Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

I am sick and tired of having my tax dollars wasted on a dumb sport, where the chance of injury and concussion are so high, so some jocks can feel good about running around on the "grid-iron"!

I say enough is enough, it is time to DEFUND RFA FOOTBALL ONCE AND FOR ALL.

In a time of recession we need to get our priorities straight, think of all of the money that can be saved and spent on education and THINGS THAT MATTER!

END RFA FOOTBALL NOW!

Since: Jan 08

Rome

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

This is a dinosaur in the evolution of intellectual thought. Should we also ban all clubs, intramural activities and proms because of possible risks or unpleasant outcomes or to save money?

I believe research into head injuries in collision sports will lead us to ways of mitigating the risk.
captain howdy

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

KEEP IT GOING ALTHOUGH RFA WILL CONTINUE TO LOSE.
Wackin-Z-Weasel

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

frankcor wrote:
This is a dinosaur in the evolution of intellectual thought. Should we also ban all clubs, intramural activities and proms because of possible risks or unpleasant outcomes or to save money?
I believe research into head injuries in collision sports will lead us to ways of mitigating the risk.
Woooo,I can`t quite call this intellectual thought a dinosaur.Just and only because its an American institution.There is continuing research on the RISK of head injuries in collision sports.That thought shouldn`t stop us,it should keep us going ,isn`t there risks in everything exciting,car racing,horse racing,ect.I say keep it going no matter what.
Lol

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Sports are WASTEFUL wrote:
I am sick and tired of having my tax dollars wasted on a dumb sport, where the chance of injury and concussion are so high, so some jocks can feel good about running around on the "grid-iron"!
In a time of recession we need to get our priorities straight, think of all of the money that can be saved and spent on education and THINGS THAT MATTER!
END RFA FOOTBALL NOW!
Let me guess you must be or have been a soccer player thats just pissed off because you could not get more than ten people to attend your games. Just because you physicaly could not play football don't ruin one of the few things their is to do on a Friday night in this city
captain howdy

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

lol? get your kicks elsewhere!
Sports are WASTEFUL

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess you must be or have been a soccer player thats just pissed off because you could not get more than ten people to attend your games. Just because you physicaly could not play football don't ruin one of the few things their is to do on a Friday night in this city
If head injuries and concussions, not to mention wasted money in a recession, is worth it for you to have some fun Friday nights at HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAMES then by ALL MEANS!
freebie the bean

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

I say continue RFA football. They are no longer the powerhouse they once were and they don't scare anybody. Hell, Central Square..the perennial doormat lit them up for 41 pts. right on RFA's home turf last fall. Thats why there was such a push to play in the Tri-Valley League. At first RFA football wouldn't be allowed to play football, but after a year or so they would let them compete. RFA cannot compete with these powerhouse Syracuse teams..(C-NS, CBA, Liverpool, etc.). RFA is an also-ran.
Kick ball champion

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2012

Judged:

Lol wrote:
<quoted text>]
I'm no soccer fan, but we have several football players that could fit the mould of the soccer players. How about making them eat properly and hit the weight room strong. Want to beat the best, we gotta bring the big boys. I fully support our sports programs wether its football hokey, lacrosse , bball, baseball, track, swimming,cross country etc. all the sport programs teach kids they can't learn in the classroom
Where and what would many of them be doing if they were not at practice or a game? The have more rules and structure while
Playing sports. They get a solid foundation of team work and the concept of the harder ou work, the better you can be. And before you come
At me, I do pay city and school taxes. I also pay to go see several local sporting events that my kids don't even play in. Lighten up and look for some positives. These coaches do more than just coach
And easy, the soccer/football
Player was supposed to be Funny. Breathe before firing.
Hoplessly Helping

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

Football without Lyman Hyman just doesn't seem right. I hope RFA football continues. Go all star punting!!!!
captain howdy

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

THE LAST GREAT YEAR RFA HAD WAS 2006! THAT WAS A REAL GOOD TEAM! CO-CHAMPIONS! MADE IT TO THE DOME FINALS! WOULD HAVE WON IT ALL IF NOT FOR KEY INJURIES TO KEY PLAYERS! AFTER ALL AUBURN WON IT! RFA SHOULD HAVE!NICE GOING COACH DAVIS!
Old Time Black Knight

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Hoplessly Helping wrote:
Football without Lyman Hyman just doesn't seem right. I hope RFA football continues. Go all star punting!!!!
I heard Lyman is one of the few prospects that has a chance to go straight to the NFL out of High School. More power to him. Go Mr. Hyman. Glad somebody from Rome has a chance to make it big.
really

Millbury, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Uhhhh, it's kids' football, isn't it supposed to be about building friendships and learning team work and selflessness?

“the rippin' and the tearin'”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2012

Judged:

END RFA FOOTBALL NOW!
Ok, ok..we get it. Your kid sucks at sports. He [or should I say you] wanted to be on the team and was turned down because he talks to birds and butterflies instead of playing the game. Face it, you'll never be a grand parent unless turd babies start popping up. Doubt it though. Don't bash a manly kids sport just cause yours isn't one. Bet he would squeal with delight being the towel boy though.
captain howdy

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2012

stop it before we go defeated! defense!!! lmao
really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

END RFA FOOTBALL NOW!
You obviously never played any sports. What was running to hard for you? Didn't like getting yelled at? Took too much time away from your arts and crafts? Get over yourself. Your tax dollars aren't just going towards the football program you moron. It goes to the worthless art and music programs you love oh so dearly. And to soccer, field hockey, ect. Your pathetic go find something to do with your life instead of taking shots at kids who play a game that they love
RomeIsHome

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

The salaries of the football staff, transportation and equipment costs are pretty high. If they make enough money to run the program via concessions, ticket sales, and booster club activities, then let the keep the sport. Cut the others that cost the district money and that we haven't been in real contention in. Maybe the coaches should all volunteer for 1 year. If they have a winning season and win at least 1 playoff game, then they get paid the following year. Keep repeating this process.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

frankcor wrote:

Well said, sir!
carol

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

we will go 0-7 in 2012!SWAVE'S WILL BE GIVEN A PAY RAISE!
archer of dopes

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

really wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously never played any sports. What was running to hard for you? Didn't like getting yelled at? Took too much time away from your arts and crafts? Get over yourself. Your tax dollars aren't just going towards the football program you moron. It goes to the worthless art and music programs you love oh so dearly. And to soccer, field hockey, ect. Your pathetic go find something to do with your life instead of taking shots at kids who play a game that they love
Looking at your comment I'd say that tax dollars definitely aren't going towards education.

I'm guessing you spent a little too much time in the locker room(admiring boners) and not enough in an English class.

So once a long time ago, you were able to catch a ball that was tossed to you. Sometimes.

But...

What have you done lately?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Rome Forum right now

Search the Rome Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
holly evanciew 35 min Wendy 3
Alex Kipfer (Jul '11) 1 hr curious 12
Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Fox News Zombie 6,353
habanero harv 1 hr naynay 8
foolsco speaks 2 hr frankcor 18
Chris Barone 7 hr gtfo 8
Glen or Glenda? CLASSIC 7 hr too many hits 2
Raspberry's at Friendly's 12 hr Mike 47
Slaughterhouses 15 hr Tax payer 39
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rome Jobs

•••