First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1 Jul 25, 2012
Y'all remember muthas day out?!
DJW

Batesville, AR

#4 Jul 26, 2012
THOSE GUY'S ROCKED AND HAD SOLD QUITE A FEW ALBUMS ALSO HAD MAJOR PRESS IN ROLLING STONE
guest

Batesville, AR

#5 Jul 26, 2012
DJW wrote:
THOSE GUY'S ROCKED AND HAD SOLD QUITE A FEW ALBUMS ALSO HAD MAJOR PRESS IN ROLLING STONE
Hardly "major" press. They had a one paragraph blurb. They were signed in the early 90's when everyone had a record contract. Their claim to fame was they had a video shown on Beavis and Butthead. They were crappy musicians and their song writing was 7th grade. On their Wiki page it say's they still have a major following in Paris. Problem is, they wrote that. Ask anyone outside of Central Arkansas if they have heard of them? heck, very few here have. The leader Mikal had some talent but when he bailed they were a crappy garage band. Put it this way, they had a "One hit wonders" of Metal on VH1. They were talking to these bands and they all said they still were living off the money they made with ONE mediocre hit. With the exception of Mikal all these guys are working hourly jobs. They don't even make the list of famous people from Batesville. I saw them play the Landers theater here when they were in their prime, it was half empty.
Mr Common Sense

Batesville, AR

#7 Jul 26, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly "major" press. They had a one paragraph blurb. They were signed in the early 90's when everyone had a record contract. Their claim to fame was they had a video shown on Beavis and Butthead. They were crappy musicians and their song writing was 7th grade. On their Wiki page it say's they still have a major following in Paris. Problem is, they wrote that. Ask anyone outside of Central Arkansas if they have heard of them? heck, very few here have. The leader Mikal had some talent but when he bailed they were a crappy garage band. Put it this way, they had a "One hit wonders" of Metal on VH1. They were talking to these bands and they all said they still were living off the money they made with ONE mediocre hit. With the exception of Mikal all these guys are working hourly jobs. They don't even make the list of famous people from Batesville. I saw them play the Landers theater here when they were in their prime, it was half empty.
They were a good band and judging from the jealous undertone of your rant, I'd say they accomplished more than you ever will.
guest

Batesville, AR

#8 Jul 26, 2012
Mr Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
They were a good band and judging from the jealous undertone of your rant, I'd say they accomplished more than you ever will.
By all means, please point out one statement posted that was false? and by not liking their music makes me jealous? I disaprove of Mitt Romney's politics, I must be jealous. I think the CEO of Chick-fil-A is a narrow minded bigot, jealous! just a quick FYI. The best barometer of social popularity is Facebook. MDO has 450 likes on it's page. Green Jello, a group with similar music styles and was about the same time, had one song get airplay on MTV (they are equally as crappy) has over 12,000 likes. Sorry Charlie, they were nothing more than Mikal's backing band.
guest

Iraq

#9 Jul 27, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means, please point out one statement posted that was false? and by not liking their music makes me jealous? I disaprove of Mitt Romney's politics, I must be jealous. I think the CEO of Chick-fil-A is a narrow minded bigot, jealous! just a quick FYI. The best barometer of social popularity is Facebook. MDO has 450 likes on it's page. Green Jello, a group with similar music styles and was about the same time, had one song get airplay on MTV (they are equally as crappy) has over 12,000 likes. Sorry Charlie, they were nothing more than Mikal's backing band.
Oh yeah, like Mikal was so great himself. If he was he would be a big star today with or without a band. Seems like he was just another loser in a "wanna be" band also.
Guest

United States

#10 Jul 27, 2012
They did have a small part in a movie at the beginning of mortal combat and mikal is a retard
guest

Batesville, AR

#11 Jul 27, 2012
Mikal does have actual talent. He had a few record labels trying to sign him. Granted, MDO was a no hit wonder but they did have a few fans around Arkansas. Remember back then everyone was trying to be the next "Faith no more", every record label had 15 copycat bands. All MDO did was try to catch that wave, hey they were young kids having fun. They weren't exactly Pearl Jam but give them credit, they had a blast.
Roadshow

Batesville, AR

#12 Jul 27, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
By all means, please point out one statement posted that was false? and by not liking their music makes me jealous? I disaprove of Mitt Romney's politics, I must be jealous. I think the CEO of Chick-fil-A is a narrow minded bigot, jealous! just a quick FYI. The best barometer of social popularity is Facebook. MDO has 450 likes on it's page. Green Jello, a group with similar music styles and was about the same time, had one song get airplay on MTV (they are equally as crappy) has over 12,000 likes. Sorry Charlie, they were nothing more than Mikal's backing band.
The CEO of Chick-Fil_A a narrow minded bigot. Wow He seems to be a man who is not afraid to take a stance. We have bad an immoral things shoved down our throat everyday. Listening to Amy Grant while u eat ur sandwich isnt so bad and them closing on Sunday is awesome for their employees. Oh and they are growing by leaps and bounds and profitibilty is sky rocketing. Oh and MDO was some drug sniffing skateborders following the lead of Mikel who had talent but in his mid 20's acted 15.
Last Rebel

Batesville, AR

#13 Jul 27, 2012
You've got to give MDO their prop's. How many other bands from Batesville have been signed to a major or mid-major record label...Answer-0.How many other bands from Batesville have had professionally produced videos play in rotation on MTV...Answer-0. How many bands from Batesville have had songs featured on a semi-hit movie soundtrack and actually performed in the movie... Answer-0.How many other bands from Batesville have been on tour nationally and abroad... Answer-0.
Whether you like MDO or not you can't deny the mark they made, even if it was short lived. The haters can keep hating,but history does recognize those who were successful.
guest

Batesville, AR

#15 Jul 27, 2012
Last Rebel wrote:
You've got to give MDO their prop's. How many other bands from Batesville have been signed to a major or mid-major record label...Answer-0.How many other bands from Batesville have had professionally produced videos play in rotation on MTV...Answer-0. How many bands from Batesville have had songs featured on a semi-hit movie soundtrack and actually performed in the movie... Answer-0.How many other bands from Batesville have been on tour nationally and abroad... Answer-0.
Whether you like MDO or not you can't deny the mark they made, even if it was short lived. The haters can keep hating,but history does recognize those who were successful.
OK, you're right. I'll give you that. MDO is the most successful alt/metal/rap rock band to come out of Batesville. Not from Arkansas or Central Arkansas but Batesville. In the catagory of alt/metel/rap rock bands from Batesville Arkansas MDO is ranked number one. When do we re-name the park? what time do the tours to their boyhood homes start? are those their Gulfstreams parked up at Batesville Airport? give me a break, we have auto detailers who have made more money in the past 20 years.
wanderer

Batesville, AR

#16 Jul 27, 2012
mikel has been married to two hottttt women .........i vote success......lol
Lmnop

Batesville, AR

#17 Jul 27, 2012
I don't see why people are acting like this is a new issue. More often then not the lead singer is the biggest talent in the band. Probably 80% of bands out there would suck if they didn't have their leader, these guys are no different. Mikal was the driving force behind the band, the proof is the he was the only one the label cared about when they split. They were Ok and anyone who say's Mikal sucks is wrong. It dosen't matter if you like that style of music, talent is talent. Just look at the facts, Mikal had success after Muthas day out. They had their run, why bash them? It was a fun little thing to see a local band on Beavis and Butthead. Who cares that they never "made it" I liked them.
Calvin

Batesville, AR

#18 Jul 27, 2012
Lets just all sit down and have some fish. we can discuss this better if over a plate of catfish. i like a little lemon on mine.
Mike

Batesville, AR

#19 Jul 28, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly "major" press. They had a one paragraph blurb. They were signed in the early 90's when everyone had a record contract. Their claim to fame was they had a video shown on Beavis and Butthead. They were crappy musicians and their song writing was 7th grade. On their Wiki page it say's they still have a major following in Paris. Problem is, they wrote that. Ask anyone outside of Central Arkansas if they have heard of them? heck, very few here have. The leader Mikal had some talent but when he bailed they were a crappy garage band. Put it this way, they had a "One hit wonders" of Metal on VH1. They were talking to these bands and they all said they still were living off the money they made with ONE mediocre hit. With the exception of Mikal all these guys are working hourly jobs. They don't even make the list of famous people from Batesville. I saw them play the Landers theater here when they were in their prime, it was half empty.
Jealous much?
child of the nineties

United States

#20 Jul 28, 2012
On the Beavis & Butthead thing, even they dissed the band. The comment that was made was that they were "like Stone Temple Pilots meets Hee-Haw."
guest

Batesville, AR

#21 Jul 28, 2012
child of the nineties wrote:
On the Beavis & Butthead thing, even they dissed the band. The comment that was made was that they were "like Stone Temple Pilots meets Hee-Haw."
Exactly! I Youtubed it, it was pretty funny. During the first half of the 90's everyone had that style. It's like today, that whole Death Metal/hardcore screaming crap is being done by 9,000 hack bands. I swear those people are drones, single celled sheep. They are to music what McDonalds is to food. Wait, bad example. A lot of people like McDonalds.
Pecker Joose

Jonesboro, AR

#22 Jul 28, 2012
Look people ,the guys were highschool kids , they put together a band went to Memphis and got discovered , kicked out the guitar talent because he was fat , got to tour the country and parts of the world and do things most of us can only dram of, you like their music? cool , You dont like it? cool , the thing is if even for a short time they got to live their dream , maybe it was carma for kicking out the fat guy that made them collapse or maybe their lead singer really did find Jesus somewhere in europe , the thing is they did it , if but for a short time , and thats pretty damnn cool in my book
guest

Batesville, AR

#23 Jul 28, 2012
Pecker Joose wrote:
Look people ,the guys were highschool kids , they put together a band went to Memphis and got discovered , kicked out the guitar talent because he was fat , got to tour the country and parts of the world and do things most of us can only dram of, you like their music? cool , You dont like it? cool , the thing is if even for a short time they got to live their dream , maybe it was carma for kicking out the fat guy that made them collapse or maybe their lead singer really did find Jesus somewhere in europe , the thing is they did it , if but for a short time , and thats pretty damnn cool in my book
I didn't know that. What a bunch of phoney scumbags. They come off with that standard entertainer BS "we are about truth, integrity and passion". In fact they kicked out a talented musician because he was fat. Karma is right. They were a popcorn fart, a no hit wonder. I promise you, outside of Batesville NO ONE has heard of them. Mark Martin, Rick Monday and Charlie Strong and Nationally known. Have you ever heard Rwake? some of the members are now in that group. Youtube it, sounds like monkeys banging instruments and then some baffoon belches into a microphone. They play around Little Rock to half empty bars.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#24 Jul 28, 2012
Was that one of those x rated shows?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rosie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tiffany lee 6 min Barry McAukenner 4
Tiffany Osbourn (Aug '09) 39 min LOL 24
Ty Swaim 5 hr Storytime 8
School 5 hr Heard it 1st hand 1
Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 5 hr BARNEYII 30,295
Jeff Butz 6 hr concerned 1
keri grimes 6 hr Shine 2
Rosie Dating
Find my Match

Rosie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rosie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rosie

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:04 pm PST

NBC Sports 8:04PM
Chris Long appears likely to return for Rams this week
NBC Sports 5:57 AM
Report: Indy ready for "remote possibility" of Rams game moving
NBC Sports 9:35 AM
NFL: Rams-Raiders will remain in St. Louis
Bleacher Report12:08 PM
Betting Odds, Prediction for Raiders vs. Rams
Bleacher Report11:09 PM
Full Rams Preview for Raiders Game