created by: CitizenTopix | Oct 7, 2010

California

18,859 votes

California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legalization Initiative

Click on an option to vote

  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
10,281 - 10,300 of 15,963 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Country wide

Monrovia, CA

#11138 Jul 9, 2012
You could move to South America?

Since: Sep 08

.

#11140 Jul 9, 2012
Milton Sonoma State U wrote:
The real problem lies within the implied and the command meaning and differing possible cadences of God's words: " Ya'ah, neeirou ayal ayal byaaa, Ya'ah sschinn ayal ayal neey byaa a'arah, bho'gu-bho'gu nephstis ya'ah". Think on this. I have for thirty years and am approaching peace with the meaning and direction.
Gloop.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#11141 Jul 10, 2012
We should legalize drugs because it is a private matter.
If you let other control your appetite, they will control your mind too.

Legalize cannabis as it is a good healthy medication, and a safer recreative products than most current one.

Legalize the real dangerous drugs so that we can protect the kids from them.
Today, it is simple: we can't.
Herbs4life

Santa Ana, CA

#11142 Jul 10, 2012
Weed when used properly can bring out the best in people. Creativity is enhanced while communication skills strive. Appetites increase will sense of humor becomes enhanced. Deep thoughts and peace take place while stress is released. Everyone neeeds to relax and explore the wonders of herbs.....
HerbOlife

Azusa, CA

#11143 Jul 10, 2012
Herbie, just make a face and keep it held in.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#11144 Jul 11, 2012
You guys should stop begging to have this legalized, if it was you would never be able to afford it. Look at what they have done to a pack of smokes with taxes. It's probably cheaper to pay the fine IF you get caught.
1 trick pony

Azusa, CA

#11145 Jul 11, 2012
This one trick pony topic is just too funny.

When do the clowns come in?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#11146 Jul 12, 2012
Herbs4life wrote:
Weed when used properly can bring out the best in people. Creativity is enhanced while communication skills strive. Appetites increase will sense of humor becomes enhanced. Deep thoughts and peace take place while stress is released. Everyone neeeds to relax and explore the wonders of herbs.....
if you get a lobotomy, you will get the some results.

the fact is - you drug addicts are so messed up, you don't know what is right or wrong anymore.

you push for the breaking of laws because "something" in your messed up mind says it is ok.

yeah. right.

we really need more people like you running this country. I KNOW eric holder, pelosi, rangel, and obama takes the stuff. you only need to analyze their logic to know so.

"we will read the document AFTER we vote on it". duh.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#11147 Jul 12, 2012
Bruno24 wrote:
We should legalize drugs because it is a private matter.
If you let other control your appetite, they will control your mind too.
Legalize cannabis as it is a good healthy medication, and a safer recreative products than most current one.
Legalize the real dangerous drugs so that we can protect the kids from them.
Today, it is simple: we can't.
brain dead.

"legalize the real dangerous drugs so that we can protect the kids from them."???

how can you do that when you can't even ascertain what is legal and illegal?
Fishing

Azusa, CA

#11148 Jul 12, 2012
Look at it this way, bigfish eat smaller fish, get in line.
Samuel H Cody

Chula Vista, CA

#11149 Jul 12, 2012
I'm against it, but if they do legalize it, people need to be aware of a few things.
First do not take it onto any federal or non-state land,(military bases, Native American reservations...etc) as different jurisdictions still outlaw it as a controlled substance. This goes for being under it's influence as well.
Also, some career paths that require urinalysis may not keep you if you partake.
Wasted topic

Azusa, CA

#11150 Jul 12, 2012
Massive amounts of time have been wasted, so lets waste some more on this topic.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#11151 Jul 12, 2012
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
brain dead.
"legalize the real dangerous drugs so that we can protect the kids from them."???
how can you do that when you can't even ascertain what is legal and illegal?
I have no clue why you say that I, or who?, can't ascertain what is legal or not. We are all supposed to know the laws, of course it can vary from country to country.

I insist: when we make a drug illegal, we create an incentive to criminals to sell it to the kids. This is an obvious well known principle, and it is confirmed by the fact that cannabis consumption exploded in the countries where it is the most repressed, like USA and France. On the contrary, in The Netherlands, where it is the less repressed, the dutch kids are the one consuming it the less.

Prohibition looks like fighting against the drugs spreading, but in reality, prohibition is the ally of the drug dealers, who are the one corrupting the politics to ensue its continuation.

Why do you think that in South America those trying to legalize drugs get threats of the drugs dealers, and often get killed?

Prohibition of drugs is a (criminal) hoax. It is ONLY a technic to sell drugs without any price nor quality controls to people of any age.

There is no drug problem. The perceived drug problem is only due to prohibition. There is only a prohibition problem, and a deeper human "let us other thinking at my place" problem.

When all drugs will be legal again, the drug nightmare will end.
As long as drugs are made illegal, new drugs will keep appearing, and old drugs will continue to be sold to the kids in all streets in all cities.
Bean town

Covina, CA

#11152 Jul 12, 2012
Willard Mitt Romney didn't bother to inform civil rights groups about his new plans for scrapping the affirmative action office, in the state of Massachetts.

The Massachusetts Black Caucus members accused Willard Mitt Romney of attempting to COMPLETELY DESTROY affirmative action in Massachusetts state government.

THis is whats coming from the GOP/Republican/Tea Party Nation members if this nut gets elected!
weed for everyone

Torrance, CA

#11153 Jul 12, 2012
vote for free weed,so all the wastes of life can use it and become dumber and lazier in society
Self application

Covina, CA

#11154 Jul 12, 2012
Will you be using a self applicator or hae your wek killer flown in?
Tonto Bloopertoneskive tch

Petaluma, CA

#11155 Jul 12, 2012
I believe that we gotto buy all the crap that the bosses are selling. This includes pretending to believe what they say from the pulpits we have let them tear from our democracy. So, buy all the figurative and lietral crap being peddled and the economy will float and we can all go back to finding a new timely scary and pick some poor shitt to blame for what we allowed to happen, or not.
Tonto Bloopertoneskive tch

Petaluma, CA

#11156 Jul 12, 2012
Milton Sonoma State U wrote:
The real problem lies within the implied and the command meaning and differing possible cadences of God's words: " Ya'ah, neeirou ayal ayal byaaa, Ya'ah sschinn ayal ayal neey byaa a'arah, bho'gu-bho'gu nephstis ya'ah". Think on this. I have for thirty years and am approaching peace with the meaning and direction.
Heaven, help me....this makes sense, perfect sense. Does the pope poop in the woods? izza bear katholick?
Peeps

Covina, CA

#11157 Jul 12, 2012
Oh No, it's not you again?
Last True Conservative

Chico, CA

#11158 Jul 12, 2012
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's ok to break the law. right?
I believe that he was making the point that not all cannabis users are unproductive, unmotivated, unemployed losers. Although they don't usually make it to the "pot rally's" shown on the news (because they are at work), the majority of cannabis users are just your everyday citizen.

I would argue that because neither the extreme "pot-head," nor the prohibitionist represents the majority of citizens, then perhaps prohibition should be re-examined. After all, freedom and liberty does in fact provide the opportunity for citizens to make choices for themselves, that others would not.

Furthermore, the federal laws covering cannabis are shaky at best. The federal government enacted them using the commerce clause, arguing that a plant grown on ones own property (and consumed there) somehow impacted interstate commerce. This is quite a stretch. This same legal argument was just shot down by the supreme court as unconstitutional regarding Obama Care. If the political will was ever available, this federal prohibition would be ended and the legalities of cannabis would be left to the states as the Constitution intended.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rohnert Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 7 min anonatall 5,005
Boondocks Pub Closing Saturday May 25, 2013? (May '13) 24 min Vanessa 49
Dos Lagos Development 27 min Vanessa 5
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr lazy posts 200,590
Santiago football beats Redlands 16 hr Drweb66 1
Vagos motorcycle club targeted in Southern Cali... (Mar '06) 19 hr AHM LOS BGS 4,791
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Thu Tank ever 7,926
•••

Rohnert Park News Video

•••
•••

Rohnert Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rohnert Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rohnert Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rohnert Park
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••