DOC has new plans for prison

Jun 13, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News-Star

The Louisiana Department of Corrections announced on Friday the latest incarnation of Tallulah's prison.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Arey Street

Cedar Hill, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Let make a rationale decision to help the prisoners and the tax payers. Since DOC will have a captive audience which will consist mostly of undereducated and/or untrained persons, why not try educating and training them while they are in prison. There is a technical college in Tallulah with educators who focus on adults.

So, let us get Madison Parish, Tallulah, Health & Human Services officials, Department of Corrections, Department of Education, representatives from the Technical College, and the general public to the discussion table to determine the best way of getting something positive accomplished. Either way, the tax payers have to pay. This way, there is a potential to make changes and get results.

“What is the speed of dark?”

Since: Jul 09

Denham Springs, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Are you kidding??? Educate a prisoner and he will be a smarter convict! They are in prison for a reason. Educate our children to not be convicts! Let the prisoners rot. Please get real.
bottom boy

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

UrNLuck wrote:
Are you kidding??? Educate a prisoner and he will be a smarter convict! They are in prison for a reason. Educate our children to not be convicts! Let the prisoners rot. Please get real.
this one i will get in because u people burn my ass i feel like saying i hope that 18 wheeler runs the redd light at the 7 eleven and mows down u and ure kids rot on that people said be logical what u know about swannson? wat u know about jetson correctional? jack the real reason they closing them is because of the violence its good that they are atleast trying to help these people instead of taking food out ure little ones mouths and all ure lil taxes for nothing and letting them rot as u say but some people do get help to be sa better person the ones that choose to accept whats being offered on the street takes u months and months if not years just to recieve a 12th grade education i received mine in weeks thanks to these people (by the way whats ure education like? maybe u should commit a crime to further it but u know what i say mow the place down because theres reason the plan didnt work in the first place build a new one they will any way and people like u will pay for it like it or not!now think before u open youre big fat mouth on something you know nothing about or places youve never been look in the mirror when ure kids get there they will telll u the horror stories few of us DO know about!!!have a great day
Houston Co-worker

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

UrNLuck wrote:
Are you kidding??? Educate a prisoner and he will be a smarter convict! They are in prison for a reason. Educate our children to not be convicts! Let the prisoners rot. Please get real.
I believe that something better has to be done about people who are incarcerated in America. While acknowledging that the inmates committed crimes and they should be held accountable for those crimes, they are human beings and some of them will ultimately return to society. It would be far better for them to have some education and a skill to assist them in getting a job. Most people who are in prison lack a high school education and struggled in school when they were in school. Without prison-based educational programs and conflict resolution/anger management training; to many will get out and again commit a crime. Hopefully that crime won't be against you, your family, friends, employer or others in your community. I recently saw a program on tv about Angola prison. While it is not an ideal situation by any means, the show depicted the men having some unique recreational and work opportunities even though most of the inmates will never be released due to life and lengthy sentences. Unless the program was a total lie, the morale of many improved and the level of violence in the prison decreased. I think a collobrative approach to "correcting" the maladaptive behaviors of those who are willing to make the effort to rehabilitate themselves is the smartest thing that the prison systems can do.

“What is the speed of dark?”

Since: Jul 09

Denham Springs, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Dear Bottom Boy, no wonder you're on bottom. Your rant obviously lacks intelligence. Can I assume YOU or a relative are one of the 'uneducated incarcerated'??? Funny that you know how to spell 'ass'...

Everyone else with an IQ that ranks above grade school level: At least I did not say 'death to them all' or 'let them AND their kids get run over by an 18-wheeler at a 7-Eleven redlight'. It's thoughts like those which land people in prison... The 'something better' that needs to be done with the American prisoners surely isn't upgrading their housing while innocent crime-free people are struggling making ends meet. Taxpayers are taxed to their chins with supporting prisoners and my opinion is that they WORK ONLY while in prison instead of earning the education they gave up to go on crime-sprees. They had their chances like all other people to learn and live an honest crime-free life but they chose to put themselves in prison. Focus on our future generations and the budding young crminals by nipping them in the bud with the education you so freely want to give convicts at taxpayers expense. Do I care if the criminals are comfortable? Educated? Nourished? Happy? NO. I simply say work them until they wish they hadn't committed crimes and stop trying to upgrade their surroundings. I wish no physical harm to any living creature. I am a proud Christian and support all life God created. I do believe in punishment and that it should fit the crime. We are way too easy on those who are criminals. I think other countries must laugh at the way we pamper our criminals.
bottom boy

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 5, 2009
 

Judged:

1

UrNLuck wrote:
Dear Bottom Boy, no wonder you're on bottom. Your rant obviously lacks intelligence. Can I assume YOU or a relative are one of the 'uneducated incarcerated'??? Funny that you know how to spell 'ass'...
Everyone else with an IQ that ranks above grade school level: At least I did not say 'death to them all' or 'let them AND their kids get run over by an 18-wheeler at a 7-Eleven redlight'. It's thoughts like those which land people in prison... The 'something better' that needs to be done with the American prisoners surely isn't upgrading their housing while innocent crime-free people are struggling making ends meet. Taxpayers are taxed to their chins with supporting prisoners and my opinion is that they WORK ONLY while in prison instead of earning the education they gave up to go on crime-sprees. They had their chances like all other people to learn and live an honest crime-free life but they chose to put themselves in prison. Focus on our future generations and the budding young crminals by nipping them in the bud with the education you so freely want to give convicts at taxpayers expense. Do I care if the criminals are comfortable? Educated? Nourished? Happy? NO. I simply say work them until they wish they hadn't committed crimes and stop trying to upgrade their surroundings. I wish no physical harm to any living creature. I am a proud Christian and support all life God created. I do believe in punishment and that it should fit the crime. We are way too easy on those who are criminals. I think other countries must laugh at the way we pamper our criminals.
wow so what do u call this are you in youre chambers repenting now? who gives shit bout a new found christian?

“What is the speed of dark?”

Since: Jul 09

Denham Springs, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 6, 2009
 
bottom boy wrote:
<quoted text>wow so what do u call this are you in youre chambers repenting now? who gives shit bout a new found christian?
WOW yourself. I call this my opinion on a public discussion board. Did I mistakenly give the impression that I care what you give a 'shit' about? You are an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Robert Discussions

Search the Robert Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 39 min Living Wage 2,115
Review: Mary Cruz's Beauty Salon & Barber Shop (Apr '13) Sat joe smith 4
Debate: Marijuana - Hammond, LA (Aug '10) Apr 18 The Radio Star 23
Mayor: Open container citation dropped against ... Apr 18 littleasy 12
1983 Flood Settlement (Apr '08) Apr 17 Mike 443
Does Any One No Buddy Hinkle (Feb '10) Apr 12 friend 9
Review: Townsend Recovery (Feb '11) Mar 27 Quinton 26
•••
•••
•••
•••

Robert Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Robert People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••