Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 | Posted by: Topix | Full story: www.cnn.com

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Comments
134,161 - 134,180 of 200,361 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Later today

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Bad dog awards are being given out later today.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Children have neen known to turn on their SS parents in a very brutal way. Don't be surpriesed it can happen to you, I hope it won't but I have seen it first hand
Was it your right hand?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, technically, you are right, god didn't clone Adam. Neither god nor Adam existed. How can an adult believe that Garden of Eden story? Do you believe Santa lives at the North Pole?
<quoted text>
Because you don't understand what DNA is.
I see, you understand DNA. You can comprehend that EACH cell's DNA is a mass of numbers that's 6' tall and is billions of numbers long. You get that.

Do you understand the humans did NOT invent DNA?? DO you understand that we merely discovered it, then called it deoxyribonucleic acid and then shortened it to DNA for morons like you?

Do you understand that science is in it's infant years regarding DNA?

Do you understand that God invented DNA & everything else?

If you're gonna tell me that God doesn't exist, then where did the super-complex DNA come from? Try.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
lol .. I'd love to fuck a Redneck and be a gay homo.
Keep shoppin! There's a sweet lil teenage redneck out there for you...

“Out and Proud”

Since: Dec 10

Concord, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I see, you understand DNA. You can comprehend that EACH cell's DNA is a mass of numbers that's 6' tall and is billions of numbers long. You get that.
Do you understand the humans did NOT invent DNA?? DO you understand that we merely discovered it, then called it deoxyribonucleic acid and then shortened it to DNA for morons like you?
If you're gonna tell me that God doesn't exist, then where did the super-complex DNA come from? Try.
DNA organisms probably developed from RNA organisms, which in turn developed from something else. What that "something else" might be is unknown, and may never be known. The descendants have pretty much taken over the biosphere and there isn't much left of earlier forms to be able to tell. It is virtually certain that scientists will be able to create some sort of life within the next hundred years or so. That will give some useful clues as to how it might have happened in the first place. There are three things on which scientists agree: it isn't necessary to suppose any sort of divine intervention to start things rolling; it would be a violation of the laws of physics if one did; and it is provably useless to suppose any such theory.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it your right hand?
What is your question you second classer?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So your imaginary friend invented DNA, eh? I'm SO sure you have proof for that ridiculous statement. Oh wait.... fundies don't need no stinking proof. I forgot. They'll believe ANYTHING, except for the facts.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your question you second classer?
Did it interefere with your masturbatory fantasies, Miss Thing?

Second class? hahahahahah Is that some lame attempt at boosting your self esteem? Honey, if you need to feel better about yourself, start with getting honest about your little secret.
Cool Hand Luke

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Gay ‘marriage’ in high demand? Not according to the U.S. census

Wed Oct 05, 2011 14:39 EST
Comments (2)

October 5, 2011 - The pressure to redefine marriage to include same-sex couples keeps increasing. The impression is given that thousands upon thousands of gays and lesbians are unable to do the one thing they want to do more than anything else: That is, have a wedding.

As if to prove the point, the US Census Bureau announced that it would be counting same-sex households in the 2010 Census. In August the Bureau announced that there are nearly a million. I was surprised by the small number.

But this past week, they reduced their estimate of same sex couple households by nearly thirty percent. In fact, it turns out that there are fewer than 650,000. That’s about six tenths of one percent of total US households.

But an even greater shocker for me was the number of same-sex married households. Gay marriage is legal in six jurisdictions. In Massachusetts, it’s been the law since 2004. Same-sex couples can get married, for example, in Massachusetts and Washington, DC, and live anywhere because nobody’s enforcing DOMA anymore in view of litigation. And yet there are only 131,729 households headed by married same-sex couples. That’s two-tenths of one percent of married households. Talk about the tail wagging the dog!

This census data exposes the two biggest myths created about gay marriage.

The first is that there’s a huge demand for it. No way! In fact, there’s hardly any demand at all. Gay couples are not lined up at city halls hoping for a marriage license.

The second myth is the so-called “marriage equity” argument: That this is just another civil rights movement. Are you going to tell me that it was possible to fuel the civil rights movement with 646,000 couples, when only 131,000 had a real stake in it? It’s laughable.

I have never believed that gays wanted to marry. Their behavior by its very nature is too promiscuous. Gay relationships are for the most part sexually open rather than exclusive.

For us to redefine marriage, thereby altering thousands of years of human history, ignoring all of the benefits marriage offers to individuals, cultures, civilizations and — above all — children, for the sake of 646,000 same-sex households, only 131,000 of which are married, is madness.

Gays and lesbians don’t want marriage; they want their sexual choices affirmed as normal and moral. And that’s what’s behind the blacklisting, boycotting, and suing anybody who even questions homosexuality. They don’t want anyone telling them that how they live is morally problematic. Gays are actively trying to destroy marriage and will take away our freedom of speech and religion in order to do it.

Does this take the church off the hook? No. For years we have helped deconstruct marriage, winking at cohabitation and allowing easy divorce. We’ve allowed politicians to pass bad divorce laws and to loosen the moral standards surrounding marriage. Now it’s all coming back to haunt us. But our job is to rebuild marriage as a sacred institution and to stand our ground and defend it, come what may, from what appears to be a tiny minority.
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep shoppin! There's a sweet lil teenage redneck out there for you...
lol more gay humor ...
Bruno

Harbor City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it interefere with your masturbatory fantasies, Miss Thing?
Second class? hahahahahah Is that some lame attempt at boosting your self esteem? Honey, if you need to feel better about yourself, start with getting honest about your little secret.
lol more gay humor ...

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry honey, the Regenrus Study shows that monogamous SS long term relationships are rare.
While lesbians tend to be more faithful, male gays are on the other end of the spectrum.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sex-murde...
The Regenrus Study has many flaws, that's certainly one of them.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Children have neen known to turn on their SS parents in a very brutal way. Don't be surpriesed it can happen to you, I hope it won't but I have seen it first hand
It's been known to happen with straight kids too......hopefully it doesn't happen to you!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Dear. You show no common sense, and science does not agree with you as the children raised by gay parents do just as well as those raised by straight parents.
The ONLY study that purports to show otherwise has been disgraced and debunked. You KNOW that, and yet you still pretend otherwise.
Try again.
Your argument is not relevant to the topic. There is NO LAW, anywhere in the country, that restricts a marriage licence ONLY to participants who will be raising children biologically related to both of them. And there are good reasons for that, as so many straight couples are raising children not biologically related to them both.
You need to show why the same guidelines are not equally applicable to gay couples, or give this line of "reasoning" up and find a more logical argument.
Your argument at this point is completely irrelevant.
Unless you can answer the fundamental questions as to how same sex marriage harms children, how having married parents is bad for kids, and how more secure families harm society, you can't make any headway.
Trying to create laws that require all children be raised by two biologically related parents is an exercise in futility, and has NO support in the population. And trying to apply such laws ONLY to gay couples is ridiculous, when it applies to so many more straight couples.
Not to mention the many many millions of children it would leave without legally married parents.
So, answer my questions.
Please site specific studies that equate gay parents with biological, including methodology and study participant info.

I have never asserted that marriage 'demands' children. Before you even get to that issue, you have to equate marriage to gay unions. The ONLY way you can do that is dumb down marriage to a CONTRACT between two people. That fits numerous relationships.

Just a note;

The Regnerus study has not been debunked. Because of gay hissy fits, it is being reviewed. I look forward to comparing it to any gay studies you provide.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are upset because a gay couple can never provide a child one gender and one biological parent. And no other situation is more safe, loving and healthy.
Smile.
Again, that's a fallacy in your thought process!!!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Since WHEN do you idiots care about Science? If you did, you would already know that the sexual orientation of parents is IRRELEVANT.
Hmmm, that's not what evolution has determined... Survival of the fittest has diverse gender biological parents as the perponderous propensity that last I checked. In fact, I have yet to hear of a SS couple birthing a biological child. Do you have some news to share?
Have you

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

STIll HAVEN'T GROWN UP HAVE YOU?

“The Great and Wonderful Marvel”

Since: Aug 09

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Since WHEN do you idiots care about Science? If you did, you would already know that the sexual orientation of parents is IRRELEVANT.
Science tells us that it's normal for men to have sex with women. You're telling is its normal for men to have sex with men.

You're in the schools teaching children this abomination -- and you have the nerve to come here and tell us anyone who disagrees with you is going against science?

Get it through your thick, stupid head your opinions and ideas are a product of LGBT talking points NOT scientific inquiry.

Science says if we allow gay males to donate blood we risk another pandemic.

What does that tell you about gay males, you stupid hick?
Slapoo AJ

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

AJ YOUR MAKEING A BIGGER FOOL OUT OF YOURSELF THAN DOUGLAS TESSITOR AND THE REST OF THE GLENDORA, CALIFORNIA CITY COUNCIL DOES!

Let alone actually read a sign! Again, the sign alone isn't going to help. YOU DIDN'T READ THE SIGN BEFORE YOU STARTED POSTING YOUR 'DUNG' NO IDIOTS ALLOWED.

If either of you do end up finding a law or ordinance stating that the city is required to post a sign because you demand it on the comment section of the Glendora Patch, please let me know. WHAT EVER LOGIC YOUR TRYING TO USE AJ JUST ISN'T MAKING A DENT IN THE ISSUE RATHER IT'S EXPOSING THE DENT IN YOUR HEADS.

I'm tired of my neighbors parking in front of my house and would like to put up my own sign. TRY KEEP YOUR OUSE AND FRONT YARD CLEAN, INSTEAD OF LOOKING LIKE A DUMP.

Mrs. Green, your logic of using your past accidents and problems to support your arguments is not helping you. AJ IT'S A PROVEN FACT - YOU CAN'T CHANGE STUPID AS IN YOUr CASE OF BEING A COMPLETE IDIOT.

Instead of complaining about your misfortunes and expecting someone else to do something out of sympathy, maybe you should try using the knowledge you gained from the situations (if any) and use it to be (here's that word again) productive. SHE IS AJ, SHE HAVE PROVEN YOUR JUST A BIG IDIOT.

Just because you make a big hulabaloo every time something happens to you and the Glendora Patch or SGV Trib. TRY ACTING YOUR AGE AJ, THE FACTS ARE WHAT THEY ARE AND YOUR BEING A FOOL.

SGV Tribune picks it up, doesn't mean you've got the authority to go around demanding things. BACK OFF AJ, YOUR ACTING LIKE YOUR LORD AND MASTER DOUGLAS TESSITOR.

As for your constant problems with the city and the management of the Heritage Apts, it is true that the squeaky wheel gets the grease; but if it continues to squeak it gets replaced, or in this instance, asked to leave. YOU BROUGHT IT UP, WHY DON'T YOU PACK UP YOUR FILTH AND LEAVE NOW!

The management at the Heritage Apts kicked you out for a reason that you obviously can't see, but to everyone else reading here its pretty obvious. TAKE A PAGE OF ADVICE AND SHUT UP.

My question is why would you want to live where you're not wanted? SPEAKING OF NOT WANTED - AJ, FRED G. AND BILL C. YOUR TIME IS UP.

Why not move to San Dimas or La Verne where they have the 25mph signs posted and you can be happy as a clam. YOUR IGNORANCE IS SHOWING AGAIN!

Glendora, California City Council, Fools of the Foothills.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2012

Judged:

Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the one who said you got your ass handed to you and don't you forget it, now go fly your kite little man ...
You say a lot of dumb shit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rutherford Discussions

Search the Rutherford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 40 min Commander Bunny 4,897
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Jul 28 snodder 2,252
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Jul 27 Twilight sun 7,848
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) Jul 27 Facts facts 15,927
CA Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision W... (Aug '10) Jun '14 Eric Cantor or cant 1,974
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Steady as yeah goes 3,765
CA June 8 California Primary Election: Did you vote? (Jun '10) May '14 June 03 213
•••
•••

Rutherford News Video

•••
•••

Rutherford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rutherford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE