Minister indicted for embezzlement - Ruidoso News

Full story: Ruidoso News 132
A former Ruidoso minister has been indicted for embezzling more than $20,000 from area churches. Full Story
Michael Morris

Ontario, CA

#102 Aug 2, 2011
Rev Tony Chambless wrote:
I am the pastor of First Presbyterian Church. No, we did not host a pro tax rally, or any other rally. We do not take positions on election issues. Yes, churches can lose their tax exempt status in some cases. For that reason we do not allow political candidates to post signs on our property, or to place their literature in our church. We leave political decisions to the consciences of our members. They vote as they see fit. Before using our name in anonymous discussions, please feel free to contact me with your questions, or concerns. I will be happy to answer them any time.
No one said it was you. Someone asked and and a clarification was made that established that it was not you. If you are so rash as to rush in here without reading or comprehending the conversation what is the chance you give your flock sound advice and instruction? Sell your drama on Sunday preacher.
pinky

Tucson, AZ

#103 Aug 2, 2011
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
No one said it was you. Someone asked and and a clarification was made that established that it was not you. If you are so rash as to rush in here without reading or comprehending the conversation what is the chance you give your flock sound advice and instruction? Sell your drama on Sunday preacher.
I think, Michael, that your post was uncalled for and rude as well. This minister's church was indeed referred to in passing and he, just as much as you, has a right to post on here, even if only to clarify the record. We "get" that you don't believe, Mr. Morris, but I wonder if you would be so quick to admonish and berate a Muslim cleric or his beliefs on a public forum using your name.
Michael Morris

Tularosa, NM

#104 Aug 2, 2011
pinky wrote:
<quoted text>
I think, Michael, that your post was uncalled for and rude as well. This minister's church was indeed referred to in passing and he, just as much as you, has a right to post on here, even if only to clarify the record. We "get" that you don't believe, Mr. Morris, but I wonder if you would be so quick to admonish and berate a Muslim cleric or his beliefs on a public forum using your name.
I don't suppose it would surprise you if I said I really don't care what you think or, after the idiotic muslim comment, believe that you think.

I would be much harsher on the muslim because they had the chance to know better. Since you attempted to insinuate that my views are anti-christian for its own sake I will take the opportunity to explain my views in a brief manner that even someone as profoundly bigotted as you can understand.

Neither the god recorded by moses et al nor the allah portrayed by mohammed describe the sort of being that could see to all the trillions of details that went into the creation of the earth and its inhabitants. What is described in each case is a very petty deity with a penchant for wanting to really harm his defective products much in the same way a 5 year old might kick a lego set he cannot get right -> flood -> sodom -> firstborn -> infidel -> blue/bleary-eyed devil... That kind of rage is not the characteristic of a being that can learn and improve. Rage is not a higher emotion. The bible is absolutely filled with example after example of rage and sadism directed toward his own creations whose faults are his own doing. The koran, on the other hand, is more of a freelancers handbook for taking the matters into your own hands instead. muslims believe that they are more mandated and empowered to act in the name of their god that demands to be the only one than christians. Again neither portrays a being capable of creating all of this or all of us.

Now may go back to your mindless ravings.
Michael Morris

Tularosa, NM

#105 Aug 2, 2011
Oh yeah. I forgot the lake of fire that awaits those who do not find their way to believe through the guidance of child molesting priests and meth smoking male prostitute paying leaders like ted haggard. Imagine a god that sends perverts to deliver his gospel and eternal torture awaits those who do not follow. It is some amazing stuff religion. To completely abandon all reason in favor of a blind leap of faith.
knowing

Capitan, NM

#106 Aug 3, 2011
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't suppose it would surprise you if I said I really don't care what you think or, after the idiotic muslim comment, believe that you think.
I would be much harsher on the muslim because they had the chance to know better. Since you attempted to insinuate that my views are anti-christian for its own sake I will take the opportunity to explain my views in a brief manner that even someone as profoundly bigotted as you can understand.
Neither the god recorded by moses et al nor the allah portrayed by mohammed describe the sort of being that could see to all the trillions of details that went into the creation of the earth and its inhabitants. What is described in each case is a very petty deity with a penchant for wanting to really harm his defective products much in the same way a 5 year old might kick a lego set he cannot get right -> flood -> sodom -> firstborn -> infidel -> blue/bleary-eyed devil... That kind of rage is not the characteristic of a being that can learn and improve. Rage is not a higher emotion. The bible is absolutely filled with example after example of rage and sadism directed toward his own creations whose faults are his own doing. The koran, on the other hand, is more of a freelancers handbook for taking the matters into your own hands instead. muslims believe that they are more mandated and empowered to act in the name of their god that demands to be the only one than christians. Again neither portrays a being capable of creating all of this or all of us.
Now may go back to your mindless ravings.
Dear Michael,
Now you know why no one likes you. Your mind cannot stay on the track required to negate through social circumstances. You tend to see people as all good or all bad. When someone dares to call you out on anything, including your penchant for blaspemy and rudeness, you react as if you had been stabbed in the eye. You immediately hate. Hate is not a productive emotion. Arrogance does not serve you well. Best you save your verbal lashings for the Amish girls who seem to cling to you for your reasoning and intellect.
Michael Morris

Tularosa, NM

#107 Aug 3, 2011
knowing wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Michael,
Now you know why no one likes you. Your mind cannot stay on the track required to negate through social circumstances. You tend to see people as all good or all bad. When someone dares to call you out on anything, including your penchant for blaspemy and rudeness, you react as if you had been stabbed in the eye. You immediately hate. Hate is not a productive emotion. Arrogance does not serve you well. Best you save your verbal lashings for the Amish girls who seem to cling to you for your reasoning and intellect.
You can imagine that you don't speak for everyone. In fact I think a very enthusiastic part of society is drawn to my views. You just don't like my views and suppose that I should play word games rather than get to the root of the matter. I think perhaps the most enlightening part of your sour grapes is the absence of any objection to the specific content of what I wrote. Indeed I think people like you should be marginalized in any way possible. You deal in fairy tails and politeness. You are welcome to conduct your life on that basis just as I am free to deal in the reality of man. Good day.

“Retired mechanical Bull Rider”

Since: Aug 10

Socorro, NM

#108 Aug 3, 2011
Spot on Michael!

Religion is little more than a transaction in which troubled people trade their souls for temporary and wholly illusionary psychological comfort. Religions lead us to believe that in return for our mindless obedience they can secure our soul. It's all a fabrication and we should never lie to ourselves.
Ignorance is not a virtue!
Number one Fan

Capitan, NM

#109 Aug 3, 2011
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
You can imagine that you don't speak for everyone. In fact I think a very enthusiastic part of society is drawn to my views. You just don't like my views and suppose that I should play word games rather than get to the root of the matter. I think perhaps the most enlightening part of your sour grapes is the absence of any objection to the specific content of what I wrote. Indeed I think people like you should be marginalized in any way possible. You deal in fairy tails and politeness. You are welcome to conduct your life on that basis just as I am free to deal in the reality of man. Good day.
Michael, you are so right. You are so justified. I am brimming with praise for your word. I am enthusiastic. I also am searching for a church of reasoning and right that praises the earth and evolution but teachers decency, integrity and morality. Perhaps, the Church of Michael could be that beacon of hope that I and so many others crave.
number two

Pittsburg, CA

#110 Aug 4, 2011
I am not sure someone like him can grasp sarcasm, but nice try. And fyi, when some of us did indeed speak truth not word games, he hit at us just as hard for 'reasoning', not reality. The not so great debater picks whatever side is convenient at the moment.
Michael Morris

United States

#111 Aug 4, 2011
number two wrote:
I am not sure someone like him can grasp sarcasm, but nice try. And fyi, when some of us did indeed speak truth not word games, he hit at us just as hard for 'reasoning', not reality. The not so great debater picks whatever side is convenient at the moment.
You wouldn't know truth from a frosted pop tart. What you did was trash my kids in a forum for 11 months. Based on that I decided you guys were amoral acumen and should be treated as such. In fact a cold dish awaits you.
Michael Morris

United States

#112 Aug 4, 2011
Sorry. Autocorrect bit me again. I meant to say amoral scum.
Number one Fan

Alto, NM

#113 Aug 4, 2011
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
You wouldn't know truth from a frosted pop tart. What you did was trash my kids in a forum for 11 months. Based on that I decided you guys were amoral acumen and should be treated as such. In fact a cold dish awaits you.
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!
Michael, are you getting rain down in Tuli?
I am enjoying my first drenching rain of the season. Water is actually pooling.
Michael Morris

United States

#114 Aug 4, 2011
Number one Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!
Michael, are you getting rain down in Tuli?
I am enjoying my first drenching rain of the season. Water is actually pooling.
We got ours all week. Last night was awesome. The rain was blowing hard in one direction then the other for an hour at one point tipping the just emptied 2 yard dumpster on its back. Where I was working today it never got over 65 now I am about to step out in 96 and muggy.

With the drops in the prices of the houses we are watching and the rise in business I just might escape the hell of basin summer at night as well.
Number one Fan

Alto, NM

#115 Aug 4, 2011
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
We got ours all week. Last night was awesome. The rain was blowing hard in one direction then the other for an hour at one point tipping the just emptied 2 yard dumpster on its back. Where I was working today it never got over 65 now I am about to step out in 96 and muggy.
With the drops in the prices of the houses we are watching and the rise in business I just might escape the hell of basin summer at night as well.
Yes, my dream. Your relocation to Ruidoso. Still raining here Michael and only 62 degrees!
Name

Rio Rancho, NM

#116 Aug 4, 2011
Rev Tony Chambless wrote:
I am the pastor of First Presbyterian Church. No, we did not host a pro tax rally, or any other rally. We do not take positions on election issues. Yes, churches can lose their tax exempt status in some cases. For that reason we do not allow political candidates to post signs on our property, or to place their literature in our church. We leave political decisions to the consciences of our members. They vote as they see fit. Before using our name in anonymous discussions, please feel free to contact me with your questions, or concerns. I will be happy to answer them any time.
Thank you ,these vague comments were very confusing,That is why I said this can`t be true.It amounts to character assassination."that big church by the hospital"Why wouln`t anyone think it was First Pres?
Bob from midtown

Alto, NM

#117 Aug 4, 2011
Name wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you ,these vague comments were very confusing,That is why I said this can`t be true.It amounts to character assassination."that big church by the hospital"Why wouln`t anyone think it was First Pres?
Presbyterians are generally not troublemakers.
Name

Rio Rancho, NM

#118 Aug 4, 2011
Bob from midtown wrote:
<quoted text>
Presbyterians are generally not troublemakers.
I agree ,Mr Morris said the wrong thing,I think Churchs have more to offer than,some kind of networking business or protection racket for your soul.Modern Churchs are not doing what they did in the middle ages.It`s like they said in Baseball."there is a lot going on out there".
Michael Morris

United States

#119 Aug 4, 2011
Name wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you ,these vague comments were very confusing,That is why I said this can`t be true.It amounts to character assassination."that big church by the hospital"Why wouln`t anyone think it was First Pres?
I don't know. Perhaps if you kept up with the news of your community just a little you would have known exactly what church I was talking about. It is not my fault that you are ignorant of the happenings in your own community. So the real cause of the problem here was a preacher and some others that don't even know what is happening in their own community. And you guys wonder why the whole county is collapsing?
Name

Rio Rancho, NM

#120 Aug 5, 2011
Michael Morris wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not exactly correct. The big church by the hospital sponsored a pro tax event. Churches are essentially political clubs with most members attending for appearances or because of one kind of hate or another sponsored by their particular church. Good examples of Christian policy makers include Oral Roberts and his need of millions to pay god a ransom. Ted Haggard. The list goes on. The sheep look to their obese preacher for advice on sin while his heavily made up wife smiles. The sheep are easy to fleece. They suspect nothing.
Or I was trying to keep up with the events of the town while America was falling apart and some one who usually makes well reasoned comments made a comment that got me confused because of a mistake.My bad!
reality check

United States

#121 Aug 5, 2011
The whole county is collapsing?? OMG, please tell us more. Some of us have invested a lot in this area, should we get out now? Why are you even wanting to move here with that happening? And fyi, we have never trashed anyones kids, yours or otherwise. Get your facts straight, or a cold dish may await you. Some of us deal only with facts, so do not presume to know who you are dealing with. Have a very nice day now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ruidoso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
expect massive voter fraud (Oct '12) 1 hr wtf 37
is alamogordo safer then las cruces (Mar '13) 6 hr Whoa 67
Persecution of the church 9 hr wtf 35
Obama legacy 10 hr Ralph 26
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Thu LovingtonEyes 8,572
Ruidoso Fire Chief should be fired!!!!!!!!! Thu Alan 3
Resident gets blow-back from criticizing Ruidos... Thu jorge 9
Ruidoso Dating
Find my Match

Ruidoso Jobs