Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Judged:

Who remembers this case? You know Kerry is scheduled for release on 10/5/2015.
RVW

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Judged:

I remember it well! Last I heard, Tammy was out and living over in Bulls Gap and had 2 more children.
wonders

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Judged:

Dr. Cleland Blake, a forensic pathologist, testified that he performed the autopsy on Scotty Trexler on May 30, 1987. Dr. Blake described in detail the multiple injuries on the child's body. There were extensive burn injuries on the child's face, numerous injuries on the front of the chest and back of the child. There were large bulging bruises on the upper inside thigh areas, the upper front of the thighs beside the scrotum, and there was hemorrhage under the skin.

Dr. Blake, after examining microscopic samples of skin from the child's face, concluded that the burns on the child's face were between one and two weeks old. He stated that the burns were absolutely not consistent with a child knocking a pot of boiling water off a stove. He said that it was more likely that the child had been lying on its back looking up when the burns were inflicted. Dr. Blake testified that water would have to be 160 degrees Fahrenheit or possibly 200 degrees Fahrenheit to inflict burns as severe as those on Scotty's face.(Other testimony in the case established that the thermostat on the hot water heater in the Trexler trailer was set at 140 degrees.)

Further, Dr. Blake testified that the burns on the child's buttocks were between one and two weeks old, and that those burns were caused by contact with a hot object. He opined these burns were not the result of accidental injuries, such as the child sitting on a hot surface. From the position of these burns, Dr. Blake stated that the child's legs had been pulled apart and something hot had been touched to the bottom of the child. He stated that the adductor muscles which pull the legs together had been torn apart. The injury to the adductor muscles was approximately two weeks old. This injury was caused by each hip joint being pulled out of the socket. Dr. Blake stated this was not an accidental injury, but resulted from the legs having been pulled apart symmetrically at the same time. Dr. Blake said the legs had been literally "pulley-boned apart." He did not think it was likely that a woman of average strength could inflict this type of injury.

According to Dr. Blake, the major abdominal injuries which he found on the child were between twenty-four and thirty-six hours old. The most serious and ultimately lethal injuries were those inflicted to the child's head. The child developed subdural and subarachnoidal hemotomas inside the skull. These injuries resulted in the loss of blood from the brain and the gradual compression of the brain toward the base of the brain stem. Ultimately, the head injuries caused the child to stop breathing. Dr. Blake found evidence of old hemorrhages in the brain which were in various stages of healing. He stated that the head injuries could not have been caused by a fall from a bed onto a carpeted floor. Rather, the injuries were consistent with deceleration trauma, which occurs when a moving head hits a fixed object, or from violent shaking. The head injuries occurred within ten to twelve hours of death. The cause of death was the increase of pressure inside the head which caused the compression of the brain into the spinal cord, cutting off the blood supply to the respiratory organs. The multiple debilitating injuries to the other parts of the child's body also contributed to the child's death.
hopeful

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Judged:

ANYONE who does this to a poor defenseless baby does not deserve to be called a human being. This is the result of leaving a child with a sociopath. I don't care if the mother is out now and blah, blah, blah, she was responsible for that baby. She worked, she had opportunity to tell someone, she has no excuse.

If anyone sees children being abused/neglected, please please tell someone. Don't be afraid.

Lord knows, these babies don't have to suffer any longer.
BabyLover

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2011

Judged:

wonders wrote:
Dr. Cleland Blake, a forensic pathologist, testified that he performed the autopsy on Scotty Trexler on May 30, 1987. Dr. Blake described in detail the multiple injuries on the child's body. There were extensive burn injuries on the child's face, numerous injuries on the front of the chest and back of the child. There were large bulging bruises on the upper inside thigh areas, the upper front of the thighs beside the scrotum, and there was hemorrhage under the skin.
Dr. Blake, after examining microscopic samples of skin from the child's face, concluded that the burns on the child's face were between one and two weeks old. He stated that the burns were absolutely not consistent with a child knocking a pot of boiling water off a stove. He said that it was more likely that the child had been lying on its back looking up when the burns were inflicted. Dr. Blake testified that water would have to be 160 degrees Fahrenheit or possibly 200 degrees Fahrenheit to inflict burns as severe as those on Scotty's face.(Other testimony in the case established that the thermostat on the hot water heater in the Trexler trailer was set at 140 degrees.)
Further, Dr. Blake testified that the burns on the child's buttocks were between one and two weeks old, and that those burns were caused by contact with a hot object. He opined these burns were not the result of accidental injuries, such as the child sitting on a hot surface. From the position of these burns, Dr. Blake stated that the child's legs had been pulled apart and something hot had been touched to the bottom of the child. He stated that the adductor muscles which pull the legs together had been torn apart. The injury to the adductor muscles was approximately two weeks old. This injury was caused by each hip joint being pulled out of the socket. Dr. Blake stated this was not an accidental injury, but resulted from the legs having been pulled apart symmetrically at the same time. Dr. Blake said the legs had been literally "pulley-boned apart." He did not think it was likely that a woman of average strength could inflict this type of injury.
According to Dr. Blake, the major abdominal injuries which he found on the child were between twenty-four and thirty-six hours old. The most serious and ultimately lethal injuries were those inflicted to the child's head. The child developed subdural and subarachnoidal hemotomas inside the skull. These injuries resulted in the loss of blood from the brain and the gradual compression of the brain toward the base of the brain stem. Ultimately, the head injuries caused the child to stop breathing. Dr. Blake found evidence of old hemorrhages in the brain which were in various stages of healing. He stated that the head injuries could not have been caused by a fall from a bed onto a carpeted floor. Rather, the injuries were consistent with deceleration trauma, which occurs when a moving head hits a fixed object, or from violent shaking. The head injuries occurred within ten to twelve hours of death. The cause of death was the increase of pressure inside the head which caused the compression of the brain into the spinal cord, cutting off the blood supply to the respiratory organs. The multiple debilitating injuries to the other parts of the child's body also contributed to the child's death.
I remember this case... to see what all that child had to endure makes me sick...... the two people that did this to him should be dead now...... but one is up for parole in 4 yrs and his mother is alive and had 2 more children... now some 20+ yrs later we have another innocent child killed by adults that should be protecting her.... may they all rot in hell...and anyothers that assisted in this traversey, directly or indirectly should pay consenquences.... this means you, CPS, DHS, DA, Judge, and any Others that turned your heads.... God has a special place for you.....
Mel

Blountville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

BabyLover wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember this case... to see what all that child had to endure makes me sick...... the two people that did this to him should be dead now...... but one is up for parole in 4 yrs and his mother is alive and had 2 more children... now some 20+ yrs later we have another innocent child killed by adults that should be protecting her.... may they all rot in hell...and anyothers that assisted in this traversey, directly or indirectly should pay consenquences.... this means you, CPS, DHS, DA, Judge, and any Others that turned your heads.... God has a special place for you.....
Actually it is a RELEASE date that he has in 2015 not a parole date. His entire sentence will be up and he will be free do go anywhere he wants to.
He was only convicted of 2nd degree murder andThis was the reason for the Scotty Trexler law where anyone who kills a child while abusing them can be convicted of 1st degree murder and get a much stiffer sentence.

Since: Aug 08

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

You want to see some real BS about this case go to the China Grove NC topix and read what Tina Trexler has to say about how innocent Tammy was and how she did not know what was happening to Scotty.
wonders

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

Oh, I think she knew alright.They moved around to keep social services from finding them, and she took him to the e.r.and used different names.
hope

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

i can not bear to think of what little scotty went through....i saw them bring him in that day. i cry for him and all the little children at the mercy of evil. i was just young when that man rushed past me with that little boy in his arms. i hope he has been abused in prison. they say they , child molesters , are at the bottom of the rung and fellow prisoners are pretty hard on them. not enough if he is getting out.
Info

Abingdon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

What kind of person judges a description of the autopsy results as "funny?" Child abuse is far from humorous. Scotty died a torturous death and it is not funny in any way, nor is the current child abuse death case in Hawkins County.
hopeful

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2011

Judged:

Info wrote:
What kind of person judges a description of the autopsy results as "funny?" Child abuse is far from humorous. Scotty died a torturous death and it is not funny in any way, nor is the current child abuse death case in Hawkins County.
That is just someone trying to draw attention to their self and get everyone off track. Don't acknowledge it at all.
Children are Gods Angels

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2011

Judged:

I read about Scottie in the kingsport paper and just thinking about it makes me sick at my stomach. I don't understand how adults could do a child like they did him and get nothing out of it. I think his mom and boyfriend she be in prison for the rest of their life. He ain't ever going to be able to have a life..Just like little Emmy she is so pretty...I lost a little girl names Abby what I would do to have a little girl but people drugged up would reather kill a innocent child than give that child to someone who would gladly that care of her. I just don't understand why people don't have a heart to give them to someone who would take care of them. These people might not pay on earth but they will be judge in front of GOD.
where was god

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

Children are Gods Angels wrote:
I read about Scottie in the kingsport paper and just thinking about it makes me sick at my stomach. I don't understand how adults could do a child like they did him and get nothing out of it. I think his mom and boyfriend she be in prison for the rest of their life. He ain't ever going to be able to have a life..Just like little Emmy she is so pretty...I lost a little girl names Abby what I would do to have a little girl but people drugged up would reather kill a innocent child than give that child to someone who would gladly that care of her. I just don't understand why people don't have a heart to give them to someone who would take care of them. These people might not pay on earth but they will be judge in front of GOD.
where was he during these awful happenings...just watching?what good does it do the poor little children who have suffered so much to get to heaven and know that NOONE cared enough to make the hurting stop?
learnthefactsple ase

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

BabyLover wrote:
<quoted text>
i didn't think there were any reports made about the child? just curious how dcs, dhs and the judge dropped he ball on this case when they weren't made aware of any concerns until the child was gone? how is it these agencies were supposed to know about the abuse? they can't go to random homes, and if they did you would be on here saying the needed to stay out of people's business. so how exactly did anyone drop the ball? the law was made that everyone is obligated to report in this state due to this case, BECAUSE NO ONE REPORTED IT. i'm glad God has a special place for people who protect children...
learnthefactsple ase

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

where was god wrote:
<quoted text>where was he during these awful happenings...just watching?what good does it do the poor little children who have suffered so much to get to heaven and know that NOONE cared enough to make the hurting stop?
Same with this case. Do you know for a fact DCS was called to that home since the grandparents started allowing the child to stay with her father? DCS removed the child from her parents because they were on drugs, dcs removed amber's kids as well. SO where was it they failed to do their jobs? they can't just go out to homes without a report of abuse or neglect. people have to report concerns first, then they go...so did you call in a referral and report the child was back at the father's? or do you know someone who reported it? because i am fairly certain, as of the information that has came out recently, that no one reported the child living back in the home with her father and amber?
whats next

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

Judged:

will the daddy go see this woman in jail? will they be proud parents in a few months? where is the birth mother in all this drama? how many more children do the birth parents have? will all this blow over? yes, this is hawkins county after all. how much will this cost hawkins co.? then just like poor scotty trexler everyone will go on with their lives. if she is proven 100% guilty, she should have to become sterile. scotty's mother had more children (i don't know about the man who was found guilty for scotty's death)
where was god

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2011

learnthefactsplease wrote:
<quoted text>
Same with this case. Do you know for a fact DCS was called to that home since the grandparents started allowing the child to stay with her father? DCS removed the child from her parents because they were on drugs, dcs removed amber's kids as well. SO where was it they failed to do their jobs? they can't just go out to homes without a report of abuse or neglect. people have to report concerns first, then they go...so did you call in a referral and report the child was back at the father's? or do you know someone who reported it? because i am fairly certain, as of the information that has came out recently, that no one reported the child living back in the home with her father and amber?
you misunderstood.....i get sick of people acting like the children will be so happy because god is there to meet them when they get to heaven. no matter they have been beaten,raped,abused,straved. surely they will ask him "since you see everything, why didn't you stop my pain so you didn't have to get me this awful way?"
Sally

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

where was god wrote:
<quoted text>you misunderstood.....i get sick of people acting like the children will be so happy because god is there to meet them when they get to heaven. no matter they have been beaten,raped,abused,straved. surely they will ask him "since you see everything, why didn't you stop my pain so you didn't have to get me this awful way?"
Please read The Shack. It answers this question. You won't regret reading it.

Don't blame God. The abusers are the ones to blame. They were in control of the situation.
where was god

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Sally wrote:
<quoted text>
Please read The Shack. It answers this question. You won't regret reading it.
Don't blame God. The abusers are the ones to blame. They were in control of the situation.
hated the book!!! i thought god SEES ALL and can do ANYTHING. i would never stand by and watch a child be harmed.
Court Documents

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

Judged:

Folks, at the website FindACase dot com, type in "STATE TENNESSEE V KERRY PHILLIP BOWERS" (with the quotes) and press Go. You'll see a court document dated 08/02/89. Read that for a summary of what happened to Scotty Trexler in case you don't know all the details.

His parents poured boiling water on him in North Carolina. When they went to the hospital they lied about their names and could not be found afterwards. There was a report to DCS about them and so they escaped to Tennessee so they wouldn't be found, moving here to Rogersville. The child was starved, partially castrated with a rubber band, beated, boiled, and had his limbs pulled out of his sockets over many months.

His mother, who lives very near here to this day and has more children, says she had no idea any of this was going on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of95
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Rogersville Forum right now

Search the Rogersville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sagebush Steakhouse 52 min John 46
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 1 hr REO 58,238
jessica harloff 1 hr hmmm 2
Judge Ross delinquent property tax 1 hr THEN 59
Rock hill trash place 2 hr mary 33
holly 3 hr AnC 9
Good looking bail lady 3 hr Trash 11
•••
•••