16-year-old found guilty in Casco Township murder

A jury found a 16-year-old boy guilty Thursday of first-degree murder, armed robbery and two counts of larceny for the May 31 beating and stabbing death of a 43-year-old Casco Township woman. Full Story
Spunky

AOL

#21 Nov 23, 2006
anonymous wrote:
by the way for everyone who wants to argue against skip, we all know that's maryanns husband, the ahem "alleged" child molester....
We are not discussing the life of Maryann's husband now are we? We are discussing what two people did to distroyed a family. I would love to be there to see them beaten, stabbed, punched and of all things have a coffee cup thrown at them. How would like it anonymous if someone did this to your family member and then brought out dirty laundry reguarding the deceased's spouse. I think that it is very shameful that you have brought this out. If he is an alledged child molester, then that is his business not any business of yours.....
aul

Arlington Heights, IL

#22 Nov 26, 2006
dwalts wrote:
<quoted text>****i'm sure you think your side of the "story" is correct, but why don't you get your facts straight. what's the real reason the kids were given back to their mother? check court records. i'm sure brandons father has had alot of sleepless nights . any murder is tragic, but the mistakes we make as parents don't cause a child to kill****
The real reason the children were given back,was because the mother taught these two children to lie and lie well. She did it in court and so did her children. Why dont you people get ahold of the daughter and ask her, she has told her father that.
may31

United States

#23 Nov 27, 2006
anonymous wrote:
okay, well, i'm glad to see everyone so interested in Butchie's welfare now that it is too late..yes we all cared, but nobody cared enough to do something WHEN WE COULD HAVE. we all let that little boy live in that situation, knowing full well everything that went on there. THAT MAKES US GUILTY TOO. i personally believe that maryann (a drug addict) and Brandon (another drug addict) got into a fight, during which time Brandon lost control (probably because she landed a good shot or two on him). knowing Butchie, and that entire family since it began, i can only assume that Butchie made a bad decision and is paying for it with his life. But look at the role models he had...people who base THEIR LIVES on immoral values and bad desicions. Should Butchie spent the rest of his life in prison..no way...should he pay for his involvement...yes. to the person that said Margie knew about it and they sat around and DISCUSSED IT??? what planet are you from? this was carried out without her help or advice, and as far as waiting to call the police...would YOU call the police on YOUR children? BRANDON commited this crime, and it is brandn who should pay....someone can sit here and tell me to jump off a bridge all day, but am i going to do it? NO WAY. the same goes for blaming everything on Margie. yes, she was an influence, but she was not the only one, and she did not control him, for sure. If Margie or Kodofee or Brandon's friends is to blame in this case, then why is Janelle doing so well? people make their own decisions. it's just sad that butchie got turned int a martyr by the court system. IF all you supporters of Butchie want to blame someone, blame Politics.
this sounds like the way it could have happend. knowing everyone involved, it was my first thought. but as we all know we weren't there. we'll never know for sure. butchie so sorry so many people failed you in you young life
sosad

AOL

#24 Nov 27, 2006
anonymous wrote:
by the way for everyone who wants to argue against skip, we all know that's maryanns husband, the ahem "alleged" child molester.... "daughter"
"daughter"

Since: Nov 06

Roseville, MI

#25 Nov 28, 2006
anonymous wrote:
okay, well, i'm glad to see everyone so interested in Butchie's welfare now that it is too late..yes we all cared, but nobody cared enough to do something WHEN WE COULD HAVE. we all let that little boy live in that situation, knowing full well everything that went on there. THAT MAKES US GUILTY TOO. i personally believe that maryann (a drug addict) and Brandon (another drug addict) got into a fight, during which time Brandon lost control (probably because she landed a good shot or two on him). knowing Butchie, and that entire family since it began, i can only assume that Butchie made a bad decision and is paying for it with his life. But look at the role models he had...people who base THEIR LIVES on immoral values and bad desicions. Should Butchie spent the rest of his life in prison..no way...should he pay for his involvement...yes. to the person that said Margie knew about it and they sat around and DISCUSSED IT??? what planet are you from? this was carried out without her help or advice, and as far as waiting to call the police...would YOU call the police on YOUR children? BRANDON commited this crime, and it is brandn who should pay....someone can sit here and tell me to jump off a bridge all day, but am i going to do it? NO WAY. the same goes for blaming everything on Margie. yes, she was an influence, but she was not the only one, and she did not control him, for sure. If Margie or Kodofee or Brandon's friends is to blame in this case, then why is Janelle doing so well? people make their own decisions. it's just sad that butchie got turned int a martyr by the court system. IF all you supporters of Butchie want to blame someone, blame Politics.
To answer your question, yes, I would have turned my child in or in the very least advised him or them to turn themselves in (the right thing to do, I was brought up to respect the law and to respect others). If Brandon and Butchie would have turned themselves in, maybe the charges wouldn't have been so harsh and the punishment more lienent, a slim chance but a chance that I would have wanted my child to take, instead of being a fugitive and not taking the responsibility for their actions.
It has been reported and has even been brought up in the trial that Brandon called his mother. What do you think he said to her in those conversations? He had to have told her something awful happened and How do you think Butchie got back in Margie's custody? He sure as hell didn't walk home!!!! Brandon took him home. They both went inside and things were discussed that couldn't be discussed over the phone. SHAME ON MARGIE FOR NOT ADVISING HER CHILDREN TO TURN THEMSELVES IN!!! SHE SHOULD BE CHARGED AS AN ACCESSORY!! Here is another tid bit to mull over, Margie never hesitated to call the police whenever Brandon had a warrant out for his arrest, she'd call them in a heartbeat! I have another question she knew of Maryann's death on Wednesday why did she wait until Thursday to go over there and then call the police? She was trying to cover up for Brandon and Butchie. Wake up and smell the coffee brewing, if you don't think she is involved, then your the one from another planet not I.
As for Brandon and Butchie's sister, the only reason she is doing better (I say better because she herself has a record and isn't even 21 yet) because she does not live with her mother, she lives with someone that won't put up with bull and makes her tow the line. She also is doing well because she realizes that what mommy says isn't always the truth. Everyday this daughter of Margie's finds out new information about her mother that makes her realize her mother isn't a very good person and not to make decisions based on examples from her mother.(like putting cable and phone in your childs name and not paying the bills, doing that will ruin your child's credit in the future)

Roseville, MI

#26 Nov 28, 2006
anonymous wrote:
In answer to your question, yes, I'd turn my child in or in the very least advise them to turn themselves in. It's the right thing to do, I was brought up to respect the law and to respect others.

Oh, and wake up and smell the coffee brewing, if you don't think Margie is involved in covering up the crime, then your the one from another planet not I. It's fact that she knew of the incident on Wednesday morning why did she wait until Thursday to go check out the scene and call the police? SHAME ON HER FOR NOT ADVISING HER CHILDREN TO TURN THEMSELVES IN!!!!

As for Brandon and Butchie's sister, she's non of your business, her name hasn't been mentioned in any of the papers and she isn't part of what happened to Maryann. She wasn't there, she wasn't living under Margie's roof at that time and she isn't now either (that's why she is doing so good, not much contact with her mother). Be careful, anonymous, you might be opening yourself up for a lawsuit by putting her name in print.

Roseville, MI

#27 Nov 28, 2006
HHHMMMM/!! the site must be having a problem or, it's me and my nimble fingers. both the above posts show4ed up, one of them I originally deleted, before submitting and it showed up anyway. OH Well!!! such is life
i know the family well

AOL

#29 Dec 12, 2006
well this is my own opinion...brandon has always been a trouble maker...we all knew that eventually oneday he would go to prison...kill someone or get killed himself...its just such a shame for them to supposedly convict butchie on no evidence... was not right...if there was no evidence why did he get life with no parole? yes he was there so he is automatically guilty for not goin to the police...or even tryin to get help...another thing is maybe he really was scared of what brandon might have done to him...if i was there i would have been scared and traumatized...i just feel so bad for lil butchie he has never had a chance at life and reality from the begining....its just a sad situation for everyone all together...also margie knew all about this she should have gotten her a$$ out of her bed and went right to the police...and i feel so bad for what happened to maryann and all the trauma her family is goin through....ecspecially for her children who are havin babies...they will never know their grandmother...and the grandmother will never physically know her grandchildren...what a shame...and for brandons girlfriend(shavaun)she knew what was goin on...shes the one who followed him to detroit to drop the ladies truck off...and then drove him back out to roseville...why hasnt she got in trouble for her role? and i know all of this because margie is the one who was on the phone day in and day out tellin everyone about what was goin on....
pal

Arlington Heights, IL

#30 Dec 16, 2006
i know the family well wrote:
well this is my own opinion...brandon has always been a trouble maker...we all knew that eventually oneday he would go to prison...kill someone or get killed himself...its just such a shame for them to supposedly convict butchie on no evidence... was not right...if there was no evidence why did he get life with no parole? yes he was there so he is automatically guilty for not goin to the police...or even tryin to get help...another thing is maybe he really was scared of what brandon might have done to him...if i was there i would have been scared and traumatized...i just feel so bad for lil butchie he has never had a chance at life and reality from the begining....its just a sad situation for everyone all together...also margie knew all about this she should have gotten her a$$ out of her bed and went right to the police...and i feel so bad for what happened to maryann and all the trauma her family is goin through....ecspecially for her children who are havin babies...they will never know their grandmother...and the grandmother will never physically know her grandchildren...what a shame...and for brandons girlfriend(shavaun)she knew what was goin on...shes the one who followed him to detroit to drop the ladies truck off...and then drove him back out to roseville...why hasnt she got in trouble for her role? and i know all of this because margie is the one who was on the phone day in and day out tellin everyone about what was goin on....
If you know this why have'nt you contacted the state police. The mother should be held accountable,her two sons confided in her for everything else like getting drugs etc. why would'nt they in this instance? When it comes to making up stories and telling lies shes the best.
Maryanns Friend

Ann Arbor, MI

#31 Jan 11, 2007
I would just like to say that all of the people that are defending the alleged "poor butchie" are completely ignorant! You act as if he didn't know what he was doing! He's not 5 years old people! Butchie sat there in court and admitted to holding Maryann while Brandon tortured her and then killed her. I know Maryann and she could've fought back against ONE person, so the fact that Butchie never physically touched her is bull! Everybody keeps saying that the courts are messed up for putting a 15 year old in prison for the rest of his life? How would all of you like it if one of your family members took in someone out of the kindness of their heart,(someone that they used to babysit when Brandon and Butchie were babies), let them stay in their house, eat their food, and utilize their household, and then one day out of nowhere, the same two kids decided they wanted to brutely murder your family member? They both deserve a lot more than life in prison as far as im concerned! There is no excuse for either one of these two for doing what they did. I don't care how messed up your life is, there is no reason to take another persons life! Stop making excuses for him! I love you Maryann! Rest In Peace!
fof

Arlington Heights, IL

#32 Jan 11, 2007
Maryanns Friend wrote:
I would just like to say that all of the people that are defending the alleged "poor butchie" are completely ignorant! You act as if he didn't know what he was doing! He's not 5 years old people! Butchie sat there in court and admitted to holding Maryann while Brandon tortured her and then killed her. I know Maryann and she could've fought back against ONE person, so the fact that Butchie never physically touched her is bull! Everybody keeps saying that the courts are messed up for putting a 15 year old in prison for the rest of his life? How would all of you like it if one of your family members took in someone out of the kindness of their heart,(someone that they used to babysit when Brandon and Butchie were babies), let them stay in their house, eat their food, and utilize their household, and then one day out of nowhere, the same two kids decided they wanted to brutely murder your family member? They both deserve a lot more than life in prison as far as im concerned! There is no excuse for either one of these two for doing what they did. I don't care how messed up your life is, there is no reason to take another persons life! Stop making excuses for him! I love you Maryann! Rest In Peace!
Your absolutely right.Butchie could of ran out for help,but did'nt.I agree there is no reason to take a life.Maryann should still be alive today,the legal system and lack of parenting by the mother also played a major roll in this tragedy. The so called mother should be put in jail for the roll she has played totally destroying her three children lives.
no name

Arlington Heights, IL

#33 Jan 12, 2007
leila wrote:
i also no this person he was a good friend of my family his mom did have alot of proubles and as far as brandon he wasent that bad they dident get the disaplin they need thats for sur i think buchie should not be in this much trouble buchie was always a good boy...
her biggest problem is yet to come

United States

#34 Jan 12, 2007
no name wrote:
<quoted text>her biggest problem is yet to come
please do tell more, I'm sure that I am not the only one to reading this thread that is intrigued by your comment. Do be more forth coming with details.
friends of the father

Arlington Heights, IL

#35 Jan 12, 2007
dwalts wrote:
<quoted text>****i'm sure you think your side of the "story" is correct, but why don't you get your facts straight. what's the real reason the kids were given back to their mother? check court records. i'm sure brandons father has had alot of sleepless nights . any murder is tragic, but the mistakes we make as parents don't cause a child to kill****
I'm a lawyer who knows the father,and I did check the court records. The mother was deemed unfit by The Macomb Circuit Court. The children and mother lied to the F.I A. All parties involved in removing these children from a stable disaplined home should be fired. I've talked to a judge,and he could not believe this happened. We believe if the kiddy court and state would of done there job no one would reading these comments.
just a fomer friend

Lake Orion, MI

#36 Jan 24, 2007
well i knew Butchie not well i went to school with him for a cupple of years. he was a trubbled kid he sold druges at school and used but i never exspected this to come about. 15 year old kid guilty....life. I knew him i walked in the same halls as him i even had a class with him...bottem line. when people are born they have many paths to face many rodes to go down those people make there own choice Butchie made his choice.
Friends of the father

Arlington Heights, IL

#37 Jan 27, 2007
We read the comments poor Butchie this and that, what about the victim and her family. We are friends of the father, us as well as Brandons father are devistated by this tragedy. To MaryAnns family you are in our prayers. The Father truely believes that if the children would of stayed in his custody none of this would of happened. You all say you failed Butchie for not intervening in his terrible upbringing. Do you think the father was trying to keep his children away from the mother for no reason? He wrote a letter to his lawyer saying what would happed if placed in the mothers custody. He was 100% correct she let both children drop out of school, and both ended up in jail. Does this surprise anyone that Butchie ended up where he is today. You should of seen the writing on the wall.
mad as hell

Arlington Heights, IL

#38 Jan 28, 2007
Being a mother of three children I cant believe a mother would do this to her children. A child is a precious thing that needs love nurturing etc. The only thing she showed them was how to do was lie and be law breakers. The terrible upbringing of these children has led us to where we are today. To all the supporters of the mother shame on you, she deserves to be in jail with her two sons. Last year she was also convicted of drug charges. Is this the kind of mother that should be allowed to raise children? These kids never had a chance.
Baffled

Royal Oak, MI

#39 Jan 30, 2007
I can't believe the w. t. in here supporting a PROVEN murderer. Put down the budwieser, turn off springer. Wake up. An innocent women was tortured and murdered for a couple of dollars so brandon could hook up(drugs).Obviously his friends and family knew Brandon was f'd for life,didn't do anything about it.Oh and the poor little 15 yr old, pffff you must be joking. all of his actions that night were his own, he admitted it, his friends and family know it, just another sorry a*$ attempt to get over on the system. As far as the little girlfriends and big mama,, guilty as well, thier concience will catch up to them. I hope the big mama thinks about it every time she tries to numb herself. Butchie and Brandon, I smile when I think of the hell the rest of your lives will be, you deserve every second of it!
son

Ada, MI

#40 Jan 31, 2007
i think everyone here has a valid point...these kids didnt get the love/support that they should have had as children(obviously), but a lot of kids dont. as we grow as men in this world we understand there is a such thing as right and wrong. it is not very tricky to figure out where this situation lies. two young men had many choices to make that night and they chose 1, TO VIOLENTLY MURDER SOMEONE THAT LOVED THEM AND CARED FOR THEM AS IF THEY WERE HER OWN!! they had a chance/choice to stop at any point and time and they didnt. instead they chose to continue beating and stabbing her until her spirit left her body which became her only comfort that awful night. i feel no sorrow WHAT SO EVER for these 2 pieces of scummy s**t. you dont just kill people, and anyone who speaks in either one of their defense needs to see what they can do to help the daughter before something twisted becomes of her life and stop waisting their time justifying the things brandon and butchie did. i hate them both and all the comments and days in jail will never bring back what they took from me, so if you dont like what i say...F**K YOU!!!!!! i wont speak on this stupid page again.
SOMEONE CLOSE

Royal Oak, MI

#41 Feb 2, 2007
aul wrote:
<quoted text>The real reason the children were given back,was because the mother taught these two children to lie and lie well. She did it in court and so did her children. Why dont you people get ahold of the daughter and ask her, she has told her father that.
WELL OBVIOSLY YOU KNOW NOTHING. I BET YOU SOUND EVEN MORE IGNORANT WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH. SO NOBODY CARES TO READ YOUR IMAGINARY THOUGHTS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UPDATE 1-Russia's Severstal sells U.S. plants t... Oct 22 Bugsby 10
'He could've saved Mark's life' (Jan '08) Sep '14 Margaret Marschke 24
State might step in to fix tax rolls Aug '14 kimbalk resident 1
Judge denies parole request for man in 1997 Eas... Aug '14 rgv 1
Police Release Sketch Of Person Of Interest In ... Jul '14 Livonia 3
Police seeking tips in 14-year-old girl's slaying Jul '14 Livonia 2
Police chase in richmond saturday night june 7th Jul '14 heidi 8
Richmond Dating
Find my Match

Richmond Jobs