The Dishonesty Of The Mormon Women

Posted in the Rockville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mormon Woman

Saint George, UT

#1 Feb 8, 2008
This is a topic that was posted on a LDS Forum. It made me angry at first and then I quickly realized that I could possibly learn something from this woman's comments. I am not a dishonest Mormon woman and I try to treat every ward member with a Christ like Love.
Here is the post by an unhappy Mormon woman.
The Dishonesty OF THE MORMON WOMAN
Do you claim to 'love everyone' and treat your 'inactive members' as dirt?
Do your statistics count more than the feelings of your ward members?
Do you gossip about the members who attend church on a regular basis?
As far as I can tell the Visiting teaching encourages gossip.
Watch Video
http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,7094-1,...
The comment below is very true. Why? Because each MORMON woman (18 and over) is added to the Relief Society rolls.
"The LDS church Relief Society program is the largest women's organization
in the world".
I have lived in Hurricane, Utah for what seems to be an eternity.
The woman often turn their heads when they see me because I am an 'inactive member', ALL Mormon women are mistreated because if they
do not attend church.
We have to go to our assigned wards which are shown on mormon.org by typing in our home address. There are absolutely NO exceptions even though all of the Mormon Ward building have a sign which reads, "VISITORS WELCOME. So far I have been told to "Attend by own ward. Is this dishonest sign of 'VISITORS WECOME' only meant for those who are interested in becoming Mormons? The first question we are asked when entering another ward is often "Where is your home ward?
I am only a statistic in the Mormon church. I am not even allowed to be "offended" by other ward members. There are kind 'sisters' and 'over-bearing' downright obnoxious' pushy, cruel sisters and I HAVE to attend church with all of them 'like it or not'. I cannot and will not deal some of the women in my ward and this is the reason why I am an inactive member.
I am not even allowed to be 'offended' by some of the members. All of us are offended from but human emotions are NOT in the Mormon church.
Let us now go forth and do our Visiting Teaching and gather our needed information.
And Nothing Shall Offend Them GENERAL CONFERENCE TALK
David Bednar
http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232...
Do you say unkind things about the inactive members in your ward ??? and then almost break your neck by patting yourself on the shoulder.
Most Mormon women say they are daughter's of their Heavenly Father. I would like to suggest that we all read our *** BIBLES **** to find out the true meaning of Christ's love.
eTigger

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#2 Mar 11, 2008
Nice try.

“Prariedogs Rock!”

Since: Feb 07

prairie dog town USA

#3 Apr 11, 2008
Mormon Woman wrote:
This is a topic that was posted on a LDS Forum. It made me angry at first and then I quickly realized that I could possibly learn something from this woman's comments. I am not a dishonest Mormon woman and I try to treat every ward member with a Christ like Love.
Here is the post by an unhappy Mormon woman.
The Dishonesty OF THE MORMON WOMAN
Do you claim to 'love everyone' and treat your 'inactive members' as dirt?
Do your statistics count more than the feelings of your ward members?
Do you gossip about the members who attend church on a regular basis?
As far as I can tell the Visiting teaching encourages gossip.
Watch Video
http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,7094-1,...
The comment below is very true. Why? Because each MORMON woman (18 and over) is added to the Relief Society rolls.
"The LDS church Relief Society program is the largest women's organization
in the world".
I have lived in Hurricane, Utah for what seems to be an eternity.
The woman often turn their heads when they see me because I am an 'inactive member', ALL Mormon women are mistreated because if they
do not attend church.
We have to go to our assigned wards which are shown on mormon.org by typing in our home address. There are absolutely NO exceptions even though all of the Mormon Ward building have a sign which reads, "VISITORS WELCOME. So far I have been told to "Attend by own ward. Is this dishonest sign of 'VISITORS WECOME' only meant for those who are interested in becoming Mormons? The first question we are asked when entering another ward is often "Where is your home ward?
I am only a statistic in the Mormon church. I am not even allowed to be "offended" by other ward members. There are kind 'sisters' and 'over-bearing' downright obnoxious' pushy, cruel sisters and I HAVE to attend church with all of them 'like it or not'. I cannot and will not deal some of the women in my ward and this is the reason why I am an inactive member.
I am not even allowed to be 'offended' by some of the members. All of us are offended from but human emotions are NOT in the Mormon church.
Let us now go forth and do our Visiting Teaching and gather our needed information.
And Nothing Shall Offend Them GENERAL CONFERENCE TALK
David Bednar
http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232...
Do you say unkind things about the inactive members in your ward ??? and then almost break your neck by patting yourself on the shoulder.
Most Mormon women say they are daughter's of their Heavenly Father. I would like to suggest that we all read our *** BIBLES **** to find out the true meaning of Christ's love.
YES GOOD IDEA !Back to the bible , back away far away from the book of Mormon ......

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#4 Apr 16, 2008
Mormon Woman wrote:
This is a topic that was posted on a LDS Forum. It made me angry at first and then I quickly realized that I could possibly learn something from this woman's comments. I am not a dishonest Mormon woman and I try to treat every ward member with a Christ like Love.
Here is the post by an unhappy Mormon woman.
The Dishonesty OF THE MORMON WOMAN
Do you claim to 'love everyone' and treat your 'inactive members' as dirt?
Do your statistics count more than the feelings of your ward members?
Do you gossip about the members who attend church on a regular basis?
As far as I can tell the Visiting teaching encourages gossip.
Watch Video
http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17884,7094-1,...
The comment below is very true. Why? Because each MORMON woman (18 and over) is added to the Relief Society rolls.
"The LDS church Relief Society program is the largest women's organization
in the world".
I have lived in Hurricane, Utah for what seems to be an eternity.
The woman often turn their heads when they see me because I am an 'inactive member', ALL Mormon women are mistreated because if they
do not attend church.
We have to go to our assigned wards which are shown on mormon.org by typing in our home address. There are absolutely NO exceptions even though all of the Mormon Ward building have a sign which reads, "VISITORS WELCOME. So far I have been told to "Attend by own ward. Is this dishonest sign of 'VISITORS WECOME' only meant for those who are interested in becoming Mormons? The first question we are asked when entering another ward is often "Where is your home ward?
I am only a statistic in the Mormon church. I am not even allowed to be "offended" by other ward members. There are kind 'sisters' and 'over-bearing' downright obnoxious' pushy, cruel sisters and I HAVE to attend church with all of them 'like it or not'. I cannot and will not deal some of the women in my ward and this is the reason why I am an inactive member.
I am not even allowed to be 'offended' by some of the members. All of us are offended from but human emotions are NOT in the Mormon church.
Let us now go forth and do our Visiting Teaching and gather our needed information.
And Nothing Shall Offend Them GENERAL CONFERENCE TALK
David Bednar
http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232...
Do you say unkind things about the inactive members in your ward ??? and then almost break your neck by patting yourself on the shoulder.
Most Mormon women say they are daughter's of their Heavenly Father. I would like to suggest that we all read our *** BIBLES **** to find out the true meaning of Christ's love.
Wow, that's heavy stuff.
I'm wondering why you're still professing to be a Mormon Woman.
Do you have anyone to encourage you, support you emotionally or spiritually?
I sure hope so. If not, please email PACA and we can help!
TNelson

Honolulu, HI

#5 Jul 10, 2008
In response to Dishonest Morman Women...
After 20 yrs of inactivity, I returned to
the fold, in another ward. I cried for
several months, I missed the warm and loving "Spirit" of my home ward.
It was certainly lacking there, it was
pretty ice cold.. brrr!
I understand your resentment towards those
certain individuals that may have offended you with their un-Christlike attitudes.
After all, Morman Women are NOT expected
to behave that way!
I finished with my pity party,and remembered
who I was, a Morman Women struggling with my faith
because I allowed them to make me feel that way!
Suddenly I remembered...I was'nt there for them
I was there for ME, my relationship with MY
Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I may have
been inactive, but my testimony in what I know
to be true was not worth throwing in the towel.
Their are others who have suffered far far worse
then I in this faith!.
I am sure you will agree, NO religion is without
a back biter, a gossiper and a destroyer of the
true spirit of christ. I forgot about the potholes
in that road and reclaimed my birth right as a true daughter of god and I honor that every day
in how I treat and serve others that the Lord amy
send in my path.
It continues to be a wonderful Journey.
Happiness is a Choice not a response.
There are thousands of Morman Women that I see
who are living a christ like life, A few bad apples
should'nt be my concern, the Lord will take care of that! Reading the Book Of Mormon has made me
understand that these people existed then and the exist now and until eternity. The question
What was I gonna do about it?
I close in saying that we are NOT all the same
and I'm greatful for a wonderful Morman Mom
that showed me how to be just like her.
Wishing you the best journey of your choice...

Your Sister in Christ

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#6 Jul 12, 2008
Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon Church, described plural marriage as part of "the most holy and important doctrine ever revealed to man on earth" and taught that a man needed at least three wives to attain the "fullness of exaltation" in the afterlife.

He warned that God had explicitly commanded that "all those who have this law revealed unto them must obey the same ... and if ye abide not that covenenant, then are ye damned; for no one can reject this covenant and be permitted to enter into my glory."

Why do Mormons revere this "prophet" and then call him a liar in the same breath?

None of us "Non-Mormons" can figure this out.
I would like any MORMON to enlighten us about this enigma.
Daniel Swearingen

United States

#7 Sep 8, 2008
Hello, I love your site!. I relate to these issues because I was a member for 56 years. You might have a lot of fun visiting my new
store that just went online this week. It has many fun messages for Mormon women. It is located at

http://www.cafepress.com/postmormonstore
I also have an accompanying blog located at
http://mypostmormonlife.blogsot.com/

Thank you very much for your time.
Sincerely,
Daniel Swearingen
Bozeman, MT
email danielswearingen25@gmail.com
drob

Draper, UT

#8 Mar 5, 2009
Dyann PACA West- CA wrote:
Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon Church, described plural marriage as part of "the most holy and important doctrine ever revealed to man on earth" and taught that a man needed at least three wives to attain the "fullness of exaltation" in the afterlife.
He warned that God had explicitly commanded that "all those who have this law revealed unto them must obey the same ... and if ye abide not that covenenant, then are ye damned; for no one can reject this covenant and be permitted to enter into my glory."
Why do Mormons revere this "prophet" and then call him a liar in the same breath?
None of us "Non-Mormons" can figure this out.
I would like any MORMON to enlighten us about this enigma.
Actually most "Non-Mormons" are not familiar with this scripture because so very few actually read this on their own. Usually something like this is brought up in an "Anti Mormon seminar or by a Preacher trying to enlighten his congregation. Congratulation if you came on this all by yourself. a quick answer; Old test. Prophets practiced Poligamy New test Christ said one wife-"This law is only to whom I give it to" (paraphrased). Joseph was given a law they lived by and through Wilford Woodruff new Law If God again restores Poly. It wont make Wilford a liar. I probably didn't spen enuough time on this answer but then again you probably already know the answer. If it does come to that I want a brunette and redhead to go with my blond.
Lisa

Claremont, CA

#9 Mar 10, 2009
I must admit today I thought about becoming inactive. Recently some things have been said by someone I have to work with in the young women program that have personally attacked me as an individual. I am feeling the lowest in my faith right now and really don't want to go to church and be around her. Something posted here is making me think and that is the comment on testimony and being where Heavenly Father wants me. I guess what I need to do is turn to my scriptures and the Lord. I know I have a big trial ahead and I am at at a crossroad and now I have to make a choice.
drob

Draper, UT

#10 Mar 17, 2009
Lisa wrote:
I must admit today I thought about becoming inactive. Recently some things have been said by someone I have to work with in the young women program that have personally attacked me as an individual. I am feeling the lowest in my faith right now and really don't want to go to church and be around her. Something posted here is making me think and that is the comment on testimony and being where Heavenly Father wants me. I guess what I need to do is turn to my scriptures and the Lord. I know I have a big trial ahead and I am at at a crossroad and now I have to make a choice.
Lisa, you need to decide if your testimony is in Christ and his restored Church or how some less than perfect member treats you. Think about it if you let someone come between you and Christ, who is closer to Christ
Lisa Jerk Christ
I can promise you that it's not this lady it will be another. I can find many reasons to drop out but only one to stay. It's true. CTR
An answer to a question

Rochester, NY

#11 Oct 2, 2009
I have been an upstanding female member of the LDS church all my life (37 years) and have never heard that quote. It is not a part of our church's teachings. It sounds like you are getting information from someone other than the LDS church. There are people who like to take a piece of our church's doctrine and twist it up and publish it as if all of it is true, but it is not. If you would like to learn about the LDS church, the best way to do it is to learn it from someone who is a member of the church. That information is pure and unfiltered. It is true that Plural Marriage was "RE-instituted" for a time in the church. There was no set number of wives a man had to have. If you do a little research you will notice that plural marriage was also practiced in bible days...that is why I use the term "re-instituted." With a little bit more fundamental understanding of history you will better understand that one. Another reason for plural marriage at the time it was "re-instituted" was there were more women than men (there is more detail there too if you really want to know why look into the church's history to learn more). Because there were more women than men, the way things were back then, it was difficult for women and their children to be properly cared for without a husband. Men were asked to marry and take care of more women for that purpose. It was also fulfilling the prophesy that the gospel of Jesus Christ will be restored "Completely" in the last days. Start a prayerful study of the Bible and the Book of Mormon and the spirit will teach you and guide you. I have experienced this for myself and it is the most beautiful, sweet, and choice experience...one that everyone should take the opportunity to experience multiple times throughout their life. Find a time that you can read for 30 minutes to an hour that you will have no interruptions and it is quiet. I like to read in the early hours of the morning, before the kiddos wake up. Before you begin reading get on your knees in humble prayer and ask the Lord to teach you the things you need to learn that day. Then begin to read. At some point during your study, whether it is during that study session or during a subsequent session, you will hear the holy ghost speak to your heart and teach you. The teachings will become clear in your mind and in your heart. You will feel a peace that you have never felt before. The only word I have ever been able to explain it with is "sweetness." There is a literal sweet feeling in your heart that radiates throughout your body. It is between you and God. No hoots, no whistles, just a calm, sweet, peaceful feelings in your heart and thoughts that come to your mind that didn't come from you....if that makes any sense. It is certainly an experience to be sought for. This is how I have come to know the Bible is from God. It is also how I have come to know that Joseph Smith was called as a prophet, just like Moses. Because I know this I also know the Book of Mormon is Another Testament of Jesus Christ, just as the Bible is. I have felt that sweetness as I have read and prayed about the teachings in both of these books of scripture. It is an experience everyone has to have for him/herself. No one can have it for you. At that point you will know for yourself and you won't have to rely on who is saying what about who.
NC Saint

Burlington, NC

#12 Jun 13, 2010
I understand the postings of those who talk about members behaving deplorably. One can find them everywhere. In the Church of Jesus Christ and every other church on the face of the planet. I think what makes it so difficult for us as saints is that we expect more from other saints because of all we are taught and know to be true. We have more knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ than any other people/church on earth so naturally, we should behave better. Sadly, this is not always the case. I have had so many unpleasant things said and done to me I could write a book. I'm 47 and have had 47 years of it. Some of these "saints" I can not understand and I suppose I never will. They refuse to speak to me, turn their heads and such things as that. For 47 years! They are part of cliques. I call them the "celestials" because in THEIR minds, that's where they are going. I think they are in for a shock. We are to love all, not just the ones we think are worthy of our company. Not just the rich, the famous, the popular, the good-looking, the big-talkers and those with "higher" callings. It amazes me one can sit in meeting after meeting, read 4 sets of scriptures and still think himself so superior to others that they treat them with disdain. Many from the West seem rather "odd" to me. They don't have the same system of civility I was brought up with in the South. They talk of their great pioneer ancestry and you learn their ancestors came to this country in the 1840's and went West but your own ancestors came here from 1607 Jamestown up to right before the American Revolution. Yours formed the foundation of the country, fought the indians, survived massacares, starvation, deprivations of all kinds. They cut their way through the wilderness, live on the edge. Fought and died, fought and lived for this country. They were of the Washingtons, the Lees, The Jeffersons and others of great repute. But ALAS! They were NOT pioneers. I just had to get that in here. It drives me nuts. Like the one lady said, no matter what these other "saints" do or say, don't let THEM get the upper hand. Don't let THEM keep YOU from Christ. In the end, they will be weeping and wailing. You will forgive them and have mercy.
christian mom

United States

#13 Jul 9, 2010
NC Saint wrote:
I understand the postings of those who talk about members behaving deplorably. One can find them everywhere. In the Church of Jesus Christ and every other church on the face of the planet. I think what makes it so difficult for us as saints is that we expect more from other saints because of all we are taught and know to be true. We have more knowledge of the gospel of Jesus Christ than any other people/church on earth so naturally, we should behave better. Sadly, this is not always the case. I have had so many unpleasant things said and done to me I could write a book. I'm 47 and have had 47 years of it. Some of these "saints" I can not understand and I suppose I never will. They refuse to speak to me, turn their heads and such things as that. For 47 years! They are part of cliques. I call them the "celestials" because in THEIR minds, that's where they are going. I think they are in for a shock. We are to love all, not just the ones we think are worthy of our company. Not just the rich, the famous, the popular, the good-looking, the big-talkers and those with "higher" callings. It amazes me one can sit in meeting after meeting, read 4 sets of scriptures and still think himself so superior to others that they treat them with disdain. Many from the West seem rather "odd" to me. They don't have the same system of civility I was brought up with in the South. They talk of their great pioneer ancestry and you learn their ancestors came to this country in the 1840's and went West but your own ancestors came here from 1607 Jamestown up to right before the American Revolution. Yours formed the foundation of the country, fought the indians, survived massacares, starvation, deprivations of all kinds. They cut their way through the wilderness, live on the edge. Fought and died, fought and lived for this country. They were of the Washingtons, the Lees, The Jeffersons and others of great repute. But ALAS! They were NOT pioneers. I just had to get that in here. It drives me nuts. Like the one lady said, no matter what these other "saints" do or say, don't let THEM get the upper hand. Don't let THEM keep YOU from Christ. In the end, they will be weeping and wailing. You will forgive them and have mercy.
Check out the Thread in Gilbert, AZ titled 'Rejoining the LDS church'-- fascinating information!!
paula mcgee

United States

#14 Aug 29, 2010
In athens alabama the ward treats you like horse hockey if you are not in there little clicks!!! Alot of people have left the church because of that, including my family!
J W Simms

Gilbert, AZ

#16 Aug 31, 2010
Lisa wrote:
I must admit today I thought about becoming inactive. Recently some things have been said by someone I have to work with in the young women program that have personally attacked me as an individual. I am feeling the lowest in my faith right now and really don't want to go to church and be around her. Something posted here is making me think and that is the comment on testimony and being where Heavenly Father wants me. I guess what I need to do is turn to my scriptures and the Lord. I know I have a big trial ahead and I am at at a crossroad and now I have to make a choice.
Lisa! your Heavenly Father wants you flat on your back, with your legs wide spread open for any old Mormon bastard who wishes to lay between them. Just ask your Bishop. J.W. Simms.
J W Simms

Gilbert, AZ

#17 Aug 31, 2010
drob wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually most "Non-Mormons" are not familiar with this scripture because so very few actually read this on their own. Usually something like this is brought up in an "Anti Mormon seminar or by a Preacher trying to enlighten his congregation. Congratulation if you came on this all by yourself. a quick answer; Old test. Prophets practiced Poligamy New test Christ said one wife-"This law is only to whom I give it to" (paraphrased). Joseph was given a law they lived by and through Wilford Woodruff new Law If God again restores Poly. It wont make Wilford a liar. I probably didn't spen enuough time on this answer but then again you probably already know the answer. If it does come to that I want a brunette and redhead to go with my blond.
You obviously spent way too much time on your back and not nearly enough time on your education. J.W. Simms.
A spirited woman

Salt Lake City, UT

#18 Sep 1, 2010
I don't understand, if you are not happy with your church; why attend? You can worship the Lord in your own space; kitchen table, outside in the backyard swing. So I do not understand why people attend a place where they feel unwanted. Life is just too short for that!
Linda

Guatemala City, Guatemala

#19 Oct 7, 2010
I believe I am friendly to everyone and I would be friendly to these unhappy women. Do I want them for good friends? I don't think so, they sound very unpleasant to be around. I want to be around happy, uncomplaining people. If they were happy and uncomplaining then I would probably want them from friends....but the anger is something I just don't want in my life. Would I try to make their life a little more pleasant...sure...but some people love being angry and offended.
Sad Sister

Decatur, AL

#20 Jun 20, 2011
As always, there is so much more to this story. It is always someone else's fault.
paula mcgee wrote:
In athens alabama the ward treats you like horse hockey if you are not in there little clicks!!! Alot of people have left the church because of that, including my family!
Tammy

United States

#22 Apr 15, 2012
The morman church has the highest percentage of people on anti depressants I think that speaks a thousand words!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lost Warrior Poet Nov 19 Jesus 1
Derek Odell (Aug '12) Oct '14 liamnathaniel4912 3
Polygamous trust prepares for evictions in Hild... Jul '14 BSean 1
FLDS Church announces new president (Feb '10) Jun '14 Thats What She Said 6
Astronomers: 'Tilt-a-worlds' could harbor life (Apr '14) Apr '14 Adrian Godsafe MSc 1
Republicans won the Florida special election. H... (Mar '14) Mar '14 about that 33
Hurricane Neighborhoods Going to Hell: Citizens... (Feb '14) Feb '14 dean 2
Rockville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rockville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rockville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rockville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:20 pm PST