unfair child support amount

Posted in the Ripley Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of212
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
sharon

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

im writing because i think the child support should be raised to a minimum of at the least 200 a month or higher im so sick of judges putting 50 a month on dead beat dads i recieve that amount if i get it at all i can not raise my son on that amount my new husband and i both work but still cant make it and 50 dollars a month is a joke he wont get a job he just lays around Im wondering how to start a petition to the govener or senator of wv can i have any feed back please and help on how to do this
Really

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Ok I have no idea who u are but really. U and ur new husband which means two of u together working TWO INCOMES. Cant make it without more money from ur ex significant other. Why do u need three incomes. Yes he should support is child but what would u do if u and your new husband had a child together for money. This is what is wrong with things now adays people think that everyone owes them something.
Epic fail

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Okay, I have to say something. I've only been getting child support for 2 years and all I receive is $75 a month so I know how you feel. He claims social security disability which is just dumb because there is nothing wrong with him. Then he produces 2 more children that he can't afford. I don't think that it matters what the mother makes, the father of the child should be responsible for taking care of his child. Just because I make good money doesn't mean he should contribute any less. The children deserve to get the best that they can from both parents. Child support should be a 25% for everybody.
Really

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 10, 2012
 
What 25% to u is different then 25% of mine. U can not base it like that. My point is what would Sharon do if the father had primary care of child and she had to pay child support. She states she can't afford anything now with THREE INCOMES. how would she feel if the shoe was on the other foot and she had to pay him!!!! I am a married man with two kids I make decent money my wife makes decent money we do not need for anything but we both work in public affairs and see things alot of people don't it makes me sick that some people think they deserve something for nothing
Epic fail

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 10, 2012
 
Man or woman, it doesn't matter! I would gladly contribute to my child in the same amount I would want as the primary parent. It seems anymore people have forgotten that children are a big responsibility. Too many people are making babies and avoiding the responsibility. Buck up people, I may be a little tainted to this topic because I have been burned in the process, and I get to see him showing off his new Harley bike and talking about going skiing and yet he receives social security disability? Come on, there is something wrong with this system, and my child is the one who is affected. Obviously I am aware that 25% of ones income varies from person to person. It's a fair amount to request. There's too many people finding loop holes in the system and continue to take advantage, regardless that it's at the child's expense.
Really

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

I agree with u EPIC FAIL there is to many problems with the system. I do not pay child support because me and my wife work through problems and believe that a family should stay together. Now saying that there r a number of things that can cause a relationship to fail. But my point is she complains about not being able to support her child on what he gives her. What would she do of he wasn't around and couldn't give money. IE she had a child with her new man and didn't have the first child. I just see it to often people complaining bout this. I will say again I AGREE that people should support there child no matter what and it should be in the child's best interst.
money hungry

Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If you chose to reproduce with these people you know are deadbeats, or people who don't work or have no morals I think thats your fault. I know people who pay well over $400 for one kid and i think thats ridiculous. Thats more money than what I spend on my BABY in one month. If you're a single mom maybe, but if you have a signifigant other then i think they are taking on your kid as a responsibility too, just be happy you get anything from your ex. If you keep the child most of the time you should have to contribute more than him anyways.
lovedog

Summersville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

if do uthink u r money hungry i work 2 jobs neither one of my kids dads dont pay childsupport i dont get food stamps dont get hud i dont get a check from the welfare so why is it ok for them to not pay anything when i live pay check to pay check because both of them r signed up on trying to get social security disability one owes me over 60,000.00 dollars dont think i will ever c any money do u because our system sucks they get by with it not having to pay me a dime believe me when it happens to u one of these days im sure it will then u will know how we all feel
Epic fail

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 10, 2012
 
lovedog wrote:
if do uthink u r money hungry i work 2 jobs neither one of my kids dads dont pay childsupport i dont get food stamps dont get hud i dont get a check from the welfare so why is it ok for them to not pay anything when i live pay check to pay check because both of them r signed up on trying to get social security disability one owes me over 60,000.00 dollars dont think i will ever c any money do u because our system sucks they get by with it not having to pay me a dime believe me when it happens to u one of these days im sure it will then u will know how we all feel
I don't know if you read my statement above, so I will just tell you real quick, you will receive some support payments but don't expect it to be above $75 a month. I had to wait till my child was 10 before I even saw one dime. I have yet to receive the $10,000 plus that he owes in back child support.
You have to fight for your child to get the support you need. I find that shameful that the rules aren't more strict against dead beat dads/moms.
oh my

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 10, 2012
 
Really wrote:
Ok I have no idea who u are but really. U and ur new husband which means two of u together working TWO INCOMES. Cant make it without more money from ur ex significant other. Why do u need three incomes. Yes he should support is child but what would u do if u and your new husband had a child together for money. This is what is wrong with things now adays people think that everyone owes them something.
WTF, there's something seriously wrong with you!! I'm also sick of dead beat parents not paying for there children. I'm 29 && was married for 3years had a baby a year ago and my ex husband don't pay child support. He's ordered to do it, but don't, so needless to say I filed contempt of court on him. && I work my ass off supporting my daughter & wouldn't want it any other way. But ppl need help. && to Really, you need to have a flippin heart, its hard being a single parent you moron. Go get a life && stop talkin sh.I.t Im Topix. Freak
oh my

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 10, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

Oh & my husband left me cause he thought drugs were more important!! What kind of idiot is that? I'm 29 with one child, so I dare someone say I keep reproducing. My daughter is my life and I will continue to do it on my own. I don't need a damn man to help me. Worthless sh.I.ts anyways.
oh my

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 10, 2012
 
&& all u keep talking s.h.I.t, but u will never know what its like to b a single parent until u have been here. You heartless b.a.s.t.a.rd.s shouldn't say anything. Ppl should have to pay more child support. I lousy 50$ a month ain't sh.I.t.
Epic fail

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 10, 2012
 
oh my wrote:
&& all u keep talking s.h.I.t, but u will never know what its like to b a single parent until u have been here. You heartless b.a.s.t.a.rd.s shouldn't say anything. Ppl should have to pay more child support. I lousy 50$ a month ain't sh.I.t.
Exactly, dead beat parents need to not be allowed to even drive a car unless they are abiding by the rules. Drivers licenses should be revoked if they aren't paying. Maybe they should go without (like their children do) they need a frigging taste of their own medicine.
It costs $11,000 a year to raise a child. Hard to believe but it's true, consider the gas to go to activities, clothing, hair cuts and any other activity(zoo, sports, bowling) doctors appts,medicine, clothing. I could go on and on.
oh my

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 10, 2012
 
Epic fail wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, dead beat parents need to not be allowed to even drive a car unless they are abiding by the rules. Drivers licenses should be revoked if they aren't paying. Maybe they should go without (like their children do) they need a frigging taste of their own medicine.
It costs $11,000 a year to raise a child. Hard to believe but it's true, consider the gas to go to activities, clothing, hair cuts and any other activity(zoo, sports, bowling) doctors appts,medicine, clothing. I could go on and on.
Your so right, it takes a lot to raise a child!! This subject gets me every time. I'm just blown away that's there's so many dead beat parents out here!! Being a single parent is one of he hardest jobs u will ever do, but in the end its totally worth it. I live, breath, for my baby girl! She's my heart and soul!! I have done it on my own & will continue to do it. But I will also keep taking my ex husband back to court until he pays!!:)
Really

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 10, 2012
 
The lady that started this topic isn't a single parent u all are getting off subject. If u read what I said then u will see I agree that people need child support and no 50 dollars isn't anything. And to the person that said 400 isn't enough I somewhat agree with u cause u have to supply food water shelter and countless other things. BUT MY POINT IS THIS. The ex should not be required to provide shelter food electricity and other things to for his ex wife/new husband also. And that's what some Not all not all people want child support for.
fringg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Take it as a lesson learned. Wipe your jazz and move on. He obviously will not step up and do his part, so do like I did, work work work, yes sometimes 75 hours a week. I saved cans, clipped coupons, shopped thrift stores and yard sales, washed clothes in cold water kept the thermostat low. If you spend the rest of your day griping about what the other parent does not do you are wasting your time
Just make do with what you have. And for gods sake don't have anymore children!
Really

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 10, 2012
 
fringg wrote:
Take it as a lesson learned. Wipe your jazz and move on. He obviously will not step up and do his part, so do like I did, work work work, yes sometimes 75 hours a week. I saved cans, clipped coupons, shopped thrift stores and yard sales, washed clothes in cold water kept the thermostat low. If you spend the rest of your day griping about what the other parent does not do you are wasting your time
Just make do with what you have. And for gods sake don't have anymore children!
AMEN
fringg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 10, 2012
 
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN
I had my child at 19, and yes for a very short time I received public assistance, just long enough to get on my feet. I realized my sperm donor was not going to step up and I was so embarrassed to use food stamps, I literally would go to parkersburg to shop for groceries I got a job and 2 part time jobs and got as far away from welfare as I could. Yes I missed some important times in my sons life, but he learned that you have to work hard to take care of yourself. He is living on his own now and takes care of himself and is doing great. Having another child was the last thing on my mind. You can do it, you just have to not feel sorry for yourself.
oh my

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 10, 2012
 

Judged:

1

fringg wrote:
<quoted text>I had my child at 19, and yes for a very short time I received public assistance, just long enough to get on my feet. I realized my sperm donor was not going to step up and I was so embarrassed to use food stamps, I literally would go to parkersburg to shop for groceries I got a job and 2 part time jobs and got as far away from welfare as I could. Yes I missed some important times in my sons life, but he learned that you have to work hard to take care of yourself. He is living on his own now and takes care of himself and is doing great. Having another child was the last thing on my mind. You can do it, you just have to not feel sorry for yourself.
I work my butt off also, please go back && read my statements if u were talking to me!!:)
fringg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 10, 2012
 
oh my wrote:
<quoted text> I work my butt off also, please go back && read my statements if u were talking to me!!:)
No my post was just in general, it was not posted to any specific person. But kudos to you for doing a fantastic job on caring for your daughter on your own. Too many people today depend solely on the government for raising children. Sorry that you thought my post was geared toward you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of212
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Ripley Forum right now

Search the Ripley Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr fitness-guru 43,285
topic affair phase out chapter one phase one 2 hr whatsmyname 15
Builders (Oct '12) 3 hr construction 31
WV October 4th Gubernatorial Special Election: Who... (Sep '11) 5 hr tax 5,633
My Topix affair phase 2 volume 3 6 hr whatsmyname 28
topix affair 6 hr whatsmyname 17
brittany scaggs 8 hr Dozer Dog 11
•••

Freeze Warning for Jackson County was issued at April 17 at 2:54AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Ripley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Ripley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••