Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Apr 19, 2012
LITTLE COWBOY

Capitan, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Anyone know who bought TR's???
Duh

Jackson, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why don't you ask the realtors who jammed it into the poor folks who just lost it? And while you're asking, ask them if they knew about the leaking gas tanks when they sold it to them......the ones that cost 40k to fix. Looks like the realtors are the only ones who made any money on this deal....and they are fixin to do it again.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 3, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

So many times things are not disclosed in a sale and afterward, when the new owner finds out how much trouble he has on his hands, the realtors give you a sympathetic "nothing we can do". There are some good realtors in town but some are unscrupulous and uncaring. Many of them headed up the "fight back" campaign. I'd avoid them like the plague.
a fan

Fortuna, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 5, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

we miss you

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Well, I've always been popular, going back to my cheer-leading days. It seems to follow me throughout life.
Landlord

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 7, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Duh wrote:
Why don't you ask the realtors who jammed it into the poor folks who just lost it? And while you're asking, ask them if they knew about the leaking gas tanks when they sold it to them......the ones that cost 40k to fix. Looks like the realtors are the only ones who made any money on this deal....and they are fixin to do it again.
The realtors are just the brokers between a seller and a buyer. Both the buyer and seller have to agree on the price and the terms. The buyer needs to do their inspections and due diligence. The seller needs to make the disclosures. If there is truth that the sellers (or realtors) withheld information, it would be a slam dunk lawsuit. Was their a lawsuit filed over your allegations? Unfortunately they bought at the height of the market and were unable to make the payments as the economy soured. Hate to see it happen to anyone, but you might as well blame the greedy banks for charging too much while you are looking to blame someone.
local resident

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 11, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Landlord wrote:
<quoted text>
The realtors are just the brokers between a seller and a buyer. Both the buyer and seller have to agree on the price and the terms. The buyer needs to do their inspections and due diligence. The seller needs to make the disclosures. If there is truth that the sellers (or realtors) withheld information, it would be a slam dunk lawsuit. Was their a lawsuit filed over your allegations? Unfortunately they bought at the height of the market and were unable to make the payments as the economy soured. Hate to see it happen to anyone, but you might as well blame the greedy banks for charging too much while you are looking to blame someone.
What about the accountability of the buyers to make their payments and try to work out any problems with the bank BEFORE the issue got too out of hand? Banks will work with their loan customers to try to resolve problems - THEY don't want to have to hassle with selling the property any more than the customer wants to lose it. It is a lose-lose situation all around. There are more issues to this story than just the sour grapes that the former owners would have you believe......
Landlord

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

local resident wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the accountability of the buyers to make their payments and try to work out any problems with the bank BEFORE the issue got too out of hand? Banks will work with their loan customers to try to resolve problems - THEY don't want to have to hassle with selling the property any more than the customer wants to lose it. It is a lose-lose situation all around. There are more issues to this story than just the sour grapes that the former owners would have you believe......
I agree with you completely. We need to honor our obligations. Too many people sit back and blame the banks for the foreclosures. In reality they never would happen if people paid their bills and stepped up when the problems start to develop instead of ignoring the situation.
Rate Payer

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 13, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I happened to like TRs because the people who worked there were always polite and acted like they wanted to be there as oposed to some places that are indifferent or hostile to the customers.Having said that It is a very difficult business to make money on.My Wifes Grandfather had a series of broken down gas stations and the only reason he ever made any money on them, came from selling them to to men who built high rise buildings on the locations,but I doubt that TRs would fall in to that kind of luck.
Duh

North East, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 16, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Landlord wrote:
<quoted text>
The realtors are just the brokers between a seller and a buyer. Both the buyer and seller have to agree on the price and the terms. The buyer needs to do their inspections and due diligence. The seller needs to make the disclosures. If there is truth that the sellers (or realtors) withheld information, it would be a slam dunk lawsuit. Was their a lawsuit filed over your allegations? Unfortunately they bought at the height of the market and were unable to make the payments as the economy soured. Hate to see it happen to anyone, but you might as well blame the greedy banks for charging too much while you are looking to blame someone.
So if realtors have no responsibility in selling property that is represented to be "this and that", what do they do to make those big bucks ? They scratch out an agreement and collect a check? No wonder we have so many realtors here. As far as filing a lawsuit, by the time the leak is discovered tanks are dug up and several days of business is lost, not to mention the cost to repair, they were already behind the 8 ball. Oh yes, then you pay the attorney up front to take on the case.
Either people are honest or they are not, whether they are realtors,business owners, or your neighbor.
Rate Payer

Rio Rancho, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 16, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
So if realtors have no responsibility in selling property that is represented to be "this and that", what do they do to make those big bucks ? They scratch out an agreement and collect a check? No wonder we have so many realtors here. As far as filing a lawsuit, by the time the leak is discovered tanks are dug up and several days of business is lost, not to mention the cost to repair, they were already behind the 8 ball. Oh yes, then you pay the attorney up front to take on the case.
Either people are honest or they are not, whether they are realtors,business owners, or your neighbor.
I sold a house one time and the real estate agent wanted me to lie on the forms,and I would not do it and the sale STILL went thru!.The issue was( did my house have paint on the walls that might contain lead.?)I wanted to answer yes because the house was built in 1945 and I knew for a fact that paint in 1945 had lead in it.She argued with me and told me in that I had never taken a paint sample and sent it to a testing lab, so that I really should answer no.It was a huge fight where she threatend to sue me if I cost her the sale for her time and marketing .The man who bought the house said that he really wished that she was not "standing between us"as we would have done better without her,because he knew that he was not buying a new house.
local resident

Ruidoso, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 19, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
So if realtors have no responsibility in selling property that is represented to be "this and that", what do they do to make those big bucks ? They scratch out an agreement and collect a check? No wonder we have so many realtors here. As far as filing a lawsuit, by the time the leak is discovered tanks are dug up and several days of business is lost, not to mention the cost to repair, they were already behind the 8 ball. Oh yes, then you pay the attorney up front to take on the case.
Either people are honest or they are not, whether they are realtors,business owners, or your neighbor.
There are several inspection processes that commercial properties have to go through in order for a sale to be completed. A person or company cannot buy or sell a property in "as-is" condition without BOTH parties accepting what may come up in the future. The accountability includes ALL the parties.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ruidoso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eating Out in Ruidoso Area 13 hr Rosebud 18
New community pool mulled in Ruidoso 14 hr Citizen Kane 9
School Then and Now........ 23 hr Oh really 4
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Wed Parnt 8,473
Nob Hill Early Childhood Center goes up for sale Wed NM Parent 2
Ruidoso village meetings to add prayer and stat... Wed WARRIOR 4
Vic Beckles will be the 1st Black Man to Climb ... Aug 18 overtonmuseum 1

Search the Ruidoso Forum:
•••
•••
Ruidoso Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ruidoso Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Ruidoso People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ruidoso News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ruidoso
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••