other 8 involved in abuse at madison manor

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
SNOOPES

Richmond, KY

#1 Jan 3, 2009
We all now know Jacklyn Vanwinkle was arrested for abuse at Madison Manor but reports say 8 others were fired , who are they?? Where are they now working?
child of god

Richmond, KY

#2 Jan 3, 2009
SNOOPES wrote:
We all now know Jacklyn Vanwinkle was arrested for abuse at Madison Manor but reports say 8 others were fired , who are they?? Where are they now working?
i dont believe jackie vanwinkle abused anyone.i personally workedwith her at the nieghborhood of richmond. and let me tell you she was a very good worker very gentle and caring of her patients .say you will about her personal life .but on this subject nope dont bye it.
Reality

Richmond, KY

#3 Jan 3, 2009
Is this the woman that they have on video?? Guess that makes the unbelieveable, believeable.
weary

Richmond, KY

#4 Jan 3, 2009
i,m so sad about this i to worked with jackie at the nieghborhood .oh i know her personal life was messed up .but i honestly never saw any abuse .she got fired for falling asleep after she like the rest of us had been working alot of double shifts
SNOOPES

Richmond, KY

#5 Jan 4, 2009
Reality wrote:
Is this the woman that they have on video?? Guess that makes the unbelieveable, believeable.
yes, she is the one in the video..would love to know who the others were..seems they were all involved,

Since: Jan 09

Richmond, KY

#6 Jan 5, 2009
SNOOPES wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, she is the one in the video..would love to know who the others were..seems they were all involved,
where can you see the video ?
godchild

Richmond, KY

#7 Jan 5, 2009
Reality wrote:
Is this the woman that they have on video?? Guess that makes the unbelieveable, believeable.
guess people should get there facts straight .the only thing jackies doing is dancing and singing on the tape .not hitting or abusing anyone .you ever work at a nursing home?i knew she hadnt hurt any one .her papa married my husband and myself plus jackie is a fantastic hair stylist.,,,duh you of little faith .i knew she didnt do it.
godchild

Richmond, KY

#8 Jan 5, 2009
SNOOPES wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, she is the one in the video..would love to know who the others were..seems they were all involved,
i would to why is jackies face the only one in the paper and her name blasted all over the place ?
locals

Richmond, KY

#9 Jan 5, 2009
don't think the attorney gen. looks into singing & dancing! she can't tell the truth..went on to mcready manor telling them she had nothing to do with incident at madison..they fired her as soon as they got background check..and what does her doing hair have to do with this/ why would she be working at nursing homes if she was a hair stylest? if she is so innocent..why doesn't she speak up as to who is guilty of this abuse to a poor elderly lady who was helpless..
Working everyday

Englewood, CO

#10 Jan 5, 2009
godchild wrote:
<quoted text>i would to why is jackies face the only one in the paper and her name blasted all over the place ?


I worked there then, and still do. I was instrumential in getting the family to put hidden video in the room. She is just pissed because she got caught. Dancing my ass. How stupid do you think people are? When she's indicted we will she how much dancing her and the other 4 caught on tape can do. Just because they do not know they are taped yet means nothing. They are.

People that mistreat old defenceless helpless people, and stand and eat their food and such should never be allowed to work in health care.

As I said, I am still here, and watching everything that goes on, and attending every bullshit meeting where management is scared to death. I advised the family of the actions going on. If the people were caught doing it, tough shit. I sleep great every night. The only regret I have in this entire incident is the people that got fired for turning this crap into management. Yea, it happened. A few told the supervisors about this and got canned for doing it. I hope they sue the place. But seeing that, I did not speak to management, I went to the family. And I am dambed glad I did.

Sowhatnow

Richmond, KY

#11 Jan 6, 2009
So what happens to these people now?
locals

Richmond, KY

#12 Jan 6, 2009
which people/
who are they

Richmond, KY

#13 Jan 6, 2009
I just would like to know who were the other people?
locals

Richmond, KY

#14 Jan 6, 2009
i would like to know also. WORKING EVERYDAY bet you could tell us. are we going to see their names along with Jackie's in this investagation? i also wonder where they are working now..hope not taking care of any of my family or yours.
Cut and Pasted

Richmond, KY

#15 Jan 9, 2009
What the video tape revealed was heartbreaking – Armeda was helpless as nursing assistants physically abused and taunted her - pulling her from the bed by her wrists and neck - and even failed to feed and clean her. The tape resulted in an investigation into “injuries of unknown origin” on a total of 17 residents who, like Armeda, were cognitively impaired. That investigation led to a citation by the Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services against Madison Manor for not adequately investigating the patients’ injuries.
Local resident

Richmond, KY

#16 Jan 9, 2009
Working everyday wrote:
<quoted text>
I worked there then, and still do. I was instrumential in getting the family to put hidden video in the room. She is just pissed because she got caught. Dancing my ass. How stupid do you think people are? When she's indicted we will she how much dancing her and the other 4 caught on tape can do. Just because they do not know they are taped yet means nothing. They are.
People that mistreat old defenceless helpless people, and stand and eat their food and such should never be allowed to work in health care.
As I said, I am still here, and watching everything that goes on, and attending every bullshit meeting where management is scared to death. I advised the family of the actions going on. If the people were caught doing it, tough shit. I sleep great every night. The only regret I have in this entire incident is the people that got fired for turning this crap into management. Yea, it happened. A few told the supervisors about this and got canned for doing it. I hope they sue the place. But seeing that, I did not speak to management, I went to the family. And I am dambed glad I did.
who are the others and i also heard they have alredy been fired only to go on and get jobs in other nursing homes ,i love my family very much and would not want someone even accused of doing this taking care of my mother or father or anyone that is defenseless.so if another nursing home has hired new employees please check into their background and ask them have they been involved in any allegations of abuse wheather they were convicted or not.help protect our elderly
country gal

Richmond, KY

#17 Jan 9, 2009
Local resident wrote:
<quoted text>
who are the others and i also heard they have alredy been fired only to go on and get jobs in other nursing homes ,i love my family very much and would not want someone even accused of doing this taking care of my mother or father or anyone that is defenseless.so if another nursing home has hired new employees please check into their background and ask them have they been involved in any allegations of abuse wheather they were convicted or not.help protect our elderly
Heard on another topic the names Starla Fish and Catina Wagers were involved
SNOOPES

Richmond, KY

#18 Jan 9, 2009
what about supervisors or the RN on duty when that vedio was taped..I saw intials of her mentioned along with Ms. Vanwinkle name one night but was quickly removed. what is the saying..birds of a feather flock together..they were thick as thieves.
Who are the others

Richmond, KY

#19 Jan 11, 2009
I used to work there long before any of this, However I can tell you that Catina was the main boss, she was a piece of work. I think she works at Nurses Register in lexington now, I feel sorry for them. She is really mean and treats people like they are below her. As for Starla I worked with her and she was really nice but had alot of personal issuses. However I never saw her do anything out of the way, So now we know of 3 involed what about the other 5, but we are also forgetting not only were 8 people fired but 19 were suspened.
been there

Richmond, KY

#20 Jan 11, 2009
I had a cousin in there and she was treated like shit! They would withhold medicine or give her less mg on pain meds. It was crazy. I had to go up there in the middle of the night to make sure they gave her medicine that night! How can they act like this, morals people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Small Wonders Daycare (Dec '10) 16 min Huh 58
How Am I Supposed to Climb The Ladder of Succes... 33 min Ed Hieronymus 1,010
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 50 min spaceship 131,592
Word Association (Jul '10) 56 min Do The Humpty Hum... 19,676
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 59 min Do The Humpty Hum... 29,530
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 17,817
Anyone know Kelly Whitaker? 1 hr Curious 1
Duane Curry Arrested??? 5 hr Local 5
Police car chase in Richmond? 5 hr Local 793
scott renfro found dead 10 hr Official Historian 5
Richmond Dating
Find my Match

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Richmond News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richmond

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:14 pm PST

Bleacher Report 9:14PM
Redskins vs. Colts: Complete Week 13 Preview for Washington
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Colts' Herron Should Continue Starting
NBC Sports 4:12 AM
Math, trustworthy, shows Washington better with Luck not RG3
NBC Sports 5:56 AM
Source: Redskins to start Colt McCoy over RG3 - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 7:03 AM
Report: Devon Still hasn't paid child support since July