Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Jun 9, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Billy R

Eustis, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 28, 2014
 
I'm moving to Saltville in a couple of months is there a place to socialize and or meet people...
I'm single, 45 and would like to interact with healthy like-minded people...
Why Is It

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 28, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Don't do it!
Billy R

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 28, 2014
 
Why Is It wrote:
Don't do it!
Not really an option...
Billy R

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 28, 2014
 
Billy R wrote:
I'm moving to Saltville in a couple of months is there a place to socialize and or meet people...
I'm single, 45 and would like to interact with healthy like-minded people...
Anybody have input?
Brian

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 28, 2014
 
Not really any place to go meet anyone here n town you will need to look in Abingdon or Bristol maybe what r you looking for r you into m or f or maybe both
Why Is It

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 28, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

There is nothing in that place but hoes, snitches and drugs. Tho older people are ok but the young ones run all over everybody. One grocery store, a dollar store a subway and apizza plus that serves nasty food. DON"T DO IT!
Billy R

Ormond Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 28, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Brian...
Thank you, I've visited both Abingdon and Bristol, great towns...
I like women however would also like friends of either gender as well. I'm fairly progressive and love enjoying the outdoors, hiking, biking, fishing, not opposed to a beer or two in a pub, providing the company is congenial...
Any additional ideas / input from you or others...
Take care...
B
lol

Chilhowie, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 28, 2014
 

Judged:

1

go to sin city with a box of sudafed or a bottle of pills. you'll get plenty of girls
Billy R

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 29, 2014
 
Billy R wrote:
I'm moving to Saltville in a couple of months is there a place to socialize and or meet people...
I'm single, 45 and would like to interact with healthy like-minded people...
Can anyone in Saltville provide feedback on positive things to do in and around your beautiful community...

No need to talk about Sudafed and pills...

SW, VA is one of the most beautiful areas in the country, surely there are healthy things to do and people to meet?

Any input is greatly appreciated...

Since: Nov 13

Neptune

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You'll be hooked on meth within a month or so. Yes ......Southwest VA is probably THE most beautiful place in the whole world for that matter...........but I'd bet even Cindy Crawford gets a big old boil on her ass every now and then. That's Saltvegas..........I know, I lived just up the road when I was young.
Panther

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Billy, if you are into outdoor activity's then you will like the Saltville area, plenty of oppertunitys to hike, bike, hunt, & fish (just don't eat the fish, high mercury content). Outside of that not much else to do in town. Saltville gets a bad rap, yes there is a drug problem but that is in anytown or city. Saltville sounds much worse than it is, small town with few jobs everyone knows everyone, gossip, it brings the whole town down. The town lacks growth, which now will most likely not happen to far gone. I hope i'm wrong about that. There are alot of good people still there. You will have to use common sense when meeting the people there, who to mixed up with and who not to. I think a good place for you to go to and meet some of the locals would be the Sportsman's Den. It is a hunting and fishing store in town ran by Jamie Lamie.
wonderfullife

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hahahahaha there is nothing positive about Saltville its nothing but a drug and wh*re infested town
Wrong Way Billy

Burlington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Saltville, VA is a great place to be if you are retired AND ceibate !

You Sir @ age 45 - are moving in the wrong direction !
Billy R

Clermont, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 29, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Panther wrote:
Billy, if you are into outdoor activity's then you will like the Saltville area, plenty of oppertunitys to hike, bike, hunt, & fish (just don't eat the fish, high mercury content). Outside of that not much else to do in town. Saltville gets a bad rap, yes there is a drug problem but that is in anytown or city. Saltville sounds much worse than it is, small town with few jobs everyone knows everyone, gossip, it brings the whole town down. The town lacks growth, which now will most likely not happen to far gone. I hope i'm wrong about that. There are alot of good people still there. You will have to use common sense when meeting the people there, who to mixed up with and who not to. I think a good place for you to go to and meet some of the locals would be the Sportsman's Den. It is a hunting and fishing store in town ran by Jamie Lamie.

Thank you Panther!!!!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 31, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Every county in the country has a particular area that is the butt of jokes. In Smyth County that area is Saltville.

Does Saltville deserve it? No more than any other area per se. Saltville, Poore Valley and Rich Valley are isolated from the rest of the county (the same can be said for Sugar Grove).

Saltville has developed it's own persona which goes back to the days of Olin when Saltville was independent from Smyth County. After Olin left (without cleaning their mess) Saltville more entered the fold of the county.

There are things to do such as hiking, golf, fishing, hunting and camping. There is history there, and I mean HISTORY just not about the Civil War either. It's a geologist dream an ancient stable rift valley that you don't have to go to Africa or Siberia to visit.

There are good people there and the services (Comcast, Century Link, APCO, etc.) are the same found throughout the area.

There is a Food Country, Dollar General, Subway, 3 drug stores and a good Chinese Restaurant (I've lived throughout the country and the New China Kitchen is a good place to eat) in Saltville.

Welcome to Smyth County and the Saltville area.
Billy R

Eustis, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 20, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Thank you Herbert...

Excellent info, really looking forward to the move...
Unfortunately it was pushed back a little as I have to finish up some business overseas first (work, arrrrr)...

Love history, hiking, fishing, exercise and anything eles outdoors...

Looking forward to meeting everyone and enjoying all that your fine community has to offer...

R,
Billy
Great and Awesome

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 3, 2014
 

Judged:

2

Billy, come join the fun. I love it here. Been here my whole life. Don't listen about the Drugs and things. I have lived here over 30 years. Never tried a drug, cigarette, or drink. So yeah there are good people! Great place to be!
bubba

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 3, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Great and Awesome wrote:
Billy, come join the fun. I love it here. Been here my whole life. Don't listen about the Drugs and things. I have lived here over 30 years. Never tried a drug, cigarette, or drink. So yeah there are good people! Great place to be!
you must be one of them Buckeye gays
Great and Awesome

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 4, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

bubba wrote:
<quoted text>you must be one of them Buckeye gays
Get a life bubba. Actually, I'm from town, genius. You don't have to go to church to not try drugs and alcohol. Some people have morals, maybe you should try it sometime. I have just seen too many people affected by those things to want to do them. Friends have died and family affected so don't go off calling everyone in Saltville druggies or whatever. And I am about sick of people putting people down just because of the community they live in. Whether it is Henrytown, Govn't Plant, Buckeye, Edgewood, the golf course,Cardwelltown, poor valley, Pleasant Heights or wherever instead of pointing fingers at everyone in town, look in your own dang mirror and see the one you need to point a finger at. Each community has wonderful people and people like you living in each one. The good and the bad.
bubba

Glade Spring, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jun 5, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Great and Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life bubba. Actually, I'm from town, genius. You don't have to go to church to not try drugs and alcohol. Some people have morals, maybe you should try it sometime. I have just seen too many people affected by those things to want to do them. Friends have died and family affected so don't go off calling everyone in Saltville druggies or whatever. And I am about sick of people putting people down just because of the community they live in. Whether it is Henrytown, Govn't Plant, Buckeye, Edgewood, the golf course,Cardwelltown, poor valley, Pleasant Heights or wherever instead of pointing fingers at everyone in town, look in your own dang mirror and see the one you need to point a finger at. Each community has wonderful people and people like you living in each one. The good and the bad.
I look in the mirror while I'm banging your granny.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Saltville Forum right now

Search the Saltville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Michelle Doss- Halle Petree 10 hr amy 2
michelle and halle 10 hr bollt 1
Looking for a man late 40's name is Steve he is... 11 hr zeustoots 3
Dysfunction 23 hr Who 18
who is Michelle Davidson Jul 25 Joyce 1
who likes matt schmink aka bear Jul 24 just wondering 1
Getting rid of a child /man Jul 24 Fed Up 1
•••
•••
•••
Saltville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Saltville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Saltville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Saltville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Saltville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••