Comments
221 - 240 of 295 Comments Last updated May 6, 2014
Preacher

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#228
Aug 13, 2011
 
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>What part lof my post did you not understand where I stated that a preacher is a teacher.
Well, I see you don't know the difference between a preacher and a teacher. Let me help you out (and ask your guru if you like) a preacher's calling is to preach the gospel to lost sinners, and teacher's calling is to teach the truth of the gospel to believers so that they could live more righteous and godly lives. Christ told Peter, "feed my sheep." (citation omitted)
Paul said: "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers,..." 1 Cor. 12: 28 "Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers?..." 1 Cor. 12:29
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some pastors and teachers." Eph. 4:11
Christ said, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15
Paul told Timothy, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers having itching ears;" 2 Tim 4:3
Looks like your gurus are missing a lot of verses in the Bible.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#229
Aug 14, 2011
 
Preacher wrote:
<quoted text> Well, I see you don't know the difference between a preacher and a teacher. Let me help you out (and ask your guru if you like) a preacher's calling is to preach the gospel to lost sinners, and teacher's calling is to teach the truth of the gospel to believers so that they could live more righteous and godly lives. Christ told Peter, "feed my sheep." (citation omitted)
Paul said: "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers,..." 1 Cor. 12: 28 "Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers?..." 1 Cor. 12:29
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some pastors and teachers." Eph. 4:11
Christ said, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15
Paul told Timothy, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers having itching ears;" 2 Tim 4:3
Looks like your gurus are missing a lot of verses in the Bible.
Ugghh. I bet you just had an Ah haa I got you moment didn't you? You will no more comprehend this that you comprehend that the Elect will go through the tribulation but I'm gonna try this one more time.

When a PREACHER PREACHES,he is teaching hence he is not only declaring the Gospel but he is explaining the gospel as he preaches it,hence he is a teacher. A preachers teaches those that becomes teachers. I have given you an example of a preacher teaching when I gave to you the example of Phillip, a preacher teaching the the gospel to the Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts 8.

Phillip though he was a preacher had to teach ( GUIDE ) the Ethiopian by explaining the scriptures to him. On the other hand,I teach others that does not comprehend the Gospel ( those like you that don't comprehend the word of God) and try to guied them through the gospel but I don't call myself a preacher. Send any so called preacher that you know to me that has a so called Doctorate degree in Theology and I bet I can teach them on a level that they are not capable of going thought they portray themselves as preachers.

Allow me to ask you a question. Is a priest and a preacher the same thing? Don't know why I'm asking you his because You most likely don't know any more than you comprehend so much more of parts of the scriptures.
Preacher

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#230
Aug 14, 2011
 
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ugghh. I bet you just had an Ah haa I got you moment didn't you? You will no more comprehend this that you comprehend that the Elect will go through the tribulation but I'm gonna try this one more time.
When a PREACHER PREACHES,he is teaching hence he is not only declaring the Gospel but he is explaining the gospel as he preaches it,hence he is a teacher. A preachers teaches those that becomes teachers. I have given you an example of a preacher teaching when I gave to you the example of Phillip, a preacher teaching the the gospel to the Ethiopian Eunuch in Acts 8.
Phillip though he was a preacher had to teach ( GUIDE ) the Ethiopian by explaining the scriptures to him. On the other hand,I teach others that does not comprehend the Gospel ( those like you that don't comprehend the word of God) and try to guied them through the gospel but I don't call myself a preacher. Send any so called preacher that you know to me that has a so called Doctorate degree in Theology and I bet I can teach them on a level that they are not capable of going thought they portray themselves as preachers.
Allow me to ask you a question. Is a priest and a preacher the same thing? Don't know why I'm asking you his because You most likely don't know any more than you comprehend so much more of parts of the scriptures.
A priest is a mediator. In the Old Testament times they were the mediators in the temple between God and man. Today the only valid priest is Jesus Christ pleading our cases before God.
I don't know of a person with a Doctorate in Theology that would even try to talk with you. Why would they when you cannot accept the Bible without rewriting it? It has to say what your guru tells you it says--not what it says.
I could go back and re-read all of your posts and point out to you the places and times when you have said the Bible says this or that and it does not. You cannot accept correction.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#231
Aug 14, 2011
 
Preacher wrote:
<quoted text> Well, I see you don't know the difference between a preacher and a teacher. Let me help you out (and ask your guru if you like) a preacher's calling is to preach the gospel to lost sinners, and teacher's calling is to teach the truth of the gospel to believers so that they could live more righteous and godly lives. Christ told Peter, "feed my sheep." (citation omitted)
Paul said: "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers,..." 1 Cor. 12: 28 "Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers?..." 1 Cor. 12:29
"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some pastors and teachers." Eph. 4:11
Christ said, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15
Paul told Timothy, "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lust shall they heap to themselves teachers having itching ears;" 2 Tim 4:3
Looks like your gurus are missing a lot of verses in the Bible.
I reccomend that you read Romans 12:4-5,1st Corinthians 12:27-31. Do you understand that some in the Church can possess more than one gift? He may have the gift to preach/teach,the gift of layign on of hands,the gift to interpret tongues,the gift of prophecy. One person in thw church could possess all these gifts while another in the church may possess only one gift. But they are all members of the body of Christ. And I'm gonna leave you with this. I sense that I have bruised your ego. Is th spirit of God revealing this about you to me? Hmmm,who knows. However discussing the word of God should serve to GLORIFY GOD,and to edify those that that are listening.God is not being glorified through your ego and no one is being edified because you have this ego thing going in that your ego has been bruised because I instructed you and corrected and that was a no no. How dare a mere bible student such as myself, a teacher of Gods word take on to instruct and correct one that calls himself a preacher. So by my daring to correct you the so called preacher, it has not sat well with you an has left a taste of gall in your mouth. Hence you left off glorifying God to try and reinforce and patch up your bruised ego.
What

Dadeville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#232
Aug 14, 2011
 
Another Murray watcher wrote:
<quoted text>He is not running down people he just wants to people to think for them self and read the bible to know what God's has in store for us, The rapture, now where is God going to take the people, Because in Revelations, it says that God is going to bring his Kingdom to earth so why would People need to be raptured, i just wait for the Lord to come to me, and as for Pastor Arnold Murray i love his teachings, and how he encourages me to get my bible open and to read and chapter by chapter and verse by verse, now that how you learn the word of God, and i have been to college and i can read and even break the words back to their original meaning and i can understand what the bible says to me not what some preacher would have me to think, read and think for yourself, and God will help you understand what it means,
It amazes me that people state the truth unknowingly in their ignorance of the Lord's Word while denying it. We are the Kingdom of Heaven! And when it comes to the Lord's Word we are to look to the Holy Spirit not think for ourselves what it means. That is why there are so many cults today and perversions of the Lord's Word because it is what the think not what the Holy Spirit teaes. I am amused at these erroring Christians who are more interested in the coming of Anti_Christ than for the Lord coming for His Church. Read a Bible truly for once and let the Holy Spirit teach, for it says He (The Restrainer)must in the end be removed and the elect because Anti-Christ will not be able to decieve either and come to power! Be prepared for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come! Th early church was looking for the Lord to come as the bridegroom why are ye not also?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#233
Aug 14, 2011
 
Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>A priest is a mediator. In the Old Testament times they were the mediators in the temple between God and man. Today the only valid priest is Jesus Christ pleading our cases before God.
I don't know of a person with a Doctorate in Theology that would even try to talk with you. Why would they when you cannot accept the Bible without rewriting it? It has to say what your guru tells you it says--not what it says.
I could go back and re-read all of your posts and point out to you the places and times when you have said the Bible says this or that and it does not. You cannot accept correction.
Yep. That must be it then,.LOL. So I rewrote the Bible when I specifically showed you the exact verse in Mathew where Christ Himself stated tha the Elect shall go though the tribulaion period though you erroneously thought they would be "raptured" before the tribulation period began? I'm gonna allow you to have the last word in this discussion/debate so that you can think you're right and your ego can remain intact even though you are greatly in error. So go ahead, you may have the last word. I'll remain silent in that hopefully my silence shall serve to Glorify God no matter how bad I want to correct you and do further damage t yur ego. Preacher.
Preacher

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#234
Aug 15, 2011
 
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. That must be it then,.LOL. So I rewrote the Bible when I specifically showed you the exact verse in Mathew where Christ Himself stated tha the Elect shall go though the tribulaion period though you erroneously thought they would be "raptured" before the tribulation period began? I'm gonna allow you to have the last word in this discussion/debate so that you can think you're right and your ego can remain intact even though you are greatly in error. So go ahead, you may have the last word. I'll remain silent in that hopefully my silence shall serve to Glorify God no matter how bad I want to correct you and do further damage t yur ego. Preacher.
Enjoy your retirement.
Genny

West Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#235
Aug 15, 2011
 
I am not even a religious person, but I love this show and Arthur Murray. He teaches what the Bible really says. Whether they Bible is true or not, I don't know, but Pastor Murray is a devoted and real Christian. I really like him.
Tray

Louisville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#236
Aug 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I have studied with pastor murray for 10 years .i dont agree with all he teaches , but he is an excellent bible scholar ,I know he has a passion like i've never seen for our father GOD .he has always said to check your teacher out with scripture. I'm interested in joining a bible study group located in or close to batesville ms. People who love the true word of our GOD ,and study with the shepherds chapel
Preacher

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#237
Aug 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Tray wrote:
I have studied with pastor murray for 10 years .i dont agree with all he teaches , but he is an excellent bible scholar ,I know he has a passion like i've never seen for our father GOD .he has always said to check your teacher out with scripture. I'm interested in joining a bible study group located in or close to batesville ms. People who love the true word of our GOD ,and study with the shepherds chapel
Listen to him awhile this morning. He is really, really good at making the Bible say what he wants it to say.
Flbeancntr

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#240
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

ERIK wrote:
I've watched for a couple of years. I don't really read for myself but try to follow along. Pastor Murry is the only person that speaks the truth. I don't agree about everything(when speaking of America) I feel that the time is dawning of the end of mans' free will. I've recently have made up my mind that John 15-19 is how I should look at my fellow man. Any ideas or help in becoming a man of GOD would be helpful
we study with mr Murry we know him he is a marine He a tuff cookie
Flbeancntr

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#241
Nov 27, 2012
 
dr murry wrote:
we have studyed with him for 13 yrs we would love to have bible study .i don't know how to get in touch with you.we have friend's that studey with him.if you are interested we will find a way
we study with him every morning on224 we have study for 12 yrs
cult

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#243
Nov 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Hes nothing more than another BELIEVE AS I BELIEVE preacher.
Flbeancntr

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#244
Nov 29, 2012
 
Another Murray watcher wrote:
<quoted text>We are all sinners and come short of the glory of God, but God says repent, and do the best you can do, It is so good to have someone appreciate Pastor Murray for his teachings, we have studied for 13 years now and never get tired of listening to God's word. Love everyone. and God bless
we have studied with pastor for 12 yrs would love to meet with u.
Trubeliever

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#245
Nov 29, 2012
 

Judged:

3

1

1

It never ceases to amaze me how nieve & simple minded people are .Some of you put these preachers on a awfully high pedistal when in reality they are no different than you or me .So dont get sucked too far in to there web .Most are nothing more than a christian CULT LEADERS: basically saying believe as me or else.Mr Murray is no more smarter than anyone else He just wants you to think he is .Remember GOD is NO respector of person.The Holy Spirit WILL lead you unto the truth without Mr.Murray if you just listen & ask .NEVER PUT TOO MUCH TRUST IN MAN because he is MAN .
aha

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#246
Dec 5, 2012
 
if anyone believes this person and follows him , they better look deeper .its a cult and you better go to a real Bible believing church
no one has been taken to heaven and come back to tell it and besides look at all th stuff he puts out that dont make sense , pray about it and you,ll get your answer
Ron

Sonora, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#247
Dec 5, 2012
 
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. That must be it then,.LOL. So I rewrote the Bible when I specifically showed you the exact verse in Mathew where Christ Himself stated tha the Elect shall go though the tribulaion period though you erroneously thought they would be "raptured" before the tribulation period began? I'm gonna allow you to have the last word in this discussion/debate so that you can think you're right and your ego can remain intact even though you are greatly in error. So go ahead, you may have the last word. I'll remain silent in that hopefully my silence shall serve to Glorify God no matter how bad I want to correct you and do further damage t yur ego. Preacher.
Where in Matt does it say thechristians will go thru the tribulation? I know some churches teach the rapture. I would like to read what you are saying about it.
Flbeancntr

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#248
Dec 5, 2012
 
I can't get your comments on shepherd chapel so sent me a e mail at amy_diamonds48@yahoo.com would love to here from you
We have studied for 12yrs

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#249
Dec 5, 2012
 
spike wrote:
I love his teaching me and my family has watched him now going on for 22 years. We have been to his church out in gravette ark a few times. All one has to do Is turn on the news and what you see happening in the news is fulfilling biblical prophecy, we are in the 5th trump VERY soon I believe we will be in the 6th which will mean Satan Is here live and In person. Arnold murray himself said over his call in phone message's recently.. You better be getting yourself out of dept and in good health because we are approaching THAT time. The time he is talking about Is when Satan is loose here on earth for a short time. Many are going to be fooled thinking he Is the real Jesus. Sadly he is none other then Satan.
we have studied wit aronald for 12 yrs we go in the spring and fall every year hope to heare from you
We have studied for 12yrs

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#250
Dec 5, 2012
 
Another Murray watcher wrote:
<quoted text>We are all sinners and come short of the glory of God, but God says repent, and do the best you can do, It is so good to have someone appreciate Pastor Murray for his teachings, we have studied for 13 years now and never get tired of listening to God's word. Love everyone. and God bless
we love god word

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Russell Springs Forum right now

Search the Russell Springs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Jay 146,967
School DELAY 56 min Murray 9
Men who go 4 younger girls 4 hr ur sick 33
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr pusherman_ 128,948
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 15 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 20 hr Flint hill bandit 16,129
LakeFest Mon Someone 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Russell Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Russell Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Russell Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Russell Springs
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••