Moats is running for sheriff

Jun 15, 2012 Full story: Cedartown Standard Plus 117

Johnny Moats, of Cedartown, anounces his candidacy for Polk County Sheriff. Moats is the son of Rockmart native Bobby Moats and Dianne Moats from Cedartown.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Jacob

Jackson, GA

#1 Jun 15, 2012
I hope we can get a good Sheriff like Paulding County.
inquiring

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jun 15, 2012
He will make a fine Sheriff! VOTE MOATS!
fried ham

Waleska, GA

#3 Jun 15, 2012
is he really gonna put Lynch from pcpd on his staff?The sheriff office is not supposed to be traffic nazzi's
Zook

Phenix City, AL

#4 Jun 15, 2012
I believe it will either be him or Mr. Sullivan. Either one will nw fine with me.
Truth

Rome, GA

#5 Jun 15, 2012
fried ham wrote:
is he really gonna put Lynch from pcpd on his staff?The sheriff office is not supposed to be traffic nazzi's
What's wrong with working traffic? Have you ever been hit by a drunk driver? Have you ever been hit by a driver with no insurance? Some vehicles on the road are unsafe and shouldn't be on the road. Unless you are a violator you should be glad officers are out there working.
gotta love haters

Cedartown, GA

#6 Jun 15, 2012
Well i think Lynch and Moats are damn good for this community if you dont break the law then why you worried.. Go Michael Lynch and Johnny Moats.
hopeful

Cedartown, GA

#7 Jun 16, 2012
I hope Mike Sullivan wins.

Since: Jun 12

Cedartown, GA

#8 Jun 18, 2012
my vote is mcclendon the best dam sherrif this county has had since joe bowman. to vote moats in would be just like voting jack goss in for sherrif. it would be such a waste
inquiring

United States

#9 Jun 18, 2012
Thank God that is your opinion! McLendon hadn't done anything in my eyes. The sooner he is out the better. My vote is for Moats or whomever may be facing off against McL in November.
BLACK KNIGHT X

Rockmart, GA

#10 Jun 19, 2012
Im voting for Moats.
barney

Cedartown, GA

#11 Jun 19, 2012
Andy we need to call out the dogs,set up road blocks, arm the old ladies and the kids,pass out flame throwers .
Do what ever it takes to keep you in office .
Who else would keep a moron like me in a job if you get the boot ?
It,s time for a change folks the joke is,nt funny anymore .
wondering

United States

#13 Jun 19, 2012
Speak for yourself. How do you know who is a criminal and who isnt?
barney

Cedartown, GA

#14 Jun 19, 2012
Ace Cadillac wrote:
Have you ever noticed only the criminals want change in Law enforcement?
So I guess you think most of the United States Congress are criminals since their calling for the resignation/CHANGE of Attorney General Erik Holder the HIGHEST law enforcement official in our government .
Your a smart one alright ??
Esquire

Cartersville, GA

#15 Jun 19, 2012
Is related to the late Mack Moats?
gadawg

Marietta, GA

#16 Jun 19, 2012
How much has the taxpayers paid to defend the taxpayers in Federal COURT.just asking and it was tossed out
GatorHater

Rockmart, GA

#17 Jun 22, 2012
This topic should be "Dumb and Dumber announce their intent to run for Sheriff". Has anyone ever followed up on a DFACS case that Mr. Blackmon investigated? And you wonder why som many of our children in this county continue to be beaten and live in sexually abusive homes? Look at how many "no reason to investigate" cases he has! And as far as Motes, why are the majority of his signs on the right of way on roads and in felon's yards? Lots of votes you'll get there! LOL! Happy Birthday, Wanna Be Sheriff but failure at suing folks! Maybe you should go back to wood working?
GatorHater

Rockmart, GA

#18 Jun 22, 2012
gadawg wrote:
How much has the taxpayers paid to defend the taxpayers in Federal COURT.just asking and it was tossed out
Call the Sheriff and ask him. I'm pretty sure that would be a BIG, FAT $0 that the taxpayers paid.
wondering

Inverness, FL

#19 Jun 22, 2012
If signs were on the right of way they would have been removed by the DOT as many of the current Sheriffs have. As far as Blackman and a dfcs case I find that hard to believe. I've know JB most of my life and I highly doubt any of this is true. Why don't you crawl back under whatever rock you crawled out from under and stop the mud slinging and let the best man win!

VOTE MOATS!
fried ham

Waleska, GA

#20 Jun 22, 2012
that's true about dfacs
fried ham

Waleska, GA

#21 Jun 22, 2012
maybe this candidate should go back to doing the comercial insurance taste tests for geico

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cedartown, GA (Aug '10) 9 hr Brian_G 61
Cedartown wrestling Thu abc123 1
Carrollton Baseball is a joke Wed Josh 3
Bremenbelle Nov 19 Firefly 2
Pine Bower Nov 18 Agree 22
Paid fire department Nov 18 Tomahawk 10
People infested with ebolo Nov 15 Raymond 1

Rome News Video

Rome Dating
Find my Match