Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Importance of the Constable?
County Budget Problems?
Try Better Utilizing Constables !!

-Have you ever thought about how much it costs you, the taxpayer, to hire, train, outfit, and equip a county police officer? Add it all together with base salary and overtime pay and you are looking at a six figure expenditure per officer.

-If you get a police scanner and monitor their daily activities, you will hear that many of the runs officers are dispatched on involve very routine situations: things like removing debris from the roadway, assisting persons with disabled vehicles, welfare checks requested by relatives of persons in the community.

-We have all read about the recent business break-ins.
While Sheriffs and Troopers work hard to patrol business and residential areas, their limited staff is often tied up with various emergency runs. During my years of doing security work, I have patrolled neighborhoods, rail yards, businesses, and construction sites. As your Constable, I would be available to do random patrols of businesses, churches, schools, etc, to supplement the work of our paid professionals.

-When specific neighborhoods experience criminal activity, I could help out with extra patrols, when others may be tied up in other areas, or on other calls.
-
I fully understand that the more serious law enforcement duties should be handled by the better trained professionals. However, there are many routine runs that could be easily handled by a capable Constable.
The next time you see a semi-truck stuck on the road, or a car broke down, blocking the road, think about how much time and money is being consumed by the officer “babysitting” the scene until the tow truck arrives.
-
In Edmonson County, constables receive no salary and cost the taxpayer nothing. They are allowed to collect fees for performing certain adjunct functions such as serving legal papers.

-I have a KY certification in traffic control and considerable experience that could be utilized to perform routine duties related to road hazards, minor accidents, and traffic detours.

-•Constables are peace officers possessing law enforcement powers (KRS 446.010). Any peace officer may make arrests under KRS 431.005.
•The Constable’s term of office in Kentucky is four years. A Constable must be 24 years of age, be a citizen of Kentucky for two years, and a resident of the County for at least one year prior to the election.
•Constables have countywide jurisdiction and in certain situations may cross county corporate lines in the performance of their duties.
•Constables may carry concealed deadly weapons for their protection (KRS 537.020).

Any questions you may have, feel free to ask !

Col. Tim Skees
Candidate for 3rd Dist Constable
Chalybeate, Rocky Hill, Pig communities
Glad to help

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

The polls have closed now, I wonder how many of the electorate read your post.
change has gone

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2010

no one ever reads these anyways.

-we lost the race by a mile.
but the IMPORTANT thing is, they have the BEST man for the job in the office.
-he patrols the nighborhood, he fights crime, he writes tickets, he serves the public, he busts his behind day and night to help those in need and at any hour of the night or day.
!! what do you mean this isnt J.C.!!
-this IS the best candidate acording to our wise REPUBLICANS !!
-The BETTER MAN won, cause he is REPUBLICAN right?
If i were republican, id be ashamed of myself.
Shows how the "vote republican or die" mentality has totaly FUCKED our country.
"bring me your old, sick tired, child molesters, your theives, your crooks, your worst people in the country, and register them as Republican, and they can all win in Republican America !"
Glad to help wrote:
The polls have closed now, I wonder how many of the electorate read your post.
Blast from the Past

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

This is why you lose,it is your attitude,if J.C. would of lost he would not be on here talking smack like ya'll do.People don't want that,so get over it and keep crying baby!
suzi knows it all

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2010

JC doesnt do shit as a cop for anyone and never has!
if i was any kind of "elected" person and did not do my job or intend to like him, i'd have decency enough to resign !
can anyone say he does his job?
can anyone say he does anything to help the people or anything as a cop at all.
hell no!
if you are not going to do the job, or dont want to do it, why the hell knock out another man who would?
just goes to show how us "republicans" do things sometime.
another post said we, as republicans, would vote for a dead body if it was a registered "republican".
that's true after what i saw lasty week!
We dont want change, we want anthing that has our party name, reguardless if they are a useless candidate.
( not saying i dislike jc, the person, but as canstabole it is useless if he does nothing to help us.)
if your not going to do the job, resign the damn thing!!

and a note of news:

acording to some people out at the store, a petition has been started by the people of rocky hill, and it already has well over 400 names on it, and they are calling for the judge to remove him from office, or they were going to go to the state govt, and do something about him not doing his job and have him removed from office.

the man at the store was some kind of bowling green lawyer and his fathers home was broken into and he was mad as hell.
i heard him say it was malfesus of office or somthing simmilar sounding to that.
he said all they had to show in a court of law, was that jc fails or neglects to do his job, and the state requires him to be removed and some kind of a bond to be revoked.
well, that isnt going to be a problem to prove he doesnt do anything and doesnt do his job as a cop,will it.

i looked online just now, and i see here where it sayes all anyone needs for these types of petitions to be legal are 51% of the number of votes cast to the challenged, named candidate (jc).
i think the paper said he got 380 votes, so they not only have the required 51%(170 votes/names) they said the petition had over 400, and that was last week.
so, im gonna sit back and watch how this goes.
could be interesting.
My guess is, many like myself, are sick of getting nothing for our votes.
i will sign the petition also.
just for the betterment of our party and my community.
The other candidate doesnt get the empty position either, the judge executive of the county has to appoint someone to fill jc's job, and it can not be the one who ran against him in the election.
so the other guy is out too.
anyone else at all would be a change for the better i think.

i hate to see that take place, but in 11 years, i have never seen him do anything around here.
we need someone to do something.
Blast from the Past wrote:
This is why you lose,it is your attitude,if J.C. would of lost he would not be on here talking smack like ya'll do.People don't want that,so get over it and keep crying baby!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rocky Hill Discussions

Search the Rocky Hill Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Fruit of the Loom Office workers 6 min heynow 4
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min freelancehobo 138,349
Bobbeh I want to go to Beach Bend 14 min Good time 1
Song Title Game (Feb '12) 16 min yep 1,205
Add a word, Drop a word. (Jul '12) 17 min yep 4,268
corey hart (Sep '08) 19 min His 2nd cousin 4
tim.wooder 21 min female 1
•••
•••
•••
Rocky Hill Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••