Vandals hit "Welcome to Rockford" sign

Vandals took advantage of a city-wide power outage to damage the "Welcome to Rockford" sign at 10 Mile Road NE and River Street. Full Story
Michigan is a Joke

Gilbert, AZ

#1 Aug 24, 2007
It was me....don't tell

Since: Jul 07

Madison, WI

#2 Aug 24, 2007
I figured it was you! Most likely some teenagers, hope they get caught and taught some disapline.(sp)

“Personal responsibility is key”

Since: Aug 07

West Michigan

#3 Aug 24, 2007
Sounds like the first day of school cant come fast enough! Thsts too bad- it is a really pretty sign too. The city did a good job remodeling that area.
keb

Wixom, MI

#4 Aug 24, 2007
They should find these individuals and sentence them to plenty of community service.

Since: Jul 07

Wyoming

#5 Aug 24, 2007
They will find them...thats the thing about kids and teens...they talk and brag...they just cannot seem to keep their mouths shut...ha..and it WILL get back to someone who will tell on them!
Fran

Bad Axe, MI

#6 Aug 24, 2007
If they catch the kids who did it, punish them, unless they are football players - then let them off so they can play all their games and then throw a parade in their honor
Sharon B

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Aug 24, 2007
Fran wrote:
If they catch the kids who did it, punish them, unless they are football players - then let them off so they can play all their games and then throw a parade in their honor
...AHHH,you know Rockford huh?..lol
Lucy

Rockford, MI

#8 Aug 25, 2007
Nooooooo kidding! And let's not forget the drug problem in the high school that no one wants to talk about!

Hey Mr. Shibler! How 'bout that elephant in the room?!!
Fran

Bad Axe, MI

#9 Aug 25, 2007
Rockford = an athletic programs with a city and a couple of classrooms attached to it, populated by pushy parents - most of whom are delusional enough to think their kid will be the next Michael Jordan. And we pay our taxes to subsidize their kids' athletic careers
Lovely

Riverdale, MI

#10 Aug 25, 2007
I think all high schools are like Rockford.
I graduated 2 years ago and 8 out of the 10 kids in my class's top 10 smoked marijuana on a daily basis.
They were going to do drug testing for the athletes, but even the athletic director said, "no", to that idea because we wouldn't have any teams!
just call me cracker

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Aug 26, 2007
Just another Pleasant Valley Sunday (Welcome to Stepford, Er I mean Rockford, or is it Stepford? ADA? No It's Stepford.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rockford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Secretary of State in Mi... (Oct '10) Sep 22 JAH 170
MI Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in M... (Oct '10) Sep 22 gamy 97
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Sep 21 Eldorado 129
Debate: Ferguson - Ada, MI Sep 6 Elizabeth 2
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Sep 2 just the tip 303
Debate: Obama-Economy - Greenville, MI (Feb '12) Aug '14 Whatevs 2
SpartanNash closing Family Fare store in Cedar ... Aug '14 Linda DeKlein 1
Rockford Dating
Find my Match

Rockford Jobs

Rockford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rockford News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rockford

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]