So how do Riverdale folks like the new vision administration

Posted in the Riverdale Forum

Juswanna no whasup

United States

#1 Oct 11, 2009
The new Riverdale administration has been in office for it's first 100 days + and you have to park on the right direction or get a $25 fine and you have to pull your garbage cans in your yard after trash pick up day or you have another fine. A lot of the old village workers are gone and the ones that remain don't do what they used to do and nobody seems to know who is in charge except of course, the mayor. He is in charge of a lot of things it appears. Anybody heard about the new vision projects, jobs, foreclosure prevention, and newsletter that was talked about so much ? Where do we go to find out ? Seen the shiny black truck driving around with the lights flashing but wasn't able to flag it down to get info, just a celebrity kind of wave. Just wanna know where and who can tell what this new vision is really all about or was that just to let us know the old is gone while they figure out what to do. Looked at the website all the time and it's been under construction for awhile now...just thought the new folks had a plan from what was heard. Oh, forgot there is a new village seal that says 'village with a vision' or something. Just wanna know what's up...can u tell something ?
THE FACTS

Gary, IN

#2 Jan 21, 2010
As a Riverdale employee, I feel that it's my duty to set the record straight on a few issues out here.

First, there was the comment about what a wonderful job Greg Baker and Greg Knoll did as police chief and fire chief respectively. Greg Knoll was running the fire department into the ground! Administration 101 clearly spells out that when working under a municipal budget, you either come in at or over budget, with the intent on requesting more to compensate for cost increases. Knoll consistently gave back each and every year, forcing the firefighters to make do with less and less. This includes manpower. How safe is that?

There have been many comments about the "shiny black truck" Mayor Dean has. No one wants to comprehend that it costs less overall, and is more fuel efficient then what the mayor previously had.

There have been comments if Mayor Dean had a plan, as this is the Village with a Vision. Certainly he does. He is trying to get the employees and the residents more involved in their community. More involved with the direction it goes in. And certainly, making it more transparent, so as to remove the old, "let's continue doing it this way cause it worked for us". Well, it really didn't work for us, or anyone else for that matter. He took over a village with an obscene deficit, and without raising taxes, is trying to erase it through developing new businesses and cost-effective changes in the way business is done. As a new mayor, it will unfortunately have to be through trial and error, but it sure is better than the old way, which was politics as usual, so we get our cut.

Sometimes, the best way to repair a community is to reinvent it. The Century of Pride gave us a century of bills, and a Tylenol headache as employees were shortchanged by an administrator who tried to demoralize and dictate. Those who complain now, are atypically those who want to go back to the economically dooming gravy boat they benefited from. "Give us what we want, and screw everyone else!"

The nay-sayers should quit critizing and start asking, "What can I do to repair the damage caused by the previous mismanagement of Riverdale?" In the end, we all sink or swim.

Me, I'd rather swim...but that's just the facts!
Jus wanna no whassup

Woodstock, IL

#3 Apr 12, 2010
The rhetoric is so very redundant. There appear to be paid speakers who want to give a shot of motivation to nothing. The new Riverdale administration must really humiliate us all before the citizens will shut up those who stand back and with gullible ears respond like sheep to the slaughter. The whole picture IF TRULY TRANSPARENT would show that the truck that is so efficient on gas and basically cost the same as the prior Mayor's car has thousands of dollars of bells and whistles including satellite radio. While people are made part time and positions are eliminated, there are big corporations that cost a fortune running things. Citizens have a really hard time getting human response and contact with corporations and this is the plan. We will really be shocked very soon. The attorneys hired by the new administration ...yep attorneys (some quit after a few months) AND the last attorney was arrested for misconduct in neighboring Calumet Park. We still have an attorney from THE SAME LAW FIRM. When you re-invent YOU MUST HAVE A PLAN IN PLACE AND THE NEW INVENTION MUST BE BETTER THAN THE LAST... NOT MORE COSTLY, AND EMBARRASSING TOO!
And the new businesses were announced in March... we will have two full fledged liquor stores. How many people in Riverdale will qualify to work at a liquor store. The only more dangerous job is cab driver! We want to help in the community but that would mean giving up our right to opinions, questions, or voicing opposition. The egotistical arrogant leadership is spinning out of control. Too many are caught up in the smooth talk that has no substance and is definitely not designed to pass any test. Bet you won't ask the mayor OR the appointed trustees to explain ANYTHING! You'll be surprised at the lack of knowledge and information that exists. The governmental process in Riverdale is a pitiful mockery and disgrace to those of us who understand just the basics of how a democracy works. FACTS CAN'T BE COLORED BY FAVORITISMS AND OPINIONS. Been to the meetings and tried to be involved... no explanation of the vision...just directives on what WE WILL DO from the one who is quick to let us know he UNFORTUNATELY is in charge... HOPEFULLY NOT BEFORE WE SINK...GLAD YOU CAN SWIM...JUST HOPE YOU'RE A STRONG SWIMMER cause at the rate we are going an iceberg is straight ahead!
Jus wanna no whassup

La Grange Park, IL

#4 Apr 25, 2010
Last week the picture of a fallen officer was removed WITHOUT the public knowing. Most learned of this insensitive, self-centered act on the nightly news. After getting caught this way, Deyon Dean gave some really lame excuse and the picture was placed back where it belongs. AND NOT A WEEK HAS PASSED and it is again revealed that Deyon Dean makes over $100,000 annually and alleges he is doing two full-time jobs and being compensated with tax-payer dollars. The justification we are supposed to be stupid enough to accept is that he alleges he took 10 furlough days and returned 2 months in salary. Well that does not even come close to the 'perks' of the vehicle he rides in at tax-payer expense...not even the gas that is paid for by tax-payers to get him to BOTH of his full-time jobs...not even the cost of gas. THIS IS DISGUSTING AND AN A TRAVESTY! It also explains all those Mayor and Board of Trustee 'SMART PATH' events... that's what ya call killing two birds with one stone. SMART PATH is an Illinois Dept. of Human Services initiative from a few years ago and if he uses Riverdale as his site for improvement AND wonder who pays for these events... the State of Illinois or the Village of Riverdale. In any event, it's tax-payer dollars. SELFISH, SELF-CENTERED,ACTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!! When will it end AND WHAT ELSE DON'T WE KNOW!
River-dazed

Chicago, IL

#5 May 30, 2010
Please. Let's not con ourselves. The Village is on a long, long path downward. Property market values fell since 2007. Crime is rampant, ghetto behavior increasing (turn down the radio, keep your kids off the streets, cut your grass more than once a month, bag and can your garbage, etc. etc.). The faces and names change at the Village, but the nonsense continues. How much are we paying for Police Lieutenants for a small town that's losing its tax base? What happened to ESDA/EMA? Why do we have a full time mayor AND full time Village Administrator?
Redevelopment?? You're kidding! The stores by the Chase bank and Family Dollar are still EMPTY! The CVS came in, but Eve's Lounge took over 3 storefronts. THAT'S a selling point..bars??
Jus wanna no whasup

Griffith, IN

#6 Sep 6, 2010
Riverdazed... YOU WERE SOOOO RIGHT! Three months after your post and the cleaners is gone, Harold's Chicken is gone AND the spotlighted new business Pearlz Restaurant is gone! The website is a joke and if you want to be misinformed...Look there. The Village employees change as often as some folks change socks. AND THE BUDGET...man oh man. There appears to be some new political strategy brewing as rumors have it ANY AND EVERYBODY who has been duped into thinking they would get a piece of the 'new direction' pie is angered and vowing to run for office. This would be the only twist that could add to the every increasing saga of DEPTHS OF DECEIT that continues as the community spirals down to UNIMAGINABLE DISARRAY YET the few who cry out are viewed as crazy. WHEN THE WAKE-UP COMES...LOOK OUT! Hope it isn't too late !
oh well

United States

#7 Sep 6, 2010
Jus wanna no whasup wrote:
Riverdazed... YOU WERE SOOOO RIGHT! Three months after your post and the cleaners is gone, Harold's Chicken is gone AND the spotlighted new business Pearlz Restaurant is gone! The website is a joke and if you want to be misinformed...Look there. The Village employees change as often as some folks change socks. AND THE BUDGET...man oh man. There appears to be some new political strategy brewing as rumors have it ANY AND EVERYBODY who has been duped into thinking they would get a piece of the 'new direction' pie is angered and vowing to run for office. This would be the only twist that could add to the every increasing saga of DEPTHS OF DECEIT that continues as the community spirals down to UNIMAGINABLE DISARRAY YET the few who cry out are viewed as crazy. WHEN THE WAKE-UP COMES...LOOK OUT! Hope it isn't too late !
it's too late. Inexperience and arrogance finally destroyed this town. Impeachment and indictment time folks. Something criminal is going on!!!!!!!!!
too much funny

Riverdale, IL

#8 Sep 9, 2010
River-dazed wrote:
Please. Let's not con ourselves. The Village is on a long, long path downward. Property market values fell since 2007. Crime is rampant, ghetto behavior increasing (turn down the radio, keep your kids off the streets, cut your grass more than once a month, bag and can your garbage, etc. etc.). The faces and names change at the Village, but the nonsense continues. How much are we paying for Police Lieutenants for a small town that's losing its tax base? What happened to ESDA/EMA? Why do we have a full time mayor AND full time Village Administrator?
Redevelopment?? You're kidding! The stores by the Chase bank and Family Dollar are still EMPTY! The CVS came in, but Eve's Lounge took over 3 storefronts. THAT'S a selling point..bars??
Welcome to big village rip off. Riverdale is a small town with a Full Time Mayor. So why do we need a Village Administrator ? And who would this person be?

“Riverdale News”

Since: Oct 10

Riverdale IL

#9 Oct 7, 2010
I for one voted for the new mayor just like supported the previous mayor for three terms I believe. In fact Mayor Dean won by an overwhelming majority of the votes. He receive if I recall 60 to 70 some percent of the vote. I will have to look that up. The point is the vast massive of the people of Riverdale at the polls wanted a change. Mayor Dean is a rookie Mayor he will and must be allow a certain degree of latitude to run and implement some of his vision of changes for Riverdale. You see I have no political affiliation neither republic or democratic,I just as soon vote you in as I vote you out. Nor do I hide behind walls of made up screen names to slander people for some political advantages or for just the plain hell of it. Whatever that reason may be if it's not in the name of honor justification, it has no valid integrity .

It is nice to know that board of trustee didn't approve the first deputy police that the mayor wanted it show that enough people was doing their job. I didn't think he was qualify and apparently they didn't either. That how the process should work.

Stand that a side Mayor Dean is doing an admiral job consider the fact he has been in office for a a year1/2. From the people that I spoke to at different events we like the the job he is doing and we believe that it's only going to get better. This is about accountability that goes for Mayor Dean and all elective official as well as the previous administration. Everyone must be held accountable. The policeman, fireman,etc etc etc.... Your answerability if it's a liability will show in the polling both where you will be taxed or a stronger taxation of indebtedness may find you with the rank of some of our pass Governor.

I support this mayor as does the overwhelming majority people of Riverdale. The polls has spoken. The polling both is close. Allow him to do the job that we the people of Riverdale elected him to do.
Jus wannano whasup

Dolton, IL

#10 Oct 28, 2010
Booker T wrote:
I for one voted for the new mayor just like supported the previous mayor for three terms I believe. In fact Mayor Dean won by an overwhelming majority of the votes. He receive if I recall 60 to 70 some percent of the vote. I will have to look that up. The point is the vast massive of the people of Riverdale at the polls wanted a change. Mayor Dean is a rookie Mayor he will and must be allow a certain degree of latitude to run and implement some of his vision of changes for Riverdale. You see I have no political affiliation neither republic or democratic,I just as soon vote you in as I vote you out. Nor do I hide behind walls of made up screen names to slander people for some political advantages or for just the plain hell of it. Whatever that reason may be if it's not in the name of honor justification, it has no valid integrity .
It is nice to know that board of trustee didn't approve the first deputy police that the mayor wanted it show that enough people was doing their job. I didn't think he was qualify and apparently they didn't either. That how the process should work.
Stand that a side Mayor Dean is doing an admiral job consider the fact he has been in office for a a year1/2. From the people that I spoke to at different events we like the the job he is doing and we believe that it's only going to get better. This is about accountability that goes for Mayor Dean and all elective official as well as the previous administration. Everyone must be held accountable. The policeman, fireman,etc etc etc.... Your answerability if it's a liability will show in the polling both where you will be taxed or a stronger taxation of indebtedness may find you with the rank of some of our pass Governor.
I support this mayor as does the overwhelming majority people of Riverdale. The polls has spoken. The polling both is close. Allow him to do the job that we the people of Riverdale elected him to do.
Unfortunately, there are too many people who are allowing the current administration to just keep saying when things KEEP going wrong and embarassing... GIVE HIM A CHANCE... We just recall that Mayor Dean WAS a part of the administration as a trustee 12 years prior to becoming mayor and it is taking him an awfully long time to make proper decisions. It's been more than a year now and as we approach the half way mark of his first ( and hopefully only) term AND THE NEW ADMINISTRATION IS STILL STRUGGLING WITH STAFFING... THE STAFF CONTINUES TO BE NEW SO WHAT IS GETTING DONE ! When we look to see a NEW program from the alleged new vision...we see a duplication of what was done before or some social event OR ANOTHER PHOTO OPPORTUNITY TO FIX A MESS...LIKE THE STREET RE-NAMING AFTER THE SLAIN OFFICER'S PICTURE WAS REMOVED IN APRIL. WE FORGET TOO MUCH TOO FAST ! The current head administrator is not that new...he has been in loca government for more than 10 years and BEFORE running for office said he had a plan NOW... we are repeatedly told...wait until he gets it right as we slide downhill and remain uninformed because those of you who put him in office don't want to admit YOU MADE A MISTAKE and though we want to be optimistic... IT IS LOOKING WORSE ALL THE TIME! I BET YOU WON'T CONFRONT THE ADMINSITRATION ON ANYTHING OR YOU WONT BE SUCH A LOYAL SUPPORTER.
Anonymous

United States

#11 Oct 30, 2010
My problem is people allowing dangerous dog like pitt bull to run free without muzzles or lease,I think it
unfair to the other that don't own dogs to have to deal with other pet. And what are the police and mayor of riverdale doing to protect the people, why are this dog owner not made to get higher and stronger fences, and why are those dog allowed to be out in there yards without begin properly chained , I contacted the city inspector and nothing has been done in my neighborhood of 144th and 145th and parnell, and one the police office I talked to tell me that he has a pitt bull and I seem to be prejudices against this dog no these dog are more dangerous then must dogs and so a few other, so what is going to take before something is done to make sure that people of river dale feeling comfortable walking the streets of

riverdale without having to worry about begin attack by someone pet. Someone to be killed by one of this dangerous animal our next door neighbor call friendly pets.

“Riverdale News”

Since: Oct 10

Riverdale IL

#12 Oct 31, 2010
yanrnold67 wrote:
My problem is people allowing dangerous dog like pitt bull to run free without muzzles or lease,I think it
unfair to the other that don't own dogs to have to deal with other pet. And what are the police and mayor of riverdale doing to protect the people, why are this dog owner not made to get higher and stronger fences, and why are those dog allowed to be out in there yards without begin properly chained , I contacted the city inspector and nothing has been done in my neighborhood of 144th and 145th and parnell, and one the police office I talked to tell me that he has a pitt bull and I seem to be prejudices against this dog no these dog are more dangerous then must dogs and so a few other, so what is going to take before something is done to make sure that people of river dale feeling comfortable walking the streets of
riverdale without having to worry about begin attack by someone pet. Someone to be killed by one of this dangerous animal our next door neighbor call friendly pets.
I can't speak for other people just for myself. Sometime I take my dog off the lease while I'm walking them to reinforce some of their training. But at no time is anyone ever in danger unless they are trying to attack me. If I have them off the lease you can be assure the lease is with me and I don't walk pass people with the lease off. I two don't like irresponsible dog owner. I bought a truck just for my dogs because to many dogs where jumping their fence when I be walking my dogs (I can testify many times to this). Just the other day I had to hold my dogs back from a pit bull that was loose in from of his master house that came at me but thought twice as I was walking my dogs. I should mention that in the last 3 weeks I have knock on their door twice and have seen the police escorting there dog once off the streets.

As a dog lover I take personal pride in the training of my dogs and as I hard working man unfortunately we live in society where one might be well equip to have God, camera, dogs, and pistol in ones arsenal. Yes something needs to be done with dogs that are free to escape its master control and be un-contain.

“Riverdale News”

Since: Oct 10

Riverdale IL

#13 Oct 31, 2010
Jus wannano whasup wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately, there are too many people who are allowing the current administration to just keep saying when things KEEP going wrong and embarassing... GIVE HIM A CHANCE... We just recall that Mayor Dean WAS a part of the administration as a trustee 12 years prior to becoming mayor and it is taking him an awfully long time to make proper decisions. It's been more than a year now and as we approach the half way mark of his first ( and hopefully only) term AND THE NEW ADMINISTRATION IS STILL STRUGGLING WITH STAFFING... THE STAFF CONTINUES TO BE NEW SO WHAT IS GETTING DONE ! When we look to see a NEW program from the alleged new vision...we see a duplication of what was done before or some social event OR ANOTHER PHOTO OPPORTUNITY TO FIX A MESS...LIKE THE STREET RE-NAMING AFTER THE SLAIN OFFICER'S PICTURE WAS REMOVED IN APRIL. WE FORGET TOO MUCH TOO FAST ! The current head administrator is not that new...he has been in loca government for more than 10 years and BEFORE running for office said he had a plan NOW... we are repeatedly told...wait until he gets it right as we slide downhill and remain uninformed because those of you who put him in office don't want to admit YOU MADE A MISTAKE and though we want to be optimistic... IT IS LOOKING WORSE ALL THE TIME! I BET YOU WON'T CONFRONT THE ADMINSITRATION ON ANYTHING OR YOU WONT BE SUCH A LOYAL SUPPORTER.
We were sliding down hill with the previous administration that is why a change was made in the polling both. I stand by my comment that I support my mayor with the prevalence of everyone being accountable and I do understand why some people when they post here or there must conceal their identity because fear of retribution, but I am also well aware that some people have a sinister glance for self gratifying purposes. We will see as the river flow during this administration term as we evaluate.

My post is of this evaluation. The mayor regime will be reappraise at the end of his term and taxes accordingly by the people. It is my hope that we can bring the quality of living in Riverdale gradually to some higher standards. I support this Mayor as I supported the Mayor before him.

“Riverdale News”

Since: Oct 10

Riverdale IL

#14 Jan 25, 2011
Jus wannano whasup wrote:
<quoted text> Unfortunately, there are too many people who are allowing the current administration to just keep saying when things KEEP going wrong and embarassing... GIVE HIM A CHANCE... We just recall that Mayor Dean WAS a part of the administration as a trustee 12 years prior to becoming mayor and it is taking him an awfully long time to make proper decisions. It's been more than a year now and as we approach the half way mark of his first ( and hopefully only) term AND THE NEW ADMINISTRATION IS STILL STRUGGLING WITH STAFFING... THE STAFF CONTINUES TO BE NEW SO WHAT IS GETTING DONE ! When we look to see a NEW program from the alleged new vision...we see a duplication of what was done before or some social event OR ANOTHER PHOTO OPPORTUNITY TO FIX A MESS...LIKE THE STREET RE-NAMING AFTER THE SLAIN OFFICER'S PICTURE WAS REMOVED IN APRIL. WE FORGET TOO MUCH TOO FAST ! The current head administrator is not that new...he has been in loca government for more than 10 years and BEFORE running for office said he had a plan NOW... we are repeatedly told...wait until he gets it right as we slide downhill and remain uninformed because those of you who put him in office don't want to admit YOU MADE A MISTAKE and though we want to be optimistic... IT IS LOOKING WORSE ALL THE TIME! I BET YOU WON'T CONFRONT THE ADMINSITRATION ON ANYTHING OR YOU WONT BE SUCH A LOYAL SUPPORTER.
I still support my new mayor but I do have some concern and criticism that must be address. It is the half way point of this administration. Stay tune!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
village idiot 57 min mmmhmm 13
wanted: mayor 1 hr do 7
Bad Contractor (Dec '11) 4 hr NutBag 57
Nancy Rita Cancels Finance Meeting 4 hr More like pulling 5
2015 Chicago Heights Elections (Jan '14) 5 hr digger_70 43
Has anyone been assaulted by a Hazel Crest poli... 6 hr Lbh 4
So why do we still have 3 blocks of weeds? 7 hr Doubting Thomas 1
Riverdale Dating
Find my Match

Riverdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Riverdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Riverdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]