Dee

Green Mountain, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Is Judge Taylor still in jail or prison?
Yepp

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Dee wrote:
Is Judge Taylor still in jail or prison?
Yes he is but he gets out next month..
carl edwards

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

I have always been a big Jay Taylor fan. Jay Taylor is a good man, and he is the type of person that exemplifies what being a good Christian is all about. He might have made some mistakes in life, but I think he will put those mistakes behind him and turn his life around for the better.

If anyone can do it, Jay can. He is a really smart, classy guy who came from nothing and worked his way up the ladder all the way up to a successful judge. If anyone is deserving of a break it is him, because we all know that he is capable of much good. He is a Christian.

I can't wait to see what the future holds, and what good deeds he will bring to this community when he is back in it. When he gets out we should celebrate his release at a block party in downtown Rogersville.
Yepp

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

carl edwards wrote:
I have always been a big Jay Taylor fan. Jay Taylor is a good man, and he is the type of person that exemplifies what being a good Christian is all about. He might have made some mistakes in life, but I think he will put those mistakes behind him and turn his life around for the better.
If anyone can do it, Jay can. He is a really smart, classy guy who came from nothing and worked his way up the ladder all the way up to a successful judge. If anyone is deserving of a break it is him, because we all know that he is capable of much good. He is a Christian.
I can't wait to see what the future holds, and what good deeds he will bring to this community when he is back in it. When he gets out we should celebrate his release at a block party in downtown Rogersville.
Oh for the love of God......He STOLE money from a disabled woman. How can you get any lower than THAT?
Exactly right

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

carl edwards wrote:
'Ol Jay exemplifies self gratification, greed, and injustice. Yup. Exemplifies everything I've ever witnessed from the uber-judgmental Christian community. He'll probably get elected mayor after he's done with bail...cuz dat's how we row' in Vegas! Thump them bibles & give me a beat!! Woot! Woot!
duh

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Pretty sure he no longer carries the title of Judge..
info

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

1. Taylor is no longer a judge.

2. Taylor is no longer a lawyer.

3. Taylor's victims were women and children.
you know

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

carl edwards wrote:
your an idiot!! he didnt just "make some mistakes" it was a lifestyle. he consistantly used his position and authority to use people and steal from them and the community. period!! he is the same - exactly the same as any other thief in hawkins county jail or anywhere.
sucks again

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

JONATHAN TURLEY -

"Published 1, February 29, 2012 Bizarre , Constitutional Law , Courts , Lawyering 24 Comments
We previously read about the ethics charges and lawsuits leveled against Hawkins County (Tenn.) Judge James Taylor for various violations, including stealing money that he raised for a “Citizens Heritage Display” with the Ten Commandments to be placed in the lobby of the Hawkins County Justice Center. While Taylor announced he would still run for reelection and assured people that his name would be cleared, he has now asserted his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination in his answer to accusations of theft and misconduct in the judicial ethics investigation.

In addition to an ongoing criminal investigation, Taylor is being sued by former clients alleging misappropriation of money from clients and sexual harassment. While he signed the filings as opposed to private counsel, Taylor’s answer states “Taylor has been advised by counsel to assert and invoke, and herby [sic] does respectfully assert and invoke, his privilege against self-incrimination.”

It presents a difficult problem. While people are clearly entitled to take the Fifth, judges are expected to answer ethics complaints fully as a condition for continuing on the bench. Accordingly, a judge who takes the Fifth in an ethics proceeding should in most cases resign in my view.

While people can take the Fifth in civil cases,“the Fifth Amendment does not forbid adverse inferences against parties to civil actions when they refuse to testify in response to probative evidence offered against them,” Baxter v. Palmigiano, 425 U.S. 308, 318 (1976), the Court has added that the “‘[f]ailure to contest an assertion…is considered evidence of acquiescence…if it would have been natural under the circumstances to object to the assertion in question.’” Id.(quoting United States v. Hale, 422 U.S. 171, 176 (1975)).

In this matter, Taylor is accused of stealing $9,000 from a client, billed the state for services that he never performed, and kept money raised to pay for the “Citizen’s Heritage Display.” In 2011, the Court of the Judiciary publicly reprimanded Taylor for lobbying the Hawkins County Commission for approval of the display as well as participating in fundraising efforts for the project."

Here is the complaint: james_taylor_-_formal_charges_ 1-24-12
Wondering

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Yepp wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he is but he gets out next month..
Has it been 3 years since 2012 already?
carl

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

Yepp wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh for the love of God......He STOLE money from a disabled woman. How can you get any lower than THAT?
Well it's not like she was going to use it to go to disneyworld. She couldn't, she's a cripple. Better that money went to someone that could make good use of it.

Open your Bibles to the parable of the talents and read. The person who was not able to do anything with the money he was given, everything was taken away from him.

Now a cripple, she is not going to be able to do anything with money. So the Bible teaches that she shouldn't have that money. He wants that money to go to someone who can make proper use of it, such as by building a display of the 10 commandments to inspire and teach the populace.
Another

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2013

Judged:

carl edwards wrote:
This is absolutely NUTS!!!
Was this meant to be SATIRE?
Is this to rally numerous people to OPPOSE his release?
Are you James "Jay" himself or his wife or his in-laws?
Is this to satirize and ridicule the (his) church, and/or the father-in-law pastor, and/or the wife, abd/or the in-laws, and/or the claims of being Christian or Christians in general or all the above?
... "is a good man"...
... "the type of person that exemplifies what being a good Christian is all about"....
... "a successful judge"....
... "If anyone is deserving of a break it is him"...
... "a Christian"....
... "celebrate his release”....
If not satire, this is more lies like he, his wife, and especially in-laws constantly promoted during his attempt to be elected
Willy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Taylor has to serve his sentence in Hawkins County after he is released from prison in Nashville. I suspect he will be given special treatment but hope not. Instead he should be put in a cell with Bubba.
no no

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

don't he have IRS problems too? don't he have to face though charges too?
you know

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

carl wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's not like she was going to use it to go to disneyworld. She couldn't, she's a cripple. Better that money went to someone that could make good use of it.
Open your Bibles to the parable of the talents and read. The person who was not able to do anything with the money he was given, everything was taken away from him.
Now a cripple, she is not going to be able to do anything with money. So the Bible teaches that she shouldn't have that money. He wants that money to go to someone who can make proper use of it, such as by building a display of the 10 commandments to inspire and teach the populace.
you are the epitome of stupidomy, ignorance, self serving, rediculous, and many other adjectives that describe a piece of crap. i look forward to when you become old and infirm so that some can come take what belongs to yoy because you cant use it anymore. you defy intelligent rebuttal as you wouldnt recognice a sensible argument if it slapped you in the face. you be sure and let me know when you reach that age i mentioned now wont you?
Bubba

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Willy wrote:
Taylor has to serve his sentence in Hawkins County after he is released from prison in Nashville. I suspect he will be given special treatment but hope not. Instead he should be put in a cell with Bubba.
You aint puttin that nasty cracker in here with me!!
carl edwards

Jacksons Gap, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Liberals always get away with saying anything they want. Everyone else has to go along with them, because if you disagree with a Liberal then you get shouted down. They call you names, they marginalize your ideas, and they dismiss you as stupid. Liberals control the media, they countrol the White House. And obviously, the Liberal way of thinking is alive and well here in Rogers. Which is exactly why Jay Taylor is in prison right now.

Jay Taylor is a good Christian. Sure he has made mistakes, who hasn't? Who here has not made any mistakes?? But the fact is, the reason Judge Taylor is in prison is because he was slandered by people (Liberals) who are out to get good, honest Christians.

Just look at the facts. This was a witch hunt from day one. These people were out to get Judge Taylor the moment he was sworn in, because the status quo here in Hawkins didn't want an outsider coming in.

There is no doubt in my mind that Judge Taylor rendered himself vulnerable to personal attack all because his good deeds and Christian work made him a target in the eyes of the Liberals in our community.

And like I said before, Liberals get away with saying anything they want. Just look at all the nasty things that people have written here. That's not very fair or very Christian of you people. Because Liberals aren't Christians.

I am a Christian and I believe in forgiveness. People like Jay Taylor are the ones Jesus was talking about in the Bible. And if anybody is deserving of a second chance it is Jay Taylor. He is remorseful, and he is willing to make things right. He is also smart and talented and this is the kind of person we can use to make Rogersville a better place for all.

You people were in such a hurry to forgive Paula Dean and George Zimmerman. How about showing some compassion for one of our own neighbors right here in Hawkins? Paula Dean doesn't care about the people of Hawkins County like Jay Taylor does, I guarantee it.
the truth of it

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

carl edwards wrote:
Liberals always get away with saying anything they want. Everyone else has to go along with them, because if you disagree with a Liberal then you get shouted down. They call you names, they marginalize your ideas, and they dismiss you as stupid. Liberals control the media, they countrol the White House. And obviously, the Liberal way of thinking is alive and well here in Rogers. Which is exactly why Jay Taylor is in prison right now.
Jay Taylor is a good Christian. Sure he has made mistakes, who hasn't? Who here has not made any mistakes?? But the fact is, the reason Judge Taylor is in prison is because he was slandered by people (Liberals) who are out to get good, honest Christians.
Just look at the facts. This was a witch hunt from day one. These people were out to get Judge Taylor the moment he was sworn in, because the status quo here in Hawkins didn't want an outsider coming in.
There is no doubt in my mind that Judge Taylor rendered himself vulnerable to personal attack all because his good deeds and Christian work made him a target in the eyes of the Liberals in our community.
And like I said before, Liberals get away with saying anything they want. Just look at all the nasty things that people have written here. That's not very fair or very Christian of you people. Because Liberals aren't Christians.
I am a Christian and I believe in forgiveness. People like Jay Taylor are the ones Jesus was talking about in the Bible. And if anybody is deserving of a second chance it is Jay Taylor. He is remorseful, and he is willing to make things right. He is also smart and talented and this is the kind of person we can use to make Rogersville a better place for all.
You people were in such a hurry to forgive Paula Dean and George Zimmerman. How about showing some compassion for one of our own neighbors right here in Hawkins? Paula Dean doesn't care about the people of Hawkins County like Jay Taylor does, I guarantee it.
you are an unbelievable moron. to start zimmerman and paula dean did not commit crimes. jay taylor did. you say he wants to make amens. does that include giving back all the stolen monies? you say he was "slandered" - no he was caught! you say he didnt fit the status quo but thats exactly what he does. the corrupt officials in hawkins count are renouned in east tenn.. jay taylor fit right in and was even elected to a judicial post while under investigation. fortunately outside authorities got involved or it woudl have been swept under the rug like all the other cooked acts of out local government. you keep harping on "christian" values yet niether you or taylor seem to have any. well, unless you consider it "christian" to be a crook so others can forgive you. you say "there is no doubt" in your mind. well thats the one thing i believe . in fact i dont believe there is anything in your mind at all.
AS WITH OUR LOCAL

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

carl edwards wrote:
Politicans your are DRIVING IN CIRCLES...and also GOING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION.
Yepp

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Willy wrote:
No Willy,this is wrong. His sentences were to be concurrent not consecutive meaning that when he is released from jail he does not have to spend anymore time in jail although he is on probation for awhile after he gets out next month.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Rogersville Forum right now

Search the Rogersville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
alesia weems (child abuse) 3 hr Its really pathetic 30
what do u do??? 3 hr fill r up 12
AlumniFootball 4 hr Peyton Manning 9
Dude in silver 3rd gen cummins that sits at wal... 6 hr No it aint 10
private probation 6 hr question of the year 47
roger stewart trial (Feb '13) 6 hr Roger 18
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 7 hr Zeke 8,959
Ross or Raines For Sessions Court Judge 8 hr Doctor Globule 101
$4.5 Million Hawkins County Schools Deficit Jul 25 Over Home 67