Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,920

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#82319 Jul 9, 2012
a reader wrote:
This thread should be shut down, because of too many false teachings. Some people who come in here might not understand the Bible. They would not need to read some of the comments written on here. Wouldn't it be sad to lead someone astray, and them not make it to Heaven. Something for everyone to think about.
I guess that implies that the only "true" teachings are those YOU follow, eh?

Such arrogance.
The 9 Devine Believer

Lady Lake, FL

#82320 Jul 9, 2012
a reader wrote:
This thread should be shut down, because of too many false teachings. Some people who come in here might not understand the Bible. They would not need to read some of the comments written on here. Wouldn't it be sad to lead someone astray, and them not make it to Heaven. Something for everyone to think about.
I like the idea of shutting down the thread but the reason giving is not the same as mine, i think this thread is just gotten silly

I'd rather not send anyone to heaven or hell (I see them both a punishment than a reward)
MirrorMan

Palatka, FL

#82321 Jul 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sandusky is a Republican"
I guess that's like saying "Obama is a Christian"!
Its a matter of record. Believe what you want to - Oh, sorry I forgot. That's what you do anyway.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

East Bernstadt, KY

#82322 Jul 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Just like the crusades, and all that other garbage... Not Christian!
Those are the things that happen when yer Not following Christ!
A photo I took a couple days ago I thought you would like...

http://o-o.preferred.cbf01t05.v1.cache5.c.big...

East Bernstadt, KY

#82323 Jul 9, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a matter of record. Believe what you want to - Oh, sorry I forgot. That's what you do anyway.
http://msgboard.snopes.com/politics/graphics/...
MirrorMan

Palatka, FL

#82324 Jul 9, 2012
a reader wrote:
If someone doesn't understand the Bible, it isn't the fault of open discussion. That is the point of "Something for everyone to think about."
MirrorMan

Palatka, FL

#82325 Jul 9, 2012
Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
Of course it was written over the years and long before any form of writing had been instituted
Excuse me?
Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
The last thing we were speaking of was what my common sense tells me was not the issue, what is Germain is that you said you never lie?
You are the one who brought up common sense, I just wondered how it was reconciled with some very general inconsistencies. That is still germain.
What is not germain is your harping on an EXAMPLE of a fallacy, a self contained contradiction, as though it were my claim.
What is perfection? Every stone is a perfect stone, every tree is a perfect tree. A perfect person? None. Read Voltaire's Candide.
I wasn't trying to be astounding, just to invoke thought.
Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
UNCOMFORTABLE, NOBODY MAKES ME, ESPECIALLY THE LIKES OF ONE WHO THINKS STUPID THINGS.
"You can lead a horse to water..."
Nobody makes you uncomfortable? With self honesty I can't make that claim. Many people make me uncomfortable. You do, for one.
Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
As an atheist, when trial and tribulation come your way, just how do you react, neutrally? without emotion?
You call me atheist with the same contempt as when you called me "homo" and "child molester". I am none of those. With or without trial and tribulation I try to do the next right thing.
Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
It would never occur to you to turn the other cheek
You abused and maligned me with vulgarity and libel. You blessed the death of my parent and accused my wife of bestiality. And yet point by point, I defend with civility. Close enough.
Wloclawek Warrior wrote:
The convention at Nice and the Essene community, of which your mentioned Jesus was a High Priest, is old news.
"My" mentioned Jesus? Jesus was not an Essene. Essenes were vegetarian, Jesus was not. Essenes did not perform sacrifices, as Jesus instructed the leper to do. Jesus did not perform ablutions as the Essenes did.
As far as O'Hare, I don't believe in atheism as a replacement for religion. Because I do believe in the First Amendment, I disagree with Kagan on SB 142. A humanities elective using biblical excerpts has a legitimate place in secondary education, as long as instruction is free from proselytizing and the course does not disrupt the mission of the school.
I will make one concession. I meant ALC (American Lutheran Churches) not ACL (anterior cruciate ligament).

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#82326 Jul 9, 2012
The 9 Devine Believer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather not send anyone to heaven or hell (I see them both a punishment than a reward)
While I do agree that heaven would be as horrible place a place to spend eternity as hell, I am not concerned about it.

I see both of them for what they are...MYTHS.

Neither you nor I will be responsible for "sending" anyone to either place.

East Bernstadt, KY

#82327 Jul 9, 2012
a reader wrote:
False Teaching seems to believers to mean anything they don't Believe in.... If everyone was not allowed to post what "Someone Else" calls a false teaching then no one, not one Believer would ever be allowed to ever post.... Every Christian, Islamic or Jew would be claimed by some other Christians, Islamist and Jews as stating False Teachings...
MirrorMan

Palatka, FL

#82328 Jul 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have a problem with reading comprehension... He has never made a statement of no creator... In reality even if the Universe had a Creator, before Creation of matter there would have been no time...
There are theories that could account for time before creation, such as if this is a daughter universe, or a relatively new bubble spawned from the multiverse. There is even an (infinitely slight) possibility of imposed natural laws.
"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The World may never know."
MirrorMan

Palatka, FL

#82329 Jul 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
False Teaching seems to believers to mean anything they don't Believe in.... If everyone was not allowed to post what "Someone Else" calls a false teaching then no one, not one Believer would ever be allowed to ever post.... Every Christian, Islamic or Jew would be claimed by some other Christians, Islamist and Jews as stating False Teachings...
When I posted that Hawking as a math professor was unlikely to be a "false teacher" I meant that 2 + 2 = 4 is pretty hard to lie about.

When I asked if the highest paid televangelists were false teachers, I was multiply judged as "clueless", "off topic" and "spam".

Well, there ya go.

East Bernstadt, KY

#82330 Jul 9, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There are theories that could account for time before creation, such as if this is a daughter universe, or a relatively new bubble spawned from the multiverse. There is even an (infinitely slight) possibility of imposed natural laws.
"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The World may never know."
Actually there would still me no Time for US before the first two physical particles were converted from what ever quanta of energy matter was converted from... Even if there were other universes, multi-verses (Which I do not think so) Time is a relative component of matter in motion relative to other matter in motion at the point that Energy existed as a Unified Indefinable Energy Form (Quantum Point, Ciaos Point, Zero Point ect.) Time, and all physical laws cannot exist... In the Universe we exist in...

But again I fall back to my own Kooky postulate that states that it is so much simpler a universe than what we can perceive being inside it and directly connected to every physical particle of it.. I see the universe as very simple... A Quantum of Energy converted some of it's Unified Indefinable Energy into a single Physical particle, well a lot of them but all just the same particle.. The conversion caused each particle to ring and produce a EM wave of varying freq.. Each particle connected by the remainder of the energy they were converted out of... That simple view explains all existing physical laws in play and also explains causation of gravity, inertia, magnetism, Duality, radioactive decay and so forth and makes predictions... One of the Main predictions I made in the early 80's was that using my postulate the rate of expansion of the Universe would increase as it expands due to the inverse tensor effect of the quantum connection between all physical particles...

juggalo

Mount Holly, NC

#82331 Jul 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sandusky is a Republican"
I guess that's like saying "Obama is a Christian"!
A lot of deviants claim to be conservative/ republican there was a study done a while back with serial killers ..a whopping 80% claim to be conservative

East Bernstadt, KY

#82332 Jul 9, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And it May be as simple as letting go of the Tootsie Pop, letting it drop from the hand to shatter on the side walk... Dogma may seek the center by licking, I prefer simple cracking the shell....

East Bernstadt, KY

#82333 Jul 9, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot of deviants claim to be conservative/ republican there was a study done a while back with serial killers ..a whopping 80% claim to be conservative
Can we agree that 100% of all serial killers inherently lie.....

Just can't see a single one on dating sites saying "Serial Killer, wana date"......
MirrorMan

Palatka, FL

#82334 Jul 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually there would still me no Time for US before the first two physical particles were converted from what ever quanta of energy matter was converted from... Even if there were other universes, multi-verses (Which I do not think so) Time is a relative component of matter in motion relative to other matter in motion at the point that Energy existed as a Unified Indefinable Energy Form (Quantum Point, Ciaos Point, Zero Point ect.) Time, and all physical laws cannot exist... In the Universe we exist in...
But again I fall back to my own Kooky postulate that states that it is so much simpler a universe than what we can perceive being inside it and directly connected to every physical particle of it.. I see the universe as very simple... A Quantum of Energy converted some of it's Unified Indefinable Energy into a single Physical particle, well a lot of them but all just the same particle.. The conversion caused each particle to ring and produce a EM wave of varying freq.. Each particle connected by the remainder of the energy they were converted out of... That simple view explains all existing physical laws in play and also explains causation of gravity, inertia, magnetism, Duality, radioactive decay and so forth and makes predictions... One of the Main predictions I made in the early 80's was that using my postulate the rate of expansion of the Universe would increase as it expands due to the inverse tensor effect of the quantum connection between all physical particles...
I didn't mean to infer that time in a parent universe would be contiguous to time after the Big Bang. Once apon a time, a superbeing shoved a whole bunch of energy into an itsy bitsy wormhole...:D
I like the simplicity of your postulate, but have a difficult time relating inertia, magnetism and gravity together. One deals with kinetic energy, the next with space distortion (I know, that's real iffy Try this: Particles eat space, well, actually continuously compress space. This overcomes entropy and so they can maintain the same quantum state regardless of the passage of time. This compression of space acts something like a 4 dimensional conveyer belt, which is why it is percieved as an attractive force between masses. Nothing that ever was is gone and nothing new is created, so as space is compressed near matter, it is rarified at a distance, maintaining equilibrium.) and the next with electrons and domains. Inverse tensor effect would explain the acceleration of expansion, akin to the inverse square law on receding bodies. But then the problem comes back to what drives the expansion in the first place? Have you considered that planck length should be as relative as a second is? For a quantum vector to remain steady wouldn't the particles also have to be subject to that relative resizing without any alteration to their quantum state? How do you connect that with the red shift of distant objects?
But let me take a different tangent into geology, since you mention radioactive decay. Radioactives are deposited in/on the crust from volcanic action. Soils have different mechanisms of formation and distribution. Radioactives have half lives, and are found in soils and rocks here and there. So dig down a few feet down and there should be less radioactivity than there was say, 20,000 years ago. Dig down more and so on. There are some areas that should have been really 'hot' based on their levels of radioactivity today....
juggalo

West Fork, AR

#82335 Jul 9, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we agree that 100% of all serial killers inherently lie.....
Just can't see a single one on dating sites saying "Serial Killer, wana date"......
Haha ain't that the truth
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#82336 Jul 9, 2012
a reader wrote:
well, it is probably dangerous to start teaching anyone abc's so he or she can begin reading for himself, then. or else lock up all the libraries and close the internet. people might learn to think and not make it to Heaven. everyone should just be indoctrinated into a cult and burn all the books, maybe? Ray Bradbury - Farenheit book and movie already anticipated that anti-utopia.

East Bernstadt, KY

#82337 Jul 9, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't mean to infer that time in a parent universe would be contiguous to time after the Big Bang. Once apon a time, a superbeing shoved a whole bunch of energy into an itsy bitsy wormhole...:D
I like the simplicity of your postulate, but have a difficult time relating inertia, magnetism and gravity together. One deals with kinetic energy, the next with space distortion (I know, that's real iffy Try this: Particles eat space, well, actually continuously compress space. This overcomes entropy and so they can maintain the same quantum state regardless of the passage of time. This compression of space acts something like a 4 dimensional conveyer belt, which is why it is percieved as an attractive force between masses. Nothing that ever was is gone and nothing new is created, so as space is compressed near matter, it is rarified at a distance, maintaining equilibrium.) and the next with electrons and domains. Inverse tensor effect would explain the acceleration of expansion, akin to the inverse square law on receding bodies. But then the problem comes back to what drives the expansion in the first place? Have you considered that planck length should be as relative as a second is? For a quantum vector to remain steady wouldn't the particles also have to be subject to that relative resizing without any alteration to their quantum state? How do you connect that with the red shift of distant objects?
Let me try to put it into words as I see it in the mind... Lets first simplify the concept to just 2 particles.. the Whole of the Universe exists between those two little balls of stuff.. You are not
an Outside Observer looking at the Universe You are one of the Little Balls of stuff... Say that those particles were converted from a finite quanta of Energy... From Our point of view it's Infinite as before the 2 little balls were converted there are no physical laws that can apply so that Energy Quanta would seem Infinite..

Now in this 2 particle Universe some of the Quanta of energy was converted into physical matter with inertial mass (we could call the particles Higgs Bosons but I think SPP's better describe) but that Energy Quanta still exists as only a portion was converted into the SPP's ... The Remaining exists between the two SPP's... The Conversion Process causes those SPP to ring.. That ring is what we see as a EM wave... that EM wave traverses the distance between the 2 SPP's through the connected and remaining Quanta the particles were converted out of... Now consider from the SPP's stand point the Quantum State between the particles can only be observed by it's effect on the 2 SPP's..

Try to picture that.. in it's base form it's simple... but kinda hard to mentally picture..

Now.. How that simple concept explains those points you mention... If the SPP's move apart the Quantum State acts as an Inverse Tensor attempting to pull them back together but as they move apart (From the applied energy from the conversion) they would move apart faster as they move apart... This explains what you one of those balls observes as Gravity... In the Real Universe there are more than 2 SPP's so when a SPP or Group of SPP move they are always being pulled by particles in direction of travel and in all other directions.. by lessening tensors as the one in motion gets further away... It's this Inverse Tensor that imparts Inertia to a particle with Mass... If the Ringing becomes Directional the the EM wave becomes directional acting on the connecting Quantum State explaining the Causation of Magnetism.. Strong and Weak Nuke Forces are explained by EM waves Heterodyne and phase locking .. Decay is just the slow change in Ringing Freq of groups of Phase Locked SPP's..

There you go.. a Explanation of all Forces as a Unified concept while not violating any existing laws of QM, SR, R or Newtonian rules...

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#82338 Jul 9, 2012
a reader wrote:
Yep, the religies ruin it for us all, thanks alot you believers in false teachings from a false teachings book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Russell Springs, KY (Jul '10) 3 hr Spider eating Pre... 34,489
Lost items at intersection at franklin chvy an... 13 hr Suede 3
Best Russell County Christmas Lights Sat Rudolph 0
McDonald's (Aug '13) Sat Man oh man 12
old men and long finger nails Fri Concernicus 2
Horse Farriers Dec 18 Blacksmith 6
looking to buy 1/24 nascar diecast collections (Aug '10) Dec 18 Riz15 98
Russell Springs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Russell Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Russell Springs News, Events & Info