Comments
1 - 20 of 88 Comments Last updated Jun 12, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
City of Rolla

Rolla, MO

#1 May 7, 2012
Has anyone been pulled over and had the cop give some ridiculous excuse of why he pulled you over, as in, " Sir/Ma'am, i noticed you were swerving inside your lane." or, "Sir/Ma'am, i caught you swerving onto the yellow line." When you know for sure you weren't doing anything wrong or illegal?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#2 May 7, 2012
the funniest reason ive heard so far from em to pull someone over is cause their license plate was dirty
mj

Rolla, MO

#3 May 7, 2012
Been pulled over for both of those reasons! My favorite was one of my back license plate lights was out. When there is only one light. and they were all from rpd:) the only time I got pulled over by a sherriff or state trooper they had legitimate reasons like speeding.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#4 May 7, 2012
was it the mexican lookin girl?
Bad Boys Bad Boys

United States

#5 May 7, 2012
Driving in the passing lane. In town. When I was getting ready to make a left turn. No sh!t. Go bust a dealer you worthless hacks.
Myopinion

United States

#6 May 7, 2012
I got pulled over on the interstate for driving 73 mph...70 speed limit...give me a break!

Since: Sep 11

United States

#7 May 7, 2012
You say go bust a dealer.... I don't think your realize how much drugs they find by pulling people over for these minor infractions. Any legitimate reason to make contact is what catches many felons.... How did they find the Oklahoma city bomber? He got pulled over for a minor traffic violation.... If you don't get a ticket just be happy the police are doing something, at least they are looking for stuff and paying attention. They could be off sleeping in a park.....
Carrie

United States

#8 May 7, 2012
3 times in 3 days all DUMB EXCUSES too
....

Rolla, MO

#9 May 7, 2012
Don't break the law and u don't have anything to bitch about.
Gerald

Warsaw, MO

#10 May 7, 2012
Bad Boys Bad Boys wrote:
Driving in the passing lane. In town. When I was getting ready to make a left turn. No sh!t. Go bust a dealer you worthless hacks.
Did you know Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City Bomber, was caught because he was pulled over for having a turn signal out? Thats how people get caught, dumbass.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#11 May 7, 2012
Carrie wrote:
3 times in 3 days all DUMB EXCUSES too
Don't get mad at the police. It is not their fault you are a woman driver.
Bad Boys Bad Boys

United States

#12 May 7, 2012
I guess it was my fault for looking so suspicious. Because nobody drives in the left lane unless they're cooking dope or blowing up federal buildings. Yeah I'm the dumbass. I'm assuming nobody else drives in the left lane in town? I do it because it gives me that rush of breaking the law.
Hank Hill

Rolla, MO

#13 May 7, 2012
Bad Boys Bad Boys wrote:
I guess it was my fault for looking so suspicious. Because nobody drives in the left lane unless they're cooking dope or blowing up federal buildings. Yeah I'm the dumbass. I'm assuming nobody else drives in the left lane in town? I do it because it gives me that rush of breaking the law.
Maybe it's your attitude, son. I tell you what.

Since: Feb 12

Newburg, MO

#14 May 7, 2012
Bad Boys Bad Boys wrote:
I guess it was my fault for looking so suspicious. Because nobody drives in the left lane unless they're cooking dope or blowing up federal buildings. Yeah I'm the dumbass. I'm assuming nobody else drives in the left lane in town? I do it because it gives me that rush of breaking the law.
I agree with you. Law enforcement should NOT pull you over because "hey, maybe there's drugs in there, why not randomly check?"

Citizens have the right to privacy. Law enforcement may NOT search your vehicle or your person without reasonable suspicion of criminal behavior. For example, if you roll down the window and the smell of pot comes pouring out, they can search you. But they can't do it whenever they please without your permission. I think there are several people who just plain aren't aware of their rights, and will let a police office just do whatever they damn well please without warrant or reason. Cops have rules, too, just like everybody else.

And before anyone claims that I'm some junkie drug dealer (because everybody on Topix just loves to throw these labels around), I am not. I have no reason to be afraid of police because Im doing nothin illegal. I just believe in my rights, and so should very person who values their freedom.
Funny

Jefferson City, MO

#15 May 7, 2012
Its funny how every reason posted here is actually a traffic violation and you all bitch about it. Yes cops use the tools provided to them to catch people WOW! What a revelation.
And to the dumb a$$ that says go catch a real criminal here is the response the cop should give you- I would love to be catching real criminals however you were too stupid to follow simple traffic laws and forced me to do my job.
Cops can't racially profile but the courts say they can criminal profile. So what you all are witnessing is a proactive police force working hard to find criminals.
Another funny fact---- nobody on here claims they were actually arrested or issued a ticket. So that means the cops were professional/ hard working/ AND nice by not writing you a ticket.
Keep complaining and it won't be long before they say screw it and start writing tickets. Because I seriously doubt your complaints will cause them to quit stopping cars.
follow the law

Rolla, MO

#16 May 7, 2012
Myopinion wrote:
I got pulled over on the interstate for driving 73 mph...70 speed limit...give me a break!
The law is the law. 73 in a 70 is a violation, no matter what you think. Drive 70 in a 70 and you have nothing to worry about.
follow the law

Rolla, MO

#17 May 7, 2012
Make complete stops!
follow the law

Rolla, MO

#18 May 7, 2012
Don't follow too close.
follow the law

Rolla, MO

#19 May 7, 2012
Use turn signals!
follow the law

Rolla, MO

#20 May 7, 2012
Yield to pedestrians.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Rolla, MO (Jul '10) 2 hr Brian_G 275
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 3 hr Ronald 2,007
Brandin Sharp 3 hr anonymous 1
flipmaster 3 hr moe 91
School Buses need official kid-corralers on board! 4 hr No we do not 2
home wrecker 5 hr JimBo 9
Dead beat moms. 6 hr the RN 30
•••
•••
•••

Rolla Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rolla People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rolla News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rolla
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••