Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Rogersville Forum

Comments (Page 2,031)

Showing posts 40,601 - 40,620 of123,450
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Timbuk2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you spell Charlie Rangel?
How about Timothy Geithner?
And don't forget Tom Daschle who failed to pay more than $100,000 in back taxes for perks he received as one of Washington’s most relentless influence-peddlers — that is, until he realized he might receive a job in the Obama administration spending the money most Americans conscientiously send to Washington.
Al Franken failed to pay at least $70,000 in taxes to 17 states prior to running for office.
John Kerry failed to pay Massachusetts tax on his yacht.
Sen. Claire McCaskill, after using taxpayer money to cover the cost of her political travel, Claire McCaskill is selling her private plane. McCaskill will also be sending a check for nearly $300,000 in back taxes to St. Louis County.
Maybe that’s why democrats are for raising taxes and making new taxes. They know it won’t affect them since so many of them don’t pay federal taxes.
Tim, that's Conservative Propaganda BS, whether you have reasoned it out enough to know that cannot possibly be true or not, I can't say...but, that's what it is...Far Right-Wing Propaganda BS!
Gary Ellis

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
It's about time! I couldn't believe this wasn't being done all along. They're still not going to list but the Two (third) Parties who filed the Lawsuit, though, which I think is just ridiculous...and blaming the Judge's "specific" orders!
----------
"Tennessee Ballot Now Will List Party Affiliations."
Click here:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/aug...
Great Scott Sassy!!! Believe it or not, we have common ground lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Gary Ellis wrote:
<quoted text>Great Scott Sassy!!! Believe it or not, we have common ground lol
Are you sure? You wouldn't BS me now, would you? Lol!
Gary Ellis

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Really Sassy wrote:
I'm posting this Link in an effort to show you Selfish, Self-centered Teapublicans with the "Me, Me, Me, it's all about Me & what I should have"- attitude, that your views are totally out-of-sych with the rest of the World's Civilized Countries' humanitarian beliefs & efforts not only for their own Nation's People but also, for other Nations' Peoples as well.
----------
"Olympic Hosts Urge World To Unite Against Hunger."
Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/08/11/olympic...
OK Sooo...back to our disagreements...lol....First, I don't consider myself a "Tea-Publican". But, it's not a matter of "Me, Me, Me", but rather "Mine, Mine, Mine". Robbing one at gunpoint is "Me, Me, Me". Doing what one wishes with the fruit of their labor is far from selfish. Where I would prefer to use my fruits to feed the hungry, govt prefers to rob me of my fruits to bomb and kill innocent people who have done nothing. Therein lies the difference.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Gary Ellis wrote:
<quoted text>OK Sooo...back to our disagreements...lol....First, I don't consider myself a "Tea-Publican". But, it's not a matter of "Me, Me, Me", but rather "Mine, Mine, Mine". Robbing one at gunpoint is "Me, Me, Me". Doing what one wishes with the fruit of their labor is far from selfish. Where I would prefer to use my fruits to feed the hungry, govt prefers to rob me of my fruits to bomb and kill innocent people who have done nothing. Therein lies the difference.
While I don't necessarily disagree with you about the "bombing & killing" of innocent People, because I don't know one way or the other, you have no choice but to trust the Gov't. to do the right thing. That's why it's important to try & elect the right Leaders & not elect them just on one or a few issues, alone. We aren't in a position to know all the Gov't. knows to make those decisions or to even second-guess the Gov't. All we can do is listen carefully to what a Candidate says, reason it out the best that we can with information from as many unbiased sources as we can find, then vote accordingly & hope that we made the right decision in the Leaders we voted for.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

And he's made a fortune off his books he's been writing as president.A multi- millionaire.Why would he want to quit?
Bush left a quagmire but also how many have had a 9-11 to be traumatized by?
Think about the man and what a shock when he's reading to school children.Seems his record was already cut out for him without his doing one thing.
America was thrown into shock.
It is not good for Obama to be president.He simply cannot do this job,too much at stake.WE need a man who Congress respects and the country supports.
Lies about birth certifiate,not producing the real one,tardiness in acting,something to hide.It's been his true downfall at my house.
WE need a fresh new start and to clean America up.
Much more to this job that running upon a stage,
smiling,saying a few words.
America needs a new face to trust again.Obama trust is not there.Not around here.
wow

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim, that's Conservative Propaganda BS, whether you have reasoned it out enough to know that cannot possibly be true or not, I can't say...but, that's what it is...Far Right-Wing Propaganda BS!
again dumb slut,its truth that you want to believe is a lie. you know nothing about truth,all you do is get on here and post lies and b/s. which shows all you want to do is be an attention whore.it was all in the liberal news media,but im sure your old ass cant remember cause you have dementia and was on your back making a living
Gary Ellis

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that gas was 32 cents a gallon in the late 60's & you could buy a nice 3-bedroom house for $10,000, don't you?$3600 was a lot of money back then! I don't know what college tuition was back then because the biggest majority of Kids didn't go to college.There were a lot of good-paying jobs available & most Kids went to work when they got out of High School & those jobs paid enough, thanks to the Unions, that most Wives didn't have to work. Their Husbands made a very comfortable Living, with Full Nedical Benefits, for him & his Family & up until the late 70's my Ex got his SS & Medicare paid in fully by April of each year.
And this my dear is part of the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on a people. Our real problems have been going on now for right at 100 years (regardless of which party was/is in control) with the passing of the 16th Amendment (the Federal Reserve Act). One must look at the 3 I's (Income Tax, Interest, & Inflation). All 3 go to the same criminal bankers due to our usage of their counterfeit money. A gallon of gas and a loaf of bread are still a gallon of gas and a loaf of bread. But due to the devaluing of the dollar, it now takes more to make the same purchase, the hidden "Inflation Tax".
Thomas Jefferson said it best over 200 years ago. "If the American people ever allow the banks issuing power of their currency, the banks and corporations which grow up around them, first by inflation then by deflation, will deprive the people of their wealth until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
Another quote from one M. Rothschild (Banker) " Give me control of a nation's money supply and I care not who makes her laws".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

One ore thing, the Gov't can't even tell it's People as much as they might like to, anymore...because in this age of the Internet & info beig transmitted to the World almost at th speed of light, if the Gov't. tells us , they are also telling our enemies at the same time. So, that is a real problem & one that alot of People, in this Country, don't stop to consider. But, Candidates & Public Officials in our Gov't. are constantly aware that every word they say is being monitored, World-wide.
Gary Ellis

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
While I don't necessarily disagree with you about the "bombing & killing" of innocent People, because I don't know one way or the other, you have no choice but to trust the Gov't. to do the right thing. That's why it's important to try & elect the right Leaders & not elect them just on one or a few issues, alone. We aren't in a position to know all the Gov't. knows to make those decisions or to even second-guess the Gov't. All we can do is listen carefully to what a Candidate says, reason it out the best that we can with information from as many unbiased sources as we can find, then vote accordingly & hope that we made the right decision in the Leaders we voted for.
Here I wholeheartedly must disagree. One should trust in their God, not their govt. Consider Hitler. I'm sure many Germans were trusting their govt.
chillax

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Gary Ellis wrote:
<quoted text>Here I wholeheartedly must disagree. One should trust in their God, not their govt. Consider Hitler. I'm sure many Germans were trusting their govt.
Trust in the Government? Is she truly that naive?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Gary Ellis wrote:
<quoted text>And this my dear is part of the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on a people. Our real problems have been going on now for right at 100 years (regardless of which party was/is in control) with the passing of the 16th Amendment (the Federal Reserve Act). One must look at the 3 I's (Income Tax, Interest, & Inflation). All 3 go to the same criminal bankers due to our usage of their counterfeit money. A gallon of gas and a loaf of bread are still a gallon of gas and a loaf of bread. But due to the devaluing of the dollar, it now takes more to make the same purchase, the hidden "Inflation Tax".
Thomas Jefferson said it best over 200 years ago. "If the American people ever allow the banks issuing power of their currency, the banks and corporations which grow up around them, first by inflation then by deflation, will deprive the people of their wealth until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
Another quote from one M. Rothschild (Banker) " Give me control of a nation's money supply and I care not who makes her laws".
There's one thing wrong with that theory...Prices go up on everything & they will continue to do so. The Gov't has to pay higher prices too, just like the rest of us! And even though the Founding Fathers were very wise in some of the things they said & did, this is a different world that we're living from theirs, and alot of things now weren't even thought possible way back then, & we cannot live in the past, even though you might want to. Proof of that is in the mere fact that you're posting on a Computer...the Founding Fathers & Leaders back then, would never have dreamed of such a thing in their wildest imagination. To try to apply their words of wisdom to today's age is just ludicrous, IMO!
Everything is much more complicated in this Nation & the world than it has ever been before & will continue to get more complicated with time, so there's no way One can say with any accuracy what is the Correct thing to do in any situation, without knowing every tiny detail that there is to know & the Citizens have no way of even knowing the basics, much less the full details. So, do your job of finding out as much about the Candidates as possible, learn to cut through the BS & Propaganda as much as possible, vote for the Leader of your choice after you've done all of that & then, you've done your duty & all you can do. The rest is their job, not yours...that's what you elected them for!
Gary Ellis

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
There's one thing wrong with that theory...Prices go up on everything & they will continue to do so. The Gov't has to pay higher prices too, just like the rest of us! And even though the Founding Fathers were very wise in some of the things they said & did, this is a different world that we're living from theirs, and alot of things now weren't even thought possible way back then, & we cannot live in the past, even though you might want to. Proof of that is in the mere fact that you're posting on a Computer...the Founding Fathers & Leaders back then, would never have dreamed of such a thing in their wildest imagination. To try to apply their words of wisdom to today's age is just ludicrous, IMO!
Everything is much more complicated in this Nation & the world than it has ever been before & will continue to get more complicated with time, so there's no way One can say with any accuracy what is the Correct thing to do in any situation, without knowing every tiny detail that there is to know & the Citizens have no way of even knowing the basics, much less the full details. So, do your job of finding out as much about the Candidates as possible, learn to cut through the BS & Propaganda as much as possible, vote for the Leader of your choice after you've done all of that & then, you've done your duty & all you can do. The rest is their job, not yours...that's what you elected them for!
First, there is nothing "theoretical" about Keynesian economics and Fractional Reserve Banking. It is a proven, designed to fail fact. As I said, inflation is a hidden tax, and that is what causes prices to increase. Fraud and counterfeiting is the same today as it was 200 or even 1000 years ago, regardless of technology. I will agree that with the internet there is NO excuse for one to not research a candidate and facts, if one truly cares and has an interest. My candidate of choice, Dr. Ron Paul.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Judged:

Gary Ellis wrote:
<quoted text>Here I wholeheartedly must disagree. One should trust in their God, not their govt. Consider Hitler. I'm sure many Germans were trusting their govt.
Ok, that ends it for me right there! When you start mixing Religion & Politics, I am vehemently against that & a Strong Believer in the Separation Of Church & State & vehemently against not allowing Everybody to believe or not to believe in whatever Faith they choose! It's a private thing, or should be & You nor I have any Right to bring it into a Political Discussion that governs all the People, not just the Ones who believe as you do!

IMO, that's what the Terrorists & their Jihad is all about & People like you are just the Christian-version of them! So, Good-bye!
American

Tazewell, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Dumbass*
Gary Ellis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, that ends it for me right there! When you start mixing Religion & Politics, I am vehemently against that & a Strong Believer in the Separation Of Church & State & vehemently against not allowing Everybody to believe or not to believe in whatever Faith they choose! It's a private thing, or should be & You nor I have any Right to bring it into a Political Discussion that governs all the People, not just the Ones who believe as you do!
IMO, that's what the Terrorists & their Jihad is all about & People like you are just the Christian-version of them! So, Good-bye!
LOL To the contrary, I wasn't combining the two. I'm just saying trusting in govt wont get ya nothing but a broken heart. You are quite correct about the Jihads and the like. And, unfortunately, many Christians have killed for those same reasons. Ever watched the movie "Animal Farm"?
Gary Ellis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL BTW...You've got a purdy short fuse ain't ya?
RickMath

Chenoa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

trust the govt to do the right thing?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't trust the govt to do sh1t.

Govt's ALL THROUGH HISTORY have done nothing but SH1T on the people! FACT!

Govts are for one purpose TO GOVERN! CONTROL!!!

From Websters.

Definition of GOVERN
transitive verb
a : to exercise continuous sovereign authority over; especially : to control and direct the making and administration of policy in b : to rule without sovereign power and usually without having the authority to determine basic policy
a archaic : manipulate b : to control the speed of (as a machine) especially by automatic means
a : to control, direct, or strongly influence the actions and conduct of b : to exert a determining or guiding influence in or over <income must govern expenditure> c : to hold in check : restrain
: to require (a word) to be in a certain case
: to serve as a precedent or deciding principle for <customs that govern human decisions>
intransitive verb
: to prevail or have decisive influence : control
: to exercise authority

Sorry but I don't need the govt telling what to eat, what to drive, that I have to wear a helmet, that I have to wear a seat belt, what size soda I can drink, how much butter I an put on my popcorn, what I can or cannot put into my body.

When and where I can speak my mind, where I can walk, what I can or cannot do. I don't need a govt to tax me on everything I am SUPPOSED to already OWN. I worked my ass off and paid for it why the fvck should i have to still pay on it through taxes. it's like paying for the PRIVILEGE to have something.

What business is it of Mayor Michael Bloomberg's if merchants in New York City want to sell soft drinks in containers that hold more than 16 ounces, and if customers want to buy them?

What vital public purpose was served by banning food merchants from using trans fats in their wares?

What will be the compelling government interest if New York City decides to slap limits on the size of milkshakes or movie theater popcorn servings -- possibilities the food Gestapo, aka the New York City Board of Health, is mulling as it maps out further plans to force-feed the public its version of correct living?

Swedish Left Party Chapter Wants To Make Urinating While Standing Illegal For Men
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/swed ...

Soda Ban: Could Movie-Theater Popcorn Be Outlawed, Too?
http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2012/06/soda-ba ...

Should This Milk Be Legal?
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/08/dining/08ra ...

DO YOU F***ING PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT OUR LIVES ARE BEING MICROMANAGED AT EVERY LEVEL?

If there is one thing we can all do without, it is an overreaching intrusive federal government which goes to great lengths to protect us from ourselves — at our expense. Nor do we need a micromanaging, nit-picking Big Brother to prohibit everything that isn't mandatory.

The U.S. government recently outlawed the incandescent bulb! The environmental lobbyists insist that we use fluorescent bulbs, whether we like them or not.

Apparently We're Too Stupid To Run Our Own Lives. A young mother I know recently said, "When I saw the president on TV telling us how to wash our hands, I knew this country was coming to an end. I'm 30 years old and I don't need the government to tell me how to wash up or what foods are good for me." For that matter, I told her, how about those light bulbs we're supposed to buy — the ones that are more expensive; made in China and require a hazmat team to clean up if they break?
RickMath

Chenoa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

The Feds' Intrusions Into American Farms and Families. According to The Raleigh Telegram, "the rule would have prevented children younger than 16 from doing 'agricultural work with animals and in pesticide handling, timber operations, manure pits and storage bins' while also forbidding them from using 'power-driven equipment' and working in the 'cultivation, harvesting and curing of tobacco.'" Can you imagine? What's next? The feds' crackdown making it illegal for kids to wash dishes, because a knife might cut them?

House overturns school bake sale ban. State lawmakers overturned a controversial ban on school bake sales this afternoon after a fierce public outcry over school nutrition guidelines that also prohibited pizza, white bread and 2 percent milk. "That is the stupidest thing I've seen in my career," state Rep. Cory Atkins (D-Concord), moments after the House unanimously voted to ease the statewide cupcake crackdown. "Talk about hitting the nerve of government reaching far into people's lives."

Obama administration scraps child labor restrictions for farms. The Labor Department withdrew a proposed rule Thursday [4/26/2012] that would have limited the work that children can perform on farms. The proposal drew heavy criticism from rural-state lawmakers and agricultural leaders, who cast the rule as government overreach that would erode the traditional American family. Others in Congress supported the rule, and unions argued it was needed to make farm work safer for young adults.

Fed driver distraction guidelines make navigation unusable. The recently issued National Highway Transportation Safety Agency guidelines for automakers to minimize distraction for in-vehicle electronics included few surprises, except for the proposal to freeze maps on navigation systems.

Bloomberg Bans Home-Cooked Meals for the Homeless. Hey homeless people, no soup for you. So says New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who has banned private food contributions to homeless shelters because he's afraid they won't meet his exacting nutritional standards.
RickMath

Chenoa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2012

At least two parents have come forward with stories of federal agents inspecting the bag lunches of their small children, pronouncing them nutritionally unfit, and compelling the parents to pay for government-approved school lunches instead. One of the kids got her hands on a signed memo from the school principal, discussing the USDA requirements for acceptable bag lunches, and clearly stating that "students who do not bring a healthy lunch will be offered the missing portions, which may result in a fee from the cafeteria." In essence, this boils down to treating the parents as if they were wayward children.

Democrats sneak Uncle Sam into your bedroom.[Scroll down] Politicians are like drug dealers. Once you're addicted to freebies, you suddenly realize the free lunch is not so free. Like the drug dealers, the politicians want your money, to be sure, but what they really covet is your submission. They love telling you what to do and they always claim it's for your own good.

How One Bureaucrat Almost Succeeded in Banning Car Radios.[Transportation Secretary Ray] LaHood's latest attempt to revise the rules of the road in response to hysterical fears about in-car technology is nothing new. The proliferation of the cellular phone in the late 1990s was met with a similar response, as was the advent of the car phone in the preceding decade. In fact, the state's attempt to engineer the ideal driving experience — during which the automobilist's hands are always at 10 and 2, his eyes glued to the road, his ears pricked only for the sounds of emergency vehicles and the laughter of children bouncing their balls too close to the street — dates back to 1930s Massachusetts, and a man named George A. Parker.

"Put down the iCarly lunchbox and back away slowly!" [This story is] not about whether chicken nuggets from a school cafeteria are more or less healthy than whatever parents choose to feed their kids. It's not about whether a homemade lunch meets a government agency's "necessary guidelines." It's about the fact that there are "necessary guidelines" in the first place, and now they're even sending agents around to enforce them. It's about yet another busybody government bureaucracy intruding into yet another aspect of our daily lives.

More about this story on the school lunches page.

CA says mobile food vending trucks a 'threat' to kids. The California legislature continues to act as the hard left's petri dish for testing totalitarian policies. AB 1678, introduced last Tuesday [2/14/2012], would ban mobile food and beverage trucks within 1,500 feet of elementary and secondary schools.

Permission slips for school cookies. The West Virginia Legislature continues to be a marvel of bureaucratic bullying. Lawmakers plan to make possession of Sudafed without a prescription a felony worth up to 10 years in prison. Now Democratic Delegate Ralph Rodighiero of Logan County wants to regulate Christmas cookies at school — along with Halloween candy and peeps at Easter. Delegate Rodighiero introduced House Bill 2191 without co-sponsors. It would restrict "parents or the school to serve sweets during the holidays if the school receives parental or guardian consent."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 40,601 - 40,620 of123,450
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

100 Users are viewing the Rogersville Forum right now

Search the Rogersville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
***last post wins*** (Apr '12) 12 min BNS 2,397
Judge Ross delinquent property tax 31 min Facts 9
Wonder if Mr Stewart will have the same outcome? 1 hr Mr Johnson 1
Debate: Marijuana - Rogersville, TN (Aug '10) 1 hr chrus miller 144
Is "The Bridge" Church actually a Cult??? (Jun '11) 2 hr AMEN 28
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 3 hr 123pitcher 58,309
Clinic behind shepards center 4 hr Barry 23
•••

Freeze Warning for Hawkins County was issued at April 16 at 8:11PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Rogersville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rogersville People Search