Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
78,821 - 78,840 of 130,471 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
Ignorance is Dangerous

Glasgow, KY

#82270 Jul 8, 2012
Continued:

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Psalm 34:21
Evil shall slay the Wicked and they that Hate the righteous shall be desolate.
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

#82271 Jul 8, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"I'm content letting my mechanic handle it. He has not violated the trust yet."
I did that also... Until I had a friend take a look at the motor on my car.. and show me how that last 400 bucks I paid the guy I had, and my family had been taking our cars too for years showed me how he fixed a oil leak... He used silicon the fill in the spaces in a hardened cam cover spacer that had broken into pieces and charged me for a new replacement cover, oil pump, main seal, and oil pan gasket.. All of which were the original parts and never even had the bolts taken off......
So... as a Great man once said... "Trust, but Varify"
I hope you got a refund! LOL
Yes and Amen

Jackson, KY

#82272 Jul 8, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
w
I'm hoping it's dog and cat poop can be turned into gold, everyone will be recycling it. I'm getting a few bull dogs that can push out a load.
Youshould see what a bulldog can do to a new floor... Yuck!
We were close to finishing a new floor in the whole house...
came in, n thar it was.... Not Gold!

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#82273 Jul 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>She gave consent...
Minors cannot give consent...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#82274 Jul 8, 2012
Ignorance is Dangerous wrote:
<quoted text>
Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. "Quoted from (Satanism the Feared the Reliion" by Magus Peter H. Gilmore current High Priest of the Church of Satan in California.
It should come as no surprise that many Satanists are part of law enforcement agencies, and a large number of people throughout this and other criminal justice systems who fully agree with Satanic philosophy on this point.... But we are moving the world towards a state wherein the freeloaders will either work or starve, and the parasites will be removed to wither and die. So, you need only fear real Satanism if you are a criminal, a parasite, or a wastrel. Are you afraid?
My thoughts on what you said....
http://youtu.be/ohC3Cta3qEo

El Dorado Hills, CA

#82275 Jul 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Youshould see what a bulldog can do to a new floor... Yuck!
Well we can agree on something after all, that is bull-shxt.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#82276 Jul 8, 2012
<quoted text>
Satanists do not believe in the supernatural, in neither God nor the Devil. To the Satanist, he is his own God. Satan is a symbol of Man living as his prideful, carnal nature dictates. The reality behind Satan is simply the dark evolutionary force of entropy that permeates all of nature and provides the drive for survival and propagation inherent in all living things. Satan is not a conscious entity to be worshipped, rather a reservoir of power inside each human to be tapped at will. "Quoted from (Satanism the Feared the Reliion" by Magus Peter H. Gilmore current High Priest of the Church of Satan in California.
It should come as no surprise that many Satanists are part of law enforcement agencies, and a large number of people throughout this and other criminal justice systems who fully agree with Satanic philosophy on this point.... But we are moving the world towards a state wherein the freeloaders will either work or starve, and the parasites will be removed to wither and die. So, you need only fear real Satanism if you are a criminal, a parasite, or a wastrel. Are you afraid?
Are you reading from a Nazi flash cards?
MirrorMan

Palatka, FL

#82277 Jul 8, 2012
<quoted text>
It should come as no surprise that many Satanists are part of law enforcement agencies, and a large number of people throughout this and other criminal justice systems who fully agree with Satanic philosophy on this point....
I KNEW IT! I KNEW that speeding ticket was BOGUS! I KNEW IT!
MirrorMan

Palatka, FL

#82278 Jul 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Youshould see what a bulldog can do to a new floor... Yuck!
Dang. Sorry about that, dude. Gotta love your pets, but sometimes they can be a real pain.

El Dorado Hills, CA

#82279 Jul 8, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNEW IT! I KNEW that speeding ticket was BOGUS! I KNEW IT!
That's how satanist proselytize and look for dates.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82280 Jul 8, 2012
jimmy wrote:
they have taken the bible out of the classrooms and taken the ten commandments off the walls of schools and fed nd local offices COME ON PEOPLE what's it gonna take look at where our children are headed people want god's name off of everything , well that may be good for them so if they are caught with paper money in their pocket "which say's in god we trust" then fine the heck qot of them, now lets get god back in our life for he said if you are ashamed of me before men i'll be ashamed of you before my father amen
Amen!
But remember... Jesus said these things must come to pass!
We're on the last turn, heading for the finish line...
It's not going to get better!
Jesus also said... Let NOT your hearts be troubled!
God Bless, and Pray!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82281 Jul 8, 2012
jimmy wrote:
(yesandamen)these people say believe in science and not god , but it has been proven by scientist that there is more proof that the holy bible that you and i read is more real and thatour god is more alive than the president of the u.s. amen, amen
Amen! I know...
Frank Turak of
crossexamined.org
and Ken Ham of
http://www.answersingenesis.org/
there's also
bibleontrial.com
I think... has great material!
Thank you Jesus!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82282 Jul 8, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have a problem with reading comprehension... He has never made a statement of no creator... In reality even if the Universe had a Creator, before Creation of matter there would have been no time...
Of course there was no time... in this realm, as it WAS Created from... scratch... LOL
Nothing to read!
He was on a science show...
Starting with... I don't believe a god is cursing me with me disease... and Ending with (paraphrasing) Sorry all you Religious... before the BB there was no time, therefore no God!
Now... the fact that he's lived way longer than anyone in his condition... something Otherworldly is going on here!
Sad thing is... many accounts of people with his problems have been healed... aids, parkinsons,...
His choices are his!

El Dorado Hills, CA

#82283 Jul 8, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!
But remember... Jesus said these things must come to pass!
We're on the last turn, heading for the finish line...
It's not going to get better!
Jesus also said... Let NOT your hearts be troubled!
God Bless, and Pray!
Amen!
We know that God does not listen to sinners. John 9:31

Are you a sinner? If you are a sinner why pray?
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#82284 Jul 8, 2012
Okay who do you think for the rain? Well I thank the Lord up above , so does my roses, my maters, my beans, my cucumbers, my pond, my horses, my cows, my hay and my yard, if it was not storming, I would be dancing in it....
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82285 Jul 8, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
It's great that you didn't kill yourself and if you believe it was God and not you then ok.
But why dovetail that belief into denying science and the other crazy stuff Fundamentalists do?
I LOVE Science! I use it every day...
(1) think! how many times have they changed their minds, n dates?
I'm 57, and I know of many... fakes, frauds, Quotes of "Hey! we gotta point to something other than God... even if it's a lie!"
kind of things!
Having LIVED near, and seen the Grand canyon, and Knowing their theories on it's creation was wrong, but they hold to the story...
NO! False Science has nothing for me... Real Science, and God do exist together perfectly... after all...
He created the Laws that govern this realm!
It was God...(or one of His Angels)...
I was sitting in a shed with a propane tank, and a lighter... just about to blow myself up, and a Loud clear voice that eminated from everywhere said... "Don't do it!"
Instantly my depression was gone...
I looked out, and No one was around!
After I started to get to know Him better, and I do talk with Him a lot... He told me to look back at me life, and see where all the times He saved my butt... MANY, many times, and sad part was... mostly my fault... LOL
Things are so much clearer, as my Eyes have been opened!
Sure... you can breed an ugly dog... but it'll NEVER be anything other than a dog! Not a whale... geeeesh!
trusted

Morgantown, KY

#82286 Jul 8, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that God does not listen to sinners. John 9:31
Are you a sinner? If you are a sinner why pray?
okay i think the sinners is the ones God listens too . Trust me I am one of the best at sinning , as so far the church has not fell on me. You know like the witch in the wizard of oz... ha, ha..
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82287 Jul 8, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Much of that sounds good but in general it leaves out the concept of unintended consequences... Man Influenced Global Warming... Sounds good to take the view that If there is a chance it's a correct Theory and we take the drastic measures most Believers call for we could end up with millions of people dieing due to energy not being available when it's needed... I can take each and every new claimed alternative energy source and point to deadly and dangerous unintended consequences of each. Such as producing ethanol requiring 1.2Gal of gas and 400 gal of water to make each gal of Ethanol, Wind Mills causing damage to people due to low freq sound waves and killing millions of birds, electric cars producing more deadly pollutants into the environment that a regular gas powered vehicle of similar size.. and on and on...
As for those nasty cig's... Find me an answer to this one detail.. In the last 20 years the percentage of smokers has dropped around 60% nation wide... Why has there been almost Zero reduction in so called Smoking related disease? In some cases they have risen in new onsets... Death rates of those diseases have dropped due to improvement in treatment and advancing technology in early detection but the actual numbers of new cases remains about flat.... But as an unintended consequence 1000's of farmers lost their farms and 10's of 1000's of acres have gone to waste...
You see that thing on Monsanto the other night???
You don't have to look far for diseases, and othe physiological disorders in people that consume thier potions... er products!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#82288 Jul 8, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
A mustard seed vs. a grain of truth?
Ok..let me get this straight. The universe was created 6,000 years ago, plus or minus a week. God didn't spontaneously endow Adam and Able (Eve was not a suffragette, she was chattel) with the ability to jot down records, but accuracy was guaranteed, since the grapevine game wasn't invented until the tower of Babel. While not usually noted for being patient, God waited 2,000 years for heathens to come up with the fundamentals of writing, then another 2,500 years for the Jews to get around to starting on the Torah. But that isn't really as long as it seems because the average (Jew's) lifespan was hundreds of years.
Meanwhile, the Oltecs, the Xia, the Vedics and others were living large and chillin' with Lucifer - who knew that by the 18th century "know it all" atheists would be looking for ammo to hassle Christians, so being the evil joker, he planted fossils all over the world and forced a measurable portion of the population to turn gay. To go one better, he snuck demon agents into history - subversive imps like Archimedes, Pythogoras, Hippocrates, Newton, Copernicus, Galileo, Voltaire, Descartes, Darwin, Pasteur, Maxwell, Einstein, Hubble, Hawking....
And that about covers the basics..
That is so convoluted... you gave me a headache...
(1) IF God is real (I know He is)... could He Not spread out the universe as He said He did?
(2) Could He NOT create Life with a word... as He said He did?
(3) Could He NOT hold a cardboard box with all the life on the Ark together for the trip?
You guys say... this or that could never be... because YOU'VE never seen it!
You limit God's abilities due to your own limits, and in fact...
Your limits are higher that you've been taught!
God is God,
He is real... get to know Him!
You'll be glad you did!

El Dorado Hills, CA

#82289 Jul 8, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text>okay i think the sinners is the ones God listens too . Trust me I am one of the best at sinning , as so far the church has not fell on me. You know like the witch in the wizard of oz... ha, ha..
That statement contradicts the bible. Why should I trust you?

New American Standard Bible (1995)
Do not trust in princes, In mortal man, in whom there is no salvation. Psalm 146:3

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min ref 1,288
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Nutz 151,117
Sorry Repugnantcan Mitch McConnell 12 hr farmer 18
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 20 hr Reality 16,145
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Thu BIG_STEVIE 466
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) Thu yourmommm 1,048
Red Solo Cup Wed BOO HOO HOO 3
•••
•••
•••

Russell Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Russell Springs People Search