RickMath

Atlanta, IL

#43571 Aug 12, 2012
Government hasn't the faintest clue how much you should weigh. Would Americans truly be better off if they slimmed down? Does government really know how much people should weigh?
Is Michelle Obama Trying to Kill Me? One person's apples are another's poison. Are regulators and perhaps Michelle Obama trying to kill me with their "good intentions"?
Pelosi:'My Work in Politics' Is 'An Extension of My Role as a Mom'. House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said that she views her role in politics as an extension of her role as a mother.... Pelosi said, "Look, I am a mom and a grandmother. I view my work in politics as an extension of my role as a mom. There are things we want to do for our children that are simply beyond us."
Colorado day-care center proposal: Dolls must represent at least three different races.
Day Care Centers Mandate Milk and Race Of Dolls. Day care centers in Colorado may have to meet new rules that regulate everything from the race of dolls to how much TV kids can watch....[For example,] Children over 2 years old shall be served 1 percent, 2 percent or skim milk (unless directed in writing by a child's health care provider).
RickMath

Atlanta, IL

#43572 Aug 12, 2012
Top 10 Most Egregious Government Regulations.[#10] Multicultural doll mandate: The Colorado Department of Human Services is proposing new rules to require all day care centers in the state to have dolls available that represent the three different races. The guideline is part of a 98-page document that sets new rules for child care that include what kids can drink, how long they can watch TV, and mandates for field trips and sunscreen use. One wonders how the state, which has been working on the measure since 2006, will go about enforcing the law.
Tobacco-style food regulations? The federal government has a growing interest in the eating habits of Americans for the same reason it has an interest in tobacco consumption, said Kathleen Sebelius, the secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. The reason is money, because three-quarters of medical-spending is driven by chronic diseases, such as obesity and tobacco-related diseases, she said.
I Don't Care If You're Fat. I don't care if you're fat. I don't care if your kids are fat. It's none of my business. If you want to lose some weight, be my guest. Or, like Michelle Obama, if you just want to have a juicy hamburger, some fries, and a chocolate shake, that's fine, too.... I don't care. It is none of my business if you're fat. It is surely not the government's business if you're fat.
Feds want us to live like children. We spend the first part of our lives trying to grow up, and, apparently, millions of us spend the rest of our lives hoping to live like children. How else to explain the desire to "save" Social Security and Medicare? Since 1935 for Social Security and 1965 for Medicare, older Americans have expected government to take care of them, as if they are children incapable of taking care of themselves. Nanny state, indeed.
Emergency Alert System to Be Announced in NYC. A new national emergency alert system that will send messages to cell phones during disasters will be launched in New York City by the end of the year.
Emergency alert system set to launch. If you get an urgent message on your cell phone from President Obama later this year, it's not a prank. Under a new emergency notification system being announced tomorrow by Mayor Bloomberg and federal officials, anyone carrying an "enabled" mobile device within range of a cell phone tower would be alerted what to do in case of emergency.
Washington Invents an Anti-Bullying Law. There's no federal law against bullying or homophobia. So the Department of Education recently decided to invent one.
No need to vote on this the mayor knows what's best for you. Menino Bans Sugary Drink Sales On Boston City Property. Mayor Tom Menino issued an executive order to ban the sale of sugary drinks on Boston city property on Thursday. "I want to make this a healthier choice, the easier choice in people's daily lives, whether it's the schools, the work sites or other places in the community," Menino said.
Menino expands sugary drink ban. Mayor Thomas M. Menino said yesterday [4/7/2011] that he is expanding his ban on sugar-sweetened drinks in schools to include all city properties and functions, a sweeping restriction that means that calorie-laden soft drinks, juices with added sugar, and sports drinks like Gatorade will no longer be offered in vending machines, concession stands, and city-run meetings, programs and events.
Boston Mayor Thomas Menino KOs Soda, OKs Alcohol. Boston Mayor Thomas Menino has banned soda, sports drinks and sweetened ice teas from city property, according to a recent government press release. In an attempt to reduce the city's rising obesity rates, Menino has banned all sugary drinks from city vending machines, cafeterias and concession stands, just one day after reaching an agreement with the Boston Red Sox that allows the team to sell mixed drinks at its ballpark.
RickMath

Atlanta, IL

#43573 Aug 12, 2012
School Lunch Madness. About one third of American kids are now overweight, and poorer children are the most likely to be in that category. So, educators are correct to be concerned about the nutritional welfare of their students. Every school should be encouraging good health, right? But forcing parents to buy school food is going too far. This is nanny state stuff. I know that under President Obama the nation is heading in that direction, but it is now time to pause and smell the meatloaf.

Our tax dollars at mealtime. How did our ancestors survive without the government telling them what and how to eat?

Feds lead charge for alcohol detector. A quick-check alcohol detector designed to stop drunks from driving off was hailed yesterday [1/28/2011] by U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood as a jump forward in the war against drunken driving, while also raising concerns about nanny-state intrusions.

When Agencies Rule Our Lives. Am I the only one becoming increasingly concerned about the amount of power federal agencies have over every aspect of our lives? Everywhere we turn it seems some agency is telling Americans what they can and can't do, whether it's the health care we need, the technology we use, the financial decisions we make, the food we eat or the air we breathe.

It takes a vittle: First lady engineers government takeover of children's food. The Obama administration is committed to bringing more government into the lives of Americans. First lady Michelle Obama grabbed the spotlight Monday at the District's Harriet Tubman Elementary School to promote an anti-obesity initiative in service of this goal. She seeks to shift responsibility for feeding America's children away from parents and into the hands of Washington bureaucrats. Declaring childhood breakfast, lunch and dinner menu options an issue of national security, Mrs. Obama asserted, "We can't just leave it up to the parents."

Michelle's free lunch: This free lunch bill, is not quite the free lunch it appears to be; it is paid for by reductions in funding for food stamps where people can actually select what food to buy for their kids, say potatoes or potato chips, in their food desserts. And why do so many kids get "half their daily calories from school meals"? This is another area of responsibility removed from the parent(s) and handed over to the government; parents don't even have to make their kids lunch to take to school.

Should We Ban Walking While Wired? You've had the experience of walking along and negotiating around someone who is walking slowly, weaving, or bumping into other pedestrians for an obvious reason: He or she is talking on a cell phone, listening to an iPod, or texting on a Blackberry. And you've had the natural, inevitable response to this annoyance: demanding a law to prevent it.

Distracted while strolling. I'm too old to need a crossing guard to look after me at public intersections, and if I did, I wouldn't pick New York state senator Carl Kruger (D-Brooklyn) to do the job. Kruger's the guy who wants to ban "distracted walking" by pedestrians on public roadways. According to The New York Times, the bill he's introduced in Albany "would ban the use of mobile phones, iPods or other electronic devices while crossing streets."

Pennsylvania builders unhappy with state-imposed sprinkler mandate. While many Pennsylvanians celebrated the arrival of 2011 on New Year's Eve, home builders in the state likely did not blow their bugles and pop their poppers with quite as much exuberance. That is because this year marks the beginning of a new government mandate in Pennsylvania requiring that all new one- and two-family homes have an automatic fire sprinkler system a feature that costs thousands of dollars.
RickMath

Atlanta, IL

#43575 Aug 12, 2012
Animal Farm by George Orwell, about Communism. 1984 is another AWESOME film.

PROPHETIC Film, 1984.

should watch Network also
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074958/

Since: Aug 12

Savannah, TN

#43576 Aug 12, 2012
And everyone in the house said Amen.
Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#43577 Aug 12, 2012
RickMath wrote:
Animal Farm by George Orwell, about Communism. 1984 is another AWESOME film.
PROPHETIC Film, 1984.
should watch Network also
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074958/
war is peace and peace is war.....

the only way to keep people even remotely interested in the fact that they are being governed at all, is to keep them at war with someone at all times......
RickMath

Atlanta, IL

#43578 Aug 12, 2012
A democracy is the easiest dictatorship. as long as people THINK they are free the will not revolt.

A prison without bars.

Learn the truth consfearacynewz .blogspot .com
Belmont hill Mitt

Anderson, CA

#43579 Aug 12, 2012
Exasperated1 wrote:
<quoted text>
in other words, just accept the derrogatory, childish, and immature remarks I receive but don't dare defend or reciprocate. Rather humorous, most especially, since you do your own share of "bile issuance" without provocation.
wow, you're learning, and fast.

In every case where ive gotten too far intom the bile, all I had to do was take the high ground to improve the situation.

everybody gets mad.

they taech you in the first grade that its not ok to match someone elses bad behavior.

take the high ground wherevere and when ever you can.

while giving everybody a peice of your tea party philosophy!!
Unreal

Knoxville, TN

#43580 Aug 12, 2012
I am all for that banning men peeing standing up part - you all have terrible aim :)

Since: Aug 12

Savannah, TN

#43581 Aug 12, 2012
Unreal wrote:
I am all for that banning men peeing standing up part - you all have terrible aim :)
don't be doing no 2 in the urinals
Gary Ellis

United States

#43582 Aug 12, 2012
RickMath wrote:
trust the govt to do the right thing?
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I don't trust the govt to do sh1t.
Govt's ALL THROUGH HISTORY have done nothing but SH1T on the people! FACT!
Govts are for one purpose TO GOVERN! CONTROL!!!
From Websters.
Definition of GOVERN
transitive verb
a : to exercise continuous sovereign authority over; especially : to control and direct the making and administration of policy in b : to rule without sovereign power and usually without having the authority to determine basic policy
a archaic : manipulate b : to control the speed of (as a machine) especially by automatic means
a : to control, direct, or strongly influence the actions and conduct of b : to exert a determining or guiding influence in or over <income must govern expenditure> c : to hold in check : restrain
: to require (a word) to be in a certain case
: to serve as a precedent or deciding principle for <customs that govern human decisions>
intransitive verb
: to prevail or have decisive influence : control
: to exercise authority
Sorry but I don't need the govt telling what to eat, what to drive, that I have to wear a helmet, that I have to wear a seat belt, what size soda I can drink, how much butter I an put on my popcorn, what I can or cannot put into my body.
When and where I can speak my mind, where I can walk, what I can or cannot do. I don't need a govt to tax me on everything I am SUPPOSED to already OWN. I worked my ass off and paid for it why the fvck should i have to still pay on it through taxes. it's like paying for the PRIVILEGE to have something.
What business is it of Mayor Michael Bloomberg's if merchants in New York City want to sell soft drinks in containers that hold more than 16 ounces, and if customers want to buy them?
What vital public purpose was served by banning food merchants from using trans fats in their wares?
What will be the compelling government interest if New York City decides to slap limits on the size of milkshakes or movie theater popcorn servings -- possibilities the food Gestapo, aka the New York City Board of Health, is mulling as it maps out further plans to force-feed the public its version of correct living?
Swedish Left Party Chapter Wants To Make Urinating While Standing Illegal For Men
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/swed ...
Soda Ban: Could Movie-Theater Popcorn Be Outlawed, Too?
http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2012/06/soda-ba ...
Should This Milk Be Legal?
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/08/dining/08ra ...
DO YOU F***ING PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT OUR LIVES ARE BEING MICROMANAGED AT EVERY LEVEL?
If there is one thing we can all do without, it is an overreaching intrusive federal government which goes to great lengths to protect us from ourselves at our expense. Nor do we need a micromanaging, nit-picking Big Brother to prohibit everything that isn't mandatory.
The U.S. government recently outlawed the incandescent bulb! The environmental lobbyists insist that we use fluorescent bulbs, whether we like them or not.
Apparently We're Too Stupid To Run Our Own Lives. A young mother I know recently said, "When I saw the president on TV telling us how to wash our hands, I knew this country was coming to an end. I'm 30 years old and I don't need the government to tell me how to wash up or what foods are good for me." For that matter, I told her, how about those light bulbs we're supposed to buy the ones that are more expensive; made in China and require a hazmat team to clean up if they break?
LOL Yep...I was thinking about the "governor" on the lawn mower the other day. It will never allow the mower to reach it's full potential. "Thinking that people can't live without government, is like thinking animals can't live without farms."
Gary Ellis

United States

#43583 Aug 12, 2012
No-NotMe wrote:
And everyone in the house said Amen.
LOL AMEN and a side order of Preach It Brother!
RickMath

Atlanta, IL

#43584 Aug 12, 2012
and now we have them wanting to put us all in MEGA cities.

read about it on my blog
consfearacynewz .blogspot .com
Gary Ellis

United States

#43585 Aug 12, 2012
Unreal wrote:
LOL The world is our urinal! and some things are best done outside.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

#43586 Aug 12, 2012
Vet, I know you are out there, so I want you to understand, that the House Budget Committee, led by Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis told a veteran group he is studying a plan to save $6 billion annually to V.A. by axeing enrollment of veterans who doesn't have a service related medical condition.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#43587 Aug 12, 2012
RickMath wrote:
and now we have them wanting to put us all in MEGA cities.
read about it on my blog
consfearacynewz .blogspot .com
You forgot smart meters and spying appliances and vans that drive by and can see through the walls in your house.Street lights that keep track of everyone.Then there's controlling the brain with frequencies fromm cell towers and micro-chips in your friggen brain.
The best part is we're paying the bill for them to mess with us.
Guess they don't trust us either.
Gary Ellis

United States

#43588 Aug 12, 2012
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot smart meters and spying appliances and vans that drive by and can see through the walls in your house.Street lights that keep track of everyone.Then there's controlling the brain with frequencies fromm cell towers and micro-chips in your friggen brain.
The best part is we're paying the bill for them to mess with us.
Guess they don't trust us either.
Crazy ain't it? Funding our own demise.
teacher

Livingston, TN

#43589 Aug 12, 2012
Gary Ellis wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Yep...I was thinking about the "governor" on the lawn mower the other day. It will never allow the mower to reach it's full potential. "Thinking that people can't live without government, is like thinking animals can't live without farms."
Animals can live without farms.
Hey

Manchester, TN

#43590 Aug 12, 2012
Do you think the problem is they have small dickiedoos and all this controll is just them trying to compensate?
I forgot the drones.
Yesterday I was walking past my fireplace and heard this buzzing flapping noise and I'm thinking what if a drone got stuck in your chimney.
Would it legaly belong to me.Is possession still 9/10ths of the law?
Why

New Market, TN

#43592 Aug 12, 2012
At last someone(Rickmath) speaks with intelligence,on this left wing forum. I never though it would happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rogersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nation Of Islam 42 min Bonjour 37
Rachel Wallace DUI and wrecked car with Boyfri... 1 hr ex friend 4
Amy Jeffers 2 hr Old TImer 18
angie the snitch catron 3 hr so true 2
Charter Cable $$$ 4 hr Larry the cable Guy 13
Blood on their hands 6 hr billyG 5
Swingers in Hawkins County (Dec '09) 6 hr come on 58
Dentist and daughter accused of TennCare fraud 22 hr Really?? 21
Rogersville Dating
Find my Match