First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just sayin

Johnson City, TN

#1 Aug 8, 2012
I went into Halo's Closet for the 2nd time earlier this week and was shocked at how awful the store looked, smelt and what they had to offer. I love consignment shopping and thought Halo's would be more of nicer consignment store versus a thrift store but I found out otherwise! Is it always like this? I'm sure there are many in our community that may like the store selection but I am going to only shop for nice name brand like new clothing not old outdated shrunken stained clothing that I wouldn't even give away! I didn't see anything in the store I would think twice about purchasing. I don't see how anyone can shop there. I honestly believe the Shepard Center has better to offer. The store was unorganized and had such a horrible smell! I have marked them off my list for any future visits. Luckily we have some other nicer options in town and in Kingsport! Have others had these experiences?
Sounds to me

Rogersville, TN

#2 Aug 8, 2012
So which consignment store do you run? Otherwise, why would you post this?
Just sayin

Johnson City, TN

#3 Aug 8, 2012
I don't run any consignment store. I was just shocked at how the inside of the store looked. I expected much better and was curious if others have had this experience or maybe it normally isn't like this. I shop at one in Kingsport on Colonial Heights called Almost New Kingsport. It has a great selection of Justice, A&F and Hollister and has a clean store. I also shop at the one on the West end of town and have found lots of nice items there. Again nice and clean with good brands. It looks small from outside but they have quit a bit. I also like one in Knoxville and the local Clothing Carousel. Just expected this one being right downtown and location to offer more.
ann

Kingsport, TN

#4 Aug 8, 2012
Community Clothes Closet in Church Hill has nice ,clean clothing ,very cheap
Bobo Bailey

Kingsport, TN

#5 Aug 9, 2012
Obviously you have a motive with your posts. Could it be advertising for the other stores while putting Halo's Closet down? How's that little plan working for you?
Just Saying

United States

#6 Aug 9, 2012
Thanks Ann, I haven't been to that one but will have to try it. Someone also just told me about another one in Church Hill that I plan to try.

@ Bobo Bailey...have you shopped in Halo's or do you just want to post about your accusations of my intent? And you have it so right....all the other stores from here to Kingsport have teamed up to pay me big bucks!!!! If only, lol!
Bobo Bailey

Kingsport, TN

#7 Aug 9, 2012
I'm simply saying that this is the wrong place to complain if you're just complaining. Have you talked to the owner? I haven't ever even been in the place, but it seems to me that instead of going on a public forum that is known for trashing people/places you might want to speak to someone who can actually do something about it. Unless you just don't want people to go there, which means you have a reason other than you've stated.
do tell

United States

#8 Aug 9, 2012
I think you struck a nerve. Lol
Just Saying

Johnson City, TN

#9 Aug 9, 2012
@ Do Tell...no nerve struck. Checking Topix is not my highest priority.

@ Bobo....Good idea. I'm not familiar with the owner but I can take the advice of calling, however I'm not sure the owner will be pleased with answering why she advertises to have a nice boutique store while only offering the opposite. Open forums usually offer different opinions and experiences.
Bobo Bailey

Kingsport, TN

#10 Aug 10, 2012
Yep, we're both entitled to our opinions and experiences. In my opinion, you're throwing stones for reasons other than you're telling. You're not familiar with the owner, but yet you know that "she" might not be pleased with talking to you about her store.
Michael

Kingsport, TN

#11 Aug 10, 2012
The owner is smoking hot. I go there sometimes just to see her smoking body.
Just Saying

United States

#12 Aug 10, 2012
@ Bobo....I have no idea who the owner is, using "she" was automatic and made the point that whoever the owner is will probably not be very responsive but I could be wrong. I've voiced my opinion and going back & forth with you on my intent is an obvious waste of time. For someone who has never shopped in the store, why do you care? And If topix is a place where you believe people just bash one another then why do you read & post on here!
Bobo Bailey

Kingsport, TN

#13 Aug 10, 2012
Yep, it's a waste of time because you'll never admit I'm right. I post when people bash for no reason. I'll waste no more of your time...my point is made.
Good People

Kingsport, TN

#14 Aug 10, 2012
I like these people. They have always been fair.
know better

United States

#15 Aug 11, 2012
I have been in there many times and got some good things. I guess you expected Macys.
boo

Knoxville, TN

#16 Aug 13, 2012
what happend too the girl sheena i think her name is
rog vegas

Knoxville, TN

#17 Aug 15, 2012
let me know about sheena
Shut up

Kingsport, TN

#18 Aug 17, 2012
Sheena was a druggie from what I saw, every time I came into the store and she was working she acted high. I told the owner this myself, how she was acting . I came back and she was fired. Im glad the owner go rid of her to many hard working good people in need of a job.i have no passions for druggies.... I am sure this is Just a posted started by a disgruntled ex employe ....
regina

United States

#20 Aug 17, 2012
To be honest we have the highest price consignments store around anywhere kingsport and morristown is much cheaper and mountain star mall is a joke you can go to ben frankins and get much cheaper and the people is much nicer there .people wonders why we go out of town and shop they need to close mountain star mall down and everybody go elsewhere and shop.that placw is a disgrace to the county.. nuff said.
disgusted

Kingsport, TN

#21 Oct 29, 2012
I used to take things in for consignment there. Never made any money there but made plenty of money at other consignment shops. I went to pick up my things and got back very little compared to what I dropped off. I happened to stop in the other day and there on their racks were a bunch of the things I had dropped off and to my horror they didnt have my number on them but in fact had "store" written on them. This place is run by conartists. I will not give them any more business and I hope any one that uses them will start to see they are being ripped off as well. They should close their doors and find somewhere else to go. Its not good business practice to steal from those that are your source of income, not a smart move.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Johnathan Lawson 4 hr the cross 6
Sam Dong Closing (Jan '14) 5 hr Hobbit 1234 62
who's narcing in rogersville? 6 hr NARC 46
Dentist and daughter accused of TennCare fraud 12 hr Gregs cuz 17
Why do Republicans hate Jesus & Christianity 14 hr Josh Jones 3
Misinformed USA: Why average Americans vote GOP 14 hr Josh Jones 9
Swingers in Hawkins County (Dec '09) 18 hr For sure 57
Replace Current EMA and 911 Director and their ... Thu Fact Jack 9
Roger Stewart Wed Notdumb 25
Rogersville Dating