Salina Mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

I a not up to par in the Salina history can you please tell me where this building was located at or if it still exists?
Salina Mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2008

ops did not see the "gone now how sad" but would like to know where it used to be located at and what year was the pic taken?
sir gallahad

York, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2008

Salina Mom wrote:
ops did not see the "gone now how sad" but would like to know where it used to be located at and what year was the pic taken?
THAT BUILDING USED TO BE WHERE THE PARKING LOT IS NEXT TO THE OLD POST OFFICE ON IRON AND 7TH SO/WEST CORNER..........
Pam

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2008

It's so sad that we don't know what we have till it's gone. If we still had all the buildings we have torn down in the city of Salina, we wouldn't have to work so hard to bring people to downtown. Historical buildings are always a draw. It's too bad all those beautiful buildings are only in pictures now.
Vet

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2009

Looks like a cool design, like a British school from a Harry Potter movie. Now it's a parking lot? Bummer.
Angela

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2010

The building was established back in 1903 and it was on the corner of Ash and Santa Fe.
Carpenter Aunt

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2010

Angela wrote:
The building was established back in 1903 and it was on the corner of Ash and Santa Fe.
"Established?" Maybe you meant to say "built" or "completed" or "constructed"?
HeyJude

Abilene, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful building....I agree it's sad we don't take care of what we have already.
Roscoe

Salina, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2011

Does anyone remember when Lynn and Vada Roscoe used to run the Eagle Grill at Pacific and Santa Fe?
Progress

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

Vet wrote:
Looks like a cool design, like a British school from a Harry Potter movie. Now it's a parking lot? Bummer.
Some of those old red brick buildings cracked and crumbled from the cold and rain and freezing temperatures.

Here's how it worked. First you get rain that saturates the red bricks and mortar. Then at night there's a freeze and the water expands inside the bricks and mortar. The next day the sun comes out and the ice melts, leaving tiny cracks. Repeat this for days and years and eventually the structure begins to crumble and fall apart from the outside.

Loose bricks fall and people complain about getting hit on their heads. They file lawsuits and the building owners decide it's cheaper to tear down and make it a parking lot than to pay millions in lawsuits. That's how it goes in the real world of Kansas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Salina Discussions

Search the Salina Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) 11 hr jeffry helms 5,739
Debate: Marijuana - Salina, KS (Aug '10) Apr 10 mary jane 52
more on McPherson KS Pedophiles Apr 6 MASTER TECHS 2
Vietnam Veterans of America host Agent Orange t... Mar 27 Rufus Khan 3
Do you like your mail delivery? (Dec '11) Mar 18 J Oshea 6
KS Kansas Voting Disqualification Amendment - Ment... (Oct '10) Feb '14 Modern Human 199
Review: Relaxing Massages by Ruby (Sep '11) Feb '14 wth 24
•••
•••
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••