Martinez vetoes three bills on redistricting

Oct 8, 2011 Full story: Silver City Sun-News 203

About 40 percent of New Mexico's growth in the last 10 years occurred in Rio Rancho and on the west side of Albuquerque.

Full Story
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 8, 2011
Good for Governor Martinez!

The leftist/liberals in Santa Fe know their days are numbered, so they must find any way possible to hold onto power..even if it means fraudulently restructuring voting blocks in their favor.

The people of New Mexico deserve better from our representatives in the New Mexico Legislature. The only way to assure honesty and accountability is to continue to vote out leftists at every electoral opportunity. They have had their day. They have failed. It is time to get back to the principles that found this country and made it great:

Less government.

More freedom.

In the meantime, say no to gerrymandering!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 8, 2011
You llying sack, you are still insane. This will help her keep her job. Selfish.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Oct 8, 2011
Jenks wrote:
You llying sack, you are still insane. This will help her keep her job. Selfish.
You are wrong, of course. But that is no surprise. You are on the wrong side of every issue.

Liberalism is a dead ideology. The people know it, but the government, which in reality works for us, is going to fight tooth and nail to maintain their power.

All we have to do is defeat a few more socialists in every election, and eventually the citizenry will gain the power guaranteed us in the Constitution, and return government to it's rightful place.

And we can use peaceful, legal means, rather than ridiculous loud-mouthed demonstrations, sit-ins, and so-called "occupation".
Derrek Brown

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Oct 8, 2011
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong, of course. But that is no surprise. You are on the wrong side of every issue.
Liberalism is a dead ideology. The people know it, but the government, which in reality works for us, is going to fight tooth and nail to maintain their power.
All we have to do is defeat a few more socialists in every election, and eventually the citizenry will gain the power guaranteed us in the Constitution, and return government to it's rightful place.
And we can use peaceful, legal means, rather than ridiculous loud-mouthed demonstrations, sit-ins, and so-called "occupation".
Sadly you are correct. Liberalism is a dead Ideology. There will be no stopping conservatism/teabaggerism from their ultimate goal of destroying the United States of America now. Our doom is sealed.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#5 Oct 8, 2011
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong, of course. But that is no surprise. You are on the wrong side of every issue.
Liberalism is a dead ideology. The people know it, but the government, which in reality works for us, is going to fight tooth and nail to maintain their power.
All we have to do is defeat a few more socialists in every election, and eventually the citizenry will gain the power guaranteed us in the Constitution, and return government to it's rightful place.
And we can use peaceful, legal means, rather than ridiculous loud-mouthed demonstrations, sit-ins, and so-called "occupation".
How stupid are T-baggers?
When the wealth terrorists get their way and turn America from a republic into a plutocracy, you are not going to be one of them.
You are going yo be one of the peasants.

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

#6 Oct 8, 2011
So Tijana Susanna simply pisses away a few more million $$$.

The irony of this dumbass Cary L Nickel's,'And we can use peaceful, legal means, rather than ridiculous loud-mouthed demonstrations, sit-ins, and so-called "occupation".' This crap coming from a teabagger! One of the ignorant misinformed brainwashed hart-radio, Fox, and Astro-turf propaganda outlets damn near shut down all townhalls in 2009. All the while spewing the racist crap and raising hell about the health care bill while hollering "hands off my medicare."

He wouldn't know a socialist if Bernie Sanders explained it to him.
Leverage

Los Alamos, NM

#8 Oct 8, 2011
Jenks wrote:
You llying sack, you are still insane. This will help her keep her job. Selfish.
It's just the same stuff as always. She's pushing for a shutdown, like a spoiled brat. Just like the current repugnicans in Congress in the House.

BTW ,there were 40 proposals, and this media snippet doesn't accurately show much of the progress on which that were selected.

Stirring the pot?
WorkingStiff

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Oct 8, 2011
Cary L Nickel wrote:
Good for Governor Martinez!
The leftist/liberals in Santa Fe know their days are numbered, so they must find any way possible to hold onto power..even if it means fraudulently restructuring voting blocks in their favor.
The people of New Mexico deserve better from our representatives in the New Mexico Legislature. The only way to assure honesty and accountability is to continue to vote out leftists at every electoral opportunity. They have had their day. They have failed. It is time to get back to the principles that found this country and made it great:
Less government.
More freedom.
In the meantime, say no to gerrymandering!
WORD!!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10 Oct 8, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
So Tijana Susanna simply pisses away a few more million $$$.
The irony of this dumbass Cary L Nickel's,'And we can use peaceful, legal means, rather than ridiculous loud-mouthed demonstrations, sit-ins, and so-called "occupation".' This crap coming from a teabagger! One of the ignorant misinformed brainwashed hart-radio, Fox, and Astro-turf propaganda outlets damn near shut down all townhalls in 2009. All the while spewing the racist crap and raising hell about the health care bill while hollering "hands off my medicare."
He wouldn't know a socialist if Bernie Sanders explained it to him.
There is no comparison between the peaceful, organized, planned demonstrations of the TEA Party, and the raucous, unlawful, and disrespectful protests currently being held by the leftists. The TEA party demonstrations are held on grounds that are designed for such gatherings. The TEA party doesn't block traffic. The TEA party doesn't interfere with legitimate and lawful business activities. The TEA party doesn't sleep on the streets like your hippie brethren.

The TEA Party is looking for change through the ballot box, NOT through insanity and violence.

So what spot on the lawn are you occupying?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#11 Oct 8, 2011
WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid are T-baggers?
When the wealth terrorists get their way and turn America from a republic into a plutocracy, you are not going to be one of them.
You are going yo be one of the peasants.
I would rather be a free peasant, than live a lie.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#12 Oct 8, 2011
Leverage wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just the same stuff as always. She's pushing for a shutdown, like a spoiled brat. Just like the current repugnicans in Congress in the House.
BTW ,there were 40 proposals, and this media snippet doesn't accurately show much of the progress on which that were selected.
Stirring the pot?
I have no problem at all shutting down our current, overbearing, tyrannical government, whether it be at the local, state, or federal level. As long as it's done through legal and peaceful means.

It time for you leftist power mongers to realize your time is over.

Since: Sep 08

Placitas, NM

#13 Oct 8, 2011
"The TEA Party is looking for change through the ballot box, NOT through insanity and violence."

IF that were a factual statement teabaggers wouldn't be supporting the Reich-wing's attempts to disenfranchise voters.

“US Navy”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Oct 8, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
"The TEA Party is looking for change through the ballot box, NOT through insanity and violence."
IF that were a factual statement teabaggers wouldn't be supporting the Reich-wing's attempts to disenfranchise voters.
You mean like the Obama has accomplished?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#15 Oct 8, 2011
PlacitasRoy wrote:
"The TEA Party is looking for change through the ballot box, NOT through insanity and violence."
IF that were a factual statement teabaggers wouldn't be supporting the Reich-wing's attempts to disenfranchise voters.
The only attempts to disenfranchise voters occur when people like the New Black Panthers turn away voters while dressed in paramilitary garb and carrying clubs, and then again when the current administration lets them off scot-free.

“26.2”

Since: Feb 08

Santa Fe, NM

#16 Oct 8, 2011
Gerrymandering is as American as apple pie. It is named after Elbridge Gerry (1744-1914) a signer of the Delcaration of Independence and the 5th Vice President of the USA. Gerry + salamander = odd-shaped districts to favor one party over the other. Too bad they didn't have Newt Gingrich back then to name it after. Ironically, Gerry belonged to what was then known as the Democratic-Republican party. Geesh, what would Rush Limbaugh say about this?

Both political parties try to do it when they are in the majority. It is not something that the evil liberals in Santa Fe have just invented.
Derrek Brown

Albuquerque, NM

#17 Oct 8, 2011
Jakeco wrote:
<quoted text>Keep your chin up, not all hope is lost for you. After all, obama still has a bit over a year left in office. After all, he has been doing a fine job of destroying America with little outside help.
Exactly, with plenty of help, in destroying the United States of America, from Michelle Bachman, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Eric Cantor, Gomert, Marco Rubio, Darrell Issa, and John Boehner.
Derrek Brown

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Oct 8, 2011
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no comparison between the peaceful, organized, planned demonstrations of the TEA Party, and the raucous, unlawful, and disrespectful protests currently being held by the leftists. The TEA party demonstrations are held on grounds that are designed for such gatherings. The TEA party doesn't block traffic. The TEA party doesn't interfere with legitimate and lawful business activities. The TEA party doesn't sleep on the streets like your hippie brethren.
The TEA Party is looking for change through the ballot box, NOT through insanity and violence.
So what spot on the lawn are you occupying?
Exacly, NO COMPARISON, the Tea Party were much more rowdy, threatening, rude, obnoxious, and violent as todays Wall Street protesters.

Of course, the Tea Party protesters did not sleep in the street, they could afford the Waldorf Astoria, the Marriot, and the Oriental Hotel.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#19 Oct 8, 2011
Derrek Brown wrote:
<quoted text>
Exacly, NO COMPARISON, the Tea Party were much more rowdy, threatening, rude, obnoxious, and violent as todays Wall Street protesters.
Of course, the Tea Party protesters did not sleep in the street, they could afford the Waldorf Astoria, the Marriot, and the Oriental Hotel.
Really? Then you ain't seen nothing yet!

See you at the Waldorf!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#20 Oct 8, 2011
Lobo Viejo wrote:
Gerrymandering is as American as apple pie. It is named after Elbridge Gerry (1744-1914) a signer of the Delcaration of Independence and the 5th Vice President of the USA. Gerry + salamander = odd-shaped districts to favor one party over the other. Too bad they didn't have Newt Gingrich back then to name it after. Ironically, Gerry belonged to what was then known as the Democratic-Republican party. Geesh, what would Rush Limbaugh say about this?
Both political parties try to do it when they are in the majority. It is not something that the evil liberals in Santa Fe have just invented.
You support gerrymandering, then?
Derrek Brown

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Oct 9, 2011
Cary L Nickel wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Then you ain't seen nothing yet!
See you at the Waldorf!
Bought and paid for by David and Charles Koch of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rio Rancho Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good Old Days 2 (Apr '10) 4 hr Bees 106,960
Today I Saw (Nov '09) 4 hr Mister Chix 56,142
Tourism boss takes over CYFD 6 hr Uh no 8
Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 10 hr Bolgios 6,184
New Mexico Airlines cancels all flights until f... Sat conchapena 15
free chat (Nov '08) Sat raju 579
Review: Toy Planet Fri consumer joe 1
Rio Rancho Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rio Rancho People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rio Rancho News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rio Rancho

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:19 pm PST

NBC Sports 5:19PM
Jim Harbaugh to Michigan looking more and more like a formality
Bleacher Report 5:24 PM
Early Preview for NFC Wild Card Matchups
Bleacher Report 7:32 PM
49ers End Season on High Note
Bleacher Report 7:56 PM
Full Game Grades for Broncos vs. Raiders
Bleacher Report 8:23 PM
Cardinals Can't Win with Lindley as Their Playoff QB