Rome scumbags and wannabees

Posted in the Rome Forum

bottabing

New York, NY

#1 Sep 1, 2012
I understand unemployed and down and out but no soap or deodorant? then theres the wellies that just keep having kids and the part time workers that dont look for better jobs because the allowances are too good- if they werent so good they would be working 2 jobs
part time reporter

New York, NY

#2 Sep 1, 2012
about once or twice a week i have to sweep up glass and pick up McDonalds paper waste on my lawn, in front of my driveway or my elderly neighbors driveway and we are no scummers. We keep our lawns cut and our properties clean. These animals drive or walk by and drop this stuff down liek an open trash can. One day i watched a man walk right up to my nieghbors 2 doors down and steal their flag. The only reason I didnt yell out was I didnt want them doing something to my property.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#3 Sep 1, 2012
part time reporter wrote:
about once or twice a week i have to sweep up glass and pick up McDonalds paper waste on my lawn, in front of my driveway or my elderly neighbors driveway and we are no scummers. We keep our lawns cut and our properties clean. These animals drive or walk by and drop this stuff down liek an open trash can. One day i watched a man walk right up to my nieghbors 2 doors down and steal their flag. The only reason I didnt yell out was I didnt want them doing something to my property.
When I lived in Rome I had two flower beds that it took me several weeks worth of work to prepare and bed properly. I'm not talking about some hack job either. We did brick bordering, digging to lay each brick level so it would look as perfect as possible, blanketed the soil and planted nursery starters (simply because my wife had no patience to start seeds.)

Within a month of getting them done, we were actually sitting on our porch at the time, neighborhood youths (and by youths I mean older teens and people in their early twenties) actually would go out of their way to walk five or six feet off the sidewalk so they could trample through the flower beds.

Another time, after repairing the damage, we went out to check the mail and found that someone had deliberately broken off every single flower that had blossomed and left them scattered around the yard.

That's how I think of Rome now that we have left. When I picture it, I can't even picture the good people any more. Only that.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#4 Sep 1, 2012
People have accused me of being a troll here and I suppose in a way I am. If you read my above comment understand that the type of troll I am is what I call an "anti-troll." I don't troll good people or decent conversation. I attack obvious trolls at their own game, so please don't let the opinions of a few trolls who I guarantee will attack me now that they've seen me post here sway you. My family left Rome because of the trashy types who couldn't stand anyone having something nice. My only means of retaliation is to come to the Topix forum from time to time and at least try to stop their verbal (textual actually) abuse of other Rome citizens.

It's better than nothing.
bottabing

New York, NY

#5 Sep 2, 2012
I understand-I have issues all the time from the human waste that walks by my house, Friday a father and his two daughters walked by me as i got out of my car from WORK and the discussion was "yeah mom called and told me to go check and see if her food stamps allowance was ready and I said yeah, yeah, yeah ma, its ready, they couldnt miss me but kept talking-Wow -its like I wouldnt be announcing that unless I didnt give a crap who heard it and THIS is what I am working for? I understand some people need it but these 3 looked able bodied, hell go flip burgers if you have to-they make these entitlements too good.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#6 Sep 2, 2012
LeObvious wrote:
People have accused me of being a troll here and I suppose in a way I am. If you read my above comment understand that the type of troll I am is what I call an "anti-troll." I don't troll good people or decent conversation. I attack obvious trolls at their own game, so please don't let the opinions of a few trolls who I guarantee will attack me now that they've seen me post here sway you. My family left Rome because of the trashy types who couldn't stand anyone having something nice. My only means of retaliation is to come to the Topix forum from time to time and at least try to stop their verbal (textual actually) abuse of other Rome citizens.
It's better than nothing.
I would have got the 12 gauge out!
bottabing

New York, NY

#7 Sep 2, 2012
me too actually I have something better but we wont discuss that
justtired

New York, NY

#9 Sep 5, 2012
I know people who b-itch about how broke they are but they seem to have those pedicures and manicures which are 20plus dollars each time- wake up and grow up and shut up I say. Then theres the a-holes who can aford 100 dollar tatoos but dont pay their freaken bills-I cant afford it so where they getting the money? I work-ugh it makes me so mad, especially because they are on welfare.
scums

Rome, NY

#10 Sep 7, 2012
this is what rome has become, a city of dirty,filthy,welfare,scumbags that have no morals, no civility, nothing! Godless atheists! and joe is bringing more in!liberty gardens will become trash once more,as soon as the wellies move back in! these people are nothing but animals! part time reporter is exactly right! i have experienced the same thing on my property!asses all wellies!
bottabing

New York, NY

#12 Sep 8, 2012
Some people have no morals and bring their children up with the same. They have no compassion or care about other peoples property, the sweat equity in keeping their property clean and tidy-I.E a flattened beer can, popsicle sticks, empty cigarette pack and reciepts blowing around on my front yard- because they dont care about their own property. I dont understand why these landlords keep renting to them when they are only going to ruin their house. put holes in walls, never paint, scum up their rugs allowig pets defecation and urine all over it and on and on. These are the people that are so immune to thier human waste they dont get sick from it.
whateva

Camden, NY

#13 Sep 8, 2012
You're not alone, Bottabing. I had neighbors whose trash was constantly being ripped open by cats and dogs because they refused to use the garbage cans that were provided free by their landlord. The trash inevitably wound up on my yard and I wound up being the one to clean it because the one time I said something to them they slashed my tires. Since I couldn't prove it was them I couldn't do much about it. What I was going to do about it before my wife talked me out of it would have put me in prison for life so ...
bottabing

New York, NY

#14 Sep 8, 2012
place a couple cameras up-thats what I am going to do-its not cheap but well worth it- Someone I know had this experience: A bunch of little ass--holes ripped up a stand alone mailbox, all the flowers and decorations right while they were watching TV late one night-by the time they got out there the human garbage was gone-they keep their property clean and tidy and thats what they get for it. The City of Rome should place some new local laws out regarding trash and property. All trash should be contained in more then just bags on the ground because of the mess. On fridays I see it all over town on my way to work-even the Birds get into it. and scum bags should be jaled until they fix and clean up properties they destroy- Welfare cant help them , Maybe the Department of Social Services should adopt the new laws or else-boy that will get to them wont it! CLEAN UP OR LOCK UP- CLEAN UP OR LOSE BENEFITS- HEY I like it!
lol

United States

#16 Sep 8, 2012
or you can do what ive done move out of rome i live there 5 years and was glad to leave that place is scum omg the ppl are the nasty ppl on this earth
whateva

Camden, NY

#17 Sep 8, 2012
I already did move out. Actually I was gone for years and only came back to Rome to help out family who was trying to sell and get out. I was there for two years (took that long to find a sucker to buy my cousin's house!) and left again. I just check the forums for the fun of it. It makes me feel better about my life the way it is to watch the crap that rolls around on Topix. I have bad days, I log in here, and suddenly I feel on top of the world!
bottabing

New York, NY

#18 Sep 8, 2012
thats seriously funny "feeling on top of the World" I guess I couldnt blame you for moving but its not for me. I am financially settled and dont want the headaches of selling off everything and moving as I have collected a nice life for myself and by the way I keep my property clean too. I just keep fighting what the slobs throw out their windows on my lawn, pray i will catch them, and still Love the City I live in. Things were so easy going back 20 or so years ago. Some blame the prisons, the people from the City, the economic situation, the closing of Griffiss, bad political leaders- I think its a combination of everything above. I kind of seen it coming when Griffiss left and the lack of jobs around here didnt make it any better-THANKS OBAMA
wooooow

New York, NY

#19 Sep 8, 2012
well not everyone that lives in rome are white trash some of us are actually good hardworking clean ppl
whateva

Camden, NY

#20 Sep 8, 2012
Nobody is saying that everyone is trash in Rome, wooooow ... just that there is a great deal more than there were 20 or 30 years ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony D's Topix troll 18 min TonyD13440 42
What's happened to Fazios auto ? 21 min Le Obvious 8
Rome Humane Society 41 min facts hurt 4
El Chico restaurate 51 min seen it 4
Why Christmas is PAGANISM (Christmas Exposed Do... 2 hr Trisha 7
Rome Teacher Morale 2 hr russ bianco 5
red door lights 7 hr Joe 2
The back nine restaurant & sports bar Wed whatsgoingon 296
Rome Dating
Find my Match