East Rogersville Baptist Church

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Why not

Knoxville, TN

#1 Oct 12, 2010
The pastor said they where 5 married couples in his church getting a divorce. Wounder who they are?

“ I Love you guy's”

Since: Jun 08

Rogersville,Tennessee

#2 Oct 12, 2010
I don't know sweetie, but why would you post this on Topix. Instead of wanting to start a good ol' Topix Bashing, why not keep it to yourself and pray for these couples, if this is even true, that they will be able to work out their differences and stay together Like the vow's they took said they would.
Just me

Knoxville, TN

#3 Oct 12, 2010
Why didnt the pastor just name them sunday. Then we would all know?
Clown of town

White Pine, TN

#4 Oct 12, 2010
Wonder why you are so nosey? You think thats something to put on topix. Guess who's gettin a divorce??? The nosey gossiping people in this town are part of the reason for a few divorces I know of. Interfering in other peoples lives is never a good thing and sometimes causes more damage than people realize. Go by the old saying Do unto others, as you would have done unto yourself. Another helpful one- Worry about yourself, not everybody else!
OK With Me

Knoxville, TN

#5 Oct 12, 2010
Buffy One wrote:
I don't know sweetie, but why would you post this on Topix. Instead of wanting to start a good ol' Topix Bashing, why not keep it to yourself and pray for these couples, if this is even true, that they will be able to work out their differences and stay together Like the vow's they took said they would.
The pastor did not keep it to himself
OK With Me

Knoxville, TN

#6 Oct 12, 2010
Clown of town wrote:
Wonder why you are so nosey? You think thats something to put on topix. Guess who's gettin a divorce??? The nosey gossiping people in this town are part of the reason for a few divorces I know of. Interfering in other peoples lives is never a good thing and sometimes causes more damage than people realize. Go by the old saying Do unto others, as you would have done unto yourself. Another helpful one- Worry about yourself, not everybody else!
I bet they put in on topix so we could all pray for them r u praying?
GOOD NIGHT

Johnson City, TN

#7 Oct 12, 2010
OK With Me wrote:
<quoted text>I bet they put in on topix so we could all pray for them r u praying?
Thats exactly right. I know that you know that I know and that they know that I know that the bible says to blast peoples names on topix as long as its in the form of a prayer request its all good. The Rogersville way. gotta love it.

“ I Love you guy's”

Since: Jun 08

Rogersville,Tennessee

#8 Oct 12, 2010
OK With Me wrote:
<quoted text>The pastor did not keep it to himself
No, the pastor did not keep it to himself, but should have, if
indeed it is true. I would say the same thing to him if he would have put it on Topix. Maybe the pastor will read this topic.
Awful

Mount Juliet, TN

#9 Oct 12, 2010
If the pastor did say this, I think that is horrible. I don't care the circumstances, that was not his announcement to make.
Not the First

Kingsport, TN

#10 Oct 12, 2010
Awful wrote:
If the pastor did say this, I think that is horrible. I don't care the circumstances, that was not his announcement to make.
If he did say this he sure wouldn't be the 1st pastor in Rogersville to gossip. Most of them do! I realize I'm not the judge but they are called by God to set an example to the rest of the world.
Peter G

Kingsport, TN

#11 Oct 13, 2010
I guess after their divorce it will still be a secret they will continue around town and in church together so nobody will know. Maybe the Pastor has done all he could do in private with no result and needs to bring it before the church. Sorry Folks but thats his job.
need to find out

Knoxville, TN

#12 Oct 13, 2010
The only divorces i want to know about is the men who have large bank acc. If they dont have then they might aswell stay married i could never love them.
We will see

Knoxville, TN

#13 Oct 13, 2010
Peter G wrote:
I guess after their divorce it will still be a secret they will continue around town and in church together so nobody will know. Maybe the Pastor has done all he could do in private with no result and needs to bring it before the church. Sorry Folks but thats his job.
I would think his job would be to turn it over to the lord not the church. We will know who the five couples r sunday.they will be the ones not at church
citizen

Rogersville, TN

#14 Oct 13, 2010
i think that this is nobodies bussiness.if we know about this we should pray for these people that they may find away to work their problem out.i do not know why a pastor would talk about this in church.i guess he has a reason.maybe his sermon was on marriages in trouble and talked about forgiving.a family breaking up is always sad.so lets pray that some how they can work it out.

“Cant wait to find out boy/girl”

Since: Mar 10

Orlando Florida

#15 Oct 13, 2010
Just because he says people are getting a divorce does not make him a bad person. IF he would have called those people out, yes it would be wrong. ALl he is doing is bringing it to the church so that these couples could get extra prayer. He did not say "hey jim bob and susie are untying the knot" So there ya have it. I see nothing wrong with what he did.
Instead of trying to find out who it is, try saying a prayer for those unnamed folks!
question

Johnson City, TN

#16 Oct 14, 2010
preg with number 3 wrote:
Just because he says people are getting a divorce does not make him a bad person. IF he would have called those people out, yes it would be wrong. ALl he is doing is bringing it to the church so that these couples could get extra prayer. He did not say "hey jim bob and susie are untying the knot" So there ya have it. I see nothing wrong with what he did.
Instead of trying to find out who it is, try saying a prayer for those unnamed folks!
how many members does that church have?
We will see

Knoxville, TN

#17 Oct 14, 2010
question wrote:
<quoted text>
how many members does that church have?
We have 5 less couples now
Just Wondering

AOL

#18 Oct 14, 2010
preg with number 3 wrote:
If you were the one he had his affair with.
question

Johnson City, TN

#19 Oct 14, 2010
We will see wrote:
<quoted text>We have 5 less couples now
That is the saddest part, just when they needed the church the most. Shame that foolish words outa a pastor's mouth work as instruments of the devil. just very sad.
IN OUR CHURCH

Knoxville, TN

#20 Oct 14, 2010
We would have gotten details.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reno Street 47 min info 26
Fact-checkers: Fox News lies 82% of the time 49 min jones 12
Just Another Obama Lack of Transparency 1 hr Give peace a chance 4
Obama & Kerry Continue to Weaken US Position Ag... 1 hr Calhoun 3
GOP plans to ruin America to keep out beaners 2 hr Calhoun 6
Tree guy 3 hr What I heard 4
kayla holliman prego? (Apr '11) 4 hr citizen k 14
Hale Springs going downhill 21 hr Former Frequenter 8
Rogersville Dating
Find my Match