Who says Mormons aren't Christians?

Oct 12, 2011 Full story: CNN 32,004

Editor's note: Dean Obeidallah is an award-winning comedian who has appeared on TV shows such as Comedy Central's "Axis of Evil" special, ABC's "The View," CNN's "What the Week" and HLN's "The Joy Behar Show." He is executive producer of the annual New York Arab-American Comedy Festival and the Amman Stand Up Comedy Festival.

Full Story

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#8046 May 20, 2012
livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question is one of bigotry, lack of knowledge, and contempt. First off, I belong to a Church, not a cult. When you can stop using offensive terminology, I'll be happy to answer. My guess is you won't. Why? Because you're here to push your one sided, liberal agenda of bigotry and hate. I'm not the only one who knows this and refuses to take you seriously.
That's what I thought....u can't answer it
livinginthelando fcrazy

West Plains, MO

#8047 May 20, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>That's what I thought....u can't answer it
I can answer. I guess you can't read due to you being blind from bigotry and hate.

“Too much LDS in the 60's”

Since: Sep 10

Marysville, CA

#8048 May 20, 2012
livinginthelandofcrazy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can answer. I guess you can't read due to you being blind from bigotry and hate.
But there is true in her statement despite any bigotry and hate. If a gay male member legally got married to another man he would be excommunicated immediately. Plain and simple. The only homosexuals they so-call accept are the ones that remain single and non-dating. They have to be dedicated to a life without love unlike the single straight members. That isn't love or acceptance, that is denying them what God made them to be.

Marysville, CA

#8049 May 20, 2012
*there is truth...

Location hidden

#8050 May 20, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
*there is truth...
Did they boot out the mixed race couples too?

Location hidden

#8051 May 20, 2012
...before 1978.

Marysville, CA

#8052 May 20, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they boot out the mixed race couples too?
They couldn't legally get married in Utah until 1963. They certainly wouldn't be allowed to get sealed in the temple.

Brigham Young said, "Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot..."

and

"If they [a mixed race couple] were far away from the gentiles they would all [have] to be killed -- when they mingle seed it is death to all. If a black man & white woman come to you & demand baptism can you deny them? The law is their seed shall not be amalgamated. Mulattoes [are] like mules they can't have children, but if they will be eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven's sake,"

Location hidden

#8053 May 20, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
They couldn't legally get married in Utah until 1963. They certainly wouldn't be allowed to get sealed in the temple.
Brigham Young said, "Shall I tell you the law of God in regard to the African race? If the white man who belongs to the chosen seed mixes his blood with the seed of Cain, the penalty, under the law of God, is death on the spot..."
and
"If they [a mixed race couple] were far away from the gentiles they would all [have] to be killed -- when they mingle seed it is death to all. If a black man & white woman come to you & demand baptism can you deny them? The law is their seed shall not be amalgamated. Mulattoes [are] like mules they can't have children, but if they will be eunuchs for the Kingdom of Heaven's sake,"
I was just reading that until the 1970's, any hospital with LDS affiliations kept black and white blood separate.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#8054 May 20, 2012
Bonus hunter wrote:
Mormons didn't create negative feelings toward gays. Society did. And rightfully so. Telling children to act out on how they feel sexually is dangerous. The gay community wants this so they have more choices for the perversion that they claim to be "natural".
Another sick in the head Mormon.

Location hidden

#8055 May 20, 2012
http://www.mormoncurtain.com/topic_racism.htm...

"Why Mormon Racism Is Worse Than Most
Original Author(s): Anonymous
MORMON RACISM
No matter how you look at it, racism is awful, but the Mormon church has taken it to a new level.

What makes Mormon church's racism so awful are the following two points.

They justified racism in the name of God.
They still refuse to apologize."

Location hidden

#8056 May 20, 2012
Mormons are ANTI-Christian.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#8057 May 20, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm...I have no desire to get along with u better conversationally.
lol...you express no desire to get along with about about 90% of the posters here and in other threads I have noted from there replies to you. So it's a surprise to me, that you would actually state something that's an actual fact of yourself and your anti-social behavior, you so well demonstrate daily in these threads you have :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#8058 May 20, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't deny that there are homophobic parents in the LDS church. The teachings of Mormonism are homophobic. Packer in a talk told about knocking one down. Hell, one of you prophets talked about masturbation leading to homosexuality. All the Mormons here need to stop playing silly ass words games and face the truth. The issue isn't you personally, it's your church's teachings.
This is where you're playing up your stupid self as usual. The LDS church is anti-homosexual as they're anti-adultery and anti-premarital sex, etc. But your consistent willful ignorant stupidity won't allow you to know the difference between the words "anti" and "fearful". So I spelled it out for you in the most basic way I could. Do you understand the difference?
The LDS church has "anti" stances. Now of many LDS parents like many non-LDS parents you would be correct, that they are "fearful" or homophobic of a child they hope would marry and have children turns out to be homosexual. Get the difference?

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#8059 May 20, 2012
Dana Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
You playing f**king words games all the time and think it is clever or cute. Why don't you have a straight conversation instead of jerking off all the time.
As usual, NoMo's response had nothing to do with what I had wrote. And you stick up for her? Aren't you her knight in shining armor :)

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#8060 May 20, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer it. A homosexual that denies them self their real attraction and that's in a heterosexual marriage in the LDS church and is a active Mormon remains that. Not a tough thing to figure out.

“Good day to you!”

Earth

#8061 May 20, 2012
NoMo wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, if you're speaking of a homosexual that's an active LDS member who then marries another same sex person, they would be given the chance to stop the relationship and obey the commands as everyone else. If they won't, then yes of course they would be either disfellowshiped or excommunicated.
Bonus hunter

Salt Lake City, UT

#8062 May 20, 2012
You can explain anti to the gay community but they will always view it as hate because they have zero accountability for actions only they can make.
I had a gay man say to my face that I am a bigot and should rot in hell while I was walking home from church . Never met him in my life. He stopped his car and proceeded to walk toward me in a confrontational manner. I broke his jaw. I was charged with a hate crime......was not convicted. He denied everything and said I provoked him into getting out of his car. Real believable I know. I would do it again. The gay community hates Mormons. I just like to ruin the agenda that they and there friends love to push to the liberal media. Look in the mirror next time you think you call someone a bigot. You will see one staring at you.
Badsis

Cincinnati, OH

#8063 May 20, 2012
Mormons are only "Christians" by proxy. The Qur'an and the Christian Bible was an expansion and edited work of the Jewish Tanakh. The Book of Mormon is a many times edited expansion of the Christian Bible. Calling a Mormon a Christian is not much different then calling a Christian or a Muslim a Jew. There are a lot of commonalities but a few big differences that drive a wedge.
Patrick

South Jordan, UT

#8064 May 21, 2012
not ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>DO you now the definition of a cult??
If you don't know the meaning of the word cult, it's sad on your part, and it tells me that you have a lot to learn..
Patrick

South Jordan, UT

#8065 May 21, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand, if you're speaking of a homosexual that's an active LDS member who then marries another same sex person, they would be given the chance to stop the relationship and obey the commands as everyone else. If they won't, then yes of course they would be either disfellowshiped or excommunicated.
And that will be the best thing for that person to be excommunicated.. The LDS is bullshit and that person will be able to live a free life with out bullshit...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LDS Apostle visited Tonga (Feb '14) 2 min raider4life 19,919
Mormons carry a few more pounds (Feb '06) 5 hr Ishbal Ulk 300
Is Ebay's Declining Reputation Scaring Buyers A... (Oct '13) 13 hr SellerBacklash 7
Looking for a girl friend (May '07) Oct 28 demar dubidad 790
where my Norte partnaz Oct 27 Delano ca WsDN 1
Mormons: Founder had a teen bride Oct 26 DaddyB 1
Entertainment is a Diet of Decadence in The War... Oct 26 Culture Auditor 1
Salt Lake City Dating
Find my Match

Salt Lake City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Salt Lake City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salt Lake City

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]