Frank

Washburn, TN

#1 Mar 13, 2011
Whats up with all the street side signs advertising the paper? They are in Morristown, Jefferson City, Dandridge and Knoxville. Also, I have noticed that the signs only say Today. Are they trying to futher, broaden their span by dropping the name Grainger so they can cover more ground?
Queen

AOL

#2 Mar 13, 2011
I think the signs are to get people thinking about the paper. They must have spent a pretty penny on all of them.
It's a fairly good small paper.
businessman

Washburn, TN

#3 Mar 13, 2011
I think it's pretty slick how they put the most popular county business up for a vote by the citizens then pressure the winners to take out an expensive add in the paper to thank everyone. Talk about being proactive with your marketing.
signs

Washburn, TN

#4 Mar 13, 2011
I think the signs are VERY tacky and unprofessional!!
ordiance

Morristown, TN

#5 Mar 13, 2011
The City of Bean Station has a ordiance no signs on right away.What are you goning to do about mayor Wolfe?
question

Morristown, TN

#6 Mar 13, 2011
ordiance wrote:
The City of Bean Station has a ordiance no signs on right away.What are you goning to do about mayor Wolfe?
This is about the dumbest, most moronic, uneducated, ignorant post I've seen. Makes no sense. What is a "goning"? Did anyone say the signs were on the right of way in the City of Bean Station? No wonder so many of the kids are dumb...it's inherited!
Mayor

Morristown, TN

#7 Mar 13, 2011
question wrote:
<quoted text>
This is about the dumbest, most moronic, uneducated, ignorant post I've seen. Makes no sense. What is a "goning"? Did anyone say the signs were on the right of way in the City of Bean Station? No wonder so many of the kids are dumb...it's inherited!
Another childish responder, oh well Bean Station is screwed any way!
lawyer

Morristown, TN

#8 Mar 13, 2011
As for the Grainger Today that editor is a complete idiot. And for the paper it's goinng down hill every week. Guess it's a fact all media want's to do is run the community down and the people in it.I'm really saddened by the direction the paper has gone use to be a good paper. Also the editor's concern with sewer,he is pro sewer. Dude stick to what you barely can do try, run this dying paper it sucks any more.
pics

United States

#9 Mar 14, 2011
You should have seen the picture of out old sheriff in there it was on line I was lmao
Larry

Washburn, TN

#10 Mar 14, 2011
Nothing against our good friends up in Hawkins Co. but I really resent having to share a paper with another county. I will agree the the lawyer a good small county paper is a lot like a good county politician they should both represent and build up the comunity and the people in it without having their own agenda. The bigest mistake this paper made was jumping into the corner of the northern imigrant and riding that wave of opinion in the face of our native people. Now, many of the natives are begining to resent this publication and refusing to buy it. Most say they had rather have no paper as to have their county and the people in it represented in this manor.
editor is a loser

Morristown, TN

#11 Mar 15, 2011
The paper started out pretty good knocking the Grainger Today out of business. Now all it has become is a soapbox for the editor to express his opinions and run down the county commissioners.

He don't even live in this county. No one ever gets to write an article except him. And whats up with three the losers that have nothing else better to do with thier time except write editorials in the paper EVERY WEEK! It's the same two or three crying about the same thing over and over again.

I wouldn't waste my 50 cents to buy it.
Betty

Washburn, TN

#12 Mar 15, 2011
The add section is so cluttered you can't even find your own add. The last time I placed an add it took me two weeks to find it and I was looking.
mossy oak

Morristown, TN

#13 Mar 16, 2011
I want the Grainger County News Paper back!!! I miss that paper!
noway

AOL

#14 Mar 16, 2011
that paper sucked,do you call too pages a paper?
Grainger today isn't any Better , all they do is advertise. we dont have any money to buy their Junk. what the Gas co dont get the Electric co does. piss on em.
paper

Washburn, TN

#15 Mar 17, 2011
I really wouldn't call it "Grainger" Today. I'd call it "Hawkins" Today!!!
home boy

Washburn, TN

#16 Mar 17, 2011
I say show them how Grainger politics really work. Shut the doors by not buying their paper. We natvies were here long before these outsiders came and we will be here long after.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutledge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 8 min Homewrecker Watch 149,185
Grainger Today needs to replace editor Tracy Wolfe 1 hr wrong 7
senior center in Rutledge 1 hr unknown 3
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr TheRealZeke 9,441
TN 16 Known Dead From Storms In Tennessee (Apr '11) 3 hr none 1,376
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 10 hr Calhoun 8,640
What is going on with EMS Director? Yankee and ... Mon HMMIC 8
•••
•••
•••

Rutledge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••