what do you think the true purpose of child support is?

Posted in the Rolla Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 33 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unknown

Warrenton, MO

#1 Jun 30, 2012
The law says it is to be used for normal standard household bills, example: water, electric, rent, food. Or the child's personal use: school lunch, clothes, shoes. It should not be used for cell phone, cable, internet. Or the CS personal use. It is not for spending money for the child.
Wow

Oak Grove, MO

#2 Jun 30, 2012
It is for anything pertaining to the child. If it means having a day of fun for the child then it's fine. Kids deserve to have a fun day every now and then. Like Chucky cheese, splash zone ect. For the child though.
mommy

Rolla, MO

#4 Jul 1, 2012
It should only be used for the child needs! Clothes, food,school etc! No mother should spend it on themselves! That's why it's called CHILD SUPPORT!
me

Euless, TX

#5 Jul 2, 2012
If someone is getting child support then that means they take care of the child full time. They have to pay for their food, shelter, clothes, and everything for the child. So the amount of money given in child support is being spent on the child. Maybe not the actual money handed to them, but they spend money on the child all month long. It all adds up to the amount given or more. Think about it.
aggreed

Euless, TX

#6 Jul 2, 2012
me wrote:
If someone is getting child support then that means they take care of the child full time. They have to pay for their food, shelter, clothes, and everything for the child. So the amount of money given in child support is being spent on the child. Maybe not the actual money handed to them, but they spend money on the child all month long. It all adds up to the amount given or more. Think about it.
More often than not- child support don't even add up to half of what it really cost. I've been fighting for five years and have been doing all by myself like a lot of single parents. Parenting is more than materialistic things, it's a 24/7 job. When you are dealing with a dead beat that doesn't want anything to do with their child, it's really sad. When lets say a person pays $300 a month and doesn't have anything to do with their child, that isn't even enough. When I calculate all the cost and half everything that $300 doesn't touch it. But I don't even get any support and I'm sure I'll fight his lazy a** till the end. There are good fathers out there who do their part, but theirs a crap load more who don't. It takes two to tango, two to make a baby and two to support.
Pissed off Dad that pays

Rolla, MO

#7 Jul 2, 2012
Child Support should be spent on the children. I have no problem paying my child support for my children. I just wish I knew it was going towards MY CHILDREN and not the Ex her new hubby and his son. Kinda bites my rump when they make alot more than me between the two of them , plus my CS and I am still having to buy Shoes, Clothes , Ect. for my children plus they have to call me for spending money and thier mother tells them "I just don't have it" or "Your father didn't pay this month" I've actually had to show my check stubs to my children to prove I am paying my support to thier mother as ordered. Let me get a second job and they want part of it as well. Tell me where the equal is in that. I wish they had to acount for every dime of the money and not just "Oh it helps cover bills for the children"
Pissed off Dad that pays

Rolla, MO

#9 Jul 2, 2012
As far as spending time with my children I spend every second I can with them and wish she would let me have them more. I have a very close relationship with my children and would love to have them full time and not ask a dime from her. I would even let her have them when she wanted or if they wanted to go see thier mother at any time they could. I know for a fact they have asked to come and see me and were told "NO , IT'S NOT HIS WEEKEND"
Pissed off Dad that pays

Rolla, MO

#10 Jul 2, 2012
Bloodfart, I feel your pain my brother trust me.
me

Euless, TX

#11 Jul 2, 2012
Pissed off Dad that pays wrote:
Child Support should be spent on the children. I have no problem paying my child support for my children. I just wish I knew it was going towards MY CHILDREN and not the Ex her new hubby and his son. Kinda bites my rump when they make alot more than me between the two of them , plus my CS and I am still having to buy Shoes, Clothes , Ect. for my children plus they have to call me for spending money and thier mother tells them "I just don't have it" or "Your father didn't pay this month" I've actually had to show my check stubs to my children to prove I am paying my support to thier mother as ordered. Let me get a second job and they want part of it as well. Tell me where the equal is in that. I wish they had to acount for every dime of the money and not just "Oh it helps cover bills for the children"
maybe u should add up the cost of raising a child. They live with the mother. She has to pay for eerything the child needs. The child is yours so u should pay money to support it.
Wow

Euless, TX

#12 Jul 2, 2012
How about the women raising kids and are supposed to be getting cs but the dead beat dads don't pay or only pay a little of what's owed? If the children are with the mother more then it's a guys duty to pay. Most of the amounts that's paid around this area don't even come close to what it cost to raise children!!! Then you have the dads who have the kids on weekends and feel they shouldn't pay. Well what is raising
the child the other 5 days? Guys think they have it so rough having to pay! Get a clue and realize what mothers have to do!
Ron C

United States

#14 Jul 2, 2012
TO GUYS PAYING CHILD SUPPORT: You got a girl pregnant before you realized how crazy she was. It's your own fault that you couldn't figure out you and her were incompatible before you planted your seed in her woman-garden. There is a this thing called a condom and they sell them everywhere.
Single Parent and Proud!

Osceola, MO

#15 Jul 2, 2012
I agree there are really good fathers out there. I know of a few personally. I do not receive cs for my daughter yet after five years of fighting we have our last court date this month. I really don't care if I receive a dime from my child's father. He lives in another state and quite frankly that isn't far enough. He can't take care of his own daughter- doesn't even call yet can get re-married and take care of kids that aren't even his. What I have noticed in a lot of situations, if the parents do not get along, the child is who suffers. A lot of fathers complain about the mothers and vise versa. I am a successful single parent and will continue to be so with or without any cs.
realmomma

Steelville, MO

#16 Jul 2, 2012
me wrote:
<quoted text>maybe u should add up the cost of raising a child. They live with the mother. She has to pay for eerything the child needs. The child is yours so u should pay money to support it.

Maybe you should add up the costs of raising that same child in another home plus child support and extras. My stepdaughter is here 40 to the moms 60 percent of the year. We do t see any help or clothes or anything coming from that woman, but we are demanded to provide it all here PLUS spend more. Yeah say it all you want, he had sex w her, but that girl spread her legs and didn't use any kind of protection for her own self. She's just as much to blame. We have joint physical and legal. Childsupport is a joke if they aren't made to show receipts. It's NOT up to the father to provide every thing for a kid. Women need to get off their foodstamp, minimum wage, part time, childsupport, whining asses and be real moms to support their kids. I'm sick of watching all these people tote the poor woman horn. I'm a woman and I work for what I and my kids need. Including my stepdaughter bc her mom wont.
Pissed off Dad that pays

Waynesville, MO

#19 Jul 3, 2012
Me , maybe you should go back and read what I wrote before you bump them gums next time. I said I have no problem with paying my CS. My problem comes from the I have to buy all the extra's as well and have to constantly prove to my children that I am paying because she tries to twist them to think I pay nothing. Thank God my children are old enough now to see thier mother to be the Liar that she is and they also see her doing the same things to thier stepfather that she did to me.

Ron C , you are an idiot for that comment. If you are married to a woman and have been together for a few years you would think you know them and you have children with that woman. Then you find out she's whoring around behind your back while your supporting her deadbeat ass who doesn't work , because financially she doesn't have to because of the money you make. How is that the guy's fault.

realmomma , well said and may the good lord smile down on you for it.
Pissed off Dad that pays

Waynesville, MO

#20 Jul 3, 2012
Me , if you had of read what I wrote. I clearly said I would gladly take my children and raise them myself and not ask for support from her. I (unlike her) would even allow her to see the children when she ask or the children ask to see her. I am suppossed to get my children for the whole month of July and she has already asked for several days out of the month. I ask if everytime I ask I am told the "Divorce Decree says" how is it fair of her to ask for them when it's my time for them. Also if I have them for the whole month why am I paying her for that month. My CS should not go for her cadillac lifestyle she wants to live. While I still have to buy most of the extra's and give them ALL THE SPENDING MONEY THEY WANT OR NEED.
Pissed off Dad that pays

Rolla, MO

#21 Jul 3, 2012
It's only a matter of time.
NOPITTY

Bellevue, WA

#22 Jul 3, 2012
My kids Dad let me tell ya real winner!! he had 7 children 5 of which he signed over the 6th 1 was of age and the 7th is mine~ he never paid child support spent many many years in prison. got his oldest son to take a robbery charge for him has physically abused all his children and mine and i have evidence and she has the scars literly. he has filed 3 false police reports on me 2 of which got dropped 3rd charge was last week waiting to get that dropped. we just went threw court and the gaurdian at light for my child says he might change and he deserves to see his child. he stalks and harrasses me my entire family and my fiancees family. he pays child support just enough to keep his license .
and now he is working with maries county sheriffs and phelps county as a nark and he is filing for disability. ha what a joke. when he does pay child support it 100% goes to my daughter. but thats not much he is a dead beat and the courts dont care :"""" "(
wow

Rolla, MO

#23 Jul 3, 2012
realmomma wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should add up the costs of raising that same child in another home plus child support and extras. My stepdaughter is here 40 to the moms 60 percent of the year. We do t see any help or clothes or anything coming from that woman, but we are demanded to provide it all here PLUS spend more. Yeah say it all you want, he had sex w her, but that girl spread her legs and didn't use any kind of protection for her own self. She's just as much to blame. We have joint physical and legal. Childsupport is a joke if they aren't made to show receipts. It's NOT up to the father to provide every thing for a kid. Women need to get off their foodstamp, minimum wage, part time, childsupport, whining asses and be real moms to support their kids. I'm sick of watching all these people tote the poor woman horn. I'm a woman and I work for what I and my kids need. Including my stepdaughter bc her mom wont.
Wow! You couldnt have said it any better.. I do not have kids but my bf does and hes pays his and supports her getting her nails done and her hair but she sit on her lazy ass and we pay for it.
apple guy

Waynesville, MO

#24 Jul 3, 2012
As long as the child/children are being cared for and have everything they need, who cares if every penny of the money goes on bills and the childs care. A person will have to pay the required amount regardless. From my experience, child support usually doesnt come close to half the cost of caring for a child.
Pissed off Dad that pays

Rolla, MO

#25 Jul 3, 2012
Apple Guy, I have no problem with that statement. My problem is her filling thier head with BS about me not paying and me having to pay the extras. The whole time her and new hubby can go out to dinner out of town. Can go to sports events. Can run and spend on them and his son. The whole time while my children set at home and can only go if I pay or me and my GF take them which we have no problem taking them with us. I am not behind on CS nor is the issue with her paying part of her bills because they stay there through the week. My problem is she is a liar and sorry excuse for a mother , but of course the court doesn't care about that. They automatically just give them to the mother because their better off with them. LOL what a joke that is.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Daycare Central: All of the downtown area "TREE... 3 hr Salty Dawg 1
"Boutiques" on every corner 3 hr Salty Dawg 1
PLEASE!!! How is George Hinds? No jerk comments 4 hr patchesNpeaches 8
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 5 hr Prowd Tee Purty M... 1,849
Buffalo Wild Wings worker Jana 6 hr Disgusted 1
Presbyterian manor 6 hr Disgusted 1
getting nails done 7 hr chance 6
Walmart Distribution Center good place to work? (Jun '12) Aug 25 mustangdave 244
•••
•••
•••

Rolla Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rolla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rolla News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rolla
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••