FUSCO doesn't see "Eyesore"

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Healer

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Aug 21, 2012
Mayor "Joe"Fusco Junior was under fire from members of the community and common council for failing to enforce a court order seeking to demolish the American Metal Stamp property.
"I can't see demolishing a building just because it's an eyesore, after all take a look at the rental properties I own. I mean, who can afford to fix all them places up. Its time to be patient".

Residents cried "foul" when they learned the new administration would be slow to enforce the court ordered demolition. Fusco remained steadfast with his position," we can board up the broken windows and put a nice stockade fence around the place that way folks won't have the hair on their back in a knot. Maybe the little lady woud offer to paint some daisies on the fence and dress it up some".

Fusco indicated he directed the planning department to look for a grant. When asked what kind of a grant he would pursue he said, " I think we are going to have a meeting on that. Maybe a grant we don't have to pay back".
Resident

Rome, NY

#2 Aug 21, 2012
Healer wrote:
Mayor "Joe"Fusco Junior was under fire from members of the community and common council for failing to enforce a court order seeking to demolish the American Metal Stamp property.
"I can't see demolishing a building just because it's an eyesore, after all take a look at the rental properties I own. I mean, who can afford to fix all them places up. Its time to be patient".
Residents cried "foul" when they learned the new administration would be slow to enforce the court ordered demolition. Fusco remained steadfast with his position," we can board up the broken windows and put a nice stockade fence around the place that way folks won't have the hair on their back in a knot. Maybe the little lady woud offer to paint some daisies on the fence and dress it up some".
Fusco indicated he directed the planning department to look for a grant. When asked what kind of a grant he would pursue he said, " I think we are going to have a meeting on that. Maybe a grant we don't have to pay back".
WHAT Enforce Codes? If he did that then Garrett would be in jail where he belongs. Along with a few other scum sucking buddies, landlords friends, and some major enviromental violators who's properties cost the taxpayer thousands to clean up. Get serious Fusco won't piss his buddies off by having them follow codes.
Yankee

New York, NY

#3 Aug 21, 2012
Better to build stockade fence all around inner Rome - electrified would be preferable - and then plant daisies around the outer zone.

No gates. Just fence. High, electrified fence.
slumlord

Utica, NY

#4 Aug 21, 2012
Fuscos properties are an eyesore. His properties are mainly section 8 rentals and their druggies. Way to go Fusco and for everyone that voted for him. This city is going to go to shit. Im just going to sit back and watch him screw up so I can laugh at all the suckers who thought he was good for the job.
Litigation

United States

#5 Aug 21, 2012
It's kind of hard to demolish a property when there is an injunction against it's destruction.
East Rome

Rome, NY

#6 Aug 21, 2012
Litigation wrote:
It's kind of hard to demolish a property when there is an injunction against it's destruction.
The owner is a millionaire. The city found a way to get it torn down but the mental midget is corrupt.
Freedom

Kirkville, NY

#7 Aug 22, 2012
Healer wrote:
Healer, you excel at creative writing! Please keep up the good work; you are worth your weight in gold not to mention the entertainment factor! I, for one, am looking forward to your future comments!
oh no

New Hartford, NY

#8 Aug 22, 2012
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT Enforce Codes? If he did that then Garrett would be in jail where he belongs. Along with a few other scum sucking buddies, landlords friends, and some major enviromental violators who's properties cost the taxpayer thousands to clean up. Get serious Fusco won't piss his buddies off by having them follow codes.
And you are/ put your real name out here blowhard ,your still whining over the Brown lost to Joe.Get some facts put your name to them see where it takes you.
Roman

Dover, DE

#9 Aug 22, 2012
oh no wrote:
<quoted text>And you are/ put your real name out here blowhard ,your still whining over the Brown lost to Joe.Get some facts put your name to them see where it takes you.
what's the matter...does the truth hurt you FUSCO FLUNKIES!
Resident

Rome, NY

#10 Aug 22, 2012
oh no wrote:
<quoted text>And you are/ put your real name out here blowhard ,your still whining over the Brown lost to Joe.Get some facts put your name to them see where it takes you.
Oh you and your real name shit. Fu$% you ass hole. I not going to have my house destroyed by you or the clone squad in the middle of the night. I am but anything when it comes whinning over Brown or anyone elses loss. Now since you are so arrogant about wanting others to post their real name, then post your own. Or maybe it one of these GR, RH, RC, MC, PV, or did I miss your?
What a farce

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Aug 22, 2012
oh no wrote:
Are you going to beat him up is he doesn't? It's common knowledge that Fusco is a slumlord and so are his slimeball friends. He runs things on the 'good old boys' system, Fusco Flunkie.
oh no

New Hartford, NY

#12 Aug 22, 2012
Roman wrote:
<quoted text>what's the matter...does the truth hurt you FUSCO FLUNKIES!
Not a Fusco flunkie just an observer.However I didn't realize how defensive Mr browns flunkies are. This is amusing Fighting over broken toys /Rome. No one lives in Rome on purpose you people are all nuts.
oh no

New Hartford, NY

#13 Aug 22, 2012
Quick observation last time I passed through your little piece of heaven, I did notice an big increase in welfare slugs, druggies, and still to many Italian wannabees. Hose those three undesirable elements down the sewer and in 100 year Rome may make a come back.
MARV

Rome, NY

#14 Aug 22, 2012
NO CITY AND I MEAN NO CITY WOULD HAVE AN EYESORE LIKE THAT AND NOT DEMOLISH IT! REVERE MANUFACTURING CLOSED DECADES AGO! IF THE OWNER DOESN'T TAKE CARE OF IT THEN THE CITY SHOULD PROCEED TO TEAR IT DOWN AND SEND THE IDIOT THE BILL! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, EAST ROMANS HAVE SUFFERED WAY TOO LONG! NO MORE OF CITY CRAP! GET BUSY FUSCO, SEND IN THE DEMOLISH TEAM AND KNOCK IT DOWN TO THE GROUND YOU CLOWN!
oh no

New Hartford, NY

#15 Aug 22, 2012
MARV wrote:
NO CITY AND I MEAN NO CITY WOULD HAVE AN EYESORE LIKE THAT AND NOT DEMOLISH IT! REVERE MANUFACTURING CLOSED DECADES AGO! IF THE OWNER DOESN'T TAKE CARE OF IT THEN THE CITY SHOULD PROCEED TO TEAR IT DOWN AND SEND THE IDIOT THE BILL! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, EAST ROMANS HAVE SUFFERED WAY TOO LONG! NO MORE OF CITY CRAP! GET BUSY FUSCO, SEND IN THE DEMOLISH TEAM AND KNOCK IT DOWN TO THE GROUND YOU CLOWN!
I DO AGREE ITS A 100 PERCENT USELESS PIECE OF PROPERTY . BUT ITS PRIVATE PROPERTY THE SAME AS YOURS. THAT WHAT MAKES US FOR THE TIME BEING A DEMOCRACY.
Say What

Rome, NY

#16 Aug 22, 2012
oh no wrote:
<quoted text>I DO AGREE ITS A 100 PERCENT USELESS PIECE OF PROPERTY . BUT ITS PRIVATE PROPERTY THE SAME AS YOURS. THAT WHAT MAKES US FOR THE TIME BEING A DEMOCRACY.
Yo butt head the next time you pass through Rome DON'T. Private property or not it does not meet codes, and poses a hazard to the public. Someone did get killed there (and yes he was trespassing but that does not change anything) It needs to be repaired and made into something of a benefit to the owner or torn down if it poses a danger the public. Simple. As for private property the city has the right to trespass to inspect your property even through its private property. That means they can come onto your property at any time. Being a Democracy doesn't mean you can do whatever you want because you feel like it. There are rules and it applies to everybody not just the ones you feel like enforcing. Something like Fusco does with his buddies who are allowed to get away with not obeying the codes.
oh no

New Hartford, NY

#17 Aug 22, 2012
Say What wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo butt head the next time you pass through Rome DON'T. Private property or not it does not meet codes, and poses a hazard to the public. Someone did get killed there (and yes he was trespassing but that does not change anything) It needs to be repaired and made into something of a benefit to the owner or torn down if it poses a danger the public. Simple. As for private property the city has the right to trespass to inspect your property even through its private property. That means they can come onto your property at any time. Being a Democracy doesn't mean you can do whatever you want because you feel like it. There are rules and it applies to everybody not just the ones you feel like enforcing. Something like Fusco does with his buddies who are allowed to get away with not obeying the codes.
yo butt crack even the codes dept needs a warrant to enter property. Have you heard of the 4th amendment! But you are a roman enough said. Here I will help you;go to city hall and see if the same bucket is catching rainwater from 8 years ago. Start there Ginzo fix that. The buildings full of engineers an maintenance. But you people need a grant to hire some smart enough to fix it.
Say What

Rome, NY

#19 Aug 22, 2012
oh no wrote:
<quoted text>yo butt crack even the codes dept needs a warrant to enter property. Have you heard of the 4th amendment! But you are a roman enough said. Here I will help you;go to city hall and see if the same bucket is catching rainwater from 8 years ago. Start there Ginzo fix that. The buildings full of engineers an maintenance. But you people need a grant to hire some smart enough to fix it.
Hey Butt Head sorry to tell you this, but codes nor the fire department needs a warrant to enter your property. As for the 4th Admendment you need to go back and read it, but this time read it not guess at what its means.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

The key word here is "BUT". You don't need a warrant if there is "PROBABLE" cause. An unsafe building as deemed by the codes department or a structural engineer is probable cause. This gives them the right to take whatever action is necessary to eliminate the problem when public safety is at risk.

You are just one of those anti-social assholes that think you know more than the people trained in that area. You only read what you want and make the rest up as you go along. More than likely you like to trash places and leave it up to someone else to clean up. You comments tell you don't know shit about nothing, so back to school and take a government course, and then read the laws governing administration of duties in NYS. End of discussion with you.
Football

Alexandria, VA

#20 Aug 22, 2012
oh no wrote:
<quoted text>I DO AGREE ITS A 100 PERCENT USELESS PIECE OF PROPERTY . BUT ITS PRIVATE PROPERTY THE SAME AS YOURS. THAT WHAT MAKES US FOR THE TIME BEING A DEMOCRACY.
Hey marv stop the upper case spelling. Same guy posting under 50 different user names. Loser
wow

Rome, NY

#21 Aug 22, 2012
Healer wrote:
u know it nice to say, just enforce the court order. that sounds logical and reasonable, but here are some other parts that are not as simple. say the city demolishes the property, assuming that the owner abandons it, chances are there corporation files bancrupcy to protect them. so who do u send the bill to for the demo. the corporation that owned the property no longer exists! Now ask yourself, the property is contaminated, do u as a taxpayer want to be in the chain of title, and therefore on the hook for dec cleanup of the property. I for one do not. and the owner of the property knows all of this all to well already. it's a sad truth, it's disgusting but it's the truth. working with the owners to fix up the place may very well be the cities only practical option. If they do abandon it, it will end up like general cable nextdoor, it's been sitting there for 50 years, and theres no reason to think it's going to come down any time soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1500 years old bible ,jesus ,jews ,last trumpet... 1 hr assalaamu alaykum 1
5:42 am EST Islamic Call to (Fajir) Prayer 1 hr assalaamu alaykum 1
The History of Christmas - Spoken Word 1 hr Merry Christmas 1
A Lesson For Us From Nelson Mandela 1 hr Huh 1
stop being so judgmental!!! 1 hr Huh 1
Ethiopian orthodox Christian says the Bible has... 1 hr The World Watches 1
Christian preacher doesn't trust the Bible - mu... 2 hr The World Watches 1
Inside Islam What 2 Billion Muslims Really Think 6 hr assalaamu alaykum 68
Rome Dating
Find my Match