a problem with me just ask one of the Sadie Mitchells kids they all know me and they will tell you I am a very generous good hearted person I never start nuthing nor do I back down. So ppl of saltville I know that you all cant feel our pain of looseing a member of our family but please to the one that told the owner of the bad dog that we are sueing for millions is a flat out lie and shouldnt tell lies about a family that you DONT KNOW what kind of a family they are I have never sued anyone in the past and had never planned to ever. LMao millions of dollars yeah right what a bs statement for that to have been said. All I want is recovery of the cost and replacement of feather I even told the owner that so I am not hiding nothing. Yes Amy I do take very very good care of my girls they are all spoiled and heck they now wont even go out unless Eddie takes them out and stays right next to Daisy. He just said that as soon as the Big dogs started barking from out back she ran up the back steps and tried to claw the back door open. LOL no trauma yeah right.
This is a truely sad story. It's sad that you lost your beloved animal but I feel it is even sadder that you choose a "gosip forum" to air your dirty laundry. And you should learn to spell before attempting to write a novel.
Calling your neighbor names will not bring your dog back. I'm not sure what the fact that your neighbor lives in a 2 story house & you live in a trailor has to do with anything, but that will not bring your dog back. Calling your neighbor a "prick" will ,most certainly, not bring your dog back... etc.
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
Someone who can spell

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

To you non-educated morons who keep bashing that guy with the black dog, why don't you learn how to spell before you put stupid stuff on here for everyone to read! What's your education level - 3rd grade?
To the person who said to put decon in hamburger meat and spread it all over his yard - have you ever thought about the kids that might be playing in that yard - or do you have a brain? Do you have kids? Do want them poisoned? Would you like someone to ring your doorbell and slap the crap out of you for something you couldn't help? Good advice, genius! It's websites like this that bring out the ignorance in a lot of people.
To the people who lost their dog, if you can't afford a vet bill, you can't afford a dog. If you depend on others to pay your bills, get a job, or even better, an education and learn how to spell. Sounds like you need something to do besides bash your neighbors and spread stupid rumors about others. Maybe you should have kept your dog in the house if you felt threatened or if the black dog was coming into your yard. It is sad your dog got killed, but it sounds like you think your neighbors have money and you're hoping to cash in. Sick.
livedandlearned

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Someone who can spell wrote:
To you non-educated morons who keep bashing that guy with the black dog, why don't you learn how to spell before you put stupid stuff on here for everyone to read! What's your education level - 3rd grade?
To the person who said to put decon in hamburger meat and spread it all over his yard - have you ever thought about the kids that might be playing in that yard - or do you have a brain? Do you have kids? Do want them poisoned? Would you like someone to ring your doorbell and slap the crap out of you for something you couldn't help? Good advice, genius! It's websites like this that bring out the ignorance in a lot of people.
To the people who lost their dog, if you can't afford a vet bill, you can't afford a dog. If you depend on others to pay your bills, get a job, or even better, an education and learn how to spell. Sounds like you need something to do besides bash your neighbors and spread stupid rumors about others. Maybe you should have kept your dog in the house if you felt threatened or if the black dog was coming into your yard. It is sad your dog got killed, but it sounds like you think your neighbors have money and you're hoping to cash in. Sick.
Amen!!! My thoughts exactly!!
I work in the courthouse

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

That family with the black dog should sue their neighbors for slander.(Neighbors, if you don't know what "slander" means, look it up in a dic-tion-a-ry, if you own one!)
yes

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

I work in the courthouse wrote:
That family with the black dog should sue their neighbors for slander.(Neighbors, if you don't know what "slander" means, look it up in a dic-tion-a-ry, if you own one!)
Yes, sounds like you & the few post before DEFINATELY know this neighbor with the killing dog. I say shoot it!!!!!! And so would you if you were the one to lose a pet, don't say you wouldn't cuz you'd be lying!!!!!!!
I work in the courthouse

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

No, I don't know this guy, but I'd much rather know him than the trailer trash next door. Things like this need to be handled in a proper manner, not just shooting someone's pet. Why can't these people, and you, grow up and act like adults.
happy trails

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2010

Judged:

ECSURE THE HELL OUT OF ME FOR BEING HUMAN THE PERSON THAT HAS THE DOG DONT CARE WH Y SHOULD YOU ALL
please STOP BASHING ME I NOR EITHER ONE OF MY DOGS DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG. HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF IT WAS ONE OF YOUR BELOVED ANIMALS PUT YOURSELVES IN MY PLACE PLEASE TH OWNER OF THE DOG WAS THER HE SEEN IT AND I HAVE PICS FROM THE VET IF YOU WANT TO SEE THEM CONTACT ME I CAN MEET YOU ALL I WILL BE AT THE SHED AT A YARD SALE IN THE AM.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Saltville Forum right now

Search the Saltville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Doss- Halle Petree 3 hr amy 2
michelle and halle 3 hr bollt 1
Looking for a man late 40's name is Steve he is... 4 hr zeustoots 3
Dysfunction 15 hr Who 18
who is Michelle Davidson Jul 25 Joyce 1
who likes matt schmink aka bear Jul 24 just wondering 1
Getting rid of a child /man Jul 24 Fed Up 1
•••
•••