Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

Judged:

Johnny Edwards has qualified to run against Craig Fitzhugh this fall. Ask yourself one question. Are you and District 82 any better off than you were 2 years ago? It is time to make a change. Support Mr. Edwards.
Think Again

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

Judged:

Stand Up wrote:
Johnny Edwards has qualified to run against Craig Fitzhugh this fall. Ask yourself one question. Are you and District 82 any better off than you were 2 years ago? It is time to make a change. Support Mr. Edwards.
Fitzhugh may not have done everything I feel he should, but I assure you he will still get my vote over Johnny Edwards.

Humboldt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

Judged:

Like it or not-Craig will win again. The Districts have been re-aligned a bit and his now INCLUDES Haywood County.
As you no doubt know...Haywood is very heavily...um...Democratic, shall we say.
Butters

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Judged:

Ha, I love how fitzhugh already has folks posting on here.

Needless to say, the district is a lean republican district now despite Haywood county. Try again fitzhugh! You need to pay your staff to do something other than to post on Topix.

Edwards 2012. Get rid of Obama's Tennessee crony, Craig Fitzhugh.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Judged:

I am glad to hear Johnny is running again. If I recall, Craig's war chest was in the hundreds of thousands with out of local contributors, Johnny's war chest was less than five thousand. And the end result was that Craig won with about two hundred votes--close enough for a recount.
Johnny has some very good ideas that would benefit this area.
The Rock

Marengo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Time for Fitzhugh to go. I'm voting for Edwards. The Rock says he wants someone to make big CHANGE. Not just the same ole status quo. We need someone with some nuts and will challenge everything.
Vote Edwards

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

VOTE: Johnny Edwards
We need NEW BLOOD in office and i believe Johnny Edwards is the one we need. Fitzhugh needs to go.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Obviously someone who doesn't like Johnny has made all the same JUDGE responses. How juvenile...
The Rock

Marengo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

Many people are on the hook for Fitzhugh because they owe the bank money and/or are afraid they won't get to borrow anymore. MAN UP!! GROW UP!! AND STEP UP!!
bummed democrat

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

theOX wrote:
Obviously someone who doesn't like Johnny has made all the same JUDGE responses. How juvenile...
Unfortunately, this os how my old democrat party acts...like kids. What is probably happening is Fitzhugh has some paid staff coming on here and marking everything. It's just another sign that he's scared and losing his iron grip on his district.

Humboldt, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

Judged:

I posted about this and I don't work for Craig or owe any money to the bank. I have nothing against Johnny at all. In fact, I voted for him last time.
I'm merely stating the facts that with Haywood getting added to the district...it's pretty sure Craig will win.
It's not fair to assume some of the stuff you all are assuming. I don't know who posted the other stuff...but I posted the like it or not post.
I might have voted for one democrat in my life.
Facts are facts...and this will be a much more difficult race for Johnny this time than last.
Hmm

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
I posted about this and I don't work for Craig or owe any money to the bank. I have nothing against Johnny at all. In fact, I voted for him last time.
I'm merely stating the facts that with Haywood getting added to the district...it's pretty sure Craig will win.
It's not fair to assume some of the stuff you all are assuming. I don't know who posted the other stuff...but I posted the like it or not post.
Facts are facts...and this will be a much more difficult race for Johnny this time than last.
You need to go back to the drawing board with your assumptions. Do the math on the new district. It is now a lean-republican district. It is not exactly in fitzhughs favor. If Johnny works hard I see him pulling it out. All you have to basically do is point out the fact that fitzhugh is a huge Obama supporter. Truth hurts for Craig.
local

Halls, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

Judged:

guest wrote:
Guest, I also never voted for Craig the last election, but with all the African Americans in Haywood county then Craig will be hard to beat. If the districts had stayed the same then Craig would probably lose the upcoming election. Johnny needs to find some influencial and locally known African Americans over in Haywood country to help him in upcoming election.
bummed democrat

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

Judged:

local wrote:
<quoted text>
Guest, I also never voted for Craig the last election, but with all the African Americans in Haywood county then Craig will be hard to beat. If the districts had stayed the same then Craig would probably lose the upcoming election. Johnny needs to find some influencial and locally known African Americans over in Haywood country to help him in upcoming election.
Johnny is in a great position to win, probably better than last year. People now know and understand that Craig is in Obama's back pocket. What's playing into Johnny's success is what "Hmm" said. This district is still a "lean-republican" district. Besides, turnout among african americans will be lower this time than last. They're just not as excited about Obama. And why would they be? The unemployment rate among them is actually HIGHER now than it was when Obama took office.

Edwards is in a good position to win. It will be tough, but I think he'll win.

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

Judged:

Hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to go back to the drawing board with your assumptions. Do the math on the new district. It is now a lean-republican district. It is not exactly in fitzhughs favor. If Johnny works hard I see him pulling it out. All you have to basically do is point out the fact that fitzhugh is a huge Obama supporter. Truth hurts for Craig.
YOU do the math! You don't know what you're talking about! The parts of Haywood County will be HUGE Democratic. Trust me. True, Edwards only lost by a couple hundred votes last time. THAT'S because Craig carried the Lauderdale County part of the District so heavily. That's what got Craig elected last time around.

THIS time-there are more strictly democratic votes in the district than there were before. The ONLY argument that holds any water for HELPING Edwards is the low turnout argument. That one has some merit.
MATH> Yes....YOU think about the numbers...and if I'm wrong-put in some links to show me. I am by far NOT saying I prefer Craig over Edwards...what I AM saying is that odds are way in his favor.

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2012

Judged:

This boils down to a race between a candidate who supports Obama and his approach to government and a candidate who opposes the tax and spend welfare state. Talk about being a "Conservative" Blue Dog Democrat is just a hustle.

If you like Obama, vote for Fitzhugh. I'm voting for the candidate behind Door # 2.
Stand Up

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Judged:

I believe Fitzhugh is going to be a delegate at the democratic convention so he can vote for OBAMA. He may speak like a blue dog but that blue dog loves the democrat's liberal positions.
bummed democrat

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2012

Stand Up wrote:
I believe Fitzhugh is going to be a delegate at the democratic convention so he can vote for OBAMA. He may speak like a blue dog but that blue dog loves the democrat's liberal positions.
On the money statement.
Funny

Milan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Yeah it's very funny how Haywood all of a sudden became part of the district. Some politicians will do anything to stay in power. Johnny best get some very good help in Haywood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Ripley Forum right now

Search the Ripley Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 21 min TN Voter 141,632
The Sheriff's Election 13 hr knowthefacts 185
a.c.e. 13 hr spp 4
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 14 hr Zeke 8,982
Neglected and starving horses on W. Tenn. farm ... 14 hr Hmmmm 2
Idiots that marked Obama for president (Apr '10) 16 hr Jeff 267
Walmart Does Something Right (Dec '13) 19 hr Peetie 56
•••
•••
•••
Ripley Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Ripley Jobs

•••