Posted in the Salina Forum

Since: Aug 08

York, NE

#1 Aug 2, 2008
hope you all like my pictures
Salina Mom

Wichita, KS

#2 Oct 4, 2008
I a not up to par in the Salina history can you please tell me where this building was located at or if it still exists?
Salina Mom

Wichita, KS

#3 Oct 4, 2008
ops did not see the "gone now how sad" but would like to know where it used to be located at and what year was the pic taken?
sir gallahad

York, NE

#4 Oct 25, 2008
Salina Mom wrote:
ops did not see the "gone now how sad" but would like to know where it used to be located at and what year was the pic taken?
THAT BUILDING USED TO BE WHERE THE PARKING LOT IS NEXT TO THE OLD POST OFFICE ON IRON AND 7TH SO/WEST CORNER..........
Pam

Wichita, KS

#5 Nov 7, 2008
It's so sad that we don't know what we have till it's gone. If we still had all the buildings we have torn down in the city of Salina, we wouldn't have to work so hard to bring people to downtown. Historical buildings are always a draw. It's too bad all those beautiful buildings are only in pictures now.
Vet

Phoenix, AZ

#6 Jan 20, 2009
Looks like a cool design, like a British school from a Harry Potter movie. Now it's a parking lot? Bummer.
Angela

Andover, KS

#7 Aug 7, 2010
The building was established back in 1903 and it was on the corner of Ash and Santa Fe.
Carpenter Aunt

United States

#8 Aug 9, 2010
Angela wrote:
The building was established back in 1903 and it was on the corner of Ash and Santa Fe.
"Established?" Maybe you meant to say "built" or "completed" or "constructed"?
HeyJude

Abilene, KS

#10 Jan 4, 2011
Beautiful building....I agree it's sad we don't take care of what we have already.
Roscoe

Salina, KS

#11 Oct 6, 2011
Does anyone remember when Lynn and Vada Roscoe used to run the Eagle Grill at Pacific and Santa Fe?
Progress

Phoenix, AZ

#12 Oct 12, 2011
Vet wrote:
Looks like a cool design, like a British school from a Harry Potter movie. Now it's a parking lot? Bummer.
Some of those old red brick buildings cracked and crumbled from the cold and rain and freezing temperatures.

Here's how it worked. First you get rain that saturates the red bricks and mortar. Then at night there's a freeze and the water expands inside the bricks and mortar. The next day the sun comes out and the ice melts, leaving tiny cracks. Repeat this for days and years and eventually the structure begins to crumble and fall apart from the outside.

Loose bricks fall and people complain about getting hit on their heads. They file lawsuits and the building owners decide it's cheaper to tear down and make it a parking lot than to pay millions in lawsuits. That's how it goes in the real world of Kansas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cattle prices could lead to thefts Dec 10 Beth hanson 1
Jack Edward Urbanek Dec 8 infofinder 1
Woman named Christi ??? In salina spreading HIV Dec 5 Mistermizer 1
Pedophiles in Salina (Aug '09) Oct '14 laughing_spider 11
Filipinos in salina Oct '14 Jjmedina 1
Salina Music Selection (Sep '12) Oct '14 Musikologist 10
Review: Pioneer Presidents Place Oct '14 Louise 1
Salina Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Salina People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Salina News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Salina

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:25 pm PST

NBC Sports 4:25PM
Will St. Louis' defense shut down Eli Manning?
Bleacher Report 4:54 PM
Previewing Giants vs. Rams
Bleacher Report 8:44 PM
Complete Week 16 Preview for New York
Bleacher Report 4:32 AM
Chiefs' Week 16 Preview vs. Steelers
Bleacher Report10:58 AM
Polamalu (Knee) Likely to Sit Sunday