Since: May 10

Rooted in Reality

#152 Jun 21, 2010
Lived My Dream wrote:
Richmonders are mean especially when they try to hide behind the internet to post. They are mean in an attempt to make themselves more important than what they are. They are mean in attempt to extort money from businesses. They are mean in their attempts to make sure the poor stay poor and the rich get richer. They are mean in their attempt to continue racism as it existed in 1960 and 1970. They are mean when they try to hurt people because they have something the mean person does not-drive, intelligence, income, success. They are mean overall. Look at this site Topix.com . Most of the post are just mean spirited-because that IS Richmond.
Ok I'll bite..........I bet you think odumdum is doing a great job too eh?
Glen Allen

United States

#153 Jun 21, 2010
Lived My Dream wrote:
Richmonders are mean especially when they try to hide behind the internet to post. They are mean in an attempt to make themselves more important than what they are. They are mean in attempt to extort money from businesses. They are mean in their attempts to make sure the poor stay poor and the rich get richer. They are mean in their attempt to continue racism as it existed in 1960 and 1970. They are mean when they try to hurt people because they have something the mean person does not-drive, intelligence, income, success. They are mean overall. Look at this site Topix.com . Most of the post are just mean spirited-because that IS Richmond.
I disagree, but if you do not like it here, you can move. Before you though, I woul check out the Topix for that area because I think you will find similar posts anywhere.
Not new to Richmond

Quinton, VA

#154 Jun 27, 2010
New to Richmond wrote:
I moved to Richmond from Southwest Va and have been taken aback by how rude people are in the city and suburbs such as the west end. People think that everything is about them and their kids. They go ito restaurants and are rude to staff who are busting their butts to serve them. Richmonders go on to the internet and try hard to make others unhappy and ruin their lives with false rumors, lies and backbiting. Is this really Richmond? Have I made a mistake moving here? I often wonder this. I am really perplexed by the number of 50-70 year old people who also feel they have the right to be rude. I had a woman to come into the restaurant I worked at and was rude and obnoxious because we did not have decaf coffee ready and was in the process of making more. She was sitting at the table reading a book. She got obnoxius and made faces at staff and made rude comments. When you go to Starbucks, they do not have decaf coffee ready immediately either. Not many. But she and others like her are outright irate irritating over a $1 cup of cofee. Why are Richmonders so rude
My suggestion would be to either go back to SW VA or elsewhere while you still have your sanity, your good name and reputation because you run a great risk of losing it all in this town, possibly even your life. There are some here who will spend their entire lives harassing and slandering others, usually the ones that aren't natives.
Not new to Richmond

Quinton, VA

#155 Jun 27, 2010
New to Richmond wrote:
the mean people I have run into are native Richmond, virginians. THey are not all transplants from the North. A native Richmonder named Janet Raymond who graduated from Tucker High School and works at Flanagans HVAC, has been doing everything possible to make my daughters life miserable and to ruin her future. My daughter never did anything to Janet but the harrassment persists. My neighbors have harassed us for being transplants. I own a business here and customers come in and demand things that are unreasonable and not the product that we sell and have the nerve to yell at us for not selling something they can get down the road from someone who does sell it. We have customers coming in and demanding immediate production of something that would take us a week to produce. We cannot produce their custom item in an hour so they yell at us as if that is going to cut days off the service. I have had people to buy something brand new and in perfect condition; then take it home and bring it back a week later broken, used and demanding money back. Well I cant give you money back because it was stuffed in the garbage disposal by Johnny or left on the driveway and run over by Mommy. Yet they yell at me for it and threaten to sue if they do not get their way. It seems that everything is about Me Me Me & Me when it comes to Richmonders.
These people are born harassers. They apparently have nothing else to do. I know some people who have been harassed a lifetime. So you can understand why they're still living in the middle ages. What your daughter can do is slap this person down either verbally or physically. It's not to her advantage to put up with being harassed. I'm speaking from experience.
Not new to Richmond

Quinton, VA

#156 Jun 27, 2010
These people are born harassers. They apparently have nothing else to do. I know some people who have been harassed a lifetime. So you can understand why they're still living in the middle ages. What your daughter can do is slap this person down either verbally or physically. It's not to her advantage to put up with being harassed. I'm speaking from experience.

Jay

Richmond, VA

#157 Jun 27, 2010
Not new to Richmond wrote:
<quoted text>
You wanna experience meaner people, I have dealt with the ones that are in the Navy from Philadelphia, PA. I knew about 4 people from there and 3 of them are as mean as a snake. 2 of them have terrible tempers and 2 of them are very self-centered/snobbish. Again, this is not about Philadelphians in general as mean people exist anywhere. My point is that, I have seen worst people from other cities than Richmond.
Not new to Richmond

Quinton, VA

#158 Jun 27, 2010
If I were New to Richmond and know what I know now, I would run like hell away from this place. Believe me, it doesn't get any better, it only gets worse. Some people here don't like other people especially the ones from "out of town" criticizing them or making them "look bad" so you might possibly even be targeted by one of the mafia-type gangster groups here and harassed and slandered for the rest of your life. This has been known to happen. I am not making it up. Personally I think moving to Venezuela or Zimbabwe might have been a better choice.

Rooted in Reality

#159 Jun 28, 2010
Wow , I didn't know odumdum was from Richmond.
Jay

Louisa, VA

#160 Jun 28, 2010
If I were New to Richmond and know what I know now, I would run like hell away from this place. Believe me, it doesn't get any better, it only gets worse. Some people here don't like other people especially the ones from "out of town" criticizing them or making them "look bad" so you might possibly even be targeted by one of the mafia-type gangster groups here and harassed and slandered for the rest of your life. This has been known to happen. I am not making it up. Personally I think moving to Venezuela or Zimbabwe might have been a better choice.
Venezuela and Zimbabwe, are you insane? Zimbabwe is a 3rd world country and possible a dictatorship. And Venezuela is definitely a dictatorship with Hugo Chavez running things there. You have limited freedom over there and if you get arrested for anything there, you will experience torture and inhumane conditions. Mafia gangsters? Honey, I am from Norfolk and I have even went to Chicago. Gangs are everywhere nowadays. You just need to be vigilant. I am always aware of them and I am strapped too, legally of course.
Jay

Louisa, VA

#161 Jun 28, 2010
With the exception of MS-13 in the Northern VA area as well as the United Blood Nation, all VA-based gangs are a joke.
New to Richmond

Richmond, VA

#162 Jun 29, 2010
<quoted text>
My suggestion would be to either go back to SW VA or elsewhere while you still have your sanity, your good name and reputation because you run a great risk of losing it all in this town, possibly even your life. There are some here who will spend their entire lives harassing and slandering others, usually the ones that aren't natives.
Soundsl like you may have met some of the mean people of Richmond
Richmond Kicker Fan

Richmond, VA

#163 Jun 29, 2010
You are not new here wrote:
Jamyce Vinson, you are not new to Richmond and you need to stop lying!
<quoted text>
you are such a bitch.
You are right

Richmond, VA

#164 Jun 29, 2010
New to Richmond wrote:
<quoted text>
Soundsl like you may have met some of the mean people of Richmond
I agree! It sounds like the other poster met the mean ones for sure!
bigjohn

Schenectady, NY

#165 Jul 1, 2010
Sir Jazzalot wrote:
<quoted text>
proved what? that you're a backwoods hillbilly redneck with racist tendancies???
LOL..
yousukkamybiggawon
skankysally

Triangle, VA

#166 Jul 2, 2010
I had an engineer from Hopewell loose his shoe in my vag
Glen Allen

United States

#167 Jul 2, 2010
skankysally wrote:
Hey, I think I know that guy!

Rooted in Reality

#169 Jul 3, 2010
skankysally wrote:
Boy ,is that tight or what?
Richmond Mom

Richmond, VA

#170 Jul 3, 2010
skankysally wrote:
See how mean Richmonders are
JIMBO

Greensboro, NC

#171 Jul 4, 2010
Who put the Yankee in the governor's office?
Kick this

Richmond, VA

#172 Jul 4, 2010
skankysally wrote:
you are just nasty, selfish and revengefull. YOu seem to also be a slut. why let anyone put his shoe in your vag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deadly Revelations about E Bola and HIV viruses 12 hr Concerned Citizen 1
Hell Has no Fury Like a Bloody Gory Violent Act... 15 hr Culture Auditor 1
Latest on Marie Renee Wilson Loan Default 16 hr Richard W Firth 3
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) Fri FourFootTallDaddy 12,372
Bill Rovi, unlicensed & uninsured contractor co... Oct 28 Buddy Mitchell 8
Enough is Enough! Oct 28 Concerned Citizen 3
Gang stalking and psychological harassment in R... Oct 27 slightlyinsane 3
Richmond Dating
Find my Match

Richmond People Search