Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns

Oct 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Corner

Imagine your home catches fire but the local fire department won't respond, then watches it burn.

Comments (Page 2,648)

Showing posts 52,941 - 52,960 of58,318
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hello

White House, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Always high and lows

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

hello wrote:
Think about what u just sd. That the ones who do ask for help are just to lazy to help themselves. Thats what makes good honest folks hate to say help me. I dont get goverment assistance at all. We disconnected phones and internet and ate. Most people are struggling.
I stand by that. Most all of the ones who go out and apply for these assistance programs have been raised on them and have never worked an honest day in their life. Many of them, not only get assistance but steal, deal drugs, or use other illegal means to get money without earning it. And our politicians are nothing more than enablers who continue to increase these programs and make it possible for these criminals to be released back into society.

There have been many times in my life that I was down and needed some help. I didn't go to my parents for it.

There was one time when my wife was 9 months pregnant and I was in the hospital recovering from an appendectomy. My wife did apply for and received assistance. Yes I also signed the application because my illness also cost me my job. After I was cleared to work, I went to a county lake every afternoon and worked on a maintenance crew. I was also required to go every morning to the employment office and apply for jobs. Once I was employed, the assistance stopped. We did not receive "free" assistance. I had to work for what we got, and we never asked for it again.

This is what public assistance or welfare was meant for. It was not created to be a cradle to grave way of supporting generations of people who are too lazy to work.

Other times, I have gone out and got another part time job or two to get me through and caught back up. At one point I had 4 part time jobs and no full time work. I have lost everything due to fire, but I recovered, again through hard work. I would take in odd jobs, mow lawns, repair cars, deliver pizza, drive a cab, whatever I could do to legally earn enough to support my wife and kids.
you know me

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that you had to learn the hard way. Your son made the decisions that put him where he is.
You made yours to help him at the cost of your own security. I would never go to that extreme to help even a child that chose that path to destruction. I had a daughter that got arrested for DUI many years ago. She called me for bail and I refused to get her out of jail. She sat there the mandatory 2 days. Call me mean or hard-hearted but she never got another DUI.
It is one thing to help your child when they come on hard times through no wrongdoing on their part. But to continue to "rescue" a delinquent is only enabling them to more mischief. The more they get away with, the more they will try next time.
I am sure you were right, but I loved my kids so very much and still do. I have been a single man for 20 years now and raising them, they were all I had. I have nop other family here. I just never wanted to lose them. Well at least the 2 daughters are doing wonderful, so guess I didn't strike out.
you know me

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Just so you folks know, I am actually a very free hearted person. I take it after my mother, I would give all I had to help someone, that is just the way I am. I just find it so hard to believe the people who will take advantage of you when you are down and out. My sister actually called me and said she thought I was smarter than that, she said folks are like buzzards when you are down. You know I found that to be true, by a small group that was very happy to steal what little I had left, but I do know everone is not that way. I want the old times back, where we look out for our friends and neighbors, where we help a stranger in need. Does that make sense?
you know me

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

I know times are not good and it is going to get much worse, shortly, but to have folks that just offer is a blessing in itself. Just those 3 words, Can I help? will really lift you spirits, it makes you not feel alone.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

"New Zealand Man Hospitalized After Lighting Fireworks In Butt."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/30/new-zea...

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

I know what hardship is.My daddy was in service and in Italy three years.My baby brother died while he was gone,career navy. We had a very hard time.My husband was in a wheel chair 15 months thru 5 operations to save his left leg.We got nothing. It was very hard.
But now you can get out to auctions and yard sales and find nice things cheap.
We just have to take what we have and go from today forward.See what we can do .
And it is not our fault that people take our things.But in a fire,you never know who's coming to so call "help".Sorry for your hardship.
you know me

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Well is there anyone here that I can help, I will do my best. See, now this is becoming a good thing. We have to be better people. I will do what I can for anyone, day or night

“Ill Bill's the Best”

Icno's Sock Drawer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Hello everyone. I hope you've had a nice day.
hello

White House, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Thank you you know me. Made me smile today

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Charlie_Girl wrote:
IT WAS A BUSY DAY!GRANDAUGHTERS,cars cleaed up,
BIRTHDAY COOKOUT,YES,busy but nice.

TO cemetery to put birdseed in feeder for birds.Son's grave has a bird feeder.Didn't know sunflower seeds are in bird feed.
Helped his 17 year old dgtr clean up her little car.
Spent Saturday with his other daughter 19.Both girls left behind with his death at 41.Was disabled 20 years.
Then to another family member's cookout for another grandaughter's 20th birthday.

“DaJudge's Rulings Are Final”

Since: Sep 10

Proud to be a Troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Really Sassy wrote:
"New Zealand Man Hospitalized After Lighting Fireworks In Butt."
Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/07/30/new-zea...
Hell, they do that here in the states. Can find a bunch of it on YouTube.
you know me

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

hello wrote:
Thank you you know me. Made me smile today
You are very welcome but I say that with all my heart.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

WarriorJudge wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell, they do that here in the states. Can find a bunch of it on YouTube.
I would say that's a good way to "get your Azz blown away". Sorry, I just couldn't resist!:)

“DaJudge's Rulings Are Final”

Since: Sep 10

Proud to be a Troll

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that's a good way to "get your Azz blown away". Sorry, I just couldn't resist!:)
Talk about a pain in the arse...lol

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

you know me wrote:
Just so you folks know, I am actually a very free hearted person. I take it after my mother, I would give all I had to help someone, that is just the way I am. I just find it so hard to believe the people who will take advantage of you when you are down and out. My sister actually called me and said she thought I was smarter than that, she said folks are like buzzards when you are down. You know I found that to be true, by a small group that was very happy to steal what little I had left, but I do know everone is not that way. I want the old times back, where we look out for our friends and neighbors, where we help a stranger in need. Does that make sense?
It makes very good sense But I have one thing more to add. You say that you want the offer but would not accept the help. Maybe the people closest to you know that and do not want to insult you by offering?

The ones that took what little you had left are low lifes and not the norm I assure. I will gladly help someone in need, but I will only help them to help themselves. I have seen people on the corner with a sign "will work for food" I have offered them work. They declined the work but still wanted a handout not a hand up. Needless to say, after a few times like that, you stop offering.

I have one story I am fond of repeating. I was on Broadway in Nashville one day just shopping and taking in the sites. A young fella walks up to me and asks me for a dollar for a beer. I gave it to him, even though I had refused many others who had asked for a dollar for food. I had been watching these people panhandling all day. None of them bought food. They all bought beer. I gave the one guy the money because he was honest with me about why he wanted it.

Hardly a day goes by that I don't get approached in a truck stop by someone who is traveling and has their pregnant wife in the car and it is out of gas. I can't afford to fund the travels of every irresponsible person on the road. I have never left on a trip without the funds to make that trip. I admit that I have gotten very hard hearted about these things. But they need to learn some how.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

123pictures wrote:
I know what hardship is.My daddy was in service and in Italy three years.My baby brother died while he was gone,career navy. We had a very hard time.My husband was in a wheel chair 15 months thru 5 operations to save his left leg.We got nothing. It was very hard.
But now you can get out to auctions and yard sales and find nice things cheap.
We just have to take what we have and go from today forward.See what we can do .
And it is not our fault that people take our things.But in a fire,you never know who's coming to so call "help".Sorry for your hardship.
After the fire we had, we furnished our new home by driving around and looking for furniture that others had set out by the curb for trash pickup. We even got some appliances that way. You would be surprised what people throw out.

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Charlie_Girl wrote:
Hi CG.. had to go to Dr. Sore throat. Other than that everything is OK. Hope you are doing well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

WarriorJudge wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about a pain in the arse...lol
Lol! Good One!:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2012

Judged:

Don't you wonder how many times this same type of thing has been done to the translation of the Bible...just "to help us understand it's meaning better"? In case you don't know, I can tell you that it's been done a lot of times!
----------
"New Bible Translation Has Screenplay Format."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 52,941 - 52,960 of58,318
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

65 Users are viewing the Rogersville Forum right now

Search the Rogersville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Judge Ross delinquent property tax 37 min My Two Cents 26
Sagebush Steakhouse 1 hr jojo 42
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr bob 8,504
Wonder if Mr Stewart will have the same outcome? 1 hr I think 5
Five people Republicans should ignore 5 hr Dick Cheney 6
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 8 hr Get Real 8,461
What is percentage of child support 10 hr Well 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rogersville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rogersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••